♚//: C H A P T E R _ T W O

♚//: R E G A L — apply closed°

The chance

CHAPTER Two


"what's your problem?" // november 17th, 2014 - november 18th, 2014

 

Yejin was about half war at her practice room when she heard a voice behind her.

"Hey!"

The girl turned around only to roll her eyes and continue on her way.

"I'm not done with you!" Perrin yelled down the hall as she continued to follow the other, picking up her speed. Yejin was almost there when Perriin grabbed her wrist.

"Come on, we're going back." Perrin spoke, tugging at the girl's wrist. Yejin only scoffed. The accent that rolled off her words annoyed her to no end.

"You would like to think that, wouldn't you?" Yejin replied with a snarky tone before freeing herself from the other girl's hold and continued to walk, Perrin hot behind her heels.

"What's your problem? Isn't this what you've been waiting for?" That statement made Yejin stop , soon followed by a bitter laugh.

"What's my problem?" She repeated, turning to face the other. "My problem is you. My problem is this group. You and whoever else may have waited for this moment, but not me. I was never even supposed to be part of one." She took a step closer. "I don't know about you, but having to sing songs with superficial lyrics and that sounds the same as all the other songs out there is not something I want. Having to learn an overly complicated dance to go with that song is not something I want. Having to follow so called rules being limited to what I can and cannot say is something I don't want." Yejin took a breath.

"I'm not like you. I'm not some silly idol and certainly don't want to become one. So you and the rest can do whatever, I'm not joining." And with that, Yejin spun around and continued her way, this time Perrin not following her

 

---------

 

Three heads spun towards the door as Perrin entered the room, all sighing when the Greek shook her head.

"So now what?" Jihyun asked, laying down on the floor. "Do we just continue without her?"

"No." Hyunmi spoke, determination in her voice. "She was chosen to be part of this group, we have to wait for her."

"How come she left in the first place?" Hareum asked curiously, turning her head towards Perrin.

The Greek shrugged, sitting down with her back against the wall. "She said she didn't want to become and idol."

Hareum tilted her head in confusion. "But, I thought that's why we joined in the first place, to become idols."

"Maybe she's an acting trainee" Jihyun suggested. "She might've just wanted to debut an actress without the idol process."

"Nah that doesn't make sense." Perrin responded, her accent seaping through. "She was headed to one of the vocal rooms when I followed her."

The group sat in silence, trying to think of a explaination.

"Let's just start without her." Jihyun spoke, breaking the silence. "There's no point of waiting if she isn't going to show up."

Hyunmi sighed. "I suppose."

 

---------

 

 

"Come in." Hyejin said, not surprised when she saw the young artist open the door and took the seat in front of her. Before the girl could talk, the CEO spoke first. "I know why you're here and no, I won't take you out."

"Why?" Yejin asked frustratingly. "You said I wouldn't be an idol, you promised me a solo."

"And you will get one." The CEO calmly replied. "Just not now. Maybe in a couple years when the group is successful." She saw the other cross her arms and lean back against the chair.

"As for your idol issue, we need to get this company known, and debuting an idol group is the best option. And let's face it, you aren't getting any younger." A small grin appeared on her lips as she saw Yejin scoff. "Besides, you're different from the stereotypical idol. The idol world could use someone like you."

"Just because they could use me doesn't mean I'm willing to be used." Yejin said stubbornly, causing the CEO to sigh.

"Though that might be true, I believe we have a contract." Hyejin saw the other tighten her jaw. "And that contract states that until it expires, you have to go along with me decisions. And my decision is you debuting as an idol. Do I make myself clear?"

Yejin didn't say anything, but averted her eyes to the ground. Hyejin nodded at the silent agreement.

"If it makes you feel better, you have full lyrics and producing rights to whichever song you would like, as long it meets our requirments." Hyejin smiled. "Meet with the others. You're dismissed."

 

---------

 

"Sorry, I'll go again."

The four girls were in the recording booth, trying to record some demos for their upcoming debut. Hareum has been in the studio quite some time, trying to get her line down but to no avail. The producer was nice, trying to guide the girl through it, though it was obvious he was beginning to get frustrated.

In the middle of Hareum's upteenth recording, the door opened and Yejin walked into the room, paying no attention to the stares she was recieving as she sat in the empty chair next to the producer. Pressing the button, Yejin stopped the backing track and leaned towards the mic. "Again." She ordered, taking her finger off.

Hareum, a little flustered at the sudden appearance, nodded and cleared , waiting for the track to play again. As her part started approaching, she couldn't help but tap the music stand in front of her. In the middle of her take, Hareum heard the music cut off again, causing her to look up through the glass.

"We'll play the demo again. Listen to your part carefully." Yejin spoke, playiing the demo once again for the younger to hear. Once it was over, she looked back up at Hareum who still seemed unsure. "Want me to play it again?" Yejin suggested which earned a small nod.

"Remember to relax and not to think too much. We'll play it over until you feel comfortable." Yejin reminded the younger before proceeding to play the track again.

Hareum nodded and took a deep breath, trying to listen to her part again. Yejin was surprisingly supportive and reassuring, something that Hareum wasn't expecting when she first met her. After a couple repeats, Hareum raised her hand and made an 'okay' sign and the instrumental came up again. This time, the recording went smoothly. It wasn't perfect, but it was a huge improvement. It only took a few more takes before Hareum was done for the day.

 

Once everyone finished recording their parts, the four girls packed up their things and began to leave the studio, but stopped when they saw Yejin still at the chair.

"Aren't you coming?" Jihyun asked, to which the other shook her head.

"You guys can leave first." Yejin responded, not taking her eyes off the computer in front of as she continued to arrange the song.

The four girls look at each other before nodding. "Alright then, I guess we'll see you later." Jihyun said and walked out of the room, followed by Perrin, then Hyunmi. Hareum looked over at Yejin, staying just a second longer before she left the room and closed the door with a small click.

 

⟪ AUTHOR'S NOTE ⟫ Yo everyone it's been a while. I have not forgotten about this story, it's just that school has been everywhere and I've been super stressed. But I'm back so yay! Short chapter for now, I'll try to update with something longer some time next week. Until then!