x — dream girl

mocha cafe // 모카 카페 — oneshot request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* dream girl

yuri x luhan.

 

"Luhan, come over here! The water's great!"

The young man named Luhan shifted his gaze from the sunset to his girlfriend, Kwon Yuri. A smile escaped his lips. It was impossible for him to stop smiling in front of her.

Laughing, he ran to her, hugging her back. His arms secured her waist, and he never wanted to let her go. The moment was perfect. The two decided to have a fun day at the beach. The sun was about to set, casting a orange glow on the water. The beach was practically empty except for them two, and the silence let him hear the calming waves of the ocean more clearly.

"Luhan," Yuri whined. "You're hurting me."

He chuckled because she was just too damn cute. He let his arms fall down and turned her around, so he could admire her.

She was gorgeous. Alluring dark brown eyes, slim nose, y plump lips, and a laugh that was heaven to his ears. Kwon Yuri was absolutely perfect in every possible way.

Seeing her pout, he grinned and grabbed her close so her head was leaning against his chest. He wanted her to hear how fast his heart beat was, how she made him feel every time he was with her.

"I love you, Yuri," he whispered to her. She wrapped her arms around him in response and then looked up at him with those beautiful eyes of hers.

"I love you, too, Luhan," her lips curled in a smile. To Luhan, Yuri was breathtaking. He loved her to the point where he doesn't even know how to express it. He never wanted her to leave his side.

Yuri slipped her arms around his neck and tip-toed, so she was eye-level with his lips. Luhan watched as she gracefully closed her eyes and leaned in. He liked that she took the initiative. He shut his eyes and started to lean in as well. Their lips were centimeters away, about to--

"Luhan! Luhan!" His body was shaking, and he heard a familiar voice. Opening his eyes, the person next to him was not Yuri but Xiumin, his best friend.

"Luhan, you gotta stop sleeping in so late," Xiumin scolded him as Luhan sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Why are you here, man?" Luhan stretched his arms as Xiumin opened the blinds in his apartment to let the sunlight flood in.

"Do you not remember what day it is today?"

Luhan shrugged, finally getting off the bed.

"Our job interviews! It starts in forty minutes. Now, go get ready," Xiumin grabbed a nice-looking suit out of Luhan's closet and threw it to him. "I'll be waiting in my car. Go hurry!"

 

*

 

The two best friends entered the company building in twenty minutes. Luhan freshened up, his chestnut brown hair spiked up and his suit perfectly in place. As the two entered the elevator, Xiumin asked, "Why do you smile in your sleep?"

Luhan's ears grew red remembering his almost-kiss with Yuri, "Nothing, I--"

"Still dreaming about some girl?"

Luhan rolled his eyes, "Not just some girl, the girl. She's amazing."

"Luhan, you gotta stop dating that girl in your dreams. It's weird," Xiumin looked over at him worriedly.

Luhan shook his head, "You don't understand, man. She makes me happy."

"Yeah, but--"

"Can't you just be happy for me?"

"Luhan..."

"I love her, and she loves me, too. We're perfect for each other."

Xiumin sighed, "It's great that you're happy, but that girl...she doesn't exist."

 

*

 

When Luhan's turn for the interview came around, he nervously wiped away the sweat on his forehead and tried his best to walk into the room with confidence. He made his way to the seat in the middle of the room. The employers stared at him, scrutinizing every little detail. He silently let out a deep breath.

The interview process began. They asked him typical questions which he thought he answered quite well. Currently, the employers were discussing his results. He hung his head low, trying to not look nervous in front of them. 

"Luhan."

Hearing his voice, he rose his head but became confused when their employers were still discussing. Did he mishear them? Did they even call him his name?

"Luhan."

He heard it again. It was a female voice for sure. It was oddly familiar; he had definitely heard it before. His eyes frantically searched the room, and he let out a gasp when he spotted her in the back of the room.

Yuri.

Luhan abruptly stood up, surprising the interviewers. He was overwhelmed with so many emotions - shock, confusion, and happiness. He felt so relieved to see her. Yuri gave him a "fighting" pose which brought a smile to his lips.

"Is there something wrong, Mr. Lu?" One of the interviewers spoke. Luhan was snapped back to the situation. Job interview. Right.

"Sorry, I saw my girlfriend and just really, really missed her," Luhan rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment as he sat back down again. 

"How long have you been dating?" The female interviewer asked curiously.

"It's been almost a year. I'm planning to propose to her soon," he shyly smiled.

"Aww, how sweet!" 

"I was wondering when this interview would be over. I'd like to talk to her. I haven't seen her in a while."

"Don't y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter