Final

Skinny Love
01. "Well, I guess it wouldn't be /that/ hilarious, but 'hahaha' funny, maybe."
 

 

Namjoo and Sehun's relationship began when Sehun had transferred to Namjoo's school and became the "hot new kid". He was a popular topic among all the students ever since he came. Girls always praised him for his looks, and guys envied him for that exact reason. Namjoo couldn't care less however, for she knew someone so good-looking would never notice her existence. Her theory was soon proved wrong when Sehun decided to approach her, of all people.

"Hey," Sehun spoke.

It was a short, yet simple greeting, but it was just this one word that started their whole friendship.

"Hello," Namjoo replied, flashing a bright smile at him.

Sehun knew a"hello" was a normal reply to a "hey," but he still felt somewhat surprised that the female didn't blush or hyperventilate, considering the fact that that was how all the other girls who he'd talked to did. What was he to say next though? He really wasn't one to start conversations, but he had been recommended to talk to Namjoo by his bestfriend, Chanyeol.

After much thinking he finally knew what to say, "What's up?"

"Nothing much, just... stalking, that's all." She confessed, "And you?"

Stalking--That explained why he had found her hiding behind a wall, lurking in the darkest shadows.

"Funny how you can say 'stalking' so casually," He commented, "I've been great, I guess. Being the college's new hottie is kind of a hassle though."

"It's my favorite pass time." Namjoo rose a brow at him before continuing, "I see... How old are you by the way?" She said no more about the "college hottie" comment, for she refused to feed his ego. She didn't consider him much of a hottie anyway. But his bestfriend Chanyeol? That was another story.

"21, born 12th April, 1994." He replied, "I'm quite young, don't you agree?" Sehun was quite pleased with the fact that Namjoo actually put in the effort of conversing with him. And the fact that she seemed like a pro in holding conversations with people made Sehun think that Namjoo might be at least a year older than he.

"Funny because I'm 20, and I was born April 15th, 1995." Crossing her arms, she broke into a grin, "Quite young, but not quite as young as me." Namjoo seemed smug as she witnessed Sehun's eyes widen in surprise.

He broke into laughter though as he answered, "It would be hilarious if we were born on the same year. 20, ehh? You're a baby then." His eyes began to scan the female's face, trying to find certain characteristics that made her appear younger. Her squishy cheeks were the most obvious.

Shooting a glare at Sehun, Namjoo warned, "Don't call me that, and I guess it would be." Baby. That name. Oh how she despised it. Everyone who she'd ever become friends with called her that. Baby Joo. Baby Namjoo. Ugh.

"Well, I guess it wouldn't be that hilarious, but 'hahaha' funny, maybe." Getting comfortable with Namjoo," Sehun smirked and poked her forehead, "Why can't I call you a baby?" He made her glare at him. Sehun absolutely loved irking people.

"... You're really weird, I hope you know that. I'm the opposite of a baby, that's why." Sehun's explanation on the different types of humor made Namjoo's lips curve up in amusement, and she decided, she might be able to get along with this guy.

---

 

02. "You're such a copy cat."
(Sehun and Namjoo are already close friends during this scene and the oncoming scenes afterward)

 

 

Namjoo and Sehun had been sitting in a bubbletea shop when Sehun had decided to shoot Namjoo a curious question.

"So... You and Chanyeol. Is there someting between you two?" He wondered, sipping at his chocolate bubbletea.

He didn't ask because he was nosy, he asked to clarify things. Apparently Chanyeol liked Namjoo. There was no doubt about it, for whenever Namjoo and Chanyeol were near each other, he would transform into a total sweetheart. The thing was, did Namjoo feel the same?

Choking on one of the tapioca balls, Namjoo smacked her chest. Not bothering to help, Sehun awaited her answer, a look of pure innocence displayed on his face, "Well?"

Regaining her composure, Namjoo swirled her straw in her drink. She wanted to avoid the question, but clearly, Sehun wouldn't even plan on letting her off that easily. "I-I don't know... Why are you asking?" Why did he have to persist asking for her answer? Namjoo was clearly uncomfortable with speaking about the topic.

Sitting back in his chair, he responded,  "You guys act like a couple." They did. They were always touchy-feely with each other, and like what couples usually did, Chanyeol always fed Namjoo things... Because Namjoo loved food, okay-

"Nuh-uh!" She denied, "We like each other, but I don't think we act like a couple, you meanie ." Namjoo on the other hand, did not think her and Chanyeol acted like a couple in any way. To say that was absurd! Well, in her opinion. If anything, she considered her relationship with Chanyeol as close friends. Best friends even.

"Mhm, whatever you say." He said, chuckling lightly in amusement. If Namjoo could see from his point of view, she would surely change her mind. He'd let her think whatever she liked though.

"Meanie ." She repeated with a pout, eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Meanie ." He mocked playfully, earning himself a hit from the girl. He didn't mind being hit though. After becoming friends with Namjoo she had began to hit him more often. It was a bad habit of hers. At least she didn't hit too hard though.

"Don't mock me, aish." She grumbled.

Deciding to return her hit from her previous comment, he responded with, "Don't mock me, aish."

"You're such a copy cat." She whined, lightly rubbing the spot where he had hit her. Ah, Oh Sehun could really be quite a brat sometimes.

"You're the one who's copying me." Sehun said as he stuck his tongue out at her.

"Yah, at this rate, I will seriously beat you up." She threatened.

Sehun only responded with a taunting, "Go ahead." But Namjoo simply ended up ignoring his comment.

---

03. "Did you know you were cute?"

 

"Yah, did you only visit me just for the food?" I thought we were supposed to hang out." Sehun scolded.

Namjoo had come over to his house for "bonding time", but the only thing she had done since she entered was raid his pantry. So far, if anything, Namjoo was bonding with Sehun's snacks. Sehun had a very judgemental look plastered on his face as he watched the food lover stuff continuously. How she wasn't fat-- Sehun did not know.

"I came to hang out, but raiding your pantry just seemed like a much more fun idea." She answered through her chews, pausing in the middle of a phrase several times so she could fit more snacks into her already full mouth.

"It may be fun for you, but it's definitely not for me." He muttered beneath his breath. "I should be the one eating those-- I was the one who bought them anyway."

Stomping over to her, Sehun took a pepero stick box away from Namjoo's grasp and protectively hugged it to his chest, "What do you think you're doing, eating all of my favorite snacks first?"

A look of despair immediately crossed Namjoo's face as she realized she was empty handed. She had wanted to finish the whole box, but it seemed she wouldn't be able to do that now since Sehun confiscated it from her.

"I-I was.... taste-testing them..." She mumbled quietly, "And they were good..." was eager to feast on a pepero stick once more, but Sehun never returned the box to her. She bit her knuckle instead.

"Mhm," Sehun hummed as he put the pepero sticks back into the pantry, "Well I think you've had enough taste to test for one day, young lady."

Honestly, if Namjoo was just going to eat whenever she visited, he would never invite her again. If she were to knock upon his door unexpectedly, he wouldn't answer the door, pretend that he wasn't home. Food was much too expensive, and Sehun did not want Namjoo eating everything.

Turning to look at her, he saw that she had crossed her arms and turned her head away from him, a slight pout on her lips. He swore he heard her mutter "buttface" beneath her breath, but he ignored the insult. He was too busy realizing how cute she was to care.

"... Namjoo... Did you know you were cute?" Sehun asked unconsciously. Cheesy this may sound, but Sehun thought her cuteness was hypnotizing.

"...What?" Namjoo averted her gaze to him. What was he saying now? He always had the most sudden and random questions/outbursts. Weird. Oh Sehun... was very weird.

"I mean-- Your personality, it's cute. You act really cute." He said, trying to save himself from sounding like he was a creep. He couldn't hit on her. She was dating Chanyeol. He felt really stupid, and he so very much desired to punch himself in the face, but if he did so, Namjoo would have probably sent him to the mental hospital or something. Therefore, he punched himself in his mind-- if that was even possible... 

Luckily, Namjoo did not think of Sehun as a creep. Nor did she see the statement as a sign of him showing interest in her. It was simply a mere compliment in her eyes. "I prefer scary," was all she said as she stood up and walked over to him. Lightly flicking his forehead, she added, "Keep that in mind."

Sehun chuckled, reaching out to pinch her cheeks. Those squishy cheeks that made her appear more youthful than he when they had first met. "Sorry, Missy, but I don't think me calling you scary will ever happen."

"Why not?" She seemed offended. Apparently she wanted to be thought of as intimidating, although she was far from it.

"Because it's not true." Dismissing the topic, he let go of her cheeks and patted her head, "Now are you still craving pepero sticks or not?"

"Yup, the craving is still here, actually." She admitted, lightly patting her stomach.

"Then I'd be willing to give you some--" He could not finish his sentence due to the fact that Namjoo had practically thrown herself at him for a hug. Sehun never in his life imagined that giving someone pepero sicks was something to be hugged over, but that was what was happening to him at that moment.

"On one condition though." He added cheekily. A slight smirk crept onto his lips.

Loosening her embrace, Namjoo looked up at him curiously. Her head tilted to the side slightly as she waited for him to continue talking further.

"Pepero kiss game, you and me." He said with a wink.

Namjoo stayed quiet before smacking his arm.

"You're insane."

---

04. "I see it now. Why he's so in love with you."

 

Ever since Sehun realized Namjoo's cuteness the day she came over to hang out, he found himself beginning to like her. His small crush expanded into becoming adoration, and soon after, it turned into what Sehun believed as love. He knew it wasn't right to like her because she was with Chanyeol, but he could not stop his feelings. After all, he didn't get to choose who to fall in love with anyways.

What was it about Chanyeol though, that made Namjoo like him? Sehun knew Chanyeol was a great guy, but hey, Sehun believed he, himself, was a pretty great guy too. Did Chanyeol have something that he lacked? Honestly, Sehun felt a bit jealous.

"Why him?" Sehun suddenly blurted out one day in the midst of hanging out with Namjoo. He noticed that the female seemed a bit startled by his sudden outburst, and he wondered if he had talked a bit too loudly.

"Why who?" Along with furrowed brows was the response Namjoo gave him. She rested her elbow on the table that separated them both, and leaned her head on her fist. She stared at Sehun who sat in front of her, on the opposite side of the table.

"Chanyeol. Why did you choose him? Of all people?" He specified his question. All of his attention was directed toward Namjoo and to what her answer would be. He was really eager to hear about what characteristics made her fall for his bestfriend.

"Because he feeds me." She joked. A teasing smile playing on her lips. When Sehun only stared at her with a blank expression, the smile faltered.

Sehun heaved a sigh and replied rather impatiently, "I'm being serious." And without meaning to, his piercing gaze made Namjoo feel somewhat frightened. Or was it intimidated? Sehun's stern side was awfully foreign for Namjoo to witness.

Namjoo gulped, looking down as she played with her fingers. "Well..." She pressed her lips into a firm line, trying to think of what to say. "He makes me feel safe. He gives me feelings of security as well as butterflies in my stomach.... I don't know." She bit her lip. Was her explanation acceptable?

"Oh." Sehun said quietly. He was hoping for more than just that. He wanted to go into full depth, but if he were to ask that of her, it would be quite suspicious and of course, plain weird.

"What?" Namjoo questioned. His lack of response made her wonder whether or not her answer was good enough. She tried to read him. His expression revealed nothing. It gave no clue as to what he might be thinking.

"It's just... I see it now. Why he's so in love with you." He quietly uttered. Chanyeol, he believed, was a lucky man to have a girl like Namjoo be so in love with him. Staring into Namjoo's clueless gaze, he continued, "You're a dork. The way you act is pure cuteness. You're funny, you're nice, you're weird. You're perfect. Don't you see, Namjoo? Loving you is so irresistible--"

Shaking her head, Namjoo cut him off. "That's not true. You don't know that." She huffed.

"It is true." Sehun argued, frustrated. "And I do know, I do."

'Because like Chanyeol, I fell in love with you because of those reasons too.' Sehun thought.

---

05. "I'm just confused about my feelings."

 

Sehun still didn't get it. Why didn't Namjoo like him yet? Chanyeol was hardly ever there for her anymore because school had gotten to him. Despite that, he and Namjoo were still together. Sehun had been by Namjoo's side since the day they first met, and she still chose to love a guy who didn't have the time for relationships? Ah, how frustrating this situation was.

"Namjoo, why do you like him?" He just had to ask again. Maybe she'd give a new reason.

"Haven't you asked me this before?" She recalled, not bothering to answer the question another time. He'd remember her reasons eventually, and Namjoo didn't really enjoy having to explain herself.

"Have I?" Sehun sighed, allowing his first question to be dismissed. "I'm just confused about my feelings." Very confused. He wished he had no feelings at all to be honest. Emotions were much too complicated, and Sehun felt he wasn't smart enough to make sense out of them.

Namjoo felt a pang in her heart. I'm just confused about my feelings. Honestly, Namjoo had started liking Sehun much more than Chanyeol, but she thought the feeling would pass, so she paid no attention to it. She did love Chanyeol after all, or so she thought. But anyway, hearing what Sehun had just said... Why did her heart hurt so much? Oh Sehun, her dorky friend, had his eye on someone already. Someone who was obviously not her. Or maybe it was, though Namjoo doubted that. Sehun didn't seem like the guy to go after his friend's girlfriend.

Namjoo smiled, snapping out of her thoughts. She attempted to be supportive. "Sehunnie likes someone? That's cute." She said, her statement accompanied with a light pat to his cheeks.

Sehun looked away. His gaze lying upon anything except for her. "...It's not." Namjoo was absolutely wrong. It was anything but cute.

Namjoo's eyes scanned Sehun's face. She was concerned. "Eh? Yeah it is. Why wouldn't it be?" Crushes were always cute, weren't they?

"Nothing." Sehun muttered a bit bitterly as he shrugged. "Forget it." Taking Namjoo's hand off his cheek, he sighed, "Forget I ever said anything."

Having a crush wasn't cute at all. Not even close. Why? Because he had a crush on Namjoo. Namjoo who is taken! Taken by his bestfriend, Chanyeol! She would never return his feelings, and there was nothing cute about that, period!

"Okay..." Namjoo said slowly, "But if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you."

The way she spoke; so gently and softly. Sehun felt bad for brushing her off quite suddenly.

Sehun only nodded at her. He already knew though that he would never turn to her for help. That would be stupid. She was the one who he had confused feelings about in the first place. If he turned to her, Namjoo would basically be giving advice to Sehun about his trouble that was caused by Namjoo, herself.

Sehun ran a hand through his hair. Namjoo was way too oblivious.

---

BONUS:
With Naeun, one of Namjoo's bestfriends.

 

"You idiot, he obviously likes you." Namjoo's friend, Naeun, scolded her.

"How would you know?" Namjoo glared, crossing her arms. She really doubted her Naeun unnie a lot to be honest. Not that she didn't trust her or anything. Namjoo just didn't like getting her hopes up when it came to love.

"All of the stories you're telling me. His actions. You guys seem so intimate with each other. He likes you, it's obvious." Naeun spoke. Namjoo was really blind when it came to people showing their feelings to her.

"I wish." Namjoo sighed, "He probably doesn't though." To have Oh Sehun like her back would be a dream come true. Not all dreams were granted though, and for sure, her dream would be one of those unlucky ones.

For Namjoo, her logic was: Since Sehun was Chanyeol's bestfriend, and her and Chanyeol were dating, Sehun could not like her. Wasn't that a rule in the brocode anyways?

"You're hopeless. One day you're going to regret that you didn't believe me." Naeun said as she shook her head. Clicking her tongue she muttered, "One day, you're going to lose your shot at being with him."


A/N: FInally updated this. Sorry it took so long. I got a bit sidetrack. heh. Hopefully I didn't spoil too much, and hopefully I gave enough of a tease to perk your interest. Just a reminder, this is a sneak peak for a story. The story itself will not be titled "Skinny Love", and I have yet to decide the confirmed title. The story will include a love square involving Chanyeol, Sehun, Namjoo, and Bomi. Sehun and Namjoo are supposed to be the main pairing, but Chanyeol and Bomi will be playing quite an important role too.
I plan on posting a sneak peak like this for ChanJoo as well in order to give you guys a bit of an idea on their relationship, but I'm not sure when (or if) I'll post it.
Anyway, I hope I didn't disappoint you guys too much. I'll be sure to update you guys once the ChanJoo sneak peak and the official story is up. :)))
Feedback please? heh