Closure

Song Selection – Don’t Be Sad!

 

“Are you sure?” The main vocalist of EXO asked him to make sure again. It was for ten times actually. He really could not believe when Chanyeol he wants to do it even they prevent him from doing so. What? Is he not good enough for it or he is just worse than any of other EXO members? Chanyeol nodded, gained a mocking looks from the others. Okay, he understood that, he would try harder to get better; of course he should avoid it-if he could but now, he wants to try it. He wants to prove everyone-not really but more to coax Nana with that. What a good intention is that?

 

“Okay, we just need to choose a song and song arrangement. You want to do it, Chanyeol? Or you want to focus on your request?” He grinned then, Baekhyun and his sarcasm was never being his favorite. “We have no time to help you by the way. So, just go for it and yeah, if it is not that, what we call it, not bring out good result, don’t blame us for that,”

 

Oh Damn! How come he was full of confidence doing that before thinking about the outcome? Grinning again, he scratched his head, running his long fingers through his hair, intentionally messing it. Chanyeol and his habit could not be separated.

 

“I will do it no matter what,” He said, tried to brush his worried side with his- obviously his weak answer but still he cover it with a big laugh.

 

“I wonder if your girlfriend already forgives you. You look so happy,” He shrugged then, did not have any desire to answer Baekhyun’s question. Did she? Of course she is not yet. Did he look happy? It was his outside because he was more than suffer inside. He feels varieties of feeling at that time, so he tried to cover up with faking his happy smile but when Baekhyun question him, his anxiety comes again.

 

“We don’t have much time, so we have to start working now,” Lay snapped, urges them to start practicing.

 

“Can we chill for a while? I’m too tired to do anything for a second,” Baekhyun snapped back, gained a death glare from the evil stare Soo or the forever-awkward-person D.O. Kyungsoo, as they already know about it since they live with him in the same dorm was discipline in everything he does. So, whoever works with him, they have to be discipline or Kyungsoo prefer them to leave him alone and come again after they are ready to start working.

 

That was one of the reasons for Chanyeol to avoid working with Kyungsoo. Because he was a troublemaker in their group along with Chen and Baekhyun, so he prefers to work with them instead of Kyungsoo. So, they would talk non-stop without care about nothing. Remind that, it makes him grimaces and cringe, realized that he learnt from Nana about work ethic and discipline. Right? Nana teaches him to be a normal human being, to be responsible, to not shaking whenever he was facing a big problem yet she caused him more storms instead of taking it away. But still, he loves it; he loves the fact that she caused him more trouble. It was like a great challenge for him, challenge to know her better. Even though the challenge makes him wants to surrender but nonetheless, it teaches him to stay calm no matter what happened. He thinks about that the night before- before he sent messages to Nana and he already gets his answers for his own questions.

 

Nana teaches him to feel varieties of feeling, before he just know how to be playful, witty, humorous happy as the EXO members called him as Happy Virus but when he knows her, they become a friend first and then a lover, he could feel more feeling. No more just being playful and so on, but universal. Sad, yes.  Irritated, yes.  Bored, yes. It was not just that but more complicated yet it makes him grow. Grow as a man instead of just a young boy. Grow to be matured. Grow to understand that those fairytales who tells him about happy ending, happiness was something cliché. But, still he choose to believe it, choose to believe that there are might be a way for them-he and Nana to be the most envied couple for entire country even though they are an idol who people- keyboard warriors and haters especially hated them. He chooses to believe it and he choose to be with her no matter what happened. He already makes up his mind, to tone down a bit, a bit, a bit, a lot of his possessive side. He wants to change something for their relationship, to be a romantic man instead of bad boy, to be a gentleman rather than annoying little boy.

 

He snickered, it seems like he thinks too much and it drives away until he thinks something that he should not. Get your head straight, Park Chanyeol. You have not finished your first mission- to coax her of course yet you dare to think about your unseen future. But still, he could be a dreamer. Indeed, because little does he knows that between their relationships, there was a word called as quarrel.

 

Nonetheless, his life was not perfect if he did not involve in any bickering scene with Nana. Won or lose, it should not be a problem. Euwww, cheesy! He realized that, but he could not help it. He was a big troll anyway. But, he could try, right? To be like what he wants to be for Nana.

 

“Park Chanyeol, get your here. What are you doing there? We must hurry, there’s not much time left and we haven’t decide things yet,” Here he goes, a person who always committed in everything he does, Kyungsoo. Chanyeol looks at Lay, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who already wears their thick coat, preparing to go to the studio. He sighed, seems like he was daydreaming again, hurriedly he dashed towards his room and snatched everything, his wallet, his thick coat because South Korea in a winter right now and not to forget, his snapback- given by Nana when he decided to leave the Roommate show.

 

As he still remember, Nana leaves her gift on his bed at that time, with her hand written notes, saying that she was not home to bid him goodbye as she had another schedule at China. He kept that letter in his drawer along with other precious things for him.

 

 

 

“So, what song are we going to sing?” Lay asked, hopped into the van and settles on the backseat. Chanyeol hummed, thinking and thinking, meanwhile the others did not bother to think at all. Because they already agreed to make Chanyeol choose the song, alone as he was the one who offers himself. Indeed, he had to choose a song which related to Nana’s situation at that time.

 

“What about Goodbye? I think it is a good song,” Chanyeol scowled, incredulous with Baekhyun’s attempt to at that time. He clicked his tongue then, stretched his hand and slapped Baekhyun arm. The latter faked his pain and Chanyeol slapped his arm once again. Serve him right!

 

“What about Jazz Café? I think it will be fun. It is upbeat song isn’t it?” D.O said, and the others were humming as a sign that they were thinking about that. Little does Chanyeol agreed with it, Jazz Café was good though but the problem was it never match Nana’s situation at all. But, He turned and glances at the EXO members one by one, curious with their sudden opinion about the song selection.

 

“I think you guys agreed for me to select a song. Why did you guys give your idea anyway?”

 

“We just give our idea but you can choose between those ideas. If you like it, then go for it but if you don’t like it, it’s fine though,” Lay retorted, and Chanyeol hissed. He could not unseen their intention to though. Goodbye, it was a goodbye song. And Jazz Café, hmm, he could not explain about that song since, let’s say that song does not match them. Fullstop!

 

“I like Don’t Be Sad though!” Chanyeol exclaimed, he already think about that song before. It matches their situation. A song full’s of meaning.  The things that he wants to tell which are- stop crying, stop hurting because it is not worth it to cry for a guy like him. He was bad, he knows that but sometimes when she was hurting, it hurts his heart as well.

 

Apologized, make up and be like before- throw that away- the words like before, he thinks whether they have to stay like that when he was more showing his bad side instead of his good side towards her, they could not return to the old time but he would promise to be better. No quarrel intended again, no more after this. They should have trying to be a peaceful lover for once.

 

“Great,” Chanyeol flinched, too shock with the sudden exclaimed. “Song selection was done and now, let’s arranges the music and practice. And Chanyeol must be work harder since he offers to sing.” He grinned then, before bursted out laugh. Oh Im Nana, this is the second time he sings, the first time for his fans and the second time for her. Of course, she was his precious and his prior.

 

 

 

---

 

 

“So, have you heard about that news?” Nana jumped, a little, no, very startled with the sudden appearance of her manager. She raised her eyebrows, asking back a question for the chubby guy. News? What news? Break up news, graduated news or new face news. She was very curious about it, if a break up news, and then who is it? If graduated news, she knows that since Jooyeon unnie already mention about that again and again. If the new face news, of course she did not know about that, of course, emphasize the words of course since she rarely in the company for a time being.

 

She looks at her manager, honestly, this guy know everything in entertainment industry. From the work related up to gossip related. So, which one he would tell her, lets guess together since she was also damn curious right there. Wait a minute, the wrinkles created on her forehead, a sign that she was thinking at that time. Nana turned to the latter who enjoying his tea time at the café, Nana drags him there actually as she was craving for some macaroons.  The news, it could be her own news right? She widens her eyes, getting nervous for some reason.

 

The manager leaned closer; Nana puts back a macaroon on the plate, getting ready to hear the news. “Dispatch got your pictures and sent it to the company and, and...”He paused, his lips, contemplated whether he wants to continue or not.

 

Nana takes a deep breath. Crap! Dispatch or in other words those crazy paparazzi gets her picture. She tried to organize her words. Okay, Dispatch gets her picture and yeah, absolutely she knows that since they always stalked her even when she was in China but, but, she did dodged them whenever she goes to meet someone, whether she or he was her friend or Chanyeol. Up until now, she successfully dodge them, missing without any trace or it is just her feeling. Did they already catch her with Chanyeol? Or it is just an editing picture since you know; it was damn easy to edit a picture nowadays. But, she was very confidence her CEO could tell it, editing pictures was easy to tell as well.

 

“What?” She asked, a little bit too late since she was in awe, not because she met some random and handsome guy but she was drowning in her myriad of thought, thinking with nervous and wary feeling.

 

“You and a guy, I know who is it since yeah, after that night, when you have been chasing by one popular kid, “ Nana gulped her saliva, she realized that either she has to break up or she has to stop meeting him, her CEO would make her choose one of that. That night was at SBS Gayo Daejun and obviously she knows who was chasing her that night. Chanyeol, right? She knows it, she really knows it. Sooner or later, everything would be reveal.

 

“So, I have to stop meeting him or I have to break up with him?” She asked then, in flat tone, as a sign that she was defeated by the whole situation.

 

Remind that, it makes her sad. She did thinks about breaking up already, not because she was angry with him but the fact that if, if, if she did not do anything, Dispatch would reveal everything. And if she breaks up with him, at least she could tell them that they just a friend, friend who used to get close through Roommate.

 

Nana growls, honestly the headache already attacked her. It was hurt and she could not think anything. Damn it! She gets angry with herself as she should be more careful. Now, everything was too late. It was too late to even do anything.

 

“I don’t have any schedule after this, right?” Nana grabs her bag, trying so hard to stand up as her knees was weak at that time. She was shaking; slowly she grabs the edge of the table and stood up. Looking at her manager who looks at her with a curious face, she said, “I want to meet someone. I’ll go with Taxi and you, aishhh; you can straightly go home though. I’ll meet you tomorrow and I’ll tell you my decision. Please tell our CEO that I need time for everything. Thank you!” By that, she runs without the latter could say anything, leaving him speechless.

 

 

---

 

 

Chanyeol pouts when the other three laughed at him, but still, he tried his best there. He did give his best to be better and to sing perfectly. Life was so cruel, how come his life does not have any sympathy towards him? He whined, totally looks like a whiny kids-and he forgot that he aims to become a man before this but now, even a little hardship, he fell into his old characters back.

 

“I don’t want to say this but adding this, it is your ten time of your voice cracking. Could you do any better? You voice cracks at the same verse though. It is quite fishy, did someone want to jinx you. Or it just a sign that you should stop singing,” He puckered his lips when Baekhyun said that. That kid! He really knows how to make him hesitant with his decisions. But, he could not give up as he already texting Nana, asked her to watch this special performance. Even though it was just a tribute performance, he could not help it but to ask her to watch it. The lyrics, the music, the performance, it was all for her, sincerely from him. You could say that he was bad because he did insert his own intention for a tribute song and another purpose for it. But, who cares and for the first time, he wants to be selfish caused it was for his own good.

 

“You’re the only one who didn’t learn it yet? But it’s okay. Take it easy and we can start one more time,” The Chinese man added, with a concern voice and Chanyeol could see his concern plastered all over his face. Oh, thank you! It seems like he one person to help him there, help him to not listening to any of Baekhyun’s gibberish. What a good friend he was? Definitely, he tried to or to be funny. Who knows? That kid, he looks at Baekhyun who grinned like an idiot, Chanyeol stretched his hand and punched the latter’s arm. He smiled when the latter yelped in pain.

 

“I think we should just perform like that,” D.O said, Chanyeol scratched his nape, raised his eyebrows when the perfectionist did not want their performance to be perfect. Why? “Because I think Chanyeol can grasp the feeling easily. You can tell that he was sad when he sing this song. And yeah, voice cracks do not matter since he was not a vocalist, “

 

Chanyeol nodded, while the others just shrugged their shoulders. When the perfectionist tells him that, he was more than happy, and glad as well.

 

“So Chanyeol, what make you shed tears just now?” He jumped, flinched and stuck his tongue out. He glanced at Baekhyun, who occupied the seat beside him. Did he just shed tears just now? He did not realize it. “I was just kidding. No need to think like that”

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes in annoyance. He smacked Baekhyun’s chest. That song remind him of Nana but to shed tears in front of the others was quite, bit, very embarrassing for him. Little does he admits that he was drown into his own thought when he sing that song, like a flashback, the memories between him and Nana flash in his eyes. All of that were only consist of their bickering scene and it makes him regrets things. He should, no, he has to treat her better, but he only could not. It was hurt his pride, as a man, he should treat a girl better. He did treat girls better but it was excluding Nana. If he was in her shoes, feels what she could feels, he would give up on her if she treats him like the way he treats her.

 

‘So, apologies will never be enough for what I’m doing for her. But, promise her to treat her better is not even valid since she hurts badly.’He muttered under his breath, very disappointed with himself and upset with the whole things.

 

He was mean for her after and before they become a lover. Remind that, he wants to knock his head, so that he could have amnesia and forgets about every single thing he does to the latter. Regrets? Yes, he was regretting his own wrongdoing.

 

As he still remembers, Chanyeol sighed, he ever being hostile towards her for a month. The reason for it, he was just being random, doing that for unknown reason and yet, Nana coaxed him and tried to talk to him. He was mean at that time, very, very mean towards her.

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol!” He stopped, chewed on his lips to hide his smile. Oh! Teasing Nana was the best things he could feel ever. Because, this latter sometimes could be naïve and innocent. He walked away, tried to walk faster, to hide and to laugh out loud but his movement stopped when she grabs his hand. He wrestled his hand but Nana hardened her gripped, making him pouting. It looks like he had to hide his intention to smile.

 

“I’m sorry,” He closed his eyes when she cupped his face, tip-toed and pecked his lips without even care for the camera which is just near them. He clicked his tongue, pretend that he was annoying with it but the truth was he could not handle the heart thumping. “I’m sorry for everything. I still could not gasp what makes you angry like this but still, if it is my fault, then I’m sorry,”

 

He smirked; acting actually, harshly pushed her hands at his face. He saw the look on her face; she looks disbelieved with his sudden rejection.

 

“You find your mistakes first and then, you can seek me for apologies. I don’t need your apologies right now, since it was insincere.” Shoot! Very nice, Park Chanyeol. You were mean, very mean. Little does he feels regret for saying something like that but he was looking forward at the same time. He was definitely looking forward for it, to wait for her to coax him. It would be priceless, for him though.

 

He leaves her speechless, without doing any of his habits towards her whenever they encounter each other. For instant, ruffles her hair, peck her lips or just pinched her cheeks. Honestly, to be very honest, he wants to do that as his hands were very itchy to do that but he hardly avoids it. Just, he would prevent himself to not doing it for a while. After, after he told her everything about his stupid and random plan, he would easily come back for the old him. But what will happen if Nana turned into a beast when she knows that. Indeed, she was pretty scary when she was angry so, let’s just keeping it by himself. The latter, Nana would kill him if she knows about it, exaggerated, a bit, no he was exaggerating things there as Nana would not do something like that. She would just flash a flat face for a whole day or for days.

 

Thinking that making Chanyeol stop his intention to tell her everything. In fact, he carried on with his little mission, to get her attention. He does not want to admit it but the result for his planned was damn impressive. She, as it was very shocking for him since she was very busy with her job, but despite of it, the latter did give her attention towards him. Every day, she asked him and seeks an opportunity to talk with him even though he, as his stupid plan, would run away from her whenever they are facing each other, and he dodged their encounters in the house.

 

He might be a stupid, if he wants her attention, he should just lets her do everything without running away from her but yeah, one could tell that he was a stupid when he does that. Who cares as he enjoyed her suffered at that time? He dares not to tell anyone about it since obviously, whoever knows that would tell her like immediately. So, the after effect of not telling anyone was quite huge. The Roommate casts were trying to dig it deeper, to tell Nana about her fault and in a matter of fact; he snickered every time they asked him about that. What would be his answer if they asked him about that?

 

“No need to ask me about that. She has to think it by herself. Ask Nana to meet me after she knows what exactly she did,” little does he knows that the roommate would tell Nana, advised her to keep thinking about it.

 

 

 

But, it does not last longer though as he- he sides eyeing the chubby man who keep grinning at him, showing his not so white teeth, someone told Nana about his little mission. But, he could guess who because, he glances at the culprit again, the culprit urges Nana to ask him about something. First, he wants to run away from her like he always did gain but his curiosity kills him, making him settles on the couch again. Raising his eyebrows, he sent a sign for Nana to ask that questions.

 

And it was like a tornado after that, with a screaming, yelling and slamming could be heard all over the house. And the fact that all of the Roommate casts only shake their head because it was usual for them, usual sight so they did not even bother to interfere with their bickering. But, he sighed again, he knew it, he really knew it, the real culprit was the one who keep grinning at him and even showing him his thumps up. Chanyeol stomped his feet gritted his teeth and shoots him a death glare.

 

But, how did he know about it? He might be overhead his little monologue or Chanyeol spills him everything when he feels asleep. Knowing his secret crush on Nana, Chanyeol knows that Seho was the real culprit. He never likes Chanyeol anyway, slicked, Seho’s techniques to prank him was smooth. Even his little mission to get Nana’s attention was not that impressive like him. The fact that the older know his secret tells him everything, he should have been careful with the older afterwards. No more sleep talking or over slept at the older room. Please take notes, Park Chanyeol. This older was dangerous, more dangerous than a snake, did he use a correct term though? Forget it, but he was absolutely dangerous.

 

“How could you doing that to me? Don’t you think you’re mean here? You’re…” She paused, pouted and leaned backward as she pinched her glare on him. He bored a look at her, smiled when she hugs her chest with puckered lips of course. It seem like she was not angry anymore. Just that, she was sulky. But, sulky Nana was interesting though.

 

“Bully.” She adds, snuggled closer to the couch and resting her head there. “Liar! Bully! Giant!” She exclaimed. Chanyeol stifled his laugh; it was literally hard to suppress it. Nana did mention all the mean things towards him, called him as this and that, he makes sure to add his nicknames later. It was something new for him.

 

“Don’t you dare to laugh. I was mad at you. Spill it.” She said, closing her eyes and heaved a deep breath.

 

“What?”

 

“Spill it. Why did you do like that? If Seho oppa didn’t tell me, you’ll act like nothing towards me yet I will be a silly one who ask for forgiveness out of nothing,”

 

Chanyeol stood up, she frowns and opened her eyes when she heard his movement. Chanyeol clicked his tongue when he turned around and saw her Seho oppa was there smirked at him. He hissed, asking her to chase him away from there if she wants his explanation. What did you do again, Chanyeol? Don’t you think that just pure nonsense there?

 

“What? He has right to know everything though. And he was not a liar like you,” Ouch! Why did it felt so hurt at his chest area? Her words, it manages to make him silent for a while. He caressed his chest, trying to calm himself. Honestly, he could not avoid and he slammed the table in front of him. Just to let out his frustration, not to make her angry.

 

But Nana flinched before asked Seho to leave them alone. Seho was a bit, no; very hesitated but she assured him. Telling him she would be fine. And the older warns him before he stepped out from their little argument, going to the upstairs.

 

Chanyeol lowered his head as he was totally runs of idea to say something. He titled his head, only to see her narrowed her eyes on her. It was like, she was preaving on him, waiting to kill and eat him without any doubts.

 

Though, he was greeting by the movement of the camera, installed on the wall. It seems like they were arguing in front of the camera again. He sighed, but only for a while though. He stood up and walked towards the camera, barely settled in front of it. He waved his hands then, chuckles when he got an idea to spill everything. Nana, even though she said that she wants to hear that, little does he knows that she was praying for a good reason to come out. Girls!

 

“Isn’t she cute when she acts like that? “He started, pointing at Nana who looks at him in dazed. “I hope you will not air any of our interaction here as you can see…” He paused, humming and turning his body to the left and right. “We’re always yelling at each other whenever we met each other. And my fans would bash her if they know something going on with us. “It was right though. He had most of scary fans, which was waiting to hurt Nana right after some of their interaction air.

 

“And you promised us before, promised to not release any of the cut scene,” He pointed out at the camera and puckers his lips. Honestly, most of the production team knows their current relationship. He told them and begs them to cut any of their interaction and they agreed with it. He heard the latter behind him clicked her tongue, might be annoying for his long introduction.

 

“I’m not talking with you anymore.”

 

Chanyeol hushed her before she could stand up and leaving the living room. He turned around, walked towards her and stopped in front of her, he occupied his seat on the small table and heard the crack sound after that.

 

“Get your off there. It will break anytime soon!” She instructed but he just ignored, shrugged his shoulder and pretends to not listen to it. It makes the latter rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

“Honestly…” He paused when she raised her right palm, opened it widely. It was a sign for him to stop talking.

 

“What? I’m not talking to you though? I’m talking to the camera,” He replied, gained a smacked on his arms. He smiled and adds, “If you don’t want to hear it then closed your ears. I don’t want to talk to you though,” yet, he added her annoyance, adds a fuel in the flame.

 

“Then, do it. I’m going!” She snapped, stood up and Chanyeol grabs her wrist when she wants to leave. Nope, she cannot leave, not until he explains towards her. It was pretty obvious that she knows it too, she sat down when he gestured her to do so without an argument at all. He smiled, she knows him better, knows that he would not let her go before he gets what he wants. And the consequences of her reluctant would be huge even though they were sitting nicely with cameras around them.

 

“I did that because I want your attention. You’re too busy with your Seho oppa. , Seho oppa, Seho oppa. I was like invisible in your eyes. When you’re busy with your work, you didn’t call me at all. Am I not importance to you? I heard that you’re calling Seho hyung all the time, asking whether he was fine or not. Honestly, my jealousy strike when he told me about it. Every time you call him, he would ask me, Chanyeol-ah, Nana called me before, did she call you?”

 

She opened , attempts to snap back but he glares at her, making her silence again.

 

“It was unfair to me. I know that I was mean, being random but deep in my heart, I have my own reason for doing that to you.” He spilled; bored his eyes on her and Nana lowered her head, not going to do an eye contact at all.

 

“It was not like I like to act like that. You know, I’m suffered inside, thinking whether I do the right things,” He announced, it was his first time to talk about his real feeling towards her. He wants to show that his pride was hurt. He was hurt because Seho gets her times more than him. Do not you think that it was unfair?

 

And when he saw Nana was talking to Seho, he feels insecure because he caught the older tried to hold her hands once. As her boyfriend, it makes him wants to throw a tantrum towards the older but things might be gets worse. So, he decides to go with a plan, trying to snatch her attention even for a while.

 

“If it related to Seho oppa then forget it. I have no feeling for him at all. Even though he took a good care for me, but I didn’t waver even for a little. And I mostly worried about you. I heard about some female idols who are confessing to you. And the y girls who tried to seduce you whenever you guys on music broadcast. I’m sure they will get you right after you’ve done with me. I’m not sure but I think you’re hiding girls behind me. Obviously, you’re Chanyeol of EXO. And, with you and your hormones…”

 

She paused; Chanyeol chewed his lips, and snickered at her statement. Nana pouted again, getting ready to stand up but he makes a quick act to stop her. Chanyeol puts his hands besides her, completely trapped her from doing any movement. He leaned closer, slowly until there was an inch gap between them. He pecks her lips and whispered something to her, causing Nana becomes flush and flustered. He chuckles, touched the tip of her nose and apologizes, leaving her there speechless. What did he say again?

 

“I only have you baby , what is the point to hide any girls behind you if I have you in front of me all the time, and one more thing, my hormones only work on you. When I’m with you, it is unstoppable.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol smiled, it seems like their relationship was not that bad before, it was just like when he stepped out from the house, leaving the show and Nana, it caused a ruckus between them.

 

 

---

 

 

“What should I do? Give me an, no, give me ideas please,” She begs the latter in front of him who blankly stared at her before takes a deep breath. The latter however just shrugged his shoulders, sending a sign that he could not help her. Nana puckered her lips, pouting when he refused to help her. Honestly out of her friends, he was the only person who can be wise whenever he advised someone. He could be playful, he seems not serious, but she respects him whenever he being serious and helping others. For instants, when she tells him about the other impression on her at the Roommate show whether they were old casts or the newest casts.

 

“You’re random, don’t you know it. You should ask other person opinion who has the same fame as you and the one who get caught dating with Dispatch before. I’m sure you have a lot of connection. I never encounter something like you before and Dispatch never followed me all the time anyway, hmmm they never follow me though. “He retorted, a little dissatisfied with her sudden dashed into his apartment. More or less, he just bugged him when she had a problem. What a nice friend she is? In fact, she roams her eyes around his apartment, she narrowed her eyes, and she forgot that the latter in front of her faced the biggest problems in this entertainment industry. Getting caught by Dispatch or secret would be reveal was not in the same level as him though her scandal would give a big impact for fans but, yeah, the latter in front of her was in deep problem.

 

“Wait for your company to settle it. It is not like you can settle it by yourself. I think your company doing a good job in this. It is not their first time though. Jungah Noona gets caught as well but they brushed it off and fans believed it. “ She looked at him in dazed, slowly trying to process his words but her brain was stopped working, worried about own problems as well as worried about the latter in front of her. She scanned him, from head to toe; he looks extremely skinny and pale.

 

“Am I being selfish here? I should not find you for this; I should find you when you’re trapped in your emotion, shaking when you’ve a problem. What should I do? I’m sorry!” She apologized then, lowered her head as the guilty feeling lingered around her. She holds to not crying in front of the latter.

 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry and no need to apologize though. I’m recovering little by little; one more steps and I will become my old self. It is not my first time and you’re too busy with your works as well. I don’t want to bug you with my stupid problem.”

 

“Who tell you that it is stupid? Small or huge, it’s still a problem. I know, deep in your heart you’re hurt. Just look at you, where is your playful and carefree side? Do you even eat anything? “She retorted, getting semi irritated and all she could listen was his chuckles afterwards. Tilting her head, she notices the hurt feeling in his eyes making him started to shed tears in front of him. Damn you, Nana! When did you become this sensitive? But, have you ever encounters something like this? When you were worried over something, and you seeks for an advised from your friend but it turned out your friend had unbearable problems than you. The worst was you never bother come to pay a visit even though you know his problems before. The guilty feeling, it seems hard to vanish and it makes you hurt even more when your friend spent his time on you to listen to your rambling. She was selfish!

 

Turning to face her, the latter bored a gaze on him and broke into a smile, “I will be alright after one or two month. So far, I refused any variety schedule and don’t cry, I’m not worth it. You ask me where my carefree and playful side is yet you lost it as well. It’s been a while you come here and see me yet you’re crying. I’m living well with my two others hyung. I’m sure they will be okay as well. You know, we’re strong. Your ideal type is going back home, I’m sure he’s enjoying his time to play a ping pong with his brother,”

 

She wiped her tears and laughed at her ideal type words. She just noticed her ideal type was not even there, it seems like the latter- more to their apartment since he shared it with two another guy, one nagging man and while the other one used to be her ideal type, the latter were alone at that time. She smiled, when she was overload with her works or problems, she would seeks these guys. But, when she got her name out there as many people started to recognize her, Nana rarely hangs out at their apartment. But still, they were contacting each other through phone, just which, lately she forgot to contact her best friend in entertainment industry.

 

“Wait a minute,” She wacked his head when the latter popped up to see her phone screen, pouting while caressed his head. Nana picks up the phone and stood up, nervous and hesitated at the same time. “Yes?”

 

She silent then, waiting for the person on the next line speaks out first “And then. What’s the result for it?” she asked, bites her lips and turned around, nodding when she saw the latter behind her raised his eyebrows, asking her in silent.

 

“Wait, wait. What?”

 

She silent again, caressed her chest and gritted her teeth. Her jaw was already hardened and her eyes flicked in flame, she was a bit, a little bit angry with the sudden news from her manager. How could she living well with the manager actually?

 

“Mean!” She exclaimed all of a sudden and brushed it off with a loud laugh afterwards. Her manager called her to just say that, of course it was late. It was not like she was angry towards him because he was being mean while saying that but she was more angry to the fact that she runs away leaving her manager and dashed to this apartment right away. Indeed, she was being random.

 

“How could you to that to me? I’m hanging up; I have to stay here for a while before another schedule. You know where you want to pick me up. It is my usual hang out place, manager-nim,” She retorted, emphasized and stressed out the word ‘nim’ there and ended the call. She stomped her feet towards the latter who wait for her, stares at her with a blank face. She smiled, jumped around and screams echoes after that.

 

 

 

“I’m sure you have good news here. What? Dispatch caught you coming here all the time, visit your friend and your name would be in headline tomorrow, Im Nana with her big heart, visit an opportunity same-age friend,”

 

Nana pouted, knowing that it was his little sarcasm. Was that sarcasm though? Might be, she does not know but seeing a grin flashed on the latter face, she knows that he was just joking. She slapped his arms, pinched it hard afterwards, causing the latter pinched her cheeks as a payback.

 

“Since I’m taking your time today, I will treat you with various meals and let’s watch something here. Anyway, you,” She titled her head to the left side, blinked her eyes towards the latter. The latter mouthed ‘what’ towards her, might be damn curious with her sudden stop. She clicked her tongue and shook her head. “It can’t be like this. You, get your dress up. Don’t forget to shower beforehand and let’s go out. You’re damn messy here and let’s get out from your cave. Hanging out outside is not a bad idea,”

 

It makes the latter jerked and opened his mouth to retort but she silent him when a soft kick on his legs. She asked him to say nothing because she could drag him outside before he could dress properly. Threw away the idea of running away from Dispatch or the plan to stay there for a while because she, as she could feels, she would help this latter to take a fresh air. For her manager, she called him, telling him to pick her up at a mall instead of this apartment. No need to worry about Dispatch because mostly, the paparazzi know that they are a good friend. It was not like they caught them for the first time together though.

 

Her manager called her, told her that it was just a prank from him, no, not a prank but sort of reminder towards her. If she was not careful enough, she could listen to the news someday. Even if, she was very angry towards the way he conducted his little prank but she could not help but grinning like an idiot when she was waiting for her friend to get dress, a little relief because the news was not true at all. So, the conclusion was she has to be extra careful or the news eventually would be real. Oh ho, she could not bear to face it, the idea of she would think whether she had to break up- it would be too late though, after Dispatch reveals everything, it would be the too late to break up- or the idea of both entertainment company were having a meeting, contacted each other in order to deny or reveal it. Hmmm, it would be the busy day for them. Nana, she could hide somewhere, maybe.

 

 

---

 

 

 

Chanyeol walked back and forth at the backstage, back to sit on the chair provided and stood up again, repeat to walk there back and forth. He heaved a deep breath, closed his eyes and jumped to release his nervous feeling. He, for his sake, it was his first time to sing, before he sings at another concert, overseas. The idea of him to sing was ridiculous but for him, everything for Nana, he eventually does that. Does he change to be a cheesy guy after some incidents? He thinks so, because he feels that he was change too much, and lets him told something, he watches romance movie in his laptop when they were having a short break from their endless practice. Nonsense, right? But that was the truth, after that, he was staying up to continue watching the movie, not to forget he learnt and takes note from those movie. Isn’t it something new?

 

“No more complicated relationship, huh?” Suddenly, someone looms over him from behind, grinned when he occupied on the chair beside him. Although he whispered it- he hopes Sehun whispered the question for him, but the youngest totally did the opposite, asking it loudly. It was added with his evil grinned then, it was done in exaggerated way to call for a whack on his head and Chanyeol eventually did it, harshly whacked Sehun’s head.

 

“You think?” Chanyeol replied the youngest question with a question. Raising his eyebrow, he leaned backward and encircles his hands on his chest, waiting.

 

“I don’t know. For me, I think both of you will have no more complicated relationship, but, but, the idea of you to stop argue is a big no for me.”

 

“And why did you say something like that, Oh Sehun-shi? We can do that; instead I will lead her to stop any quarrels though!”

 

“Because you will miss it,” with that, the younger stood up, pats his shoulder several times and leaves him there, might be going back to the waiting room since he was never be a part in the tribute performance. What did he mean? Chanyeol thinks until the winkles of his forehead showed up. He tried, but there was no answer could come out at that time. Wait, does the younger doubt him before? Saying that, he would fail to have a peaceful relationship was obviously asking for some punch though.

 

But, why does he have to prove anything to Sehun? He scratched his nape, wonders the reason for himto prove it, to prove towards Sehun that they would be fine without any argument, or they would be fine with an argument? Sehun never parts of it anyway, so the idea to include him in anything related to him and Nana was not very incredulous. Chanyeol stopped at his thought, should he add one more person as his advisor? He chuckles, it looks like everybody loves Nana and Chanyeol’s relationship, told them that they are meant to be yet there were too many people in charge for the advisor though. It was not like he does not like it, but, he shook his head, he does not know whether he likes it or not. Sometimes, he feels that having them to advise him was totally fine but sometimes, it was vice versa.

 

 

 

 

“Are you ready, Chanyeol-ah? Takes a deep breath and just go for it. Remember that, you’re doing this for a reason. So, show Nana that you’re being serious here. Even though it is our tribute performance, coaxed her, saying that she shouldn’t be sad anymore through this song. Fighting!”

 

Chanyeol nodded, takes a deep breath before muttered something, “What if I fail?” That makes his knees became weak, honestly if he fails, he does not know what else to do. It was like his last idea to coax her, even though he does not do much before. So, he really hopes Nana would be fine after she heard that song and watched him. Speaking of Nana, she did not text him back or pick up her phone whenever he called her. Is she still hurts? Why does he ask for something obvious? Obviously, she was hurts.

 

Sighing, he walked to the stage when the staffs told them to get ready. His mission for that night are coaxing Nana with his singing skill, telling her that she should forgive him and he would try to heal her broken heart through a song. It seems hard but to give up, he could not because Nana would be extremely hurt as he already told her to watch their performance. He hopes, she could gasp his message through it. Hopefully, silently he prayed before closing his eyes, gets drawn to the song, singing it special for Nana.

 

 

“Is it for me?” His frowned face grew lighter he leaned on the door, chuckles when the others bored a gaze at him. He leaned on the door, watches the latter that sit at the edge of the makeup table, cautiously crossing her legs, grabs the hand cream on the table and puts it back after she saw the brand for it. Nana and her obsession towards makeup, she still has time to observe the type of that hand cream even though she obviously asking him a question just now.

 

“You think, is it for you?” He replied, still watching her under his scrutiny and smiling when the others started to making a fuss. Obviously, they have audiences and it was including EXO’s stylists, managers and makeup artists, watching them intensely and not to forget the EXO kids too.

 

But it was not like her first time there, hangs out in their waiting room when she was sneaking to meet him when he had a comeback this year, so she knows them equally.

 

“I come here expecting that it is for me but if it is not for me, I think I shouldn’t be here. And I sneak to be here just for a while though yet I’m trapped in this waiting room. These kids…” She glances at the youngest line and clicked her tongue when they grinned, raised their palm as a sign of apologized and winked at him afterwards. Knowing those naughty , he knows that they were either force her to stay there or they found her sitting somewhere to watch his performance and they kidnapped her, shoved her into their waiting room.

 

“What did they do?” he asked, tried to compose himself and act nonchalant when the others urged them to discuss it somewhere else. It was not like he does not want too but she had no sign to move at all. Might be, feels a little irritated with the , as he could guess they were doing something to trap her in the waiting room while the latter obviously did not like it at all.

 

“I found noona there, at the backstage when you’re performing so I thought it will be a cute idea to drag her here. She refuses and she wants to go home but I think, noona shouldn’t go home without meeting hyung first,”

 

Tao answered on her behalf, excitedly tells everyone. Chanyeol laughed then, gained a glare from her and he brushed it off with another laugh. “Indeed, it is so cute,” he said then, walked towards Nana who seems pouted at everything.

 

“Right, hyung? I know you’ll like it,” Tao, since he does not know everything, he could do whatever he wants and Nana would let it slide, without going to scold him or anything. “Sehun and Kai helped me when noona wants to run away,”

 

That is, the really knows how to cooperate whenever they were so into something and for now, he thinks they wants to her to meet him and the idea giver must be Sehun since he knows all about them. He would at least thank them after this and treat them with something of course. Sehun was doing a good job; as a matter of fact he thought that he would face some hardship in order to meet her yet they were loosening his hardship.

 

Clearing up his throat, he stopped in front of her, causing a ruckus again when he beckoned, ascended down and trapped her with his hands on both of her side so that she could not run away from there. She looks uncomfortable with it yet he enjoyed the sight of her unstoppable movement, widened her eyes and grimaces when the others voice echoes again, continuously teasing her. Nana was already blushing when he narrowed down their gaps.

 

In fact, he does not care if they ended up discussing everything there but the fact of her flush face making him taps the side of her thigh, asking her to follow him. She raised her eyebrows in confusion, still taking time to process his instruction. Chanyeol chuckles then, her face was priceless at that time and she was acting cute without she realized it. He grabs her hand, intertwined her fingers with him and pulled her away, causing a loud fuss again.

 

“Don’t go noona!” The screams started to echoes, but he chose to ignore it. It was that, they just want to , is that right? No, it was not a tease, he reasoned, they were the source for his low confident level. For instant, seeing their mocking face at that time, evilly grinned at him makes Chanyeol became nervous for unknown reason. Did they tell her something when they were trapped her at the waiting room? Knowing the , he could guess that they must spill anything for her though. But, but why should he feels nervous? It was not like he did something wrong? Indeed, no need for him to feel nervous and worry at all.

 

 

“So, is it for me?” He puts his arms on the steels and leaned his chin on it, shivers when he feels the cold from the steels. Obviously, it was already winter at South Korea and the fact; he turned and looked at Nana who was shivering under her thin layer of clothes. The idea of having a discussion at the rooftop was beautiful but the cold season was ruining everything. In a matter of fact, he also wearing a stage outfit, a dark black coat and that it is, even he does not cover with a thick coat to keep warm.

 

“I ask you to not wearing this thin layer of clothes. Why didn’t you at least, listen to me for the first time? It was too cold outside, come here,” he emphasized the words at least- because Nana never listened to him anyway, stressed it a bit to show her that he was being serious there. He clicked his tongue when Nana mocking him, told him that he was kind of old-fashioned boy. Seriously, it was not about style or fashion sense though, for her sake it was about common sense, a sense to wear thick clothes at winter season.

 

“I know for a woman, you have a very conservative mind but it is not about fashion here, it is for your health,” he said, hushed her when she opened , to retort back of course. He added, “by the way, what are you doing there? You’re far from me, come here.” 

 

Gestured Nana to come closer, the latter just ignored him and still, standing far away from him. He huffed, louder, and smiled afterwards, trying to ignore his arisen feeling of annoyance. Be patience, the keyword was patience, the only thing that he could at least prevent from shouting or yelling. Though, he was a bit, a bit, no, he was very annoyed with her though. He closed his eyes then, think Park Chanyeol, she just want to annoy you, to test your level of being honest. He smiled after that, little does he admits that Sehun was right. It was like both of them could not stand the idea of not quarrels for a day.

 

“What will you do if I’m not going to you?” She asked, raised her eyebrows at him and he just chuckles, see, even Nana could not handle to not bicker with him though. He could see the twinkles in her eyes, waiting in anticipation, just to see whether he wants to get angry at her or not. She was different, very different from the other girls yet he loves it.

 

“Stubborn!” He casually exclaimed, in a matter of fact, he does that while walked towards Nana, causing her to walk backward and stopped when he already towering over her, looming and staring moodily at her. He notices, she wants to act nonchalant from the get go and staring at him back but only for a while as she avoids any eye contact, her shoulder shrugged and shivered.

 

He smirked and laughed then, causing Nana titled her head, questioning his sudden laugh. He raised his eyebrows, no need to ask it since he was having fun to . The latter pouted, making him ascended down and peck her lips, not once but twice.

 

“Tchh, can you make it easy…”

 

“What? Kissing you, I’ll make it easy. Come here,” He butted in even before she finished her lines, waiting to see some blush on her face and yeah, he got to see it. Nana grimaces in shy, pinched his arm and puckered her lips. He cupped her face then, “Don’t do this. You’re making thing easy for me. I know you want to kiss…” He yelped in pain- just a fake one actually when Nana softly kicks his legs, warned him to not say something like that.

 

“I come here expected that you’ll seek for forgiveness yet you’re having fun teasing me. Done, I’m so done with you. I’m going back; I’ve a morning schedule tomorrow,”

 

“Oh, really but before that lets keep warm first,” he said then, pulled her for a hug, tightly hugging her and kissed the side of her nape. Her warm body makes the shivers go away, replaced with her sweet scent from her.

 

“Excuse me, Park Chanyeol shi. I haven’t listen to your apologies but you dares to hug me tightly like this. Say it right now, texting is not enough and insincere,” she mutters under her breath, Chanyeol groans and bites her shoulder, caused the latter gasped in shock. She brought her hand to her shoulder, carefully caressed it and he pulled away from their hug.

 

“I think I need more times to arrange the words. “

 

“Is it for me though?” He raised his eyebrows, the same endless question from her but he does not answer it yet.

 

“What?”

 

“The song,”

 

He hummed, his lips when she pinched her gaze on him, a little nervous when she keeps quiet. He said something then, expected her to say something in case, just in case to see whether she was being angry or not. “I don’t know what to say towards you. I keep thinking, can I just casually talk to you, forget that I’m hurting your feeling? But when I last saw you, you’re more hurting than before. The way you behave, the way you talk, I could sense the sad voice hiding there. You know, I am not good, I can’t be good but I beg to differ, I want to tell you that I will act better. I promise to act better but when I saw you just now, I don’t know the teasing come out naturally. I shouldn’t do that, really. I’m sorry, for everything. Sorry for hurting you and for taking too much time to apologies. “

 

He stopped, heaved a deep breath, looks at Nana who seems like she was drown in her own myriad thought, thinking or might be processing his words.

 

“I…” He paused, the cold wind makes his legs shaking and his mouth was numb, prevent him from talking again. Slowly, he grabs her, wants to pull her away and get out from the rooftop, it was too cold but she jerked her hands from him, stopping him from pull her. Chanyeol cleared his throat, glances at her who sweetly smiled at him. He narrowed his eyes; it could not be this easy right?

 

“Let’s go out first. It is too cold here and you’re not wearing a thick coat,” He urges Nana then, extended his hand for her but the latter just ignored it. Yeah right? It was not too easy to coax her, she was damn stubborn.

 

“Say who are just walking here with his suit. Yes, I’m cold so warm me then,” she pleads, opened both of her arms widely, waiting for him to hug her. “Faster, I’m cold. Aishhh, I should’ve listen to your nagging, wearing a thick coat instead of this two layers clothes. It is not enough to keep me warm,”

 

He laughed then, pulled her for a big bear hug before change his mind and hugs her tightly, enough to keep her warm as she wants.

 

“Thank you!” Nana mutters under her breath, patted his back several times and moves her body to the left and right, still attaching to each other like that.

 

“For what? I should’ve the one who say that,” he replied, Nana keeps silent, and he pushed her slightly, to pull away from their hug, to talk and to look at her eyes.

 

“I don’t know. This is the first time someone sings for me just to coax me and it is something new, at least for me. But why that song? I mean, why did you choose that song? I’m curious…”

 

“I want to tell you that I’m not worth your tears. So, don’t be sad because of me. Mean, cocky, arrogant, and bully, tell me, I’m more than that. I could not offer you anything instead of my silent affection. Though, it’s tiring to keep bickering but I can’t help it. I never be like this with other girls though, with you I show you more of my dark side. You know, people tend to say that I’m sort of happy person but they did not know that happy person also have a dark side. With you I could not hold anything instead I just let everything out.”

 

She frowning, might be does not understand his long explanation even for a little. It seems like she had a hard time to grasp everything.

 

“Which part you didn’t understand, baby?” He asked, locked their gaze when she looks at him.

 

“It is not like I don’t understand it but it is complicated. You say something like that, should I be grateful or should I scare of you?” She asked then, innocently titled her head to the right side, a forefinger on her chin and humming, thinking for the real answer.

 

He chuckled at her innocent question. Indeed, should be grateful or scared of him?

 

“You can choose both, depend on the situation,” He answered; touch a tip of her nose before land a kiss on her cheek.

 

“indeed, but I think I’ll be scare of you,” He flinched when she said that, looking at her only to find the grinning plastered all over her face also a twinkles in her eyes.

 

 

“Are you okay, now?” he encircles his hands on her waist, trapped her around him, letting Nana to readjust his tie.

 

“Not until you did what I ask,” She answered, still immersed herself in adjusting the tie, he looks down, jaw dropped when his tie was totally messy, it got different from before though. He chuckles, helping her to do it.

 

“What?” He bored a soft gaze on her, waiting for her to answer his question. Nana tapped her palms on her chest, recheck her final touch on the tie and proceed to encircle her hands on his neck. He raised his eyebrows, curious with her little action.

 

“Here,” She leaned closer, closing her eyes while point out her lips. Chanyeol laughed before beckoned down at her, puts his lips on hers and it lightly. Slow and steady. But the words slow and steady could be use for a while though. Nana pulled him closer, biting his lips slightly to deepen the kiss. He surrenders, let her win for a while but back to dominate it, nudging the inner side of , coaxing and massaging it.

 

And, he was succeeding in coaxing her. Honestly, frankly speaking, the way we did something to make someone happy, to gain back her or his trust does not matter, but the sincere feeling, the honesty is important. To do something like that, as a person like him is hard but he tried, as hard as he tried, he knows Nana is forgiving him for that, for keep trying, for not reluctant to give up-hmm keep it as his secret when he tells someone that he wants to give up, forget it since he promised to do better.

 

“Nana,”

 

He called for her when they break the kiss, hugged each other. The latter hummed; lazily create a shape on his shirt, silent.

 

“I love you,” She stopped whatever she does at that time, and giggles before saying something, in a slow voice, almost like a whisper for him.

 

“Me too,” But he heard it though. He smiled, relieved because the problems was already settle. Now, he could focus on trying to be a gentleman for her. Is it suitable him though?

 

 

The End

 

A/N:

Finally, done, I’m done! Haha.. This story, the title, the foreword and all, all of it are so random; it’s coming out of nowhere and yeah, it does not match at all. The title did not match the story at all, so I ask for forgiveness. Huuu…

I’m trying to keep back in track, to write something matches the title but I fail miserably. Sigh!! Anyway, forgets about the title and foreword and enjoy this instead.

Till then, thanks for subscribing, waiting and dropping your comment. Have a nice day everyone