Not A Bad Thing

New Year's Resolution

I know people make promises all the time

Then they turn right around and break them

When someone cuts your heart open with a knife and you're bleeding

But I could be that guy to heal it over time

And I won't stop until you believe it

'Cause baby you're worth it

 

- Not A Bad Thing, Justin Timberlake


 

 "Happy New Year!"

As the clock striked 12, the four friends jumped happily as they celebrated the new year. Using the traditional noisemakers used for the celebration, they went around Bomi's house and skipped happily inside making a ruckus hoping that her neighbors don't mind the noise their making as it seems like they're the only ones who are celebrating. This disappointed them a bit because its sad that its only the four of them celebrating but they soon became happy when three boys arrived at her house. It was of course, their boyfriends. Bomi's three friends went up to their loved ones and happily gave them a hug and bid them happy new years. Bomi who was watching on the side can't help but smile and be happy for her friends who finally found the love of their life but part of her was also sad and envious because she doesn't have a boyfriend to spend the new years with.

For Bomi, the past year was filled with hardships and tough times. After a year-long relationship with her ex-boyfriend, Park Chanyeol, she broke up with him because she caught him making out with a girl in a bar and the pictures and messages she saw on his phone added more fuel to the flames in Bomi's heart. She really didn't saw this coming as she thought that everything is going fine between them and she also trusted Chanyeol with all her heart. So, she was completely devastated and heartbroken. At first, she tried to ignore all the signs even though it was very obvious and her friends were completely begging her to break up with him when they found out. But, she didn't let go of their relationship that easily because she loves Chanyeol so much but she doesn't know if he still feels the same way for her.

Finally, she decided to break up with him when he confronted her telling her that he doesn't feel the same way about her anymore and that he already loves someone else. Bomi ended up locking herself up in her room for days because of this and her friends and family were really worried about her because they know that she is emotionally unstable. When she finally decided to get out o her room, she was a complete mess. She had very visible dark circles underneath her eyes and they were swollen as well. Her body had definitely became so much thinner as a result of not eating and she completely passed out the moment she opened the door so they took her to the hospital and luckily, she only suffered dehydration and starvation so she was sent back home just a few days after that because the doctors still had to observe her condition.

But Bomi was back to herself in no time as she decided that Chanyeol was not worth of her tears and that it was a complete waste of time to even try to get him back. But, she became much colder towards guys except her friend's boyfriends which is actually the only guys she talked with. Guys were asking her out and left and right because they knew that she broke up with Chanyeol and she was the kind of girl that was every single guy's ideal type and she was also kind of popular at school but she coldly turned all of them down even her long time crush, Kim Myungsoo, who was the male equivalent of Bomi based on popularity.

Her friends were very shocked of her behavior as in the past, she would kindly date them and give them a chance with her but now, even chocolates and flowers sent to her were requested to be directed to a trash can because she believes that materialistic things doesn't show a man's love for a woman and her heart was already damaged too much to even be in a relationship with someone. Her friends finally understood that the Bomi who used to be kind towards guys was already gone but still they were happy that at least, her cheerful and dorky self came back and that was already enough for them.

The 3 boyfriends bought food for all of them to eat and they chatted happily as they ate the food the boyfriends prepared for them. The girls of course, were touched by their actions and she hopes that if every guy in the world was like them, then there wouldn't be any heartbroken girls anymore just like her. And inside her heart, she still have hopes that there would be a guy there who would love her more than he loves himself and a guy that would take care of her everyday. Her wishful thinking was disrupted when one of them asked a question to her, Eunji's boyfriend, Baekhyun to be exact.

"So what's your new year's resolution, Bomi?" He carefully asked as he grabbed another sushi from the plate, taking slow and little bites as he waited for her answer and soon enough, all did the same as they stopped what they were doing to wait for her answer. Bomi felt 6 pairs of eyes looking on her and honestly, she doesn't know what to answer because she had never thought of this. Finally, after seconds of thinking deep and hard, she finally answered.

"My new year's resolution is....." She sighed heavily then continued, "....is to find a guy that will love me with all his heart." She finally ended what she was about to say and her friend's jaws dropped on the ground and Kyungsoo, who was drinking soda that time choked on himself unfortunately. Her friends didn't expect to hear that answer from her because as long as they knew, Bomi didn't want to be close to any guys and she despised them but you know what they say, new years, new beginnings and that was what she was hopefully trying to do. To open up herself again.

"Wah.... Yoon Bomi!" Chorong exclaimed as she pulled the younger into a tight hug and soon everyone followed which turned it into a big hug. Her friends were proud of her of making that decision because doing that isn't obviously easy and as soon as the guys heard this, they started rambling about finding her a boyfriend and they even asked her what is her ideal type and the other girls couldn't help but shake their heads and laugh because of their behavior.

"Well, my ideal type is a man who will love me more than himself, a man who is older than me, and a man who can be cute, handsome, and manly at the same time." The guys took note of this and immediately started to think of any guys in their school that perfectly fits her description, even suggesting names to her.

"Ilhoon? That guy has been crushing on you for quite some time you know." Joonmyeon informed her but she kindly shook her head. Even Bomi knows that he likes her, he was too obvious for a guy and Bomi doesn't want that plus he's not her ideal type so he was immediately ruled out.Soon, the guys had almost named every single guy in their school wheher they're older than her or not until they came across an unfamilar name.

"Luhan? That new kid." Baekhyun snapped his finger remembering the transfer student from China who came to school last time. To Bomi's ears, the name was obviously foreign and unfamiliar to her and it sure added a litttle bit of mystery to this guy.

"Oh! That guy is so cute!" Eunji blurted out which caused Baekhyun to glare at him but she quickly took it back and wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a peck on his lips. All of them pretended that they're gonna throw up when they saw the couple's overly cute and cheesy interactions with each other and the two just ignored them saying that they're all jealous just because they can't do that.

"Umm... Well anyways, we heard that this guy is single. He fits your ideal types and we think that he's the perfect guy for you." Kyungsoo spoke sincerely and made all the ladies chuckle at his statement. Even if she hadn't met Luhan personally, she hopes that he is just like how her friends describe him and hopefully he will be able to break through Bomi's cold facade towards guys.

Then, they heard a knock on the door and when they looked out the window, they realized that it was snowing hard and when they opened the door, they saw a young man standing in the doorsteps, shivering and seconds later he passed out. It turns out actually that this young man has a very high fever because of how long he has been walking out in the cold. He went to a store to buy something and on his way home, it started snowing really hard that he couldn't even figure out the way home and since Bomi's house is the only one that still had lights, he decided to go there.

'Yoon Bomi! Take care of him please! I just need to get something." Chorong requested her and without even an eye's blink, gladly accepted her offer. She had a bowl full of hot water and a towel beside her. She dipped the towel on the hot water, twisted it to let the water out and rested it on his forehead to help cool down his hot temperature. Even though the heater was already on and he was fully covered with a blanket, he was still shivering. A few minutes later, Chorong came back with the medicine for fever and woke him up.

His eyes slowly fluttered open and he looked around his surroundings. He quickly sat up from his seat and apologized to Chorong and Bomi for whatever may happened but he was forced to go back to his bed. "What happened to me?" The young man asked as he layed back down on his bed again, shivering.

"You knocked on our front door, then seconds later you passed out." Bomi explained to him and he suddenly hit his forehead saying how dumb and sorry he was for creating such a conmotion inside their house this new year but unfortunately he was met by a hardheaded Bomi who forced him to stay in her house for a while until he was finally able to recover.

Now what is your name?" Joonmyeon sat down on Luhan's bed and asked him.

"L-Luhan..." THe boy answered weakly, the sickness obvious in his voice and this new revelation may just turn Bomi's world upside down. Joonmyeon's eyes widened and asked him again and he said yes. And, he also said that he goes to school at Kyeongsando High School which is the same highschool they all go to and theall realized, including Bomi that this was that Luhan they were all talking about.

Baekhyun who watched the whole scene smiled to himself and went up to Eunji and whispered to her. The girl giggled and gave a thumbs up to him as if she's agreeing on something he said then, she passed it on everybody except Bomi and soon, they all agreed to leave because they've already stayed too long and bid Luhan and Bomi goodbyes and told Luhan, "See you at school!" and "Get well soon!"

Bomi was perplexed as of why her friends are leaving already. thought that they're still gonna watch a movie then it hit her. She remembered what Kyungsoo said to her and she cursed at them mentally especially Baekhyun, who she believed plannaed everything with them leaving and all. Of course, they would leave me. They set me up with him.

Bomi sighed and looked at the boy sleeping peacefully. She rested the back of her palm to his forehead and luckily, his temperature is going down because of the medicine Chorong gave him earlier. So, she placed the bowl with the towel on the floor and decided to watch the boy for awhile slowly, she felt her eyelids drooping down and before she knew it, she was laying down with Luhan on the bed and decided to take a nap because it's already 3 in the morning.

A few hours later.......

Her eyes slowly fluttered open to the sight of the boy sleeping beside her. She rubbed her eyes before remembering that it was Luhan. She needs to get used to him for a few days. And as always, he looked peaceful than ever when he was sleeping. Bomi carefully made her way out of the bedrooom, making sure that Luhan won't wake up. She went straight to the bathroom and tied her hair into a bun before brushing her teeth.

After that, she went to the kitchen to cook some breakfast for the both of them since she knows how hungry the boy will be when he wakes up. But first, she grabbed her iPod to play the latest songs as she cooked and then about 15 minutes later, she was greeted by a husky voice coming from a man.

"Good morning." He said, Bomi slowly turned around and saw Luhan standing in front of her in messy bed hair. She seriously had the urge to fix his hair but she knew their relationship isn't that close yet and wait what? She wants to fix his hair?! There must be something wrong with Bomi today.

"Oh good morning, Luhan-ssi?" She bowed politely and Luhan chuckled. She was confused at why is he laughing and suddenly is laugh seems to be addicting to her. Like the kind of laugh she wants to hear everyday.

"Don't be so formal with me, ok? Just call me Luhan or Lulu." He flashed a big grin before walking up to her and ruffling her hair. Bomi could feel her cheeks heating up and turned around saying that she's cooking as an excuse.

"So, how are you doing? Shouldn't you be in your bed, still?" She asked, her eyes still focused on the kimchi fried rice she was making as Luhan wandered around her kitchen. Suddenly, he heard the song changing on her iPod to "NoNoNo" and she saw Luhan skimming throughher songs.

"I didn't know you liked APINK." Luhan laughed brightly before placing the iPod back to its place before asking Bomi another question.

"Is there anyway, I can help you?" He offered but the girl gladly shook her head as she knew the boy is still sick based on his face and told him to go in her living room for awhile and watch TV or do anything he wants. After Luhan left, Bomi sighed heavily. She doesn't know why her hear is softening whenever she's around this boy. It's like she can't get mad at him because of that kind personality he has. But, you know what they say don't judge a book by its cover so she decided to observe Luhan more to know about his personality.

When she was done cooking, she found Luhan sitting down on the couch watching a drama. "Luhan, the breakfast is ready!" She cleared before saying and Luhan turned his attention to her and quickly nodded his head before following her to the kitchen. The scent of fresh kimchi and good breakfast can be smelled and what he saw on the table was two bowls of ramen. One for him and one for Bomi, obviously and the fried rice she was making earlier in the side.

"What drinks do you want, coffee, juice, hot chocolate?" She asked as she opened her refrigerator and grabbed the orange juice for herself before turning her attention back to Luhan who was already eating ramen. She can't help but burst in laughter as she saw how stuffed his mouth was when he ate and Luhan looked at her clueless.

"Do you really eat like to eat that way?" Bomi said as she pointed to his mouth and he shaked his head before laughing along.

"No, I'm just really hungry and I'm having what you're having!" Luhan shrugged lightly as he continued eating his ramen. Bomi grabbed two cups of orange juice, placing one on his table before she, herself started eating. She felt a pair of eyes looking at her and she was right as Luhan rested his chin on his palm against the table as he watched her eat.

"What?" She said barely audible with all the food in and Luhan'lips curled into a gentle smile while looking at the girl.

"Nothing, you just look so cute when you're eating." Luhan complimented as Bomi felt her face growing redder and redder. Her heartbeats were rapidly fast and soon she was fiddling with her fingers. It's been a long time since a guy said that to her. Even her ex, Chanyeol doesn't compliment her much which might explain why she's blushing so much right now.

"A-Ani~ I'm not cute..." She lowered his head down as she continued eating her ramen and soon, an awkward silence engulfed both of them until Luhan broke the barrier saying how cute she really was when eating and Bomi shaking her head furiously. Finally, her heart can't take it anymore as she stood up from the table to grab their bowls and plates to the kitchen sink and when she's about to wash them, Luhan grabbed her hand and told her that washing the dishes is the least he can do as payment for taking care of him but Bomi knew he was still sick but he persisted. Soon, he passed out again after washing the dishes and now Bomi forced him to stay in the bedroom until he can finally recover.

Days passed and Bomi would receive calls everyday from her friends asking how Luhan is doing and the relationship between them is getting better. For the first time in a few months, a guy has finally able to make her laugh with his funny jokes and he was also interesting to talk to. Definitely, Bomi was finally able to open up her heart again and that's because Luhan broke through her cold facade and she may be one of her newest friends this new year.

After Luhan was finally able to recover and left her house, she missed his presence, the voice of his laughter, how they wuld fix each other'shair everyday and all in all, she was totally missing Luhan and she can't wait for school to start again


It was finally school day again, the day Bomi has been waiting for. After taking one more good look of herself in front of the mirror, she went out of the house and started walking her way to school when a guy suddenly bumped into him. Her books fell down to the ground but fortunately, the guy was kind enough to help her and when she looked up to see the face of the guy, it was Luhan. They both chuckled at this sudden encounter and since they're both walking by themselves, they decided to walk to school together.

"So, how hve you been doing, Bomi?" Luhan asked as he walked beside the girl in the sidewalk. Like Bomi, Luhan has surely missed her presence and even in his own house, he would think of hoe's she's doing and what she's doing but unfortunately, he doesn't have her number so he hopes that he can ask for her number someday.

"I've been doing fine, but I'm missing you, you know? And I can't even call you because I don't have your number so please give it to me?" Bomi pleaded by doing aegyo and puppy eyes knowing that it's Luhan's weakness and of course Luhan gladly gave her his number as they continued to walk.

"Here, now you can call me anytime, anywhere!" Luhan said as he texted Bomi before putting his phone back in his pockets. They did some catching up to each other on the way to school and they would tell each other any funny or new experiences they've had this past week without each other. And again, Bomi had a good time with Luhan. She always had a good time with Luhan ver since that incident on New Year's Day and hopefully this will continue.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Luhan suddenly asked out of the blue and all of the memories of the past replayed in Bomi's mind before lowering down her head, shakng it.

"Did something happened?" Luhan noticed her behavior and looked at her sincerely. Bomi was thinking wheher she should tell what happened or not and in the end she decided to since Luhan is one of her friends and he can be trusted.

"Well yeah.... You see, ever since 2 years ago I was in a relationship with my ex-boyfriend Chanyeol. We were the best couple out there you know... We loved each other so much more than anyone could imagine until I realized that our relationship is starting to fall down..." tears were already slowly dripping down from Bomi's eyes. ".....and one time I caught him making out with a girl in the bar and days later i saw this girl's pictures and messages on his phone. I was really heartbroken you know! It was so hard! I loved him so much! How could he have done this to me! He cheated on me!" By this time, Bomi was already crying hard and Luhan pulled her into a warm embrace, patting her back to comfort her.

Luhan cupped her face and looked straight in your eyes, "Look, that Chanyeol guy is stupid for cheating on you, okay? You didn't deserve that. You're a cute and beautiful girl, you deserve a better man than him." He bluntly stated and Bomi's heart was beating fast aagain and her face are heating up. This boy surely knows how to make her feel flustered and she nodded slowly before smiling as Luhan used his thumbs to remove the tears in her eyes.

"So, cheer up okay?" Luhan gave her one more quick hug before pulling away as the girl nodded happily.

"Thanks Luhan, you're such a good friend. I wish every guy in this world is just like you." Bomi sincerely said to Luhan who smiled warmly at her. Now, Bomi can finally confirm that Luhan is definitely a guy she can rely on. And, she was very happy to meet him.

"Anything for you, Bom!" Luhan ruffled her hair as he chuckled brightly the sun reflecting his golden blonde hair which made him look totally handsome and Bomi can't help but stare at him in awe. She didn't knew that Luhan could be this handsome and when he realized that Bomi is looking at him, he gave her a playful wink which again, caused her to blush again. Dang, this boy really knows her weak spots. Was she that obvious? She didn't know but she just scrunched her nose and laugh

When they arrived at the school gate, Bomi saw her friends standing in a circle. They must be waiting for me. And she approached them happily with Luhan and they were very shocked to see them going to school together and her friend Eunji, sent her a oh-youre-going-out-with-him look amd Bomi sent her back a no-were-not look.

"Oh, hi there guys! Why are you walking with Luhan?" Chorong waved at both of them before turning her attention to Luhan who is smiling politely to all of them.

"Well because I bumped into him earlier when I was walking and we decided to walk together!" Bomi smiled brightly in front of her firends before looking at Luhan, who gripped the straps of his backpack. Then they all sent glances to each other obviously shocked with Bomi's behavior. She has been surely changing these past few weeks and her hanging out with a guy is one of the rarest things they saw nowadays but here she is, walking to school with Luhan.

"Okay and how are you doing, Luhan?" Kyungsoo asked after seeing him again since the incident last week.

"I've been doing pretty fine actually, and I'm glad I met this wonderful girl beside me." He said as he pulled Bomi into a tight hug. By now, blushing seems to be a normal thing already as Luhan never fails to make her blush everytime and she doesn't know the reason why. Shocked, not knowing how to react, Bomi hugged him back hoping that her friends don't get the wrong signal but unfortunately they did.

"Hooray for the new couple!" Baekhyun jumped up and down happily and soon her friends started doing the same thing.The two couldn't help but blush at their actions. Luhan never thought that his actions would lead to this and as he turned to look at Bomi, he realized she fell silent and her face was red as a tomato. Cute. He thought.

"Yah! We're not a couple!" Bomi yelled earning looks from other people in the campus. Her friends turned to look at her, confused.

"Then why did Luhan said he met "a wonderful girl" and why did you hug each other?" Baekhyun crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows obviously not believeng whatever Bomi said.

"Well that's because we became friends!' She explained, puffing her chest and pouting

"Oh" Baekhyun was rendered speechless and soon he received a smack from his head.

"Next time, think bacon" She stuck out his tongue at her before she glared playfully at him earning laughs from her friends.

And they all went inside the school and went through their classes and luckily, Bomi and Luhan have the same classes so they're pretty much with each other everyday. Luhan sat beside her in every class and she felt some girls glaring at her because of how quick she became close with Luhan but she just shrugged it off and continued to help Luhan with his classes. They definitely became closer to each other and they had fun doing works together. Their friends also realized how quick they're becoming close to each other.

Now, everyday both of them would do the same. Luhan would pick Bomi up from her house and they would walk to school with each other. Then, they would help each other with schoolworks and at lunch they would meet with their other friends and have lunch together. Little did they know how fast their hearts were beating every time they were with each other. The teasing continues everyday mostly lead by the BaekJi couple (Baekhyun and Eunji) and they woulld constantly reject that they're a couple.


Luhan was really struggling with his homework so he decided to text Bomi:

"Bomi~ Can I go to your house? I really need help with my homework, thanks!^^"

Then, it took no more than a few seconds for Bomi to reply back

"Sure Luhan! I've already finished my homework anyways so no problem!"

Luhan didn't even bother to reply to her message and he asked his parents if he could go to Bomi and without a doubt, they agreed which was really weird since they rarely let him go to any other house. With school stuff in both of his hands, Luhan knocked on the door of her house and a few seconds later, she was greeted by Bomi who was wearing an apron.

"Hi Lu! Are you hungry? I made some food so eat first!" Bomi greeted him happily as he entered Bomi's house for the first time. Since her parents are in Paris for vacation, Bomi is alone in her house most of the time and Luhan started to scan around the house again since he mostly stayed in her bedroom last time and he didn't realize how big her house is.

"Wow, you're house is big! I didn't even notice that last time" He said as he scanned through some picture frames which shows Bomi's childhood pictures and when he compared it, nothing much changed. She still have those cute cheeks and those beautiful and gorgeous eyes.

"You look so cute here!" Luhan pointed to a picture of Bomi when she was a little kid, puffing her cheeks and she blushed again hearing the compliment. She should really get used to it since Luhan really likes to compliment her so much

"Ahh... That was when I was about 5 year old." She grinned awkwardly as she looked at her own picture. Am I really that cute? She asked herself as she stared at her own picture

"You looked so much like me when you were a kid!" Luhan nodded his head before laughing brightly

"Mwo? Does that mean that you looked like a girl?" Her eyes widened and she tilted her head before letting out a cute chuckle.

"No, pabo I meant that I was just as cute as you!" Luhan ruffled her hair lightly before flashing a wide grin showing his perfect, crystal teeth.

"Pshh. So confident of yourself." Bomi rolled her eyes playfully before leading him into the kitchen. This time, she cooked beef stew mixed with vegetables and he can feel himself drooling because of just how good the smell is.

"Wow.. you can cook this? You never fail to amaze me, Yoon Bomi. Even I can't cook these types of dishes." Luhan nodded his head in amazement as he sat down on the table across Bomi. Of course he can cook, it's just that he can't cook this good.

"Well since I'm by myself most of the time, I had to learn how to cook or I'll just be eating ramen and chips all the time." Bomi shrugged lightly before laughing lightly as she gave Luhan a bowl of beef stew before taking one herself.

"You got a point there. But that's because I have parents that can cook and they won't even let me cook." Luhan pouted slightly as he grabbed a spoon to taste the soup of herself and just like fireworks, a thousand flavors exploded in his tongue as soon as he sipped that soup and he just shaked his head in amazement. The taste of the stew was indescribable. Even her parents can cook this good.

"This taste really good! Probably the best beef stew I've ever had." Luhan raised both of his thumbs and Bomi replied with a pretty eyesmile causing his heart to skip a beat as he continued eating the stew.

"Well save all your compliments because if you're gonna come here, you're gonna taste more of my cooking." Bomi laughed brightly and Luhan laughed along as well as he thought about it. What if I did come here everyday? He chuckled to himself. It has been already a month since he has been going to school Bomi and he hopes that he can taste more of her good cooking.

"And I'm so excited to taste more of your good cooking!" Luhan nodded his head firmly as he rested one of his hand to the table as he kept eating the beef stew happily and when they finished eating, he had 5 bowls of beef stew and Bomi was so proud of herself that her firend Luhan really liked it and of course, she would gladly cook him some more because he's the nicest guy she's ever met.

"Ah.. thank you for the delicious dinner, Bomi!" Luhan complimented her once again as he patted his full tummy and once again recieved her pretty eyesmile as a response.

"You're welcome, Lulu~" She scrunched her nose cutely as she helped Luhan pick up the dishes to the sink and when they were done, they went straight to Bomi's bedroom to help him study. Her bedroom really matched her personality. Everything inside was mostly pink from the walls, pillows to the bedsheets. She must really like pink. He thought.

"Now where do you need help?" Bomi asked as she sat beside him, wearing her glasses she always use everytime she studies and this is the first time Luhan's gonna see it. Luhan really tried hard to restrain himself from calling her cute or beautiful as he might get annoyed at how many times she called her that.

"I need help at my math homework, see." He opened up his calculus book to a page with problems in it and he also grabbed his notebook and pencil. Bomi took the book from him and studied the problems carefully before explaining the steps to him. Soon, she had already helped him with almost 4 pages of calculus and by the end of their study session Luhan could tell that Bomi was trying not to close her eyes so he kept talking to her and then he felt something wet against the sleeve on his shirt and when he turned, he looked at Bomi, who was snoring softly.

"Already sleeping, eh?" He chuckled lowly as he caressed the girl's hair softly, closely looking at her perfectly-chiseled face as he let her sleep there and fixed her head on his shoulder as he mentally high-fived himself for what he had done. Smooth moves, Lu

And as much as he tried staying awake, he fell asleep as well.



"Hmm... so soft..." Bomi mumbled as her eyes opened looking at whatever that soft thing was and what she found was Luhan sleeping soundly and she realized that she must've been sleeping on Luhan's shoulder. She was very embarassed. Omo! Did he saw how I ugly I was when I sleep? Oh no, I drooled on his shoulder, eottokhe?~ She looked at the wall clock and saw that it was 10:30 so she decided to wake Luhan up since his parents might get mad at him because of going home late.

"Hmm...?" Luhan rubbed his eyes and looked at Bomi half-awake then he looked at the clock. It was 10:30 already! He better get home or this might be the last time he's gonna ver visit Bomi's house so he quickly bid her goodbye as he picked up his things.

"See you at school Bomi! Thank you for everything!" He quickly bowed and waved at her before leaving her house. She waved back at him and smiled as she saw his last shadow disappearing before the dark and cold night.

Before he slept, he decided to text Bomi who was already in her bed that time:

"Goodnight Bomi! ^^"

Bomi replied:

"Goodnight too, Luhan oppa!"

Luhan grinned widely as she said "oppa" to him even if its just in text for the first time and that night Luhan slept happily thinking of how cute Bomi was when she was sleeping on his shoulder.


The next day was better for the two and they seemed to be more excited to go to school this time for still unknown reasons. Is it because of what happened the night before? No one knows. As usual, Luhan fetched Bomi from her house again as they started walking to school and an unusual awkward silence engulfed both of them after saying "hi" to each other. What is different this time? It seemed like a normal day but they can both feel their hearts beating faster than it should. What if....- Luhan cut off his thoughts by finally talking to her.

"So did you sleep well?" Luhan asked casually as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Neh, oppa~ I slept really well!" Bomi nodded her head cheerfully and smiled widely. 

"Hmm... I'm glad to hear that!" Luhan nodded his head as well before grinning as another silence engulfed both of them. This has never happened in their months of friendship and both of them are very confused. Neither seems to have the courage to speak and Luhan ended up stealing glances at Bomi's hair which she didn't tie up this time letting it fall naturally over her shoulder, admiring the beauty beside him. Bomi ended up doing the same too as he looked at the boy's smooth golden hair and how much she wanna ruffle it again.

It would take another minutes for them to regain the normal conversations they'd usually had when they go to school everyday and surely the hearts that were beating unusually fast has finally calmed down.... for now. As they both greet their friends at the school gate again, Eunji noticed something.

"Bomi, why do you look so blooming today?" She asked earning nods of approval from her friends and it caused Bomi to blush and lightly shake her head.

"What do you mean by that?" Bomi tilted her head as she flipped her hair to the side and Luhan tried to hold in his wide smile after seeing her beautiful her again.

"I mean there's a different aura around you. It looks like.... you're in love." Eunji said which made Baekhyun hug her tightly for how cheesy she was currently being but her friends can't help but agree. She has been smiling a lot recently and Luhan was definitely the reason behind that. She laughed more and she has been more brightly. Am I in love?

She was really confused with her own feelings but she decided to shrug them off at the time because the school bell rang already. But when they were doing work together, Bomi can't help but Luhan everytime and her heart skips a beat and that's when she only realized something she should've a long time ago: She likes Luhan. She doesn't know how or when but she just did. Maybe its when he laughs or maybe when he tries to eat a bowl of ramen or maybe even when he's sleeping. She just fell in love with him that's it.

But she doesn't want Luhan to know about this because she's scared to ruin their friendship and maybe Luhan doesn't like her back even if he keeps complimenting her that she's cute and beautiful because she doesn't want to assume. She doesn't want to set high expectations but end up empty. She wants to make sure that he also feels the same way. She doesn't know how, but she will.

But she did a bad job of hiding it as her friends that there was something off with her as she barely talked with them at lunch and just siliently ate her food. She just kep stealing glances at Luhan and she thought that no one saw it but unfortunately someone did so when they had break time after lunch, her friends Eunji and Namjoo decided to talk to her about something. They made sure that the boys or Chorong isn't around before asking her this question.

"Me and Eunji have been noticing something this past few days and being the curious girls we are, we wanna ask you something." Namjoo started and Bomi can feel her palms sweating and her feet becoming numb. She knows what her friends are gonna ask her and she slowly nodded her head in response and waited for that question.

"Do you like Luhan?" Eunji said, almost whispering as he walked closer to the girl and Bomi's face suddenly turned red and she looked away and the two girls giggle and squeak like fangirls.

"I knew it! I've been right all this time!" Eunji nodded her head furiously as she smiled widely and Bomi kept silent as her face was getting redder. She didn't know how they knew it because she thought that she did a good of job of hiding it but she guessed she didn't

"H-How'd you guys know?" She blinked her eyes before tilting her head and her friends laughed at her and ruffled her hair. She pouted as she didn't know what was going on until Eunji explained it to her.

"Do you really think that we don't see what you're doing? Like earlier when we were eating lunch, you were very silent and you kept stealing glances at Luhan." Eunji pointed out while nodding her head and Bomi blushed like crazy when she remembered that. Okay, maybe she was being a little obvious that's why her friends found out but she put her fingers on their lips to keep them quiet.

"Don't tell anyone about this yet ok? I don't know if he likes me back that's why.." She warned them before letting out a heavy sigh. This is the first time she's gonna be in love again after the tough breakup with her ex, Chanyeol and this time, she's sure that she really likes Luhan but she doesn't know if he likes her back.

"Don't give up, Bomi! I assure you that he will like you too soon!" Namjoo encouraged her but it only did a little help as she still wasn't convinved that she likes him back so she made a plan.

"How about I take him to a date, is that good?" Bomi looked at her two friends worriedly and both of them immediately agreed to her plan and soon they were already planning what to do on their date and the girl who'll be there was very nervous as she kept jumping around like crazy thinking about their date.

So after school, Bomi decided to carry out the first part of her plan and that is to ask Luhan out for a date. Of course she's not gonna say that. And as they were walking back home as they usually do, Bomi decided to ask that question already after mustering up her courage and clearing . "Luhan, are you free this weekend? Let's hangout you know..." She said shyly as she fiddled with her fingers, looking away from him. And it didn't even take him a second to agree to her plan.

"Sure, I've got nothing do anyways plus its boring in the house. Where are we going by the way?" He curiously asked as the girl's eyes twinkled in excitement.

"That's for me to know, Lulu, All you gotta do is dress up good and I'll take care of the rest!" She gave him her signature eyesmile before nodding her head. She already got the whole day planned inside her head thanks to Eunji and Namjoo who is the main captains of their ship and she can't thank them enough for making this happen. Now, all she gotta do is look beautiful in front of Luhan and may God do the rest!


The day of their date....

For the umpteenth time, Bomi looked at herself in the mirror, trying to reassure herself that she looks beautiful and cute just like what Luhan wants but she still wasn't convinced as she was on the verge of changing her pink, sleeveless dress that stretched all the way to her legs to something better but finally she was convinced that she looks beautiful as she decided to put on light makeup and wear high heels that matches with her dress and when she got out of her house, she saw a limousine parked in front of her house and she curiously walked closer to see who's limousine is that and that's when she only realized that Eunji and Namjoo rented a limousine for the both of them. She really wanted to cry there because of how touched she was that her friends would do this for her but she remembered that she was wearing makeup so she tried not to.

And the guy he saw walking out of the limousine was not the chaffeur Luhan himself, looking good on that black tuxedo matched with blacks pants and also his hair that keeps looking better everyday. Bomi's heart skipped a beat that moment she saw him with that gentle smile of his and for the first time in her life, she felt like a princess and what Luhan said kept replaying on her mind, "A girl as beautiful and cute like you shouldn't be treated like that." reffering to how Chanyeol mistreated her and treated her like she was just a toy he was tired of playing with and just threw away and that's the moment when she knew that she loved Luhan. She needed him.

She shyly bowed at him before entering the limousine and once they were inside, the chaffeur started driving the limo and again there was silence inside and Luhan, who's not used to this started a conversation with her and you know what he said? "You look so beautiful and gorgeous today, princess" Damn, she didn't know how to respond to that. Thank you, Luhan for making this hard to response.

"Thanks, you look so charming and handsome today, prince." She responded. Oh how she loved being called a princess and this boy surely know the right words to say to her to make her heart explode with feelings. That's what she loved about Luhan the most.

"Anyways, where are we going first?" Luhan asked as he moved closer to sit beside her and Bomi was left speechless by his actions from opening the door, to complimenting her and now sitting beside her. What is his true motives? Does he know how much Bomi likes him? Maybe not but whatever the reason is, she is feeling as flustered as ever.

"U-Um... a restaurant." She managed to say after clearing and Luhan's excitement cannot be contained as he started screaming inside the limousine and Bomi had to calm her down because he was being so overdramatic but he just said that he's really excited because it's been a long time since he's been in one of them and Bomi can't help but laugh at his clumsiness and cuteness which is one of the reasons why she fell in love with him.

"And, after that?" He asked trying to dig out more information from her but Bomi just shook his head telling him that it's not gonna be fun when he already knows everything they're gonna do for the rest of the day and she was seriously on the verge of losing it after Luhan showed him his cute puppy eyes and pout but luckily she was able to keep it all in.

"Aish, you just like teasing me, huh?" He chuckled as he ruffled her hair making Bomi scrunch her nose for ruinig her hairstyle that she had prepared overnight. Yes, tat's how much he prepared for this date and she's till in awe that Luhan can still get even more handsome when he's wearing tuxedo and she just can't take her eyes off of him.

"Well because you look cute like that." Bomi said while she ruffled his hair in revenge before Luhan did an aegyo signifying how cute he is and she tried to fight the urge to pinch those cheeks of his when he did that aegyo. Even though she was shocked by what she said, she wasn't surprised because her heart likes to speak for itself.

"But you're cuter than me though. Come here, cutie~" Luhan nodded his head before pulling the girl into a very tight hug and it seemed like he didn't want to let go so Bomi hugged him backand they stayed in that position for minutes after finally breaking the hug. This was still not a motive for Bomi that he likes her as well. Friends hug each other, right? She needed a stronger evidence whether he liked her or not.

And, they both had a good time during the ride talking about things and of course, Luhan with his jokes again that never fails to make Bomi laugh so hard, tears come out of her eyes and she wished that it could be like this everyday. Just the two of them, having fun with each other and a few minutes later they've arrived at the restaurant already and the chaffeur was personally asked by Luhan to let him open the door for her and the chaffeur gladly agreed. Luhan was indeed a gentleman even helping her walk up the steps with her high heels by holding her hands and once they entered the restaurant, a waiter immediately approached them.

"Hi! You must be Mr. Xi right? And I assume that this is your wife so here are the seats reserved for you, ma'am and sir." The waiter said as he led them to their seats and again, helping Bomi sit down on the chair as they looked at the menu. The surprising thing was, neither of them bothered to deny that they're a married couple and just continued like nothing happened and this was surely one of the  motives that maybe, just maybe Luhan likes her as well and at the thought of being called Mrs. Xi in the future lingered in her mind and she can't help but smile at the thought of it.

"So, have you found anything you want to eat yet?" He casually asked her as he flipped through the pages of the menu and Bomi was still not finish picking out her orders and Luhan assured her that he's gonna pay for everything she eats. Bomi was very doubtful at first because she doesn't really know how much money he has but through persistence she finally ordered something but she felt guilty so she said that she's gonna have to repay him back. Being the kind guy he is, he kindly rejected the offer and said, "For you, it's worth it." Bam, just like a line that came out of a romantic movie. Instead of always hiding her blush, she smiled awkwardly to his remark and showed her tinted pink cheeks.

Another motive. She thought and that was enough for her to think that he likes her as well but she's not gonna be really contented until he confesses to her and that is, if he really likes her as well and Bomi is still keeping her fingers crossed for that. They talked casually to each other as they waited for their orders to arrive and the Luhan that Bomi knew was very different this time. He was a darling, a gentleman. He didn't make jokes like he usually would instead, he kept himself composed and showed his mature side to Bomi which she found really handsome and cute that he has this side of him as well.

Then the orders finally arrived and Luhan,who was already saying that he was hungry since earlier eyed the steak in front of him like its a prey he needed to catch and Bomi chuckled at the sight of this. She missed this side of Luhan and she knew that he has been trying to restrain himself from doing silly things and making funny jokes since earlier. And she told him to just be himself because he was already perfect just like that so he didn't need to act and everything but Luhan said that being a gentleman is an instinct to him.

They chattered away happily as they ate their lunch inside this fancy restaurant. Not even once in her life she imagined that she'd be able to eat in one of these but thanks to her friends help, she was able to and the best part is, she's with her long-time crush, Luhan and as usual Bomi kept stealing glances at him as they ate and talked but what she didn't notice is that he was doing the same thing as well. So, does Luhan like Bomi? No one knows.

"Wah, that steak was good!" Luhan leaned back on his chair as he patted his stomach in full satisfaction, Bomi can't help but nod her head in his statement because in fact, she ordered the same thing as well because she felt guilty that Luhan had to pay for their dinner but it was definitely worth the pay as it maybe one of the most delicious steaks she has ever tasted in her whole life.

'But seriously, I have to repay you. I'm seriously feeling guilty about this." Bomi pouted softly as he looked at Luhan who was shaking her head and his hair flipped in sync as if he was just filming a commercial. Bomi thought of what would Luhan look like when he color his hair black. Or brown? And little did she know that she has been already staring at the man for too long but fortunately, Luhan didn't mind because he thought that it was adorable of her to stare at him like that and he had this little feeling in his heart that she liked him.

It took Bomi a few more minutes to realize what she has been doing because Luhan didn't interfere with her daydream and she just ended up looking the other way, her face blushing madly as she let out a nervous and awkward chuckle. Shoot! How long have I been staring at him? She mentally facepalmed herself for acting so stupid and dumb in front of Luhan and what Luhan asked next didn't help the situation at all.

"Bomi, do you like me? You have been staring at me for 10 minutes already." He asked straightforwardly as he looked at the girl with a warm smile. Bomi was rendered speechless and she didn't know how to respond to that. Of course, she did! She was just afraid to say so and looking at Luhan's cute and adorable face didn't help with the situation at all.

"H-Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I like you! I-I mean as a friend of course!" She really wanted to slap herself for acting so flustered when saying that. She knew that Luhan is going to start to have suspicions that she really likes her and whatever she was trying to do to make sure that didn't happen was already taken away by the wind the moment she stuttered in front of him and she was indeed right, as his suspicions started to raise.

But being the gentleman he was, he didn't want to ask that question to her because it's gonna be embarassing and he already had some proof at least that she likes him and he tried to fight the urge not to kiss those cute cheeks she has when she was stuttering wait..... he wants to kiss his cheeks. Luhan must be losing his mind today and asking that question already wasn't normal for him as he usually likes to keep those kind of things to himself but there was something inside his heart telling him to ask that question.

"Hmm, are you sure about that?" Luhan asked as a teasing kind of smile slowly formed in his lips. He wanted to see more of the flustered Bomi because he thinks that it's so pretty and adorable and he got what he wanted. He watched closely as Bomi fiddled with her fingers and her face looking like a cute tomato. Her heart is seconds away from exploding right out of her chest and she quickly nodded his head in response and after that he let out a childish chuckle as he said, "I'm just kidding!" And she can't help but sigh in relief as she knew that he was joking.

Or was he?

What if he just did that so that he was able to hide his suspicions?

What if he did that because he likes her as well?

Or what if it was just some kind of sick joke?

Only Luhan can fully answer all of those questions and Bomi was so sure that her heart was ready to explode because of Luhan's teasing. She wasn't sure if that was really just teasing or he's starting to have some feelings that Luhan likes her but whatever it is, it wasn't fun as she was literally on the verge of confessing to him that she likes him so much.

Both of them was so focused on their own thoughts until they heard music started playing out of nowhere. Classical music, in fact and all the waiters encouraged them to dance along with other couples at the restaurant as well. When Bomi was about to reject their offer, Luhan stood up and walked up to her, offering his hand. So, he was serious about dancing after all.

"But Luhan, I don't know how to dance." She looked at him worriedly and as usual, her worries all disappeared as he told her, "Don't worry, I got you." And that was enough for her to take his hand and stand up as well. She smiled awkwardly to him, obviously not knowing what to do so she was a bit shocked when he felt Luhan's soft slender hands slowly wrapping around her petite waist. She knew she saw this in movies before. I put my hands here right? Yes, I'm correct! She cheered happily inside luckily knowing where to put her hands at least as her hands slowly made its away around Luhan's neck and she felt herself being pulled closer to him.

How perfect can this be? Just the two of them dancing to this beautiful romantic song being played by a band at the floor just right above them. It was a magical moment for Bomi. She really did feel like a princess and Luhan is the prince. The two didn't talk with each other as they danced and much to Bomi's surprise, Luhan does know how to dance even knowing the footwork with these kind of dances. Bomi was very impressed but of course, that's an understatement becase he never fails to amaze her every single day.

As the song finsihed, all the couples including them finally returned back to their seats and to what they were doing before the dance. As soon as they sat, a waiter approached them with the bill in his hand and Luhan gladly took the bill, placing it on the table as he grabbed his pocket placing his credit card in there. Bomi's jaws literally dropped. She didn't knew that for such a young guy like Luhan, he would already have a credit card already but his parents said that they are doing this because they're teaching him to be independent because they are both very old and when he's only by himself in Korea, he could spend some money for himself.

Bomi felt guilty as she still doesn't know what to repay him. Luhan has already done so much good things for her and at least, she wants to return those kindness. Then when Luhan paid the bill, Bomi stood up from her seat and gently pulled Luhan's hands away from the restaurant signaling that she's done and she's going somewhere. The confused Luhan didn't know what to do so he just let himself be pulled by Bomi outside and when they got outside, they saw that the limousine was waiting for them in front of the restaurant because it's so long, it would crash into other cars if it ever attempted to park so Bomi felt a bit guilty about that.

Bomi who was wearing high heels had a bit of trouble walking down the stairs so the gentleman Luhan offered her to link arms with her and of course, how could she not reject having skinship with the boy she loves so much? And if she walked those stairs down by herself, she would get home with a pretty much swollen heels which she doesn't want to happen as she also started to join dance class recently with Luhan and having those swollen heels will make her grades fall down.

She thought that he would let go of her arms once they were able to walk down the stairs successfully but Luhan offered Bomi to walk her all the way to the limousine as she wasn't obviously used to wearing those killer high heels that her friend, Eunji suggested, who already got used to them because her boyfriend, Baekhyun likes to treat her out to these fancy restaurants and she had to dress nicely everytime. Bomi smiled happily at the thought of that. When will she able to hug Luhan not just as a friend but as a boyfriend? When will she be able to kiss those cute lips he had?

Once they neared the limo, Luhan distanced himself from her just a bit and again, opened the door for hair and even helped her get inside. Yes people, Luhan was this much of a gentleman and every girl would be so luck to have him and one of those hopeful girls is Bomi. As she entered inside, she realized that there was a boquet of white roses inside and a card that goes along with it. My favorite. She thought. As usual, she picked out a rose and inhaled the aromatic scent it brought. It was a habit of hers ever since she was a little kid because her father used to own rose farms until he got old and white roses became her favorite. Smiling widely, she put the rose back to the rest of the flowers and read the card that went along with it.

To my cute and adorable friend Bomi:

Hi Bomi! I hope that when you're reading this, that beautiful smile of yours is visible okay? And if you may ask how did I know that you liked white roses, well I had to ask your friends, Eunji and Chorong for that and here it is, your bouquet of white flowers! I hoped you liked them just as much as i did when I was buying them. I think this is starting to become my favorite flower now! Well anyways to the serious part, I would just like to tell you how happy I've been these past month since I met you and I know this is weird and all of a sudden but this past few days, your smile has suddenly become more enchanting to hear. That cute laugh of yours suddenly became music to my ears and whenever i see that pretty face of yours, my heart is starting to beat unexpectedly fast. I don't know how to explain this but, I think I'm falling for you Bomi. And when I said I'm falling, I think I'm starting to like you... no scratch that, I think I'm starting to love you. I know how hard the past year has been for you because you had a bad heartbreak but just like what that Justin Timberlake song said, "But I could be that guy to heal it over time. And I won't stop til you believe it. Cause' baby you're worth it." Sounds greasy, right? Well if you let me be part of your life, I could do a lot more greasy things to you and guess what?  This restaurant date and stuff? Well I already planned all of this beforehand with your friends, Eunji and Namjoo and they told me that they're gonna find a way to tell that to you and it worked! I don't know how they did it but I'm sure I'm gonna thank them a lot after this. So please Bomi, will you give love a second chance?"

With love,

Your handsome and cute friend, Luhan

P.S:

Look in front of you

And she did. And when she looked up, she saw Luhan holding a poster in front of him saying, "Will you be mine?". Tears started to fall uncontrollably from Bomi's eyes, nodding her head as she scooted closer to Luhan and gave him a tight hug. The dream that she had been dreaming for countless nights has finally come true. She didn't know how or why but it did and she's very thankful for that. Never did she expect Luhan to like her because she thought that no one would love a cold, heartbroken lady but Luhan was very persistent all the way and that's what she loved about him more.

"Don't you know how much I waited for this?" Bomi continued to cry but this time, just a bit lighter as Luhan tried to wipe her tears with his thumbs as he cupped her face gently.

"Shh, don't cry baby, I'm here now." Luhan pulled her into an embrace and patted her back before planting a soft kiss on her head. He couldn't be any happier than this. His dreams also finally came true as his longtime crush for her was finally confessed. Even thought it was very nerve-wracking for him, it was totally worth it as he knows that he has Bomi by his side now, through thick and thin.

And after a few more seconds of enjoying each other's embrace, Luhan pulled her away from him a bit and slowly leaned his face closer to hers, his hands cupping her cheeks softly. Bomi's heart was beating so fast she thought it would explode and she knew what was about to happen so, she closed her eyes and after the gap was closed, Luhan pressed his lips gently to hers. The kiss started to become deeper and Bomi tilted her head for better access. She felt her insides melt the moment their lips touched and butterflies crowded her stomach as thousands of emotions bursted from her. She was happy and she didn't need to worry about the future anymore as long as she's with Luhan.

They stayed like that until they both felt that they were so out of breath and they stared at each other lovingly for a few seconds, enjoying the first kiss that they ever hsared together on their first official date.

"Oh by the way, remember when Eunji and Namjoo told me to have a date with you? Well that was also the time when I confessed to them that I liked you." Bomi pecked Luhan's cheeks as she continued to look at him lovingly and he grabbed her hands and gently intertwined it with his and he chuckled softly.

"You were kinda obvious, you know?" Luhan flashed his signature teasing smile to Bomi and he earned a playful hit from her and as always, he just showed his cute laugh which Bomi fell in love with.

"Yah, Xi Luhan!" Bomi's cheeks flushed red as Luhan continued to blabber about all the obvious things she did which made Luhan think that she likes her.

"And also that time when we were eating lunch at the cafeteria, I saw you stealing glances at me and it was so cute you know? And guess what? When you fell asleep on my shoulders when you were studying, you kept mumbling things about me. Wanna hear them?" By this time, Bomi covered both of her eyes and ears, obviously not wanting hear more of those embarassing things she did but the persistent Luhan held her hands and laughed.

"You were like, 'Luhan....... so cute....... so adorable....... so handsome..... I wanna kiss those cheeks!" Luhan even imitated her voice and now Bomi's face already looked like a tomato. She didn't know that her byfriend could be this greasy.

"Okay enough Luhan! I like you okay? No, I love you so much, more than you can ever imagine." Bomi wrapped her arms around his neck before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"I love you more Bomi even if we're in the other universe." Luhan responded by wrapping his arms around her waist and also planted a soft kiss on her lips and Bomi blushed faintly because of that, still  not believing that she has Luhan on her life now after so many weeks of waiting patiently and admiring him closely.

"Lulu, are you crazy?" Bomi tilted her head as she let out a soft laugh and Luhan can't help but adore his girlfriend who can act cute naturally.

"Yup, I'm crazy in love with you." Luhan flashed her a wink and hitted his chest playfully. Now Bomi knows how greasy Luhan can be and she also loved this side of him as well.

And they spent the rest of their first official date with going on a lot of different places such as the Han River, an amusement park, and many more. They truly enjoyed their time with another and they both can't get any happier than this expecially Bomi, who was finally able to completely move on from the tragic events of last year. She never thought that her new year's resolution will really come true as she never believed in those but now thanks to Luhan, she was finally able to.

 

Because sometimes, giving love a second chance is just like trying to rekindle a fire in a snow, the more you try, the harder the snow falls but its only up to you to decide whether you really have the courage to even step out in that snow to try and light it up again. Because in the end, it's totally worth it because at least, when you give love a chance again, you won't have to start from scratch because you already lit up the fire that'll help you along the way.

- Unknown