Rebound?

Veracious *On Hiatus*

 

 

 

"How are you NOT hungover? You were really drunk, Jongin," Sehun rubs his head, grumbling at the very light headache he had.

"Sehun, you weren't even drunk and you still have a headache? You really are sensitive."
"Just tell me your secret."
Jongin leans back and tosses a leg over the other, shrugging.
"I ate before, remember? I had smoked salmon."
"Is that all?"

"B vitamins and sticking to one type of alcohol."

Sehun scoffs. "That's it?"
"I'm also used to it but I don't think that counts."

Sehun glances up when the bell rings, watching as students fill the classroom; paying close attention when he sees Tao saunter in, not seeming hung over either. He huffs and shakes his head, looking out the window even when the teacher had begun to talk.

"Dude, are you even paying attention?" Jongin whispers and Sehun shrugs. He looks back over at Tao, burning holes in the back of his head. He wonders how long it took Tao to get over him. Did he spend countless nights crying in the shower as well? Did he have that boy to fall back to or did they meet? How did they meet in the first place?

As if reading Sehun's mind, Tao's little boyfriend turns around, looking over at him. He raises a brow, Sehun quickly turning away when he realizes he was staring a bit too hard. He knows the guy is looking at him for a moment before he too looks away and continues to focus. Sehun glances back over, noticing him whisper to Tao beside him.

Panic begins to fill his stomach as Tao turns, staring Sehun dead in the eyes. Tao widens his eyes, his brow narrows, and his nose crinkles; the look is enough to force Sehun's eyes toward his own textbook instead.

He closes his eyes and cringes, trying to push back the sick feeling in his stomach. He brings his hands up to cover his face and begins to tremble.

This shouldn't be happening.

I put this behind me two years ago but why does it hurt as if it had happened yesterday?

Sehun cringes at the familiar pain building up in his chest.

Don't cry in public, don't you cry.

He quickly stands and bows, "Excuse me, sir. I need to be excused."

The teacher at the front turns around and raises a brow. He observes Sehun carefully before just grunting and nodding as he turns back to the board. Jongin narrows his eyes a bit but Sehun just pats his shoulder a bit and quickly makes his way out of the classroom and down the hall. He pushes the bathroom doors open a bit hard, the students inside jumping a bit at the sound. Sehun keeps his head down as he finds a stall and locks himself inside.  He closes his eyes and presses his back against the door.

"Who was that?"
"I don't know. He's part of the new dance club, isn't he?"
"He dances, really?"

"I guess."

Sehun gently sets the toilet seat down and pulls his legs up. He rests his forehead against his knees, hugging his legs. He closes his eyes tight as he listens to the students whisper, even when exiting the bathroom, leaving Sehun alone.

Why did this have to happen? I was getting over it...I was getting over him.

And now he knows I'm here. I would have been completely fine with just-

"Sehun?"

Sehun lifts his head up and stares at the door. He didn't even hear anyone come in.

"Sehun."
Sehun covers his mouth and groans when he recognizes the voice.

"I know you're in here, you always hide in the bathroom when you're scared."

I'm not scared, am I?

"I remember you called me once when you were at school- you got made fun of for your blonde hair. You told me you were hiding in the bathroom."

Sehun sighs and leans his head back, looking up at the white ceiling. he remembers that; the first day he went to school with blonde hair, he got made fun of for it. He remembers crying and calling Tao- like a child.
"You're hiding, even now...have you really not changed?"
Sehun stands up and slams the stall door open, stepping out so that he was a few feet away from Tao.

"What the hell do you know?!"

Tao looks away from the other stalls and finally looks over to him. He crosses his arms and chuckles.

"You've gotten taller."
"That's not the only thing that changed."
"True- you no longer have that shaggy hair."
Sehun's brows furrow a bit, "Are you making fun of me?"
"No, I'm just saying you don't look like a child anymore."
"After these years, this is what you have to say to me?!"

Tao smiles a bit and looks down, nodding. "I suppose people usually say 'it's nice to see you' but you don't look so happy to see me, Sehun."

"What gave it away?"

"Possibly by you running into the bathroom and probably crying."

" you- I wasn't crying."
"Your eyes aren't red, so I guess not."

Silence fills the bathroom, causing Sehun to shift around uncomfortably. One thing that hasn't changes was he still couldn't stand still for too long.

"So that boy is-"
"Baekhyun."
"So he wasn't already in your life."

"Yes."

"Right..."
Sehun switches his weight toward his other leg, another sigh of his discomfort.

"What are you doing here, Sehun?"

Sehun looks up from the floor and glares. He puts his hand on his own chest and lets out a dry laugh.

"W-wait, you're asking ME that question? When you're the one who left for China without any desire to return?!"

"You said you never wanted to go to college!"
"Well, I do! So why the hell are you here?!"

Tao huffs, "Do you really have a right to ask me?"
"I have a right to know.
"Oh, do you now?"
Sehun lets out an exasperated sigh as he begins to walk toward the door.

"Fine, whatever. I don't have time for you-"
"Wait."
Sehun stops in front of the door, turning his ahead a bit to give Tao a side glance.

"I'm here for Baekhyun."
"What?"

Tao leans against the wall, observing Sehun closely as he speaks.

"Baekhyun was having a difficult time studying in China, so I came back here to finish up with him. We'll be moving to Qingdao when we're done."

Sehun shallows a bit and nods. "When did you guys?"
"It started with ."
. Right.

"We were just friends but we had . This was a month after I had left you at the gates."
Sehun closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. he keeps trying to push away the pain that lingers but it's hard to do lately- nearly impossible.

"It's been a year since we've been together."

"I see..."
"I never got over you, Sehun."
Sehun's heart aches at that moment, wanting to beg Tao to accept him back into his life. It didn't even matter if it was love or not, he knows he wanted to be close with Tao now but wouldn't that just hurt worse?

Could he really stand watching Baekhyun and Tao together and just being happy for them?

Maybe he really is immature or  a child...but no, he can't.

"...Well, I got over you a long time ago," Sehun lies and oh, Tao knows it. But this time, he doesn't stop Sehun from walking out. He doesn't look at Tao again, even when Tao rejoins the classroom after him. He doesn't respond when Jongin asks if he's okay.

Because no, Sehun is not okay; he's far from it and is defiantly not  OKAY with admitting it but he does. He doesn't have to though, because Jongin can see it in his eyes. When Sehun gives him that look familiar to when he left the airport, Jongin knows. Even if he was blind or deaf, Jongin would still know and Sehun doesn't even know how. Is he that transparent or is his friend just that good at reading people?

The first one is a bit more likely, in his opinion.

Speaking of which, what IS Baekhyun to Tao? Does he really love him or was he a rebound?

Tao hadn't ever gotten over Sehun, so is it possible?

Sehun used dance to keep his mind of him and in some ways, he did think he had gotten over it. When his name was mentioned by Kyungsoo, he felt nothing.

When his mother asked how they were doing, Sehun would say they broke up and leave it at that.

But now that Tao is here in person, all of that pent up emotion just comes crawling back. Sehun supposed it was always there, just hiding in the back of his mind.

That's probably why he couldn't stand being alone with his thoughts.

There were many things confusing Sehun at this point. But there was one thing bothering him the most...why does it hurt this time more than last?

------------------------------------------

I'm sorry these are a bit short TT 3 TT Tao seems like a jerk right now..but maybe he's just angry! let's give him time.

Sehun: why arent u hungover bruh

Jongin: handsome people dont have them

Sehun: 

Just kidding.

Jongin knows Sehun the best :D