Surprise

Veracious *On Hiatus*

 

 

 

 

Sehun takes pride in the thought that maybe he really has changed and has come a long way since his young, naive days. From his old rainbow hair and obsession with every shiny thing he can find just to be able to stare at himself in them to a more motivated man with the occasional care to look in the mirror. Now, while Sehun doesn't think he's ugly- he also doesn't believe he's gorgeous or anything special. Perhaps it's his smile he dislikes; maybe if he just didn't do it as often...

These thoughts run through his mind as he rearranges the old photo of Jongin and him that had been placed on the wooden desk a few days ago. Well what else was he to do but cringe at old photos while he waits for Jongin?

One of the few things Sehun knows he needs to work on is being able to be alone with his own thoughts. It's not as if he's suicidal or anything like that- he's far from it.

He honestly tries to take Joonmyun's advice to be positive most of the time.  It's generally easy when he has things to do to keep him busy and such- that's why he begun dancing again in the first place. He figured he could use it to keep his mind off the situation at the time but it grew into something more.

Sehun had forgotten what it was really like- standing in front of a mirror with Jongin at his side as they move to whatever beat plays. That's when he really started his development, isn't it? When Jongin dragged Sehun out of bed and onto the practice floor. In many ways, Sehun feels more than grateful to his best friend; so grateful that he used to feel as if he could never be a good friend like Jongin was.

The sound of the door opening pushes away all thoughts and forces Sehun to turn with a smile.
"Finally! I've been starving!"
"I got seasoned chicken this time- the line was too long, so I wanted to get out quickly." Jongin says as he sets the bags on his desk. Sehun shrugs and stands up to stretch.

"Any meat is good meat, my friend." Jongin smirks and Sehun scowls. "Real mature, dancing machine."

"You're the one who took it wrongly."
"That's not the point."
"Yeah, okay."

 Sehun huffs and shakes his head as he pulls out one of the white paper boxes.  It sits back on his chair and sighs, picking at the meat a bit.
"I don't see why we didn't just call delivery, anyways."

"I wanted to explore campus," Jongin responds before biting into his own piece.
"There's a food place here?!"
Jongin just nods, obviously more interested in finishing his food.  He could just blast his friend with questions like what kind of people are attending here or how big is it really? Sehun hasn't got a chance to really explore since they moved in but he'll see enough of it tomorrow, when their classes starts; so he decides to drop it...for now.

It's not like Sehun is nervous, anyways. What's to be nervous about? A complete of hundred strangers running around beside him as he tries to go about his daily life? That's what high school was, wasn't it?

Maybe he's just a little nervous when he walks down the dorm stairs with Jongin and through the halls.  Some people go on their way but most of them seem to stare and that's exactly what Sehun hates.

He knows Jongin is pretty hot but him?

No way.

"Ugh, seriously?" Jongin mumbles under his breath, quiet but loud enough for just Sehun to hear.  It takes him a moment to realize what his friend was talking about but finally sees it. A tall blonde man with his back turned to everyone as he leans over a small boy pressed up against the wall, seeming to share kisses and ridiculous giggles. The boys against the wall turns his head away with a smile, trying to fix his black, messy hair as the blonde instead places kisses on his neck.

"Stop it, peach~"

Sehun isn't sure weather to laugh at Jongin or to gag at the public display fo affection.

He does a bit of both.

Jongin crinkles his nose as the two enters the empty classroom. They pick the seats all the way in the back, rather happy to be the first ones here. and seated together.

"We're early and yet everyone's already crowded up in the halls..." Sehun comments, staring out the window at all the people running around with loud laughter.

"It's like high school," Jongin responds
"Except there's cuter guys," Sehun mumbles and shrugs when Jongin widens his eyes at him. "It's true! As weird as it was, that little one with the dark hair was really cute!"

"So you're going after taken guys, now?"
"No, I'm just saying!"

Jongin wiggles his eyebrows creepily, gently nudging Sehun a bit.

Sehun huffs and props his elbow on the table and resting his cheek in his hands. He sighs and closes his eyes for a moment, hoping to maybe relax a bit before everything actually begun.

"We still have less than an hour,, we can't!"
"Aww, you weren't this shy before."
Wait, that voice.

Opening his eyes, Sehun sits up and stares at the door.

"That's because there wasn't a ton of people watching us."
"I didn't say it'd be done in public."
"Tao!"

Tao.

Tao?

Huang Zi Tao?

There's a familiar knot in his stomach, his chest tights and his fist clenches. He stares with wide eyes as the couple steps through the door, seeming to not notice the two of them in the back.

With his hair pushed back and dyed a lighter blonde, Zitao stands straight, seeming to have grown much taller than before.

Sehun watches as the boy from before steps up beside him and grabs into his arm, seeming to observe the room. When he looks over at Jongin and him, Sehun ducks his head toward the table  accidentally slamming his forehead against the desk. He can feel Jongin jump a bit and knows everyone is watching him now.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jongin whispers and Sehun coughs, peeking at the couple again. To his relief, the two has taken up a few seats away from them. He sits up straight again and shakes his head, trying to keep his eyes away from the back of Tao's head.

"Later."

Jongin opens his mouth a bit but immediately closes it when he hears the strain in his friend's voice.

What the is he doing here and why now?

Just when I was starting to get my life back together...

No, I can't do this; I can't let it all get to me again! So Tao is attending the same college as me with a new boyfriend.

A new boyfriend who is ten times cuter than me in every single way.

No pressure, right?

All those feelings he felt years ago rushing back, it was a bit hard to concentrate.

Or do anything for that matter, especially thinking.

But luckily, Jongin took notes and that was defiantly weird.

----------------------------------------------

I wanted to make the first chapter not too long. It's mainly just to get started. :D

Sehun be hella handsome and manly now. bring on the world~

But here this mother er comes.

With a cute new boyfriend who pretends to hate public displays of affection but is thirsty for is because tao is hot amirite

Sehun was not ready for this

"FML"