Accidental

Da Capo al Fine

ACCIDENTAL

a note that is not a part of the key signature


 

One week has passed and it is time to go back to the reality. To my reality. One week is not enough though. The resort has too much to offer. The vacation is beyond spectacular. However, mom keeps on asking where Mrs. Kim is, and dad keeps on looking for Mr. Kim. I’m left unsatisfied to just leave because of my unfinished conversation with Minseok about the competition. I try to look for him but I cannot find him. He’s not in the reception area where I first saw him. He’s not in the garden where we talked. He’s not in his piano room where he relaxed and expressed his feelings through playing. He is nowhere to be seen. Not only him, but his entire family are nowhere to be seen. Even though my family want to bid goodbye, we are unable to. My parents are trying to contact them but they’re not picking up. We just left with heavy steps because we aren’t able to see each other one last time.

 

***

 

My room feels like a sanctum because of the aroma of my morning coffee. This invigorates my sleeping spirit.  Hallelujah. I douse more liquid coffee creamer, the more the merrier. Every single day after we came back, my body is longing for a warm cup of coffee, which I haven’t taken a single sip during our one week vacation. 

 

Once in a while, a thought of the competition is striking me. What will happen? Will it be my solitary performance? Is Minseok coming? Why didn’t I ask for his number? My parents are teasing me so I don’t have any guts to ask them for his number nor his parents’. Should I just sneak in their room and look through their phone? I could but no one got time for that!  

 

I go down to grab more coffee. When I get back, I blast my favourite music onto my ear, of course! Every word of the song is killing all the happy vibe. My oak study table haven’t moved in a while, it is still placed beside the window. I take a seat and sing loudly accompanied by the singing wind beneath the sunshine with the soft blow of the gale. The blow shawls my face. My sixth sense never let me down, I can feel someone opens the door, and I’m right! Mom is there. I bet I didn’t hear her knock because the music is blaring.

 

“What do you need?” I say in guttural tone. A queer stare of my mom means a tacit suspicion. My eyebrows furrow with a mundane look and a subtle grimace. “What is it?”

 

She smiles and blinks like a tremor at me as if she’s teasing me. “Your package has arrived.” The wideness of her smile seemed a gleam of light is coming from .

 

“Don’t bring my hopes up.” I put back my right earphone.

 

“But what is it downstairs? I think it’s yours.” She beckons with an ingrained grin.

 

This is driving me crazy. I pull the little loud thing out of my right ear. “Really?” I’m quiet expecting a package but it just got shipped yesterday, so it’s impossible to arrive today. But I believe that nothing is impossible. In my impractical side of my brain, a parcel to get into our mail box the day after it’s shipped is conducive. Probably, today, it will dot a period to my illusions. My enthusiasm is making me scamper. My mom is following me. Thank you mom for your concern, I need your help I may passed out once I get to touch my package.

 

I stand there nonchantly. I don’t know what to feel. I don’t if I should be glad or livid. My expectation abruptly veers from 100% real to 0.5% real.

 

“Why is your face like that? Are you that surprised that I’m in front of you?” This unexpected visitor murmurs.

 

“I didn’t know-” I pause. The situation hasn’t sinked in. “How come you’re here?”

 

“His parents asked your dad where he can stay.” My mom says from my back while caressing the staircase railing. “But I told them that he can just stay here.”

 

“But, there’s a hotel nearby.” I’m pissed off. I’m part of this family too, Mom. This is a unilateral decision. Minseok is a stranger for us. We just met him once and my parents want him to stay here. I’m opposing. He may be a kidnapper or a thief, who knows? Can anyone side me?

 

Without any further ado, yes, it’s Minseok. The same Minseok who is elusive a week ago.

 

“Where’s the piano?” Minseok’s puffy cheeks are protruding.

 

Don’t disturb me because I’m judging him for wearing sky blue and white striped long sleeves and a beige walking shorts plus a teal beanie. Hold up, is that a clutch bag? The clutch bag is quite acceptable though, not bad.

 

I can feel my chest goes up and down like a ball dribbling. “It’s in my room.”

 

“Should I unpack my things?” He pulls up the handle of his luggage.

 

“What?” I shrug. “In my room?”

 

“No, my things.”

 

“In my room?” I’m getting paranoid. “Unpacking your things in my room?” I’m paranoid.

 

“No!” he defensively hollers, “I’m asking if I can unpack my things so we can start practicing or composing in your room after.”

 

“Why in my room?” My back is cascading sweat. I deflate.

 

“You said the piano is in your room.” His luggage is getting rolled.

 

Every time he talked, my answer is breaking apart. There’s something inside of him that does this. I watched him while my mom is directing him into the guest room. Praise the heavens and the earth that the guest room is located mars away from mine. I stomp back into my chamber.

 

***

 

To put away or not to put away? There are some pictures hanging on the string and suspended on the wall. Some photographs are in the picture frame waiting to decrepit. The fervor on the date the photo was taken may have been buried deep in the abyss of staleness and ambiguity. How do I explain these to Minseok? What if he asked about all of these mess? I pulled out the drawer underneath my oak table and lots of stuffs greeted me. They made their quarters here since forever. Music sheets forgotten due of time hiding beneath my old music book lessons. The sky is foreshadowing a rain. I huddle my pillows and stuffed toys together. I’m still conflicted what to do about the pictures. The piano is a bit dusty but it’s still functioning and I arrange the music sheets on the music rack with delicacy. I blow the dust sheening on the picture frame and spot no trace of fingerprints. Three knocks and the door unlocks.

 

“Hey!” Minseok seems cheerful today.

 

I quickly put down the frame I’m holding. I almost drop it onto the ground.

 

He points at my piano. I feel sorry for him because he will compose in this crappy old piano I have. This instrument is not as big and shiny as his. “This is just nothing compared to yours.”

 

“No! A piano is a piano.” He opposes. “I need a piano but I don’t need a new or expensive piano to compose a piece.” My face goes blank. Am I getting a lesson in here or what? “You need your fingers, your mind, and specially your heart. Expensive piano is just an accessory.” He explains and my jaw drops to hear that from a professional pianist. I was like Oh.

 

“Here’s the chair. I’m going downstairs to get some coffee. Do you mind some?” My eyes are staring at everything except at Minseok.

 

“Yes, please.”

 

“But hold up” I set aside my awkwardness ten miles from here, “I want you to know that I’m not gifted with your talent. Expect nothing from me, but my beautiful voice.”

 

“Beautiful voice?” He laughs.

 

“Don’t mess with me now.” I roll my eyes.

 

***

 

I’m about to step my foot on the stairwell, holding the two mugs of coffee and I feel something is coming.

 

“Babe.” He utters.

 

A faint sweet whisper triggers my ear. Holy . Why now? “Babe, why are you here?” I smile oddly.

 

Why is everyone popping like a mushroom in this house? First, Minseok. Now, him.

 

“Who’s there?” Mom’s voice finds its way out of the kitchen. She walks out while wiping her hands to see who has arrived. “Sehun! I haven’t seen you for a while.”

 

Sehun is working miles away from here. He found a job while we are in the peak of our relationship; the honeymoon stage. I can’t let him turn down the opportunity. So our relationship is inevitably taking the path of long distance for almost a year now. He comes home every week or two and spends most of his time with his family and just dropping by to see me. I want to spend every single second of my life beside him but destiny seems to have taken that away from me, from us.

 

“Ma’am!” Sehun goes directly to my mom to hug her. He calls my mom as “Ma’am” for dual purpose because Ma’am sounds like mom. Get it?

 

“I’ll let you guys talk. I’ll go back to the kitchen.” Mom excuses herself and disappears quickly like a bubble.

 

How do I handle this situation? Mom, help me! I stand like a soft stone statue.

 

“Why do you have two mugs?” He looks at me in the eye with an unwary smile.

 

I tremble, “Ah! It burns,” the hot coffee drenches my hand.

 

He grabs the other mug and then he tenderly grasps for my hand and wipes the back of my hand with his shirt and blows onto it.

 

“Thank you, babe.” I his walnut coloured hair.

 

“Be careful next time. Not every time I’m here to take care for you.” He gently holds my chin and pecks me on the lips. “Let’s go upstairs.”

 

I’m panicking inside my body. Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Holy ! Not in my room. Please! Holy ! Holy ! But what am I stressing for? I’m not committing any sins but why am I like this? It will be hard to explain this situation. The dread is haunting me when he once opens the door. Holy ! Holy ! This is too late to set aside. I call Sehun and ruse him to stay downstairs but I fail, he keeps on walking. I would rather swim in the pool of hot coffee than be in the same roof with these two men. I’m unable to the anything but to follow him. Danger: Catastrophe ahead.

 

Sehun is extending his hands onto the knob. My heart is about to jump off the bridge if it can. One, two, three. The door finally opens and I can feel my body is turning inside out while being skinned. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! He enters casually. Did he see Minseok? I’m about to passed out. My breath is cold. The clouds are about to pour its evaporation. The clock is ticking without stopping.

 

Minseok rises from his seat. “Sehun?”

 

What is happening? They know each other? I didn’t expect this. I’m expecting a huge tornado in my room but what is this? A sunny day?

 

Sehun strides towards him. “What are you doing here?” He offers his hand for a handshake, puts down the mug on the table and then he gazes at me. Being two years with him, I know that he’s angry inside.

 

“We’re about to compose a song.” Minseok’s eyes are getting tiny as he smiles.

 

“For what?” Sehun’s tone perceives the tension.

 

“The competition.” I reply for Minseok to extricate himself from this pot of boiling quarrel. The dark atmosphere is smearing between me and Sehun.

 

Sehun’s eyes are as fiery as the sun. “Why him?”

 

“Why not?” I’m scared. I’m nervous. It’s a mixture of unexplained emotions. Danger: Catastrophe ahead. I’m expecting a ramble between them but it turned out that it’s a day of arguing with my boyfriend. Sit down and relax because this may be awarded as the “love quarrel of the year”.

 

“Minseok, can you please excuse us for a minute?” Sehun looks at the window instead looking at Minseok.

 

“Yes.” Minseok feels the sudden change of the aura. He goes out the room immediately. Save yourself Minseok this can be World War III, or not.

 

Sehun gets a hold my wrist. My gaze is deflecting his eyes. He is breathing firmly and his stare is glued to my face. Is he more livid than jealous? Or is he more jealous than livid?

 

After scanning my face for a while he says a word. “What are you both doing here?”

 

“I told you. For the competition.” I draw away my wrist from his grip.

 

“The competition?” Sehun’s tone is furious. He seizes my wrist again.

 

“I asked you before if you can be my partner but you said you have work, you don’t have time for this and your work is your priority. What else do you want? It’s you who made the choice!” I gently holler. I’m trying to stay compose.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” His grip is getting tighter. “Is this some sort of secret?”

 

I pull away my wrist in his control. “Babe,” I feel vulnerable, I sit down on the piano bench. “You’re busy. Every time I call, it’s all directing me to your voicemail.” I train my eyes into the frames filled with happiness. My eyes shed tears without knowing the reason.

 

“Why are you crying?” He asks in a weak voice. I think this is the frailest tone he delivered.

 

“I don’t know.” My tears keep on flowing. “We only meet once in a while and we’re fighting. It felt like I’m not important to you anymore.”

 

He bends down in front of me. “Babe, no. That’s not true.”  He wipes the tear cascading on the right side of my face and pushed back the tendrils of my hair. “Why did you feel that way?”

 

“You don’t have enough time” I snivel, “for me.”

 

“Is that why you’re steering your attention to Minseok?” Sehun is always like this if he’s getting jealous. Am I digging my own grave here?

 

“Babe.” I look at him. He’s staring into the moist of the rain on the window. “Stop, don’t bring Minseok in this.”

 

“Are you protecting him?” He stomps off his feet and raps his fist onto the wall like a gavel.

 

The boom from the sky is like the aversion of the situation in my heart. “Are you jealous?”

 

“Babe!” He swings his head to look at the clock. “Don’t change the subject. What do you want?” I’m poking his arm. This ingrained mannerism is always showing up when I’m not okay. “Do you like Minseok than me?”

 

“No. Stop bringing Minseok up!” I swerve my body completely avoiding any part of his body in my vision.

 

Silence. The eye of the storm.

 

“Then how long will you guys compose?” He breathes deeply and he gingerly wags my shoulders to face his body.

 

“Babe, it’s just for a week.” I’m still not looking at him; my eyes are looking at the floor.

 

“Where is he staying?” He almost shouts, attempting to supress his anger. I remain silent. “I said where is he staying?”

 

I don’t want to tell him the truth but I consider myself a faithful girlfriend, “Here.”

 

“What?” My response causes him to inflict.

 

The tears are gushing out my eyes. “I don’t have a choice.” I sigh firmly while rubbing my eyes.

 

“Babe, this is too much.” His elbow is leaning on the cold window and his head is against his arm. I can hear his whimper.

 

I reach for his arms but he diverts. He pushes back his hair out of frustration. He sighs so deeply that can make all the dust from the piano sweeps away.

 

“Mom and dad decided on it.” I hold his fingers instead and caress it. “I’m sorry.”

 

The storm appears to veer its direction to somewhere only it knows.

 

I stand up and secure him in my arms. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know that they come up with that. I thought he’s going to stay at the hotel but mom didn’t let him.” I whisper while my head is on his shoulders. The upper side of his white V-neck shirt is wet with my unstoppable tears. “I’m sorry.”

 

Sehun embraces me back so tight. “I miss you.” He kisses me. Our lips are against each other’s lips for ages. The drop of the rain on the roof is the mere noise I can hear.

 

I pull away. “Are we okay now?”

 

“I’m sorry.” He says and smiles so sweet like a saccharine candy. “Ma’am and Minseok are waiting downstairs. Let’s go down.” His arms are circling my waist.

 

“Are you leaving?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll say goodbye to Ma’am and head off.” He squeezes my hand and pecks on it. He starts walking out the room. When he hears that I’m not walking behind him, he looks back.

 

“You go first.” I say voiceless.

 

“Aren’t you going down?” He says while holding on the doorknob.

 

I point my red eyes. “No.”

 

This feels just wrong. Why isn’t he angry? Well, I guess our relationship is in this stage where fighting is a blasé thing. We’re tired of shouting and arguing. Let’s end this. But I am so attached to you, I can't let you go. Someone please open the gates of this prison.

 

***

 

The torrent of the rain finally stopped pouring but it keeps drizzling. Too many things have happened today! What a day! I place my earphones back in my ears and sit down on the chair of my study table. I need a break. As the melody starts to play, a knock blares. GOSH! “Come in.” The door opens and it’s Minseok. I completely forget about Minseok.

 

“Can I go in?” Minseok is sneakily holding the door like I’m a tiger. He seems scared or whatever.

 

“Yeah.” I nod.

 

He shuts the door. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m okay. I forget about you, I forget about you waiting downstairs.” I arrange the pencil on the top of the table.

 

“Sehun told me it’s okay to go up.” He’s gesturing while explaining. Are you okay, Minseok?

 

“He told you that?” I’m shock.

 

“Yup.” Once he stands near me, he looks like he wants to ask something awkward, “Did you guys fight?”

 

The cacophony of silence has smothered me.

 

“Silence means yes I assume?”

 

“Yeah.” I back the top of my hair. “But we’re fine now.” My eyes are glued at the table.

 

“I guess I came the wrong time?” He sounds sorry.

 

“What?” Minseok, it’s not your fault. His sudden remark makes my head turn to him.

 

“You and Sehun fought because of me? I think.” He jokes seriously.

 

I point the piano bench, gesturing him to sit down. “He’s always like that. It’s always like this. He’s always getting jealous over small things.” I sigh deeply. “I guess if our love story is adapted into a movie, it will only have a half star rating because it’s too cliché.”

 

Before he can say anything else, a lightning strikes at a distance. A beam of light is opaquely visible through the translucent glass window. “Are you tired of him?” He questions me again.

 

I sigh heavily. Is this some sort of interrogation? That's a rhethorical question, I guess?

 

“Then why don’t you break up with him? Do you still love him?” He’s arranging the music sheets leaning on the music rack.

 

Love? It faded? “I don’t know. I’m not sure.” I’m holding on to the spare music paper and I can feel my heart beat in my thumb through the thin paper.

 

The clasping of the paper seems so loud. “What kind of answer is that?”

 

“Mr. Minseok, are you a connoisseur of love?” I laugh under my breath.

 

“If I were you, I’ll leave him. You don’t want his affection, you want skinship.” He turns around to talk to me eye to eye. “Don’t waste your time. Don’t be like me.”

 

“Don’t tell me what to do. We are not close. I didn't even know you. This is just our second meeting.

 

“I thought I love her but I realized love is not about kissing, hugging, name more skinships. Those are the extras of love.” Minseok had a girlfriend? Doesn’t feel like it. “But the main ingredients of love are understanding, loyalty, closeness, commitment and acceptance.” He keeps on blabbing rich words. I’m surprised that I’m actually listening to him. “But we kind of miss that part.”

 

I look into his eyes with so much I-don't-give-a- stare but of course, as you are the son of my parents, fine, I'll let this one slip. “So that’s the reason why you left her?” I said like I care. I don't like talking about love because I'm kinda sick of it.

 

“Not really.”

 

“Then why?”

 

He claps his hand once, I’m startled. “Let’s start this thing! Or we can just move composing the song tomorrow if you want.”

 

He changes the subject. Okay, I understand. Let’s mark the previous pages unread. “No, we only have one week left.”

 

He turns his back from me and I can see his elbow and arms moving getting ready to play the piano and starts to pressing the keys and stepping on the damper pedal.

 

“Minseok?” I call him.

 

“Yeah?” He keeps on playing without exchanging glances.

 

I pretend myself looking and scribbling on the blank staffs of paper. “How did you know Sehun?”

 

“His job is near the school where I’m teaching.” He answers right away.

 

“I see.” I left my answer hard to reply back.

 

After thirty minutes of him exploring new harmonies which sound amazing and jaw dropping and me scrawling possible lyrics, I unexpectedly remember about the coffees. “Yeah! Right! Our coffee!” I shout. The thought electrocuted my whole body.

 

He stops on playing. “I forgot about it already.”

 

“It’s now cold and insipid.” I said in sad voice. “My precious coffee.” I copy a crying little girl.

 

“Just like your relationship with Sehun.” The piano resonate a forte of dissonance. “Opppss. Sorry. I didn’t strain my words.”

 

I laugh even though it’s not funny.

 

***

 

The sun has set and the moon has risen. The whistle of the wind is strong and notable. I can hear mom’s footsteps before my door. She twists the doorknob, “Your dad is here. Let’s eat dinner. Minseok, come.”

 

Without any words, I scamper downstairs to welcome my dad and the food prepared by mom. Minseok? He can take care of himself.

 

My dad is already seated on his usual spot. Mom is getting some rice. I try to catch Minseok’s glance to tell him to seat beside me but his eyes are into the direction where my mom is.

 

“Sit down, Minseok.” My dad says while pointing at the seat beside me.

 

I’m called as a woman with no words while eating. Mom and dad keep on asking Minseok about his life. Minseok can’t even chew on his food properly due to the flood of questions they are throwing at him. Poor Minseok.

 

“The day after we met, I can’t reach your dad. Where are you guys?” Dad asks while chewing on his salmon.

 

“Sorry about that. I got sick and I’m in the hospital and my parents took care of me.” Minseok smiles while munching on his food and his eyes curves like a crescent moon.

 

“Are you okay?” Mom asks.

 

“I’m fine now. No need to worry.” Minseok assures everyone that he’s doing great.

 

We end our peaceful and bountiful dinner. Well, it’s peaceful for me; I’m not too sure about Minseok.

 

***

 

Dad is watching television while mom is washing the dishes. I’m reading a book which I can’t thoroughly understand because the sound of the television is distracting me but I keep on reading anyway. I can see Minseok is solving the rubik’s cube. “Coffee? Anyone?” Mom is hollering from the kitchen.

 

“Yes, honey.” My dad hollers back.

 

“Minseok. Can you please help me carry the mugs?” Minseok hurries to the kitchen. Good boy.

 

Why can’t I understand anything in this novel? I run into my room to get my earphones and when I come back down, the coffees are set on the center table. I don’t feel drinking some coffee today but there are four mugs ready.

 

“Honey, what’s up with the world? Why is the news like that?” Mom is showing her annoyance. Her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Calm down.” Dad grabs a mug and gives it to her. “Even the world is like that I still love you.”

 

I don’t know how to react. But mom is blinking like a baby. It’s too sweet to handle. I smile and giggle.

 

Minseok stirs his coffee, “Sir, how did you know that your wife is the one?”

 

“I love her.” Dad gulps his coffee. “Actually, you can’t say if she’s the one until the both of you say I do. Always remember that, Minseok.”

 

“Are you asking a girl?” Mom interrupts them.

 

“No, I just want to know.” Minseok denies using his hand.

 

Dad calls me. “I heard Sehun came here this afternoon.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“How’s your relationship with him?” 1… 2… 3… interrogation time with dad 101.

 

“We’re okay.” I’m awkward. I prefer to talk about this without any guest but why now? Why when Minseok is listening? Please, can we talk about this never?

 

“They fought.” Mom taps him from the side.

 

“How did you know?” I’m kind of embarrassed that she knows, it’s just I’m uncomfortable.

 

She points at Minseok. “Minseok told me.”

 

I look at Minseok and he suddenly smiles. Asking for forgiveness, I guess?

 

“Did you cry?” Dad asks me with a serious face.

 

The answer is yes, but I can’t tell the truth. No words are coming out from my mouth.

 

“Where is that Sehun? He needs some lesson to learn!” Dad rises from his seat and is getting ready to start a war.

 

“Dad! Stop! We’re okay now. It’s just misunderstanding! That’s all. We talked about it. It’s over. We’re okay.” I’m defending my boyfriend with all my might. I’m panicking. Holy .

 

“What misunderstanding?” The tension intensifies.

 

I really want to teleport in the galaxies, please take me out of here. Save me from this boiling hot question!

 

“Sehun didn’t know that I’m here.” Thank you Minseok for explaining for me. Thank you for saving me. Thank you! I can cry. “And he saw me in her room. We’re about to compose at that time. Well, if my girlfriend had a guy in her bedroom without me knowing I’ll probably smack that guy without hearing his or my girlfriend’s explanation. But Sehun asked her first before doing anything. That shows that he trusts her.” I take back what I said earlier, I’m thankful that Minseok is here and we’re talking about this. Thank you Minseok, you saved my life. I sigh in relief. Hallelujah!

 

“That explains everything. Don’t be mad at Sehun.”

 

Dad sips his coffee and mom calms him down. I mouthed “Thank you” at Minseok.

 

I watch him stirring the coffee. “Here you go,” he is handing me the mug, “Just think of this as the compensation of the insipid and cold coffee earlier.” He laughs and I can see the gap between his teeth again.

 

“Thank you.” Even though I don’t feel drinking, I’ll accept it because he rescued me.

 

We continue watching. The ruckus earlier is forgotten. Everything is back to normal.

 

“Do you like my daughter?” Dad bursts out from nowhere while we’re in the middle of watching a drama in the television.

 

What the ? I said in my head, because really what the ?

 

Minseok just laughs but with a respect. I feel sorry for him for being in between the walls of my dad. Dad, why are you asking a dumb question?

 

“Don’t laugh. Answer me.” My dad's voice becomes so serious.

 

“Sir, this is just our second meeting.” Minseok giggles with so much nervousness. 

 

While looking in the eyes of Minseok, “Marry my daughter.”

 

What the ? “Dad! Look at me, I’m laughing.” I burst my disgusted laugh. “Stop joking.”

 

“I’m not joking.”

 

“Dad, no.”

 

“But sir, even if this is a joke or not, there will be no marriage.” Minseok marks his words. “I will not take any participation in your decisions.”

 

“Your parents will be disappointed.” Mom says.

 

“Mom and dad knew about this?” Minseok rises from his seat.

 

“We talked about this in the resort. We want the both of you to get married. We thought you guys are made for each other.”

 

“No.” When I feel dad is getting serious, I rise from the sofa, “I have a boyfriend. Sehun is my boyfriend. I can’t break up with him. I can’t.

 

“I don’t want, sir.” Minseok is firm about his answer. So do I.

 

“I’m going to my room, excuse me.” I say to them with a big question in my head. Marriage? Thank you but no thanks. Not with Minseok. 

 

Minseok also excuses himself.

 

***

My phone starts to vibrate. “Hello?”

 

“Where are you?” I hear Sehun from the other line.

 

“At home, why?”

 

“Let’s meet.”

 

“But, you just came here earlier.”

 

“Why? Don’t you want to leave Minseok?” Sehun raises his voice.

 

“Babe! What again?”

 

“Let’s meet, I’m in the coffee shop. Just go by yourself. Don’t bring that guy.”

 

“Why would I bring him?” The volume of my voice increases. Sehun’s attitude is not normal. I want Minseok to not be caught up in this vortex. He hangs up.

 

Is this the other half of the storm and the eye already passed by? I’m so done arguing with this pointless thing! Minseok and I have nothing to do with each other in terms of an affair. Sehun is still speculating. Don’t you trust me, Sehun? His jealousy is getting out of control.

 

I grab a cardigan and put it on. I should have prepared a tank and soldiers for this war.

 

“Mom, I’ll be back.”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’ll just grab some coffee.”

 

“Then tell Minseok to go with you.”

 

“No, I can go by myself.”

 

While walking in the night, I’m asking myself how come our relationship end up like this? The wind is like my heart. The café is getting near.

 

I opened the door with a trembling hand. I scanned the café to find Sehun. Our gazes meet. I walk towards him and be surprise what can happen.

 

“Babe.” I whisper, as soft as a feather.

 

Without any word, he seizes my wrist and drags me out the shop. He keeps pulling me until he finds a quiet place and no people are hanging around.

 

“Why are you doing this?” I tug my wrist away from him. I gazed at him roughly. “I thought we’re okay.”

 

“You thought wrongly.” Sehun turns his back away from me.

 

“What? Babe! Look at me!” I writhe his shirt to get his attention.

 

“What is our relationship?” He asks and faces me.

 

How do I answer this question? My mouth is shut by that unanswerable question.

 

“Can you see it?” He asks me while looking at the ground. His hands are in his pocket like a cold man.

 

“See what?” I want to know what.

 

“See our end.”

 


CHAPTER 3 SOON


Thank you for spending your time reading this.

Comment? Tell me what you think. Upvote? 

[THIS IS THE REVISED VERSION OF MY FIRST FANFIC, THE 11933 STORY]