The Beginning

Infinity

It's was the inevitable beginning. Everyone knew it would happen. That every day, the sun would rise so Kyungsoo could look at Jongin’s face, so they could stare at each other lovingly in the morning. So Jongin could see Kyungsoo’s little blush when he said that he was beautiful, or that Kyungsoo could see Jongin’s flustered face after they kissed.


 

It was the inevitable beginning.

 

They met in kindergarten under the big oak tree in the playground, because Kyungsoo didn’t like playing with the other kids who were all interested in their new gadgets. He just wanted to watch the clouds roll by on his patch of grass.

 

Apparently, Jongin thought the same.

 

In kindergarten, they watched the clouds roll by on their patch of grass.

 

In kindergarten, Kyungsoo watched the clouds roll on their patch of grass.

 

In kindergarten, Jongin watched the clouds roll on their patch of grass.

 

In kindergarten, the oak tree and the clouds and the grass watched them slowly fall in love.

 

As the world got more obsessed with technology and all things online, Kyungsoo and Jongin became more obsessed with each other. Kyungsoo liked the way Jongin talked, and liked the way he smiled. Jongin liked the way his hyung sparkled under the sunlight, and the way he beamed when a cloud was shaped like a heart.

 

“That’s us, Jongin-ah,” Kyungsoo would say, “that’s us. The cloud up there. That’s us, Jongin.”

 

Then he would flash that million dollar smile, and Jongin would melt.

 

On some days, it would be raining, so they couldn’t go outside to watch the clouds. Instead, they would go into the music room. Kyungsoo would sing and little Jongin would perform the dance he learned for the week.

 

“You’re so good at dancing!” Kyungsoo praises.

 

Jongin scratches the back of his head. “It’s not as good as your voice.”

 

The blush that graced his cheeks was unforgettable.

 

In middle school, all of Jongin’s friends went to the Plex constantly, because the law was that only children twelve and up could enter. They constantly begged for Jongin to tag along, because ‘oh the teleportation game is awesome Nini!, or ‘you’ll love the digital music game they have!”. He declined every single time. Free time was always reserved for Kyungsoo.

 

The same went for Kyungsoo. All of his friends told him to be more normal, because, ‘why do you just want to look at nature all day? Look at all the technology out here!’, or ‘what’s so good about grass and clouds?’

 

Grass and clouds meant Jongin.

 

So, the oak tree and the clouds and the patch of grass were there to see it all. They were there to see Kyungsoo and Jongin progress from likers to lovers, from kids to teenagers.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to say that I love you.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles.

 

“I love you, too.”

 

I love you.

 

I love you.

 

I love you.

 

(times infinity)



A/N: Happy Valentine's Day!