What do you want for your birthday, hyung?

One Day

Kyungsoo vaguely remembers his dreams. They either deal with acting in front of the camera and messing up or being on stage with the members. Though they are rare, he does remember his dreams that center around Jongin.

The younger member was either hovering around him and smiling, encouraging him to get past his acting mistakes or cuddling next to him. He never told these dreams to Jongin- all Kyungsoo needed was for Jongin to cling to him even more and amp up the fangirls. Kyungsoo also didn’t want to admit that he liked having Jongin on his side for many things involving the group, but he would never tell him.

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo heard the voice in his slumber. He wasn’t fully asleep but not fully awake. He had heard Baekhyun pull Chanyeol from bed earlier so they could go get donuts and coffee for breakfast.

They didn’t have a schedule that day, so they were free to be nuisances elsewhere.

“Hyung, wake up,” It wasn’t Sehun, who was off with Suho and Tao and not gently waking him up. The maknae was known to pounce and tickle his hyungs awake before getting beat away. There was only one owner of the deep voice softly waking him.

“Kyungsoo hyung!” Jongin rocked Kyungsoo’s shoulder until one eye slowly opened. Jongin smiled at his hyung, resting his chin on the edge of the bed.

“Jongin, ask Minseok hyung or Chen to cook breakfast,” Kyungsoo said rolling to his side.

“I already ate,” Jongin voiced still smiling at the sleepy Kyungsoo.

“Then why are you bothering me?” Kyungsoo didn’t have to fully see Jongin’s face to know he was frowning. He rolled back to face Jongin to see the upset look on his face. The dancer had a flare for being upset with someone a whole day if they were mean to him. No one could forget the day he completely ignored Suho’s pleas to clean up until Kyungsoo forced him.

Kyungsoo groaned as he pushed himself up and faced Jongin.

“What is it, Jongin? What can hyung do for you?”

“What do you want for your birthday?” Jongin asked as Kyungsoo snickered at Jongin’s pouting expression.

“Nothing. I don’t want anything.”

“But hyung…” Kyungsoo cupped Jongin’s face in his hands, squishing his face. He could feel Jongin’s cheeks heat in his hands as they grew red in embarrassment.

“I don’t need anything, Jongin. Okay? Just wish me happy birthday and listen to your hyungs.” A knock was barely heard before the door opened to Baekhyun peeking in.

“Yah! Come eat before Lay hyung eats all the donuts,” Kyungsoo slapped Jongin’s cheek lightly getting out of the bed to eat.

Jongin never brought up a gift for Kyungsoo, forgoing asking what his hyung wants, to asking if Kyungsoo would like one of two options.

“A gift certificate to eat or to the movies, hyung?”

“Neither, Jongin.”

“Going to the art museum or to a cafe?”

“Jongin, please.”

After Kyungsoo finally stopped Jongin’s questions, he thought it was the last he would hear about his birthday. Until his birthday.