Chapter 1

IOU

"Hey Sunny can I borrow ten dollars?!"


"Kim Taeyeon, really?! You need to get a job. Are you going to just live off mooching me?" Sunny said with her tongue against her cheek, what she does when shes agitated.


"If I could, I would Sunny...now help out your best bud won't you? I need to stock up on jelly!" Taeyeon pouted, but to no avail, since her best friend has known her too long now to be phased. 


Sunny glares at her best friend signaling the latter that she's not going to lend the girl anymore money, knowing the girl's tendencies to spend her life savings on sweets.


Taeyeon huffs and decides to try and find a new target. Scanning her surroundings like a hawk, she squints to find someone she knows or at least looks kind enough to lend her money. Target Locked


"Assaaaa!!" Taeyeon sprints towards her close friend Yuri's lunch table after spotting her from where her and Sunny were sitting, leaving Sunny to shake her head in disapproval.

 


~~~~~~~

 


"Yuri! Hey buddy, long time no talk! How's it going? Sorry to bother you but, I need a tiny, tiny favor!" Taeyeon started her triple combo. Puppy eyes, check. Pout, check. Hands clasped in front of her chest, check. Now who can say no to that, Taeyeon smirked mentally at her own thoughts.


Yuri stared at her friend for a good three minutes processing what the girl had said until she spoke up. "Hey, Taeng! I'm good, what do you need?" Yuri smiled and Taeyeon saw hope.


"Can I pretty please with a cherry on top, borrow ten dollars?!"


"Errrrr, I'm sorry Taeng I'm kind of broke right now...I had a date yesterday and spent all of my bills", Yuri smiled apologetically.


"O-oh...okay. Thanks anyways", Taeyeon was sulking big time but she didn't care to hide it anymore, she was depressed. After earning a bad test grade she just wanted some darn jelly. Why was life so hard?


"Hey Taengoo don't look so down, I feel bad. Oh! Wait my girlfriend and her best friend is coming back now, let me ask them if they have some money for you to borrow", Yuri suggested.


Taeyeon lit up like a christmas tree, practically strangling poor Yuri until she heard someone clearing their voice.


"U-uhmmm. Yuri, who's this?", said a pretty brunette who Taeyeon guessed was Yuri's girlfriend. She'd be an idiot if she couldn't see the possessiveness and jealousy being reflected through the girls eyes.


"Jess, it's Taeyeon, the one who's really good at singing that I told you about!", Yuri quickly defended.


"Ahhh, I see. Hello Taeyeon! I'm Jessica, Yuri's girlfriend. Oh, and this is my bestfriend, Tiffany", the girl named Jessica replied, seeming to have made an 360 degree change in her personality. 


"Hi Jessica, and nice to meet you Tiffany", Taeyeon had replied. Observing the girl who was supposedly "Tiffany", Taeyeon noticed the girl seemed quite, and to be honest she hasn't even had the chance to see her face clearly. The girl had been following Jessica so closely from behind and had kept her head low. She merely nodded at Taeyeon's greeting and didn't even look up from her lap. Yuri's voice took her out of her observations.


"She needs to borrow ten dollars and I'm broke do you mind Jess? Or Tiffany? If you don't mind to help my pal out", Yuri patted Taeyeon's head while the girl was pulling out her triple combo again.


Taeyeon had put on her cutest, pleading look and had turned to look at Jessica since Tiffany was probably not going to lend her money anyways.


"I HAVE TEN DOLLARS!!", Tiffany suddenly screamed scaring everyone at the table. Tiffany had finally lifted her head locking eyes with Taeyeon for the first time.


Wow, she's pretty cute...but weird too. Taeyeon mentally commented.


"I-I mean...I have money that you could borrow, Taeyeon...", Tiffany said while handing her a crisp bill. Which Taeyeon accepted with a grin and a quick bear hug that shocked Tiffany. Woops maybe she's not into people touching her. Taeyeon thought feeling the girl go stiff.


"Thanks Tiffany! I'll pay you back I promise! I'll see you around!", Taeyeon waved at the table before happily skipping her way back to sit with Sunny. 

 


~~~~~~~

 


"Geez Tiff, why couldn't you look at the girl. You practically have dreamt about that moment for months!", Jessica nagged.


"How'd you know she's the girl I've been telling you about...?", Tiffany asked with a quirked brow.


"You were too quiet...you're never quiet. Plus, I'm your best friend!"


"Uhhhh I'm a fool Jess, she probably thinks I'm a weirdo. I wish I was a ten dollar bill."


"What? Tiff...why would you want to be a ten dollar bill?"


While nodding her head in Taeyeon's direction Tiffany explained, "Do you not see where she put the money I gave her? It's in her back pocket, front row seats to her cute little ." Tiffany sighed and put her face down on the lunch table, while Jessica chuckled at the girl's absurdity.


Yuri just listened in on the two girls conversation while grinning to herself finding Tiffany's crush on her friend cute. Oh yes, I am going to have fun with this. Yuri thought while smirking.