3.

  / RPING REFLECTIONS. : send in your thoughts.

                     FAKING DEATHS? STOP IT.
It seems like doing this in roleplays is very popular these days. I dealt with an experience like this not so long ago and the fact that people actually do this is so mindblowing.

What  is the main point in doing this? Attention. This people are simply seeking some attention from the members of the roleplay by faking their so called death and making chaos within the roleplay.

Here is the most cliche things you will see and spot when someone is faking a death in roleplays.

- "I'm his/her brother/sister/mom/dad/etc and I came on this account to tell you guys."
- Death by sickness.
- Death by suicide.
- Death by a horribly tragic incident.
- Mentions bullying.
- Mentions self-harm / self-hate / depression


First and foremost, why would a family member come online to this website to tell people about this death? Unless you tell your family or friends or whomever it may be about all your personal infomation online and how you rp, why exactly would they come online to tell us? And why would they waste their time replying to messages online when they should be mourning the death of their loved one?

Secondly, why would you EVER think about using terminal illnesses, cutting, etc for the sake of attention when there may be people within the roleplay dealing with this but they don't go off telling everyone in the roleplay because 1) it's none of their business and 2) these things are TRIGGER topics and should not be something to be proud of.

Seriously, it makes me so nauseous just thinking how sick some roleplayers are. Using death to gain some sympathy from the members of the roleplay. It's not even funny.

Now, I am not saying ALL of them are fake. But a mere 99% of them are seemingly fake. It may seem really harsh, but unless you have solid proof of the death, I won't be able to believe you. I never believe anything anymore. Or maybe it is hard for me to believe. Some people are disgusting and I try not to feed into BS anymore.

In the recent roleplay I was in, the person did this out of revenge because they felt left out in the roleplay and wanted to manipulate the roleplayers for making her feel left out. We found out she faked it because she was active in her other roleplays, personal accounts, etc. And she pretended to be her own mom and gave each member different stories about the fake suicide. It didn't click together and it was blatant bull$%@#. The "mom" claimed to not know how to use the app but changed the default name (to "DEAD"), default picture, status and was messaging members and using the timeline. And when I confronted her, she deactivated. How would the mom that claimed not to know how to use the app know how to deactivate and use the app efficiently?

But if she felt lonely, she could have approached the admins and told them that she felt left out. But whether or not you feel lonely in a roleplay and want some attention, pretending to die is NOT the answer.