Chapter 3 "I Deserve Better"

Am I a lovable Girl?

I really didn't know what to do next, if to cry or pick up from the floor my sunkend heart. It really is energy draining, when you are bullyied this way... It was to be expected. Although this could be a sign of initiation or retaliation, I was feeling how the other trainees (and I dare to say other sunbaes) were marking their territory. I somehow felt sorry for them, since their self confidence level may be low, and this garbage ought to be the expression of their fears. I got it. I should not stand out, if I do, don't really want to guess the retaliations they may practice.

In my way to the garbage disposal room (yes, there is such a thing, since extreme fans go that far) I accidently opened a wrong door annd discover an old and small janitor closet. It doesn't seem to have more than 2 meters. It was full of trash and old stuff, just a lot of useless stuff. But it gave me a pretty amazing idea. Since I arrived here, almost no one has come down this far. Actually, different from the cleaning staff, no ones come here. When I tried to see aproximetly how deep it was, I found myself discovering a small door. When I opened it, I saw the answer to my prayes infront of my eyes. It was a small room, but big enough for... my bedroom.

 

          

 

I couldn't be more happy, I just need to save up for a while to make this place livable. So my next step was to look for a part time job to supply my new room.

When I went back upstairs, Bora and Young Ji were nervously looking for me.

-There you are- said Bora

-Are you ok? Why are you smiling?- asked Young Ji.

-I'm fine-

-Well, the witch wants to see you-

-The witch?-

-The CEO-

-What? Why?-

-She might have heard about the incident-

-Did you told her Young Ji?-

-No, of course not!-

-One of the staff probably saw it happening- finally concluded saying Bora.

-I supposed I have to go to her office-

-Don't make her wait!- said Young Ji while I was directing and confusingly going to the CEO office.

 

                                       

There she was, with a horrible serious face.

-Please have a seat- she said. So I did -I need you to be honest with me, ok?-

-Yes President-

-Is there any situation going?-

-I don't understand- I wanted her to be more precise.

-Are you being bother by other trainees?-

-No President, Why do you think that way?-

-It came to my hears that your locker was filled with garbage, is that correct?-

-Yes it was filled with them-

-So, who do you think did that?-

-I don't think anyone did it on pourpose-

-Excuse me?-

-I was told that used to be the garbage locker before I entered as a trainee, they must haave forgotten it had a new owner-

-I see-

-Please don't think wrongly about the other trainees, they just need to ajusted to me-

-Will you come to any of our staff if something "else" happens?- I felt the irony in else, I knew what she meant.

-Do not worry about me-

-If no one has told you before this, let me tell you right now. As different as you are, you're a trainee here at AnA, so you must act accordingly. And you are special, and no one can say otherwise- I cared about those words

-What if I'm not good enough?-

-You wouldn't be here if that was the case. Will you tell me if something happens?-

-Once again, do not worry about me. I'll block their words with my actions- she stared at me for a couple of seconds.

-You may go now-

-Thank you-

-Ah, wait!-

-Yes?-

-We have a meeting with all the trainees in 1 hour, please gather there-

-Yes I will President-

I needed to keep the secret. I wasn't giving them the power to scare me, so I will do my thing... my own way. Bora and Young Ji had gone out with their families until the meeting. I went back to my closeroom as I call it now to move up and clean a bit before sleeping here. When I went up againg to the meeting room, everyone was already waiting. So we went in where the same panel of judges as the audition was waiting for us.

                                                

                                            

Everyone was dead silent, the importance of an anoucement was heavy in the air.

-For the next 3 months we have decided to evaluate you with tasks- begun saying President Shin Hae Yoon.

-Every two weeks you'll have specific assigments that will reflect specific areas that we want to evaluate from our trainees- continue saying Producer Wook.

-You'll decide the teams in each of the assigments and you may mantain them... or not- added President Shin -First assigment: Differences- All trainees started to gossip aroung in a gaze wondering, like me, the real meaning behind the word.

-You have exactly 15 days from now to showcase to us the result you all come up with. Good luck- said Director Kang.

They stood up from their sits and went out the room. The remaining souls, we look at each other with aguish in our faces, luckly for me, being different was my daily bread, a bread that will fead me now.

I put out a side Young Ji and Bora.

-I have a plan- I said strongly. Whispering to their ears, I comunicated them what I thought.

-It's a really good idea!- exclaimed Young Ji in a earing peach.

-Shhh- said Bora -We can't let the others know we have a genius among us-

-I'm not a genius... but we can be together-

-Wait a second...- Young Ji interrupted. -I have a strange feeling-

-Do you?- I asked tentivly -Is it a good one?-

-Ahh Ahh, its a wonderful one-

-What is it? Tell us!- Said Bora impatiently.

-I have the wonderful feeling that we'll debut together-

Bora and I looked fiercly at each other before turning to Young Ji, we knew somehow that she was right... we deserved something better... I deserve better.