1.

  / RPING REFLECTIONS. : send in your thoughts.

                    YOU'RE RUINING AN IDOL???
So first and foremost, my very first topic will be about something all roleplayers deal with on a daily basis. It seems as if roleplayers expect you to roleplay a specific idol a certain way, otherwise, you're "ruining the idol" or "not roleplaying correctly". Now, if you are acting up and completely acting like a idiot as you roleplay the idol, I can see why people will say you are ruining the character for them. But, if you roleplay them the way you see the idol or how you would act if you were that person, I don't see the wrong in it.

Here is how I view roleplaying. The roleplay itself is a play and the members/roleplayers are the actors. The script for the play sets up some traits that we have to follow by already - in roleplaying's case, the traits are whatever the idol is known for ( 4d personality, etc ). But the rest of the actual character is built up by the actor themselves.

And another point to bring up is - do we really know how the idol is? Do we really know their personality so well that we can roleplay them EXACTLY how they would act? No. No matter how much you think you know yout "bias" you really don't. 

You see, idols and all people in general portray themselves in a specific way based on their audience. For example, we don't act the same way we act with our friends with our parents right? Because if we said some things we say to our friends to our parents, we would probably get in trouble. And we don't act the same way we act with our parents with our friends. And we certainly wouldn't act the same way in front ouf a large group. And we definitely don't act the same way we act alone with everyone else right? Right. The same goes with idols. They don't act the same way or say the same things in interviews and such as they would at their dorms. Because it would ruin their rep - thus causing them to get in trouble with media outlets and fans. 

So really, we are getting a set personality that as roleplayers, we are able to manipulate into whatever we feel that person would act, do, or say in the circumstances given to us as we roleplay.

Like I said before, misbehaving, being nasty or a bully is NOT acceptable and is a way to ruin an idol's image. But not everyone that acts a certain way is trying to ruin an idol's image. They are just acting out the character the way they see them.