2 - Love is...

What Is Love?

Sometimes, Jungkook questions if he’s born on the right year because of Jimin. He would suppose he should be born first because of how his hyung asks. It’s not bad, really. It’s adorable and quite endearing but as young as he is, there are more times than one when he’ll ask his hyung, “Hyung, exactly how old are you?”

It doesn’t matter if they’re at home, outside on recordings or photo shoots, or even during their random sneaks at night. Jimin will often pull him by his side and settle his head on Jungkook’s shoulder, or he’ll ruffle the maknae’s hair until he can’t be recognized anymore, or he’ll eat all of the cookies in the plate and leave nothing but crumbs.

Once, they’re going out with Taehyung but the movie already started and Jimin is still nowhere to be found.

“Kookie, I’m going in,” Taehyung says after waiting for ten more minutes in vain.

“Okay,” Jungkook answers. He isn’t mature and it surprises him a lot when people say he is the mature one. It actually takes a lot in him to say okay to Taehyung and let him go inside because he wants to see that movie so much, too. But he thinks of Jimin and he just decides to wait. “I’m going to wait for Jimin-hyung.”

“Okay,” Taehyung agrees as easily and goes inside the theater.

He settles at the nearby café, orders something so he can sit and stares at every passerby, waiting for his hyung. He knows Jimin isn’t usually late so more than irritated that he can’t start the movie, he is worried. He sends a message to Jimin, asking where the latter is, but doesn’t get any response. He is close to dragging Taehyung out of the theater and going back home to see if his hyung is alright.

But Jungkook remains sipping his empty cup which now only contains ice cubes and waits for Jimin.

Finally, halfway through the movie, Jimin arrives panting. He looks a little disappointed when he sees nobody outside the theater but his face lights up instantly when he sees Jungkook walking out of the café towards him.

“What happened, hyung?” Jungkook asks concernedly.

“Let me lean to you in a bit,” Jimin says instead of answering and dramatically leans against Jungkook.

It’s bad enough that they’re outside on their own without their manager or bodyguards and they will probably cause a commotion if their identities are to be discovered. And Jimin leaning on Jungkook like that is really calling for attention but Jungkook can’t be bothered. He actually likes it when his hyungs depend on him like that.

“This is weird, hyung,” Jungkook mutters.

“Hm?”

“We look like a live action of Jack and Rose here,” the maknae chuckles. “Are we a special promotion?”

Jimin suddenly straightens up and hits Jungkook’s back, laughing. He looks behind him at the movie poster of the film they’re supposed to be watching, Titanic. It’s a special screening at one theater he found online. He knows how much Jungkook wants to see that movie in theater and even if they might have watched that for too many times already, it’s worth seeing Jungkook’s smile when he shows him the tickets.

“Are we going inside, hyung?”

“Wait, Kookie!”

Jungkook waits as Jimin grabs something from his pocket. It’s a vintage poster of Titanic, original and signed. He doesn’t know Jimin runs to the shop to get that before coming to the theater to surprise the maknae and even though it’s tiring, when Jimin sees the maknae’s face brighten, he doesn’t do anything but smile to himself and say, “Surprise, Jungkookie.”

2. Love is patient.

 

 

A/N:

Forgive me for any typo/grammar errors.

I am practically obsessed with maknae line. >.<

Cheers, loves! - Elle