one

The Girl He Left Behind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One.

Hyuna should have realized she didn’t have a chance when Sehun didn’t know where she lived.

The day before had been euphoric for her.

Not only had Sehun broken up with Jung Soojung – who he had been dating for months – but he had finally noticed Hyuna. It was in the cafeteria where Hyuna was wearing a summer dress that stopped a few inches down her thigh and wedged boots on.

She felt pretty.

She was sitting with her friends who, like herself, we were members of the cheerleading team. Hyuna saw him the second he walked into the cafeteria. He looked angry, tired and annoyed all at once. His hands were running down his face and he looked over at the table where his friends sat.

They hadn’t noticed Sehun yet and after the rough break up, he wasn’t sure that he wanted to be around them just yet.

So then he looked around the cafeteria.

And his eyes met Hyuna’s.

Hyuna had never been happier when he began to walk towards her. She felt lighter – like she was floating. Her heart was beating a fast rhythm and her palms began to get sweaty from nervousness.

Sehun stopped in front of her table, still staring at Hyuna.

“You want to get out of here?”

That was all he said.

And that was all that Hyuna needed to hear. She glanced around at everyone else and slowly nodded, the corner of her lips curving up into a smile. She stood up from her seat, grabbing her bag and walking over to Sehun.

She didn’t notice Jung Soojung walk into the cafeteria.

She didn’t notice how angry Soojung was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter