1/2

Home Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

 

19th December

 

"You guys are actually gonna leave me behind so you can have fun in Paris. When I will be HOME ALONE on CHRISTMAS?!" I exclaimed, surprise lacing my every word.

"Well honey it's not by choice, you know," Umma said while packing her luggage." It's not our fault that your University thought to hold their finals between winter vacation, so they can end the semester earlier."

"Well it's not my fault either," I huffed angrily." i wanna go too. Can't you wait till my exams end, then we can all go together" making my doe eyes big to gain pity.

"Oh sweet pumpkin," Umma said with a sad smile."You know that your Appa and dongsaeng are only free in these holidays. You are a big boy now,so I know you can stay alone for these two weeks."

"It's not that I can't stay alone. But I will be alone on New Year, which I might remind you is my birthday as well." I pouted.

" When we get back then we will hold a big celebration for you," Umma said, trying to cheer me up.

"Yes, but that wont be ON my birthday." I whined again.

Umma just got up and hugged me close to her, and quite surprisingly the warmth made the tension go away.

                                                                            

 

22nd December

 

"Mom did you put my ipad charger in the hand bag?" sungjin asked for the nth time.

"Yes I did. I already told you that. And did you put white suit case in the car already?" asked Umma in return.

"Has anyone seen my car keys?" Came Appa’s voice from outside.

Finally the day had come when my family was leaving for their two week worth holidays in Paris….and the house was a chaos. Umma and appa were running here and there trying to wind up last minute work. I sat in the living room with a huge pout on my face.

"You do realize that Umma and Appa are too busy to notice your pout right?" Sungjin mocked me. That only got me to pout even harder which fortunately got umma’s attention.

"My poor baby. Please don’t be like that you know you are making it harder for umma to leave." Umma said while hugging me. That made me a little guilty.

"Its okay umma I am just kidding. Go have fun in Paris." I smiled and tried to convince mom that I was alright.

"Yes yes I totally understand" Appa said while talking in his cell phone. "let me get back to you in a few minutes….okay then….bye!" appa ended the call and looked at us with serious expression. "We have got a problem. Remember that we are going on a house exchanging trip? But the person whose house we were gonna use in Paris said that he couldn’t come to Korea because he had some business to attend in China?" When we all nodded, appa went on "Well he changed his mind and wants to spend Christmas in Korea. So he called to tell me that he will be here tomorrow evening."

A heavy silence fell upon us. It seemed no body wanted to start the conversation so I took the first step. "so what about me? I will still be here, wont he get mad at us?"

"Yes that is the problem. I think we should just cancel our trip" appa said.

"What!! No way. We can find some other way please don’t ruin your trip.’ I exclaimed.

"I agree with hyung." said the selfish brat.

"How about you stay with donghae for a few days?" Umma asked me.

"Umma, Donghae is leaving for mokpo tomorrow. You know he always go back to his hometown for Christmas." I told Umma.

" Well you could always pretend to be a maid for this house. Since that man is filthy rich I am pretty sure he will be happy to have a maid around for cooking, cleaning and stuff." Sungjin shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Well its not exactly a bad idea, seeing that sungmin will get to be in the house all the time." Appa said.

"What! My sungmin a maid!? No way. My baby is too precious for that." Umma exclaimed angrily.

I thought about it for sometime, if being a maid for a few days meant that my parents will spend wonderful holidays in Paris then this was a small price to pay. And it was only for a few days right? The man was only coming for Christmas, not new year so maybe he will leave right after Christmas.

"Umma I think sungjin and appa are right. It’s no big deal. I originally would have cooked and clean for myself, I can do that for another person too." I tried to convince umma."Appa you can call him to tell that everything is settled and he can come tomorrow. And don’t forget to tell him about the maid part."

" You do know I was only kidding right?" Sungjin said but everyone ignored him.

"Thank you for being such a good son" Appa gave me a proud hug which made my heart swell.

"And don’t forget that you have a flight to catch as well" I reminded them.

Appa smiled at me and went to call that guy. While umma and sungjin checked all their luggage and sat in the car after giving me a hug full of love. Then appa came out of the house and gave me a hug and whispered in my ear "Take care son. You are too beautiful for your own good so beware and don’t let that guy do anything erted with you. Use you martial act skills if you must." Appa winked at me and went to sit in the car while leaving me blushing deep red like a tomato.

I kept waving them goodbye until I couldn’t see their car anymore.

 

 

23rd December

 

I have been up since 5 in the morning. I cleaned the whole house, did washing, change all curtains and bed sheets in the house, did dishes and even cooked and of course went to uni to submit my last minute assignment. Now the clock read 6pm, which means that the guest will be here any minute now. And truth be told I was feeling rather nervous.

 The sudden ringing of door bell made my heart beat faster but still I managed to opened the door and there stood one of the hottest guy I have ever seen in my life and I realized that I developed my first gay crush. Things become even more difficult when he spoke, in a y voice which send shivers down my spine.

"Are you the maid of this house?" He asked in his deep voice. And all I could do was nod like a retarded idiot.

"When Mr. Lee said maid, I imagined a 60 year old ajumma. But I must say" he looked from my head to toe," I am glad I was wrong."

"Just one question though" he said softly and stepped toward me, which made me step back a little. " Are you a girl or a boy?"

If anyone else had asked this question then instead of answering I would have demonstrated some of my Martial art skill on him. But because of this certain someone I blushed hard and stuttered "B-Boy"

"Even better" with these words he smirked at me. "Did you made dinner? I am starving"

"Yes, dinner is ready. Why don’t you freshen up? In the meantime I will heat up the dinner."

"Well beautiful! How about you recommend a room for me? Which room do you think is the best here?" He asked me. And all I could do was look at him when my inner self was asking itself , did he just called me beautiful??

"Ummm….How about the first room on the left of hallway?" I asked more than suggested.

"Can two people sleep there?" He asked. His question confused me a little but I answered anyways. "Y-Yes"

"Good" then he smirked at me and left to find his room.

I went in the kitchen to heat up the dinner but my head was full of the weird conversation I had with the guest ( whose name I forgot to ask). And after much analysis I came to the conclusion that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter