The End

Infinity

It's the inevitable end. Everyone knew it would happen. That one day, the sun would finally collapse, finally run out of fuel to keep burning, finally expand and swallow human existence. It had already taken Mercury and Venus, as news channels blasted it across the country.

It's the inevitable end.

Kyungsoo just wished it hadn't been today. Couldn't the sun have waited a little longer. Couldn't he have been given just one day, one hour, one minute, one second longer? Why did the universe decide today?

He hears shrieks from outside. The heat in his house flares up, his shirt is sticking to his skin, and the jeans he's wearing today were a bad choice.

Another scream. A thud.

It triggers something in his head.

Jongin. He needs to find Jongin. He needs to be with Jongin, spend his last moments with him, be held in his arms before he's burned to ashes, brought back to his roots of stardust, before the tiny dot he called his world is erased from existence, before he's -

Gone.

He slams the door open, the sun acting like a furnance. The outside is a mesh of reflected red, orange, yellow.

Jongin's house is close by, but running in this temperature is exhausting. He can feel the sweat dripping down the sides of his face, the stickiness of the air around him.

He reaches the house and finds Jongin running around frantically, shouting his name. The moment they lock eyes, Jongin sprints over.

"Kyungsoo, oh my god Kyungsoo," he heaves and wraps his arms around the smaller, "you're here you're here you're here." Jongin digs his head into Kyungsoo's hair.

"I love you," Jongin whispers. "I love you so much."

Kyungsoo doesn't get to say it back.

A gust of wind slices through the air, tearing them apart.

"No!!!" Kyungsoo screams, "Jongin! Jongin!"

The warmth is building up around him. He can feel the flames at his skin, scorching his body. The ability to talk leaves him. His eyes are squinted, he needs to see Jongin one last time, he needs to have him engraved in his mind.

Everything is getting harder and it's more difficult to breathe, he's wheezing out short breaths of air, in a struggle to find a glimpse of brown hair, chocolate eyes, tan skin. His heart rate rockets upward.

Kyungsoo.

He can hear him in his head. Jongin, I didn't even get to say -

Shh. It's ok.

Jongin, I -

Shh. Just listen to me.

Ok.

Close your eyes.

Kyungsoo obeys. He can picture Jongin in his mind, bright and bubbly, cheery, laughing. Happy.

Picture the sky. Like when we used to watch it under the tree. Now, count the stars.

But I can't see them, Jongin! I can't see them, can't see you -

Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo. You can see them, because we are them. Still growing, still existing, still burning, still loving.

We are infinity.

Kyungsoo smiles and drifts off, feeling something brush his hand.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

 

 Why does everything I touch turn to angst

 

Y:)