Chapter 5

Move On Or Have I?

Chapter 5

Jiyong was constantly around the mother and daughter for following weeks,. He even initiated family outings to spend more time with them and also to prove to Bom that he was serious about getting back with her again.

As for Bom, the close proximity just unsettled her all over again. Can she open her heart to Jiyong again? She was afraid to be hurt again; moreover with Jiyun now, it will be worse for the little girl if they will to break up again eventually.  

Things took a surprise turn one evening when Bom and Jiyong were attending a same function. Dara was busy introducing some of her friends to Bom and one of them was Bom’s close friend, Kim Jaejoong, who she had lost contact with since she left Seoul to study overseas. The Park and Kim were family friends and both Bom and Jaejoong have been playmates since their childhood days. Their parents have assumed that they will get married eventually when they grow up as both of them were compatible. Most importantly, Bom and Jaejong loved the company of each other and were inseparable until Jaejoong has to leave Seoul for his overseas studies. They kept up the contact until it got too busy for Jaejoong to communicate with her daily. And when he graduated, it was Bom’s turn to leave for Paris to further her education on fashion design.

“Bommie? Oh my gosh … you are so beautiful now.” Jaejoong was surprised to meet her here.

“Jaejoong Oppa? What are you doing here?” Bommie immediately went up to him, ignoring the stares that the couple was attracting as they seem to be immersed with each other.

“When are you back? I heard from Aunite Kim that you are very busy in London. She was thinking that you have a secret wife over there since you have not been back for almost 4 years.” Bom pouted when she relayed the conversations she had with his mother when both families met up for the occasional dinner.

“Are you jealous if there is?” He asked with his eyes gazing directly on hers.

“Stop it, Oppa. I will be upset that you did not invite me to your wedding than jealous.” Bom replied with her doe eye look and pouty lips.

“Let’s eat, Oppa. I am hungry and tired from the small talk that I was making to all the guys that Dara has been introducing me to.” She grumbled while pulling him to the buffet table.

“Bommie, you have not changed a bit, haven’t you? Look at how your eyes sparkle with all the glorious food in front of you.” He pulled her into a hug.

“I really miss you, Miss Park Bom.” He whispered softly.

They spent a lingering moment in each other arms before Jaejoong asked her about her baby girl to break the awkward silence between them. Bom was happily catching up with Jaejoong, unaware about the little commotion around them, where people were whispering if the Park and Kim family are finally going to be united with a marriage between them.

Jiyong was gulping down his champagne since he spotted Jaejoong and Bom together. He was almost charging over to them, if he was not stopped by Yongbae, when they were in each other arms a minute too long. 

“Stop staring, Ji. Bom will not notice and neither will it stop Jaejoong from talking to her.” Yongbae told him when he caught Jiyong throwing dagger stares at the couple.

“And, you have no right to stop her from talking to anyone.” Yongbae reminded him.

“I am the father of her daughter.” Jiyong retorted.

“Yes. And so? You are neither her husband nor her boyfriend, may I remind you.” Yongbae continued. He was actually happy to see such a confused expression on his friend cos it meant that he has finally recognized the mistake he had made years ago.

Yongbae remembered how he almost punched his best friend years back when he cheated on Bom and left her pregnant. Not that he was in love with Bom but, he cared for her as a sister cos as they hang around often, he began to see that Bom was actually a beautiful girl who was passionate about life and her work. It broke his heart and when she found her at the door of his apartment the day she got wind about Jiyong’s fling with Kiko.

Jiyong was combusting with anger when Bom and Jaejoong continued their chat, oblivious to other people in the ballroom. Unwilling to be just a by-stander, he walked up to Bom.

“Hi, Bom. How are you? I thought you will not be attending this function since it started so late and am sure, our baby girl will need you by her side, right?” Jiyong reminded her about Jiyun intentionally.

Bom was upset with Jiyong’s comment, insulating that she was neglecting her daughter while enjoying herself at the party. 

“I made sure to put her to bed first before coming out and the baby-sitter is by her side throughout the night till I get home.” Bom told him off angrily before excusing herself to the washroom, leaving him alone with Jaejoong.

“Hi, I presume you are Jiyong?” Jaejoong approached the male and began the introduction, breaking the silence between them.

“Dun mind, Bommie. She can be a bit feisty at times.” He smiled, trying to make excuses for Bom’s behavior.

“I know Bom well enough to understand how she behaves.” Jiyong replied curtly.

“Well, I dun think so; if you doubt that she will ever leave her baby unattended.” Jaejoong continued his defense for Bom.

Jiyong was agitated with the other male who seems to be staking claim on Bom.

“She is the mother of my child. Of course, I know her well.” He emphasized. Jaejoong just smirked at his comment.

Bom was back just in time to stop any further arguments between the 2 males. She ignored Jiyong and spoke to Jaejoong instead.

“Oppa, I have to go already. Let’s catch up before you go back London ok. I will introduce Jiyun to you.” She flashed her crescent eye smile to him.

“I will drive you, Bommie. Getting bored of this function …” He whispered and the two giggled as if sharing some secret among them.

“I will drive her back instead.” Jiyong offered, gaining stares from the two.

“I am fine with Oppa. You should enjoy yourself.” Bommie assured him, declining his offer.

“No, I want to see my baby girl.” He insisted, pulling her along to the exit.

Bom gestured to Jaejoong that she will call him later as Jiyong did not give her any chance to talk further with him.

“What’s wrong with you?” Bom could not stop herself from asking him. “You do know that Jiyun will be sleeping now, right? So why do you need to see her now?” Bom demanded.

Jiyong stopped his car at the side and banged his hand on the steering wheel, venting his frustration.

“I am her dad. Why can’t I see her now? We agreed that I have access to her any time. Just because your dear Oppa appears, I can’t see my baby girl now, is it?” He yelled at Bom.

“You are crazy.” Bom retorted.

“Ohh, Bommie, I am in a perfect right frame of mind.” He smirked.

“Are you happy that your dear Oppa is back and you can get back together with him now?” He continued.

Bom opened the car door and walked off, slamming the door shut to show her frustration and anger. She refused to be drawn in a heated argument with Jiyong over his ridiculous accusation.

“Damn it.” Jiyong yelled. He got off his car and ran up to Bom. “Stop, Bom. It’s late now. You are not thinking of walking home, are you?” He held onto her arm tightly.

“I will rather walk home than listen to all your nonsense.” She pushed him away.

“Isn’t it the truth?” He demanded. “I can see that he loves you and will be more than willing to be the dad to Jiyun.”

“So what if he loves me? So what if he becomes the dad to Jiyun. Oppa is a good guy and he will never hurt me like you did.” Bom jabbed her index finger on his chest, emphasizing her point and frustration to the situation.

Jiyong stared blankly at Bom with her outburst, his brain trying his best to decipher what she has just told him.

“Do you love him?” He asked softly, unsure if he can take the truth.