2/2

Home Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

 

28th December

 

It’s been two days since Kyuhyun left and I miss him terribly. After he left I realized how empty the house was. Of course we have constantly talked with each other through messages.

I was studying for my upcoming paper when my cell rang signaling the arrival of a text message. I didn’t lose a second in snatching my mobile and smiled when saw who the sender was.

 

From: Kyubear

Hey Min! I miss you. How is your preparation going?

To: Kyubear

Hey Kyu! Preparation not going so well. I miss you more ~-~ where are you?

From: Kyubear

Oh my minbunny^^ If you give good exams then I will give you a gift J. I am in China. Have a couple of meeting to attend before I can go home.

 

I have started calling him kyubear and he calls me minbunny, cute right?

 

To: Kyubear

Really?!? What? Tell me!

From: Kyubear

No, no not yet. I wanna hear the good news first then you will get your gift.

 

I was about to reply him when the door bell rang. Who could that be?

 

 To: Kyubear

Ok Kyu! Now I have to go cause someone is at the door. Bye. Miss you!

 

My hand was on the doorknob when received the last message from Kyu and smiled.

 

From: Kyubear

Miss you more :)

 

I opened the door still smiling.

“Wow I didn’t knew you would be that happy to see me.” Donghae said cheekily.

“Oh don’t worry this smile is not for you” I assured him, and opened the door more to let him enter.

“If it’s not for me then who is the lucky bastard who made you smile like this?” Donghae asked as we made our way to my room. I didn’t want to tell him about Kyuhyun right away so thought to change the topic.

“What about you? Did you have fun with you gay cousin?” I asked Donghae.

“Yah!! Don’t say anything about my Hyukkie,” Donghae exclaimed angrily, but then his expression  changed to blissful one. “And if you must know, I had the time of my life with my Hyukkie. He became even cuter than last time.”

“I certainly didn’t needed to ‘must’ know all that.”

“Yah Lee Sungmin! When are you gonna stop being such a homophobic? You know, this year I wrote to Santa to give you a boyfriend so you will stop being a homophobic.”

“Well I guess your wish came true.” I said quietly. And don’t think that Donghae is kidding, he actually believes in Santa.

“What did you say?” Donghae asked confused.

“Nothing. I am guessing your reason to be here is that you wanna study with me?” I asked in hope to change the subject.

“Yup! But first I am starving so let’s go make something to eat.”

And with that we both made our way toward the kitchen. Chit chatted and made ramen for ourselves. Then reluctantly made our way toward my room to start our study session.

 

 

30th December

 

“Who would have thought the paper would be so easy?” Donghae said as soon as we got out of our exam room. “Now I feel like I wasted my time these last two days.”

“Donghae you are an idiot! You wouldn’t be saying it was easy if you didn’t study in the first place.” I tried to reason with Donghae but like always he ignored me.

“Hey! Sungmin, now we have two weeks holidays before the start of next semester, right?” Donghae said and when I nodded he went on. “Then that means I can go back to My Hyukkie for New Year.”

If we were having this conversation before I met Kyuhyun then I would have hit Donghae on the back of his head and told him that he was a pabo but right now I wanted to see Kyuhyun so much myself that I pitied Donghae.

“Yeah that would be a good idea. I think you should definitely go. And say hi to Hyuk from me.”

Donghae stopped walking and looked at me like I was an Alien (Since he believes in aliens so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what’s going through his mind.)

“Who are you? And what have you done to my Best Friend, you dirty alien!” Donghae exclaimed. See I knew this was coming.

“Seriously Donghae?! Please grow up.” I said with an eye roll.

“Well you can’t be the real Lee Sungmin!” Donghae said while making his eyes as big as possible.

“And why not?” I asked.

“Firstly, because you just agreed with my idea to go back to Mokpo when I came back only two days ago.” Donghae started while pulling out his index finger like he was gonna count all the reasons. “And you didn’t hit me, I might add.”

“Second, you asked me to send your greetings to Hyukjae. That is the first time in your life since you have known him.” Donghae said while pulling a second finger out.

I glared at Donghae to make him stop but he went on, pulling a third finger. “And you said ‘HYUK’. You never say his name, you always call him monkey or my gay cousin.”

“You are exaggerating.” I told Donghae, but when he stared at me with a pointy look I said. “Okay! Okay! 2014 is ending, is it wrong to repent?”

“No it’s not. But seriously who are you?” Donghae asked, looking at me suspiciously.

“If I were to go ninja on you, will you believe that it’s me?” I asked Donghae with a smirk.

“Hahaha…. No need, I believe you.” Donghae said hurriedly.

“Good!” I said smiling. “But you are right, I have changed. And since our exams have ended I wanna tell you something. The thing is…. Your wish came true.” I wanted to tell him confidently but just the thought of kyuhyun had me blushing like a teenager.

Donghae looked at mu blushing face and confusion was evident on his face. “What wish? To meet aliens?”

I face palmed myself. “No. The wish you made to Santa. The one you told me about.”

Donghae thought about that for some time. Seems like he made a whole list of wishes to send to Santa.

“The one where I asked Santa to give you a boyfriend?”

When I nodded. Donghae looked confused for a few seconds but then realization was evident on his face.

“You mean to say that you got yourself a BOYFRIEND? And you are telling me this NOW!?!” Donghae said.

By this time we have reached near my house. “Well not exactly a Boyfriend, yet. But something like that.” I told Donghae, smiling like an idiot.

“I demand details. Tell me everything!!” Donghae exclaimed.

“Of course! But let’s get inside first.” I said to Donghae while opening the front door of my house.

As soon as opened the door and we both walk only a few steps inside the house then a yell of “SURPRISE!!” startled us both.

“Umma? Appa? What are doing here? Why are you back so early?” I asked my parents, seeing that they returned from Paris earlier.

“Ask your Umma.” Appa said, sitting in his armchair while watching T.V. so I looked at Umma, expecting a better explanation.

“My precious baby, I missed you so much that I thought to cut our trip short. We had already seen all worth visiting places. I wanted to be here with you on your birthday.” Umma said.

I was so happy to see her. I hug her to let her know how much I appreciated her decision to be back early. She is the best Mom ever!

“Well Sungmin I am leaving. I think you would want to be with you family now. But let’s meet tomorrow because I still wanna know the detail of you-know-what.” Donghae said with an evil glint in his eyes. “Bye Mr and Mrs Lee.”

“But aren’t you going to Mokpo?” I asked, remembering our earlier talk. I walk toward Donghae with intention to show him out.

“I have to talk to my parents first. But if I was going, I will be leaving tomorrow evening. So be on the soccer gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter