♚//: C H A P T E R _ O N E

♚//: R E G A L — apply closed°

The Beginning

CHAPTER ONE


"congradulations girls" // november 17th, 2014

 

Yejin let out a long sigh as she tapped the end of her pencil on the notebook. She was currently in one of the company's practicing booths, though she was in there so often it had practically became her's. The room was small, nothing more than a chair, small desk, and a keyboard, though it was enough for Yejin. The girl often isolated herself in the room to work on her music or write music. But for the moment, Yejin was drawing a blank. The words that used to flow out her her just aren't coming to her mind. The setences were wordy, the rhymes were awkward, nothing connected.

Giving up, Yejin closed her notebook and dropped the pencil on the table and turned her chair to face the keyboard. Placing her hands on the ivory white keys, Yejin took in a breath and began to play.

The notes flowed out effortlessly, filling the room with endless music. The notes slowly started to wash away her feelings of resentment and replace it with pride. Yejin allowed herself a small smile. This was her, she was in her element. No one could stop her.

"Um, Yejin-ssi?"

A loud bang could be heard, the mess of sounds clashing together following it immdieatly after. Yejin's eyes were closed as she took out a breath, slowly exhaling through her nose.

"Yes?" She replied, not wanting to look at the person who dared to interrupt her.

"The, uh, CEO called for you." The voice said, a little scared from the vibe Yejin seemed to giving off.

Letting out another sharp exhale, Yejin turned her back and started packing her bag, stuffing the notebook and pencil back in. When she stood up and turned around, the person was gone. Clicking her tongue, the girl left the room and began to make her way to the CEO's office.


--------

Openning the door, Yejin was soon met with another four pairs of eyes.

"Yejin." Their CEO, Hyejin, spoke. "Have a seat."

Doing so, the girl sat at the chair at the very end with her legs crossed and look at the other girls.

The girl at the other end had straight long hair and a prominent jawline. Yejin had seen her before, when they were studying Japanese togther. Her name was Ji...something. Yejin never really kept track of all the other trainees' names. All she could remember was being surprised at how quickly the girl picked up the language. For a pretty face, Ji-something surely learns quickly.

The person sitting next to her was a girl Yejin has never seen before. The girl had short hair and seemed a bit vertically challenged herself. Yejin couldn't help but notice the girl's bouncing legs and jittery fingers. She must be a dancer

The next girl Yejin remembers clearly. Hyunmi, a dance star. Yejin has no idea how she does it, but that girl could dance like a monster. Yejin also clearly remembers tripping over her own two feet and landing right in front of her. But the girl just laughed and helped her up. She was so nice and friendly. More the reason to hate her guts

The door suddenly openned once more and a girl with chin length hair walked in. She was most definately a tomboy, Yejin could tell. She had a dark t-shirt on with a pixelated Mario in the center. If that and her short hair wasn't enough proof, Yejin didn't know what was. She must be that Prince Charming girl Yejin's been hearing about.

"Perrin, have a seat." Hyejin said, motioning towards the last empty chair. It wasn't until the girl sat down did she speak again. "Now I'm sure you are all wondering why you are here."

The CEO was met with three nodding heads, a shrug, and a pair of eyes staring back at her. She continued. "Well, there's no need for secrets. Congradulations girls, you five are going to debut as Safe Haven's first group!"

The girls' joyous expressions could not be missed, even the tomboy allowed herself a small smile. However upon hearing the news, Yejin's jaw only tightened. She came to this company in hopes of being an artist, not an idol. She was promised a solo. Yejin didnt' want to perform in front of judgemental fangirls, wear ridiculous outfits, and sing generic songs. Yejin wanted to do her own music, to be in her own element, not some silly idol.

"Now the group's information is still under process such as name, concept, etc. Who knows, we might even add some people. But you five are definately in." THe CEO smiled. "You guys have been freed of your schedules for the rest of the day and instead will be spending time in one of the multitask rooms. Hopefully you guys will get to know each other there. That is all."

Yejin wanted to speak out, but she bit her tongue. She knew this wasn't the time. Instead she chimed in on the other's "Yes ma'ams" and followed the girls out.

---------

"So..." Hyunmi said slowly, succesfully breaking the awkward silence. The girls have been in the room for a good five minutes now and still havent' muttered a single word to each other. Until now that is.

"We're a group now right? We should get to know each other a bit more. I'm Chae Hyunmi." The girl said, a smile on her face. Yejin wanted nothing more than to wipe that smile off her face. "I'm a dancer and I'm from America" Of course, all the good dancers are from America. Yejin really doesn't like this girl.

"Jihyun." The girl with straight hair spoke up. So that was her name. "I rap and I'm a vegetarian." Yejin almost snorted, no wonder she was so skinny.

"I'm Hareum." The jittery girl spoke, her legs still bouncing up and down. It was starting to get on Yejin's nerves. "I also dance and I once spent a year in Malaysia when I was 14."

"Perrin." The tomboy girl spoke, her accent peaking througb. "I sing and I like disney." Yejin couldn't help raise her eyebrows. Really now?

The four pair of eyes look expectantly at her, waiting for her introduction. "Yejin"

"That's it?" Jihyun spoke up. Yejin only shrugged in return and crossed her legs in front of her.

"Well alright then." Hyunmi spoke up. Even her voice annoys the hell out of her. "Um, yeah. Now that that's done, what should we do?"

"We could showcase our talents." Jihyun spoke up. "You know, to see what we're working with."

"Great idea!" Hyunmi exclaimed. Yejin scowled. "I'll go first." Moving over to the speakers, the dancer plugged in her phone and quickly chose a song. Once the song was comfortably filled up the room, she went back to the center of the room and started to dance.

All eyes were quickly on her as Hyunmi began to move. Most dancers that tend to be remembered dance with a powerful vibe, but Hyunmi was the opposite. She had that certain grace to her that made every move she did look like art. Despite her gracefulness, she could easily draw attention and filled the room with charisma. Yejin hates it.

Halway through, she stopped and turns towards Hareum. "You dance right?" And replied with a nod, Hyunmi let out a smile. "Well then come on up."

Hareum showed a smile and quickly scrambled to her feet, finally being able to move. She took the stage as Hyunmi sat back down and began to dance. She wasn't on the same scale as Hyunmi, but she was still impressivly good.

The song soon came to and end and the music was replaced with claps. Hyunmi quickly went over to retrieve her phone, the music stopping after she unplugged it. "So, who's next?"

"I'll go." Jihyun said. Picking up her phone, she brought it to as if it was a mic and began freestyle rapping. Yejin was impressed. This girl could actually carry a beat well even though she had no music. She gets a pass

Once Jihyun was done, it was Perrin's time to shine. Racking her brain to think of a song, she settled on Tangled's When Will My Life Begin and began to sing.

What came out was nothing what Yejin expected. This girl could actually sing. Sure her technique wasn't the greatest nor is she all that powerful, but Yejin could feel every word she sang. Though not amazing, Perrin could absolutely draw in a crowd. Yejin doesn't like her either.

When Perrin was done, claps were heard all around. Though Yejin didn't clap, she offered a nod. Even if she didn't like her, she would be deaf if she couldn't recognize her talent. Once all the clapping and praises were done, the girls looked expectantly at her. "Well?" Hyunmi said when Yejin wouldn't budge. "Wanna show us something?"

Yejin just stared at her before she slowly got up, grabbed her bag, and headed out the door, leaving four confused girls behind.

 

⟪ AUTHOR'S NOTE ⟫ Heyyy first chapter up! Everybody has been introduced. Congradulations to Hareum, Jihyun, Hyunmi, and Perrin for making it. Sorry if your character doesn't have a lot of screen time, more will come! This un-betaed so sorry for ze grammar/spelling mistakes!