Alternative Ending

Being Single.

Myungsoo walked home leaving the café closed for the evening, he slowly made his way inside his house before stopping and eyeing a shadow behind a bush. His posture stiffened as his hands started to reach for the keys that were inconveniently attached to a pocket knife.

"Who goes there?" He unraveled the knife and jumped a step forward scaring the stranger who was also shocked at the sudden outburst. The hidden person finally gave in and straightened himself.

Myungsoo dropped his pocket knife and gasped "What do you want?" He asked so sternly. The guy had ash black hair and an awkward smile painted on his face, he fiddled with his fingers and tried to ignore myungsoos watchful eyes, but soon ended up being grabbed the wrist and taken into the his house.

Myungsoo slammed him against the wall and slapped both of his hands either side Sungyeol, he was now trapped in the middle. "Answer me, idiot." Sungyeol gulped and handed him a piece of crumpled up paper.

The latter snatched it from his trembling hands and read it with slow breaths in between.

Dear Myungsoo,

 I want to say sorry for the things that I have done. I know I was cruel and a two-timing bastard... Although, please don't ignore me so much that it hurts, I have no idea why, it just does! So let's become friends again?...Maybe give me a second chance? A second chance into your heart. -Lee Sungyeol

And at that Myungsoo felt a gush of wind hit his face, Sungyeol ran out.

He dropped to the floor and threw the paper onto the ground beside him, his eyes started to fill with tears until he decided to give up and just confess. He never really gotten over his ex, but he was surprised to see that Sungyeol still had feelings for him.

Actually, it was like his fantasy again.

Myungsoo fixed his clothes and rubbed his hair in frustration "I let him go, again!" He grunted loudly and slammed the door shut, he walked towards his bedroom leaving the note deserted on the floor.

The next morning Myungsoo felt like he wanted to just die, not only did he not get enough sleep but Sungyeols letter kept haunting his dreams. So, he did what he just wanted to do.

His way to the café was like a robot moving repeatedly having stride each time. He kept his face blank and unreadable while his hands was clutching the paper note. Myungsoo greeted the manager and glared at who was in at work that day. 

Sungyeol felt eyes staring at him like lasers so he cautiously turned around and spotted Myungsoo with an uncomfortable feeling surrounding him, he tried to ignore it but somehow it kept bothering him that his ex was in a different world.

After all the customers had been and gone, the two males were left alone "Why? Must you tell me now? Not when we were young?" Myungsoo carefully placed his hands onto the counter and guided the towel along the top with grip like a koala bear.

Sungyeol rested his hands against the nearest wall and closed his eyes "I was foolish back then, I didn't know what love meant until...you told me."

"Me? I didn't even spend much time with you considering that you were out with a couple of girls." That hurt like knives, but Sungyeol continued to ignore his hasty comments and carried on.

"Shut up. Listen."

"Hah! Look who's agitated now?"

"SHUT THE UP! Kim Myungsoo if you think you have dealt  with pain then fine. But don't think that I haven't! When you left me I felt guilty as ever, I dumped all the girls I was with and wanted to follow you. As erted as that sounded I wanted to see you every day, so I entered the same job as you and even tried to talk to you... But you just wouldn't understand."

"I love you..." Myungsoo admitted.

"And I just want to say that if we..." Sungyeol stopped midway and looked at Myungsoo who was leaning over the counter with tears rolling down his face, he then continued "...I love you too." He finished before running over to the latter and giving him a comforting hug.

 6 years later

Sungjong smacked the back of his hyung manager and laughed at his face "Sunggyu hyung! What's got you down in the dumps?" Sunggyu turned around and slung his arm around his younger friend "You're leaving for the states, and the others are finding a new start!".

The younger person nodded and smiled ever so cautiously "But, weren't you offered a massive place where you can actually get more customers in the café ? Isn't that your new start?" He suggested eyeing Sunggyus smirking lips. "You're right I shouldn't be looking so upset, it's just that we won't get to see each other much."

They nodded simultaneously but gave each other helpful pats on the backs "Well, let stay in contact hyung!" The two stood in front of the empty café shop and the manger took hold of the sign that said 'For sale' he hung it up and locked the door.

His eyes then turned to the two shadows that were laughing behind them.

"Crying already gramps? It's not your funeral yet." Sungyeol s his arm around Myungsoos waist as the other blushed intently, Sungjong shook his head jokingly and held his suitcase close to his side "Hey lovebirds, heard you two are getting married?"

Myungsoo held up his engagement ring and stuck out his tongue "beat that, Diamond!" The two looked in awe before giving each other warm looks.

"So this is it?" Asked the youngest with beady eyes.

"Yep, time to say goodbye and hello to a new start!" 

"We hope you two stay safe and find someone to love!"

"Hopefully at first sight!" Sungyeol added in before holding his lovers hand and tugging him by his side, he watched as Sungjong weakly waved his hand and strolled off with his suitcase following behind. Sunggyu placed his hands in his pockets and got into his car, he took one last look at the café remembering how he first met his wonderful friends.

The engine revved and he blasted off into the highway.

The lovebirds walked hand in hand towards their new home, asking each other if it was okay to leave the old note tucked under the front carpet where someone can find it and recall the past histories of the shop. Sungyeol laughed and kissed Myungsoos lips as lightly as he could.

Of course it made Myungsoo fill with ease.