One.

Forever Yours

I capered my way around the kitchen, singing my way around. One of my favorite song is on and I immediately started boosting my enegry by dancing to the beat. As I was doing this, I happily poured popcorn in a big bowl. Then I took out the orange soda from the fridge, followed by two glass cups from the cabinet. Carefully as possible as I could, I carried the bowl over my arm, held the two cups on the other, and clenched the giant bag of Lays chips through my teeth. 

Just when I placed all snacks on the coffee table in the living room, my phone rang. I smiled from ear to ear, knowing who it would be, and turned the stereo volume down. I picked up the phone and answered, "Hello?"

"Mira!" His voice flowed through the phone. 

"Xingxing!" I said, almost shouting. I looked at the time on my wall clock and pouted. "When are you coming, dude? The movie is about to start. Get your over here. Now~" Yixing promised to watch the movie, Guardians of the Gaxlay with me on this Friday movie night. But he's taking longer than usual.

Excitment could be heard in his voice as he spoke, "Yeah, about that, Mira. Me and Soyoung are going on a date tonight." Words can't explain how I feel right now. "What?" I whisphered.

He laughed as if this was a joke, I hoped. "Did you hear me, Mira? I said me and Soyoung are going on a date tonight, so I won't be able to watch the movie with you." 

Suddenly it felt like the world came crashing down ontop of me. I should've known. With him and his girlfriend together, there's no way I would ever hang out with Yixing again. Like now.

"Oh, okay." My voice cracked as I spoke. To distract myself from crying, I played with the tip of my shirt. Yixing's frown could be heard in the other ine. "Hey, Mira, are you okay?" I sniffed and wiped my dry tears away. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"You don't sound okay," Because I'm not, I wanted to say but held it in. If Yixing wanted to hang out with his giflfrind, I shouldn't interfer. His happiness is my happiness. That's what a good best friend like me would think. "Listen, we can always plan another movie night together next week, hm?"

Liar, I thought. He said that last week and the week before that, but he declined me and went with his girlfriend. "Okay." I replied, but my response didn't seem to satisfy him. "I'm sorry. Next time, I promise." His sadden voice made me want to cry more. I hate the sad Yixing. It shows how much I can't help him complete his life with happiness. But his promise made me smile. "You better come over next week or else." I joked.

He sighed in relief and laughed afterwards. "Or else what?"

Well then. I don't know what else I would do if that happened. Or else I'll cry to death? Nah~ "Or else..." I rested a finger on my chin as I thought. "Or else?" He teased me. I gasped when I thought of something and grinned evily. "Or else I'll break your legs and you won't have to dance again!" 

He pretended to be hurt. "Oh, no! You wouldn't!"

I laughed. "Oh, yes I would! Just wait and see, loverboy~" Yixing laughed with me. Just then the credits of the movie began to start. I felt pumped that I get to watch this movie but frowned when I will watch it alone. "The movie is starting." I informed him.

"Then go watch it. I don't want to disturb you and your love for movies." He chuckled and I smiled. It's true. I do love movies. It's fun and exciting to watch, plots and settings are epic and breathtakingly amazing, espciacally horror and action movies, those are my favorite.

"And I wouldn't want to disturb you and your finace." I joked and I can tell Yixing's blushing over the other line. I grinned like Cheshire cat at the thought. 

"Will you forever tease me?" He asked.

"A best friend gotta do what a best friend gotta do." I giggled and he chuckled again. 

"I have to go now. Soyoung is waiting." I frowned and looked back at the television. The scene started to play. I had to get off if I wanted to watch it. But watching it alone? Again? I sighed. "Okay."

"Enjoy the movie~"

"Enjoy your date." I tried to sound happy but I just couldn't. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I held the phone in hand and looked at it sadly before placing it back on the table. 

I concealed myself in the thick blanket of mine as I boredly watched the movie. It was another Friday night, another lonely night. Yixing was supposed to come over at my apartment and watched chickflicks and comedy movies with me, it was what we always planned on doing every Friday night since we were kids. But sadly to even think about, he out having fun with his grilfriend.

I don't mind them, honestly. I admire their relationship, squealing every time they were doing something cute together. But it seems that him with his girlfriend is making me feel felt out, like a thrid-wheeler.

The movie seemed to bore me. It's not the same without Yixing. Usually we would laugh and joke about the stupidest things, point out random and funny scenes in the movie.

About half way through the movie, I turned the televison off and took the snacks back to the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and texted someone I know who would be free tonight.

Are you free tonight?  - Mira

Seconds later, I recieved a reply. Yep! Want to come over?  - Luhan

I smiled and texted back. Sure! Be there in ten~  - Mira

I put my phone in my handbag, slipped my shoes on and walked out of the door, heading to Luhan's house.

Luhan is another friend of mine, but not a best friend like Yixing. Me and him hung out more often now that Yixing is taken from Soyoung. I wouldn't say we are best friends, we just started our friendship not long ago, but he is a really good friend. 

Last week, me and him when to the movie theater and watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He knows how much of a fan I am towards them since we watched the movie, so he gave me a little gift of a TMNT shirt. It was cute, I squeezed him in a tight hug and repeatingly thanked him. (A/N: TMNT is really my favorite cartoon, honestly. Just saying :))

"Mira?" I stopped my tracks and looked up at the owner of the voice. My eyes widen. Yixing? "What are you doing here? I thought you were watching the movie."

Yixing looked confused, and if I'm looking correctly, he also looked a bit hurt. Why? I don't know. Soyoung is standing next to him, smiling at me apologically. Why? I don't now either.

I smiled shyly and clapsed my hands together. "I was, but I got bored. So I decided to hang out with Luhan."

Yixing seemed to tense for a second there. Possibly it's my vision. "Oh, so you were going to his house?"

"Yep!" Yixing nodded but said nothing but his eyes spoke something; anger?

"Honey, let's go," said Soyoung, clutching on Yixing's arm. "She's going to Luhan's house, we should leave them be." Yxing looked at me apologically. "Sorry, I have to go."

I couldn't help it anymore. Seeing him being taking away from me actually hurts. A lot. I smiled a sad, small smile and nodded. "Yeah, okay. See you later." I said and walked away.

Why am I'm feeling like this? I shouldn't! I'm happy for Yixing. I'm glad he's happy to have the love of his life with him. Then why do I feel so hurt if I'm happy?

Maybe I'm not happy. Maybe I just pretend that I am so Yixing can be happy and not worry. Maybe. But why? Because Soyoung is taking him away from me? That's childish! Maybe I love Yixing too much that I feel hurt when Soyoung has him? No. Could it be? Maybe it could. I'm starting to think so...

Suddenly Yixing grabbed my wrist and twirled me around for me to face him. His eyes showed saddness. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head and smiled softly. "Nothing is wrong. Don't worry about it."

"Then why are you crying?" Crying? Am I really crying? I completely didn't notice it. "How can you expect me to not worry?"

I looked at Soyoung. She's staring at me sadly, her eyes full of concern. "Mira, are you okay?"

Now, I feel worst. I need to leave before I burst into sobs. I gently took my hand from him and smiled dolefully. "I'm fine. I should go." I ran away, ignoring Yixing's calls. 

Forget Luhan's house, I ran home, and ran to bed. I laid down on my bed, silently crying my eyes on the pillow and slowly drifted into sleep.

The next day, I woke up from a text. I looked at the caller ID. Yixing. Twenty-seven missed calls and twleve missed text messages. I sighed. It's probably the right thing to just forget and ignore his calls and messages. Perhaps I would forget my feelings for him. 

I laughed bitterly. I can't believe I finally figured out that I'm in love with my best friend. How foolish of me. 

All week I have ben ignoring his calls and text messages. I didn't want to. Not only that I want to talk to him, but I hate the fact of me ignoring people. It feels like I detest them when I really don't. I feel bad. What a mess that I got myself into. The next week after that went pretty good. Yixing stopped calling, me and Luhan hooked up more often, and I'm not alone on movie night; Luhan came over. But I can't replace the empty feeling inside of me, though I choose to ignore it and hold a brave smile on my sadden face.

Today I'm on my way to Luhan's house again. I smiled as I hummed to an unknown tune. As I was walking, I heard someone calling my name. I swriled around to see Yixing running up to me. I widen my eyes. Oh, no. I could run away right now, but I'd seem too rude. So I stood my ground, indulgently waiting for him to catch up.

Yixing stopped in front of me and bend down, hands on knees as he tried to catch his breath. I gulped when he stregthen up and looked at me. He smiled, his dimple showing on his right cheek, a feature that I love the most about him.

"Hey, Mira."

"Hey, Yixing." My thoart went dry all of sudden.

He frowned. "What happened to my nickname?"

I looked at him dumbfounded. "Xingxing?" I asked. He smiled and chuckled. "That's the one."

"How you been?" He asked.

Horrible. "Good." I replied as best as I could to sound normal. "You?"

"Same." He answered.

It was silent for a while before I broke it off. "I should get goin -"

"I missed you."

What? 

He took a step closer to me. "I really missed you, Mira, so much."

What?? 

I didn't noticed it but my heart has started beating a race that I have never felt before. So unreal. "What?" I managed to breath out. Yixing smiled and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I missed you these pass two weeks. They were torture. Not seeing you made me crazy." He laughed.

What..?

"But you have Soyoung to keep you company, like all the time." I mumbled the last part, gazing down at my shoes. Yixing tipped my chin up for me to look at him. My heart did flips that I nevr thought it could do, I haven't felt this way for a long time, Yixing is binging back the feeling. His light-chocolate, hazel eyes gazed at mine. 

"Me and Soyoung broke up -"

"WHAT?!" My eyes widen in shock, complete surprise. "Really?" He awkwardly rubbed his neck again and nodded. "But why? You guys were so good together." As much as it hurt to say it, it was true. People compliement them at how good they were, even me.

Yixing shook his head. "It just didn't work out between us."

"How?"

He smiled. "Because I realized how much I have fallen in love with my best friend." Oh, my gosh! He's not talking about me, is he? 

"B-But -" Yixing pressed his lips on my lips, silenting me. My first kiss. It was gentle and soft. Flashbacks attacked my eyes. After every smile and laugh, after every long-night phone call and each text in the morning, Friday movie nights, I closed my eyes and enjoyed this moment. When Yixing pulled away, I was grinning like an idiot. "That was nice."

He laughed, wrapping his arms aound my waist. "It sure was." I pulled apart just a bit and gazed in his eyes. "I love you, too, xingxing. I didn't notice it until two weeks ago."

"I didn't notice it until a week ago." We laughed and I hugged him back. "You're so clueless, xingxing." I felt his lips kissed the top of my head and I smiled happily.

The best type of relationship is one where you're not only in love, but you're each others best friend also.

 

Aww best friends~~ Best relationship to have with someone until you start having feelings for them. Anyway, thank you for reading my scenario! I appreicate the love, guys, thanks! Please check out my other two stories - they're not done just yet, but it's very interesting. THANK YOU~~