Final

Unreturned emotions

The faint sound of a cellphone could be heard from her room as she continued to hug her body close and try to ignore everything and everyone. Life was never this bad before meeting her she had thought to herself.


Taeyeon was never the type to be good at hiding her feelings towards another person. Although she might think she was great at it, her actions did indeed speak louder than the few words she ever had the courage to utter. Which is why it had came to a surprise to her when her friends had questioned her about her true feelings for Tiffany. 


Taeyeon had thought that she had hid it so well, everything, every feeling, every bit of pain. 
 

The worst part was that she had blindly listened to her friends advice that night and had confessed, pouring her heart out to the one girl she loved. That moment was such a rush of adrenaline. Butterflies flying in her stomach, while at the same time it had felt like her heart was pounding against her chest wanting to become its own person. Not that her heart already wasn’t its own person…falling head over heels for this girl without her consent.
 

Taeyeon was nervous, so nervous, yet her friends words of encouragement strangely gave her so much confidence. She smiled sadly remembering how she had believed in their theory, that Tiffany may feel the same. 
 

So when the words had finally left after four years of being kept in a vault somewhere deep inside her heart, she had not expected Tiffany to reply with silence.
 

Silence.


Taeyeon had always liked silence, compared to the noisy surroundings she was accustomed to living with, she had always preferred silence. The irony she had thought, the one thing she always prayed for when out and about, was the one thing she hated when she was receiving it from Tiffany.
 

So she left, not forgetting to mutter incoherent apologies at her silent friend, rambling about how she won’t bother the latter anymore and will leave her alone for good.
 

It’s sad really, being Taeyeon’s first heartfelt confession, she wanted it to be successful. She wanted it to be the start of a romance so sweet and full of raw emotions like in those books and movies no matter how corny. She wanted to have a happy ever after with this girl.
 

It has been a week since the night of Taeyeon’s stupid, so stupid, confession. She doesn’t blame her friends for this, nor does she blame Tiffany. In a way she guesses, it’s closure, having loved her for four years and being friend zoned didn’t feel so nice anyways. 
 

Watching her friend go from bad boy to bad boy wasn’t the greatest. Crying herself to sleep when she made a mistake and Tiffany was mad at her didn’t feel good the next day either. 
 

She was tired and after crying and moping alone for the last week she felt like she was ready, ready to leave her heart to do it’s healing now. She was tired of feeling alone, so she grabbed the ringing phone and was going to go meet her friends to get that fresh air and be comforted by the all too familiar noisy atmosphere.
 

It’s funny how she misses their noise now, being surrounded with nothing but her thoughts and silence was now a scary feeling to her.
 

Not everything ends the way we want it to and not every emotion is returned, but Taeyeon strongly agrees that it’s now up to her to start a new beginning.