x — lean on me

mocha cafe // 모카 카페 — oneshot request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* lean on me

irene x luhan.

 

"Irene?" Luhan called out as soon as he stepped into her apartment. He needed to make sure she was okay. He could only imagine how heartbroken she was. He had gotten the invitation, too.

"Irene, where are you?" Luhan searched for her around the place and finally stopped in front of her room. He knocked on the door before opening it, revealing a sobbing Irene curled in a ball, her hair sprawled out on her pillow. Her small sniffles echoed in the room, making Luhan's heart grow heavy. Poor Irene.

"Irene, I know it hurts, but you'll get over it," Luhan reassured her as he sat on the edge of her bed, patting her back.

Irene turned to look at her best friend, her eyes puffy and nose red. Trails of tears stained her cheeks.

"My heart hurts so much, Luhan," Irene managed to let out in between hiccups. She came closer to Luhan, resting her head against his chest. Luhan's arms comforted her as he held on tight to her body, rubbing small circles on her back.

"Irene, someday, you'll find a guy who deserves you," Luhan whispered into her ear.

"Really? When?" Irene said into his shirt. 

"Hopefully soon," Luhan told her truthfully. "Hopefully soon."

 

*

 

"I can't go, Luhan," Irene shook her head feverishly. "I just can't."

It's been a week since the announcement of Suho's wedding. Suho, the man of her dreams. Since the time Luhan met Irene, she was in love with Suho. They had been friends with Luhan's help, but their relationship never progressed more than talking in school. Everytime Suho had gotten a girlfriend, Irene would cry to Luhan over the phone saying that it was no use, and Luhan would always have to cheer her up and tell her to keep trying.

But it was all over now.

Suho was getting married.

"Irene, Suho has been your friend for a while. Don't you think it's impolite to not show up to his wedding?" Luhan tried to persuade her. 

"Well, yeah..." Irene sighed, "But it says we have to bring a date. Where am I supposed to find one in such short notice?"

"I'm offended," Luhan put a hand to his chest dramatically. "Of course I can be your date."

"If you want to..." Irene pouted, "But I still really don't want to go."

"Don't worry, I'll be by your side. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, okay, Irene?" Luhan asked tenderly. Irene nodded in agreement.

"Great! Now go find a dress. We have a wedding to attend."

 

*

 

Luhan would never admit it to Irene, but she was the most beautiful woman he ever saw. Even the times when she would wake up and bike to his house, her hair messy and her forehead covered in sweat, she was still breathtaking. He never understood why Suho didn't fall for someone like Irene. Luhan had helped their relationship grow many times, but it never sparked anything. Luhan concluded that Suho must be blind. How could he not love this small, gorgeous, kind-hearted girl that was right in front of him?

"Do I look okay?" Irene asked shyly as she descended down the staircase, fully clad in her navy blue dress. Her brown hair was in curls, framing her beautiful face. She had put on minimum makeup, a small touch of eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss.

"Wow," Luhan was stunned speechless. The dress matched her skin tone and hugged her curves in all the right places. She looked like a goddess.

"Boy, am I glad you are my date," Luhan joked as he extended his hand for Irene to grab onto. He led her to his car and opened the passenger door for her.

"Are you feeling okay?" Luhan asked as he buckled his seatbelt.

"A little woozy, but I'm fine. Let's just get this over with," Irene shot him a small smile as he pulled out of the driveway and headed towards the venue.

 

*

 

The moment Luhan and Irene stepped into the ballroom, they were stunned speechless. It seemed like Suho liked to go all out.

"This must've cost a fortune!" Luhan mumbled under his breath. Irene didn't say anything in reply even though she had heard it. She linked her arms with Luhan and tugged him away to find their seats.

Irene sat down quietly as Luhan patted her hand. Her breath hitched when she saw Suho approaching them. He looked as handsome as ever; his chestnut brown hair was slicked back in a manly hairstyle. He looked charming in his tuxedo.

"Wow," Irene muttered, her heart about to burst out her chest. Here was the guy who she has been crushing on for the past eight years. And here they are now. And he's getting married. She could only let out a disheartened sigh. Luhan glanced at her before telling her to stand up. The two faked bright smiles as Suho greeted them.

"Luhan! Irene," his tone went warm when he said her name. "I'm so glad that you guys could make it."

"We're happy to be here," Luhan commented back, "Congratulations, man."

"Thanks," Suho let out a friendly smile at him. "Irene, I haven't seen you in months. How are you doing?"

"F-fine," Irene squeaked out. Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter