Ice and Bruises

Ice and Bruises

On lonely cold winter days like this, Taeyeon's favourite thing to do was go skating alone. Taeyeon had spent many of her holidays alone. She thought it could help her forget about all her problems and to relieve stress.

As she stepped onto the ice with her skates, she realized that the rink was almost empty, which to her, meant that her skate would be more peaceful. 

At first, she struggled a bit, which was normal, since she han't gone skating in almost a year. She pushed off and tried to glide on the ice, breathing in the cold air, only to fall on her bum. Embarrassed, she started looking around, praying that no one saw.

Taeyeon wasn't a professional, but she wasn't all that bad either. She tried to ignore the pain and continued gliding on the ice slowly, only to fall again.

She fell over and over again, and she didn't care whether or not other people saw, because she was getting frustrated. Getting frustrated because she came here to relieve stress and instead, she got nothing but bruises.

She started to skate slowly towards the entrance of the rink. She wanted to leave because this was not peaceful at all. She began to lose balance and started flailing her arms as she fell backwards. 'What's going on? I've never been this bad before. Is something wrong with my skates?!' she thought to herself when she saw a hand infront of her. She looked up and saw the most beautiful human being on the planet. 

This woman instantly made Taeyeon's heart flutter. The girl was offering to help Taeyeon up. Taeyeon looked up at the girl and saw the most beautiful eyesmile ever. Her eyesmile resembling a perfect crescent moon, her light brown curls falling on her shoulders gently. Taeyeon blushed and took her hand slowly.

"Are you alright?" The nameless girl had asked, concerned. "Yes, thank you." Taeyeon mumbled, trying to avoid the girl's eyes.
"I'm Stephanie" the nameless girl told her. "S-Stephanie?" Taeyeon asked, confusion written all over her face. "That's my English name. My Korean name is Hwang Miyoung, but everyone calls me Tiffany" she replied softly. "Ah, okay. I'm Taeyeon." Taeyeon mumbled, looking at the ground.
"Were you just about to leave?" Tiffany had asked, still holding Taeyeon's hand. "Uh, yes, I was." Taeyeon forced a smile. "Why? Come skate with me for a bit!" Tiffany suggested, showing her heart-winning eyesmile. Taeyeon gave in, "Okay, just for a bit." 

Tiffany held Taeyeon's hand the whole time. Taeyeon almost fell several times. Thankfully, Tiffany was there to prevent that from happening.

After they left the ice rink, Tiffany was watching Taeyeon take off her skates when she got up to buy something. She came back with two cups of hot chocolate and saw Taeyeon with her skates put away. 
"I had a great time with you today. See you around?" Tiffany said. Before Taeyeon could say anything, Tiffany took a step closer and left a kiss on Taeyeon's cheek.
Shocked, Taeyeon could only cry out "Wait...", but Tiffany was already gone and had disappeared just like that.

She finished her hot chocolate and went to the nearest trash can. As she was about to throw it out, she saw something written in Sharpie on the cup. The cup read 
"I had a great time with you, Tae. 
XXX-XXX-XXXX
-Tiffany <3"
She ended up not throwing the cup away that day and just smiled and held it close to her chest. "I had a great time with you too, Fany."