chapter 4

life goes on

Mir sighed as he walked into his own dark bedroom. GO had fall asleep when he left the older. Not even bothering to turn on the light, he walked to his bed and flopped down heavily.

"Cheolyong-ah..." That small voice took Mir off his guard and the youngest shot up and pulled on the table lamp next to his bed. He came face to face with seemingly distressed Joon.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" Mir asked dumbfounded.

Joon looked straight in Mir's eyes. "Do you hate me too? Like Seungho hyung and Byunghee hyung?" He blurted out.

Mir sighed and sat in a more comfortable position, his back against the headboard. Joon sat with his side facing Mir, his legs dangling off the bed. "Seungho hyung and Byunghee hyung don't hate you, Joon hyung." Mir knew it was the truth. Hatred wasn't something easy to be instilled in such kind hearts like Seungho's and GO's. "They will never hate you. Or Sanghyun hyung. They are just a bit shocked and disappointed. And hurt. But, really, hyung. Why didn't you tell us first before you decide?"

Joon looked away, biting his lips. "I didn't even tell my family." He muttered under his breath.

"That's when you're wrong. You know how Byunghee hyung is. He would think you didn't care." 

"What about you?" Mir cocked his brow. At Mir's silence, Joon turned his gaze to the younger. "Do I hurt you too?"

Mir knew he would be lying if he denied. But he himself didn't know what he was supposed to feel. What was he supposed to feel when the thing he doted on most was shattering before his eyes? MBLAQ meant world to him. He never had any serious dream until he stepped into the world of fame, carrying MBLAQ's name as his anchor. He put MBLAQ first in everything. He even broke off his relationship with his girlfriend for MBLAQ. He rejected far too many offer for his solo career without thinking twice if they would hinder the group activities. And now, it was falling apart. Slipping away from his grasp.

He knew, Joon wasn't to be blame for this. Not even Thunder. But, he is a human too. Blaming someone else was always easier. But, as human, he also has conscience that restrain him from out flat hurting the two members.

"Cheolyong-ah?" Mir looked up and saw how Joon was waiting for his answer. He would have easily said no if Joon and Thunder's withdrawal wouldn't affect the whole group. But the possibilities of total disbandment after two members leave were holding him from denying it.

"I-I don't know, hyung. I don't know." That was the best answer he could give. And he knew, he had hurt his hyung even when he tried not to.