Chapter 19

Wendy's Peter Pan

Since the day Joohyun found out everything, Hayoung and her didn’t talk to me. They don’t even look at my direction. I tried to talk to them but they won’t listen.

 

And I found out that Sehun cheated on Hayoung. I can’t believe that he did that. I witnessed how he loves Hayoung so much. But you can’t really trust men, can you?

 

Right now I’m at the back of the gymnasium. There’s a bench under a tree where we used to stay when we were in high school. This is also the tree where we met Hayoung. We even carved our name inside our heart and an infinity symbol at the bottom. It is here that we promised to be bestfriends forever.

 

That no one and nothing can break our friendship. We never thought that I would be the one to break the promise that we made together.

 

Since Hayoung and Joohyun had been ignoring me I decided to eat her alone. Even though they already know about the secret I kept I still feel guilty about everything I had done.

 

“Son Seunghwan.”

 

I turned around and saw Luhan approaching me.

 

“Hi.”

 

I gave him a small smile.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

I showed him my lunchbox.

 

“Eating lunch. What brought you here?”

 

“I’m looking for you. I haven’t seen you in the canteen lately.”

 

“Yeah. I decided to make my own lunch. I miss making lunch.”

 

During high school the three of us would bring our lunch and we eat here. It was so fun. I wish I could turn back the time.

 

Luhan sat down beside me as I put away my lunchbox. I already finished eating as he came.

 

“Why are you looking for me anyway?”

 

“I know that I’m not in the position to say this but I’ll say this anyway.”

 

Then he stopped talking for a moment and studied my expression.

 

“Don’t you think that it’s such a waste? You’re friendship with Joohyun and Hayoung. Just because of a man. And a player for that matter.”

 

I sighed. I know it’s such a waste but it’s not just because of Ren. I might blame him but deep inside me I know that it’s all my fault. If I hadn’t keep secret to them about our relationship it won’t come down to this. I’m the one who decided to keep it all to myself.

 

I didn’t think about our promise.

 

“Don’t blame yourself. You’re just a person. It’s normal that we make mistakes. What’s important is that we know how to correct them.”

 

“But the problem is I don’t know how? I can’t think of a way that I can make things right.”

 

“You know how. You just don’t want to think about it. You don’t want to risk it. You’re afraid that they might not accept it or that the way that you think will not be effective. But Seunghwan-ah at least you tried. Joohyun and Hayoung might be angry right now but believe me they can’t just throw away the years that you spent together and the memories that you made just because you made a mistake.”

 

“How do you know that they feel that way? Did they tell you that?”

 

He chuckled a bit.

 

“They didn’t tell me anything. I just know it because I’m also a person. You know it also. If one of them had done that to you, what will you feel?”

 

“I don’t know. I can’t think of that way.”

 

“You try. And tell me if you’re ready to forgive them or not. Whatever your decision is I’m sure that it will also be theirs. You didn’t became friends for nothing.”

 

I smiled at him.

 

“Thank you Luhan. Thank you for talking the sense out of me. We’re not even friends and yet you’re helping me.”

 

He laughed and shake his head.

 

“Why?”

 

“All this time I was the only one thinking that we’re friends. So what did you think of me?”

 

“I don’t know either.”

 

I laughed. It’s the first real laugh that I had since that incident with Joohyun.

 

“Poor me. So that was all along a one-sided relationship. Anyway at least now I know.”

 

“Yeah. So can we be friends? This time both of us know that we’re friends.”

 

“Of course friends. Why would I be saying these to you if we’re not friends?”

 

“Seriously though thank you. Honestly I was thinking of giving up. I don’t think that Joohyun and Hayoung would be willing to forgive me for what I have done. But since you talked to me I think there might be a chance.”

 

“Whatever it is that you’re planning to do I’ll support you.”

 

“Thank you, thank you so much.”


Author’s *nonsense* Note:

I don’t know if I’m saying these correctly but theres’s saying that has the idea that friends are golden treasure and that they are so precious more than any jewels in the world. There was a time when I experienced being left hanging by my friends. It was almost a decade ago but I can still remember it clearly. I dwell on the hate for a long time. I was thinking that I couldn’t forgive them for what they have done to me. But later I realized that I had been to harsh and close-minded. We were so young back then and I made mistakes also but I made myself think that I’m the victim.

 

Anyway I think that it is true. Friends are important jewels in your life, not just friends but real friends. You will meet many people come and go in your life but real friends will remain in your heart.

 

And to keep you relationship with your friends healthy you must be yourself. But you must also be sensitive about the other person. It would be too impossible if you’re just thinking about yourself and you’re welfare. A relationship like friendship is a give and take way. Both of you will give so that both of you will take.

 

Last thing, don’t let pride ruin your relationship. If that person means a lot to you then you can’t waste your relationship just because of pride.

 

Now that is a speech.