Chapter 4

Move On Or Have I?

Chapter 4

Since then, Bom tried to minimize contact with Jiyong to avoid any misunderstanding. And it seems to affect him badly. He began to miss her as she always made herself unavailable when he visits Jiyun. And no one has any idea where she is.

As Bom will always be informed beforehand on his visits, it was easy for her to avoid him. She will stay behind at her workplace even though she has completed her work for the day. It was a painful decision for her cos she misses her baby. Frustrated with not seeing Bom for a month, Jiyong stayed behind in her apartment to wait for her return one of the evening.

He has fallen asleep on her couch when Bom returned that night. As it was a chilly night, Bom collected a blanket from her room before covering him with it. She sat down on her coffee table, gazing at Jiyong with many thoughts running through her.  

“Why are you doing this to me? Dun you know, I am trying my best to let you go.” She whispered as tears began gathering in her eyes again. She ran her finger lightly along his nose bridge, which he always complained was his ugliest feature.

Jiyong opened his eyes suddenly and Bom retracted her hands, but not fast enough before he gripped onto them.

“Then dun let me go.” He said as both stared at each other.

Bom pulled her hand out of his, “I think you are not fully awake to know what you have just said.” She got up and was about to walk away before Jiyong pulled her into his arms.

“Dun run away. I know what I am talking about and I think you too, Bom.” Jiyong insisted as he tightens his embrace.

“Why can’t you give me a chance to right all these? Have you stopped loving me?” Jiyong asked as he held her cheeks gently, gazing into her eyes.

“Stop it, Ji. Even if I have stopped loving, it does not mean that I have stopped hurting.” Tears welled in her eyes again as she pushed him away, locking herself in her bedroom.

She could not sleep that night. Past memories kept coming back to her.

It was late morning when Bom woke up with her puffy eyes. Jiyun was happily playing with her nanny and she was glad that Jiyong has left in the wee morning as informed by her housekeeper.

It was only 2 weeks later that Jiyong re-appeared in front of her.

Unlike Bom, who was unsure what to do with the situation, Jiyong has made up his mind to mend their relationship. He flew over to Japan to sort out his relationship with Kiko, asking for an amicable break-up.

It was past midnight when Jiyong reached Seoul and immediately he instructed his driver to drop him at Bom’s apartment. He crept silently into Jiyun’s room and found her sleeping soundly after her feed.

“Sweet dreams, my Baby Girl. Appa will be here with you always. Let’s pray that Omma will be able to forgive me ok.” He whispered as he gently caresses her cheek.

As if she understands what her father is telling her, Jiyun broke into a smile with her eyes closed.

Jiyong fell asleep on the couch while waiting for daybreak to speak to Bom. He was anxious to start anew with her.

Bom was up early as sleep eluded her again, just like the past 2 weeks. She got dressed with a heavy heart; something seems to be bugging her the whole morning and she cannot put her head around it. Mixed emotions followed when she saw Jiyong on the couch – happy that she is finally seeing him, in fact if she will to admit, she misses him greatly; annoyed cos she was worried about him on the other hand.

Putting on an indifference look, Bom proceed to wake him up.

“Ji, wake up.” She tapped his shoulder lightly.

It was only after a few tries that Jiyong woke up grouchily.

“Bommie, can you let me sleep a while more? I was here since I touched down from Tokyo.” Jiyong pleaded with his closed eyes.

The mere mention of Tokyo riled Bom up as that meant she was worried about him for nothing - he was just simply spending his time with Kiko in her homeland.

“Then, you should just go back to your own house to sleep. Does my house look like a hotel to you?” Bom snapped, annoyed at him.

“I dun mean that.” Jiyong fully awake now, surprised with her sudden outburst. “Just that I have not been resting well in Tokyo so I dozed off while waiting for you.” He added.

“Whatever.” Bom scoffed. “I am sure you have overindulged yourself while partying hard in Tokyo with all your friends.” Her sarcastic remark was not missed by Jiyong.

 “Bommie, I was there to look for Kiko to  …”

“I dun want to hear about what you did with her. It’s not my concern anyway.” She shrugged her shoulder, acting nonchalant about it as she walked away.

“Bommie, please …”He grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

“What are you doing?!” Bom irritated with him now.

“Can you just stop and listen to what I have to say for once.” He raised his voice, frustrated with her.

Bom glared at him.

“Dun look at me like that. I dun mean to yell at you but it works.” Jiyong lowered his voice.

“As I was saying, …” Bom plonked herself on the couch, uninterested in what he is going to say.

“I broke up with Kiko.” Jiyong went straight to the point. Bom stared hard at him, trying to make sense of what he is telling her.

“Ji, you dun have to tell me that. It’s your personal matter.” Bom recovered quickly.

“Bom, I want us to be together again. I know I have hurt you badly but please give me a chance to right it. And, I am doing this not just because of Jiyun. I love you, Bom. I always do.” Jiyong held onto her hands.

Bom was gazing into the set of brown eyes that has always captivated her since their first meeting, but, can she find it in her heart to forgive him and forget about the his past infidelity?

“I will not press you for an answer but I will prove to you in time that I will always love you.” He pecked on her forehead, holding her close.

“How’s Jiyun when I was away? Has she been naughty?” Jiyong asked while enjoying the close proximity with Bom. It got her talking non-stop about their daughter’s cute antics.