Epilogue

Layers (The New Guy)

There is a little bit of mature content, but it's basically a glorified make-out scene before .  If you don't want to read that, feel free to skip it, but I didn't think it was worthy of making this Rated M.


It took all of three weeks for Daehyun and Youngjae to have —some argue that for a couple that wanted to go slow, they went really fast.  It started off with a more than romantic picnic where Daehyun had spent hours preparing food and ended with ice cream and Youngjae wearing Daehyun’s jacket.  They fled back to Daehyun’s house because, though Youngjae’s was prettier, his was bigger and his bed was much comfier. When they got back into the apartment, Youngjae turned and grasped Daehyun’s shirt, smiling brightly before plastering a kiss to his lips.  It was wet and hardly coordinated, but Daehyun’s blood still boiled and he felt himself getting hotter. He wound his hands around Youngjae’s hips and pulled him flush to the former’s body.  Their make out sessions usually started lazier than this and so both of them knew that they would be going farther tonight.  Daehyun also thought about pulling away and confirming his thoughts, but then Youngjae began on is tongue and he lost all motivation. 

His knees buckled and he quickly made his way to his bed, knowing they wouldn’t be able to hold each other up much longer.  He ce inside and hit the bed first.  Youngjae stopped himself and looked at Daehyun sprawled across the bedding before straddling the elder’s hips and smirking.  It was rare to see that smirk and Daehyun’s inside churned at the sight.  Youngjae leaned down and began kissing across the base of Daehyun’s neck, up the curve—biting along the way—and permanently settling just under his ear.  Daehyun squirmed around as Youngjae kneaded the tan skin between his teeth, his mission being to give Daehyun a bruise.  Youngjae chuckled into Daehyun’s neck and bit his earlobe before sitting back up.

“I didn’t know you could be like this,” Daehyun commented breathlessly.  Youngjae simply smiled.

“Get rid of this,” He spoke, tugging at his boyfriend’s shirt.  Youngjae himself pulled away his shirt and waited as Daehyun reluctantly removed his hands from the younger’s and struggled to rid of his shirt.  When done, Youngjae plummeted back down and began kissing and biting the new expanse of skin.  Both boy used their hands to travel each other bodies.  Youngjae’s soft hands pressed against Daehyun’s ribcage gently and Daehyun took another route by gliding his hands across every inch of skin visible.  He’d settle on Youngjae’s back every once in a while and groan even more often, but he was determined to make Youngjae sensitive as well.

It seemed as if Daehyun could feel everything on his skin. He could feel Youngjae’s hands and his lips and the cold air that Youngjae would blow after he finished marking up Daehyun once more.  Daehyun moved his hands down to Youngjae hips and settled on the boy’s before squeezing.  Youngjae squealed and Daehyun smirked.  Youngjae pulled away and the two looked each other in the eyes, both pairs filled with dark lust.

“Shut up,” Youngjae commented, immediately shying up and becoming pliant.  Daehyun mocked innocence for only a second before flipping Youngjae over as cautiously as possible.  Daehyun then began to work with his lips on Youngjae’s skin, except he moved much faster.  He had bruises skittered across Youngjae fairly quickly and he travelled to Youngjae right .  He began doing just the same to Youngjae’s as he did to his skin, but gentler and soon enough, Youngjae was squirming and begging Daehyun to just, “Hurry the up.”  Daehyun grinned and kissed down the valley of Youngjae’s stomach before settling just about his pants. Youngjae looked down at him and Daehyun smiled so sinisterly that Youngjae couldn’t help but groan at the sight.  Daehyun moved back up and stopped half way.  He heard Youngjae gasp and Daehyun was curious to know if it was for how he was being teased or if these kisses just felt so good.

Daehyun continued kissing across Youngjae skin with occasional distractions and it wasn’t until Youngjae pulled his head up by his hair and sent him some sort of death glare did he decide to do something more.  He pushed his body back to where his feet touched the ground and he looked down at Youngjae’s face.  He was flushed and red and breathing heavily and he looked like heaven, but Daehyun had to make sure.  “Are you sure?”  Youngjae eyes momentarily flashed with love before he pushed himself up on his elbows and nodded.  Daehyun smiled and leaned into kiss the younger.  He pulled back with a smile and began undoing Youngjae’s pants. He gently pulled them off, leaving his boxers for extra effect and looked to Youngjae when he was done.  He moved away from the bed and took off his pants as well.  Both men were sporting a rather impressive hard-ons and Daehyun decided to make quick work of Youngjae’s.  He moved in to kiss his boyfriend once again, feeling intoxicated and was satisfied by Youngjae’s gasp when he touched his over the soft fabric.

And from there they continued, kissing each other’s mouths, and skin, and inching closer to what both of them craved.  Youngjae going pliant as Daehyun worked to please him absolutely.  Youngjae making sure to scar the former’s body with scratches and bruises and kisses that would fade into his skin in days’ time.  The date may have ended with ice cream, but the night didn’t end until both men were soaked in sweat and , heavily breathing and lazily kissing each other until one of them got enough energy to clean the both up.

~

When the morning came, Youngjae was vaguely sore and clammy.  Daehyun had done a more than quick job in cleaning up the mess before crawling back into bed and attaching himself to Youngjae.  As a result, the younger woke up in a hot sweat and felt the immediate need to shower.  If only there weren’t arms wrapped around his waist that were preventing such an action.  Youngjae wiggled and whined and groaned until he was facing Daehyun’s lifeless body, stuck in deep sleep.  His mouth was partially open and there was a little drop of spit begging to come out and Youngjae scrunched up his face in disgust.  His eyes fled to Daehyun’s closed eyes and dark skin and though he was drooling he looked so god damn at peace with the world.  He travelled down the expanse of Daehyun’s unclad chest.  His skin was darker and slightly purple in some places and Youngjae knew they were the hickies he had scattered across his boyfriend’s body.

Youngjae knew he was looking at Daehyun with so much love.  Youngjae knew he was in love with Daehyun.  He knew he would do anything for the other, but Daehyun didn’t know.  It drove Youngjae wild because he knew Daehyun loved him.  He knew last night when Daehyun mumbled it right before coming.  The older was to incoherent to pick up that Youngjae didn’t say it back.  It drove Youngjae wile because he knew he loved Daehyun, but he was too scared to admit it and he had no reason to be.

Daehyun was always the one to take the leap.  The one to make sure Youngjae was okay.  The one who Youngjae could lean on.  Just a week before, during a quiet night of drinking and take-out, Daehyun told him why he hated relationships.  After that confession, Youngjae felt guilt ride up from his toes to chill up his spin and stop in his heart.  Youngjae was just ing cautious and Daehyun had had his heart broken three times.  He hated relationships because they never ended well.  Youngjae hated them because he always grew apart from his partner.  Their reasons were so far apart and yet Daehyun would be willing to scale a building and scream to the world how much he loved Youngjae.  Youngjae couldn’t even admit his love to his love.  He was weak.

Youngjae attempted to peel himself away from Daehyun, but stopped when the deep sleeper moaned and pulled him even closer.  “Stay,” He mumbled, still asleep, but somehow aware that Youngjae was leaving the bed.

“I need to shower.”

“You smell fine.”

“I feel gross,” Youngjae whispered and Daehyun pouted before going docile.  Youngjae got out of bed and looked at Daehyun for a moment.  “I’ll wake you up after I shower so you can while I make breakfast.”  Daehyun rolled around uncomfortable in bed, but Youngjae knew that meant yes and so he smiled and fled to the bathroom, finally alone with his haunting thoughts.

In the shower, Youngjae contemplated just why he felt so horrible and realized that he wasn’t putting enough effort into the relationship.  Just what he was worried about happening with Daehyun was happening with him.  He took a deep breath and turned the water cold to help wake him up more, to help collect his thoughts.  Maybe he could do something small and romantic for breakfast.  He nodded and began pulling all his ideas together.  When he exited the shower, Daehyun was still lying on the bed and a deep sleep and Youngjae smiled once more before quietly pulling on clean clothes that he had taken to leaving in Daehyun’s apartment. 

When clothed, Youngjae quietly exited the house and rushed to the small grocery store around the corner.  There, Youngjae picked out flowers and the things he would need to make a romantic breakfast.  When he got home, he placed his purchases down and went to wake up the sleeping Daehyun.

It was difficult, to say the least.  First, Youngjae attempted to carefully wake him up.  He raked his hands through Daehyun’s hair, a smile gleaming his face for when Daehyun woke up.  “Dae . . . Dae,” He spoke his voice dripping in kindness and honey soaked endearments.  It was perfect.  That was if Daehyun actually woke up from that.  Instead, the deep sleeper hummed and leaned into the touch, Youngjae’s voice not effecting him at all.  So he was going to soft.  Youngjae spoke louder this time, his voice a bit more gruff.  “Dae . . . Daehyun.”  In response, the older boy groaned and possibly mumbled something incoherent before moving so that he left Youngjae’s grasp.  As if that’d stop him.  “Daehyun, baby, you need to get up,” He said, his hand falling onto Daehyun’s arm and shaking him slightly.  “You need to shower and then eat breakfast.”

“No, I don’t,” Daehyun said and Youngjae could barely hear it.

“Yeah, you do. Come on, get up.” Youngjae pushed a little harder and Daehyun groaned again, moving so that he was now facing Youngjae.

Slowly, he opened his eyes.  “Why?”

Youngjae smiled at the little pout forming on his boyfriend’s face.  Daehyun was whining when he was tired, but he sure was cute.  “Because,” He began running his hand through Daehyun’s hair once more, “You smell bad, and I’m a great cook so you’ll want to eat.”

Daehyun hummed, “True.”  After a moment or two, Daehyun slowly made his way out of the blanket and bed and into the bathroom.

Youngjae waited a moment to make sure that Daehyun was doing something.  When he heard an active Daehyun, Youngjae left the room and trekked to the kitchen to begin preparing breakfast.

~

It was gonna be good, really good.  Youngjae had prepared Daehyun’s most favorite breakfast foods and placed a beautiful bouquet onto the table.  It all looked so marvelous and Youngjae just hoped that Daehyun would find the sentiments in this extra special breakfast.

Daehyun came out a few minutes before food would be ready and Youngjae began panicking, but then he felt rough cloth and a bare chest against his back and he knew that Daehyun was simply saying a much more awake good morning to him.

“Thank you for waking me up,” He mumbled into the crook of Youngjae’s neck as he placed flittering kisses across the now burning skin.  “And breakfast already looks so great.”

“Your welcome, baby,” Youngjae responded, using almost all his attention to not burn the food. “Go change so I can finish.”

Daehyun chuckled, deep and before kissing Youngjae a few more times—one on his neck—and then made his way back into the bedroom.

Youngjae rushed to finish up the breakfast, pink dusting his cheeks as he did so.  Though he would enjoy Daehyun’s affection in return for his efforts, he knew that this was about Youngjae showing the former how much he loved and appreciated him.  When he finished, Youngjae rushed to the mirror handing on the wall and picked at his hair and clothes until they looked good enough.  As if in perfect timing, Daehyun walked out, looking as dashing as usual.  He was sporting a glorious pair of dark gray skinny jeans, a white tank top, and socks.  It was more than simple and his hair was slightly damp and lifeless, but Youngjae still gasped at the sight and was tempted to forgo this entire plan in favor of another round.  Instead, he shook the thoughts away, smiled, and walked up to Daehyun.

“Here’s my proper good morning,” He sighed, placing his hands on Daehyun’s hips, and his lips on the other’s.  There was a light smacking sound when Youngjae backed away.  The blush from before had come back.  He felt proud of himself for doing this, for actually showing his feelings.  Daehyun deserved it with how amazing he has been throughout their relationship.  They were going fast, he knew they were going incredibly fast, but they were still young and their feelings were true and Youngjae didn’t care.  Yes, this could end in heartbreak, but it could also stand the test of time and end in the glory of a long relationship, till death do us part.

Daehyun smiled into the kiss and it only grew when Youngjae had pulled away.  “You’re too good for me,” He mumbled before kissing his lips again and Youngjae was too nervous to correct him.

Instead, he told Daehyun to sit down as he set up Daehyun’s first plate of food.  He placed down the plate and placed his left hand on Daehyun’s shoulder.  His nails dragged across his boyfriend’s skin in a loving manner as he went back to get his own food and their drinks.  When he sat down, Daehyun immediately started a conversation.

“So, there is a little office rumor going around that Himchan and Yongguk actually went on an official date.”

Youngjae looked up at his boyfriend with a raised eyebrow.  “I sit right next to you, I feel like I would have been informed of that.  So, is it really an office rumor or did Himchan text you in full detail of what happened?”

Daehyun laughed, “Second one, but he told me to start the rumor so . . .”

“Knew it,” Youngjae responded as he dug back into his eggs.  “Not really surprised though.  I mean, I’ve been working there for almost two months and it was obvious from day two that they were at least having some pretty intense .”  Daehyun laughed again.  “So what happened?”

Daehyun took a sip of his coffee before starting Himchan’s story.  “Well, apparently, Himchan decided to finally confront Yongguk, but right before he could, Yongguk asked him out.  Himchan was so flustered that he could barely respond and after he mumbled a yes he ran out of the restaurant and sped home.”

“Oh yeah!  I remember them wanting to talk to each other after our dinner yesterday.”

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah, so after Himchan finally up his embarrassment, he messaged Yongguk and they went out last night.”

Youngjae nodded as he finished off his eggs, “What’d they do?”

“They went out to a super fancy restaurant and Himchan was incredibly impressed.” Daehyun laughed. “But they ended up sneaking out because neither of them liked the food on the menu.”

“So they didn’t pay?”

“Yeah.  They had ordered wine, but didn’t even get it before they practically ran out.”

“What did they end up doing?”  Youngjae asked.

“They went to a diner and spent like 3 hours there just eating and talking.  Himchan told me it went really well and near the end they began talking about where their relationship should be considering—you know—everything.”

“Did he tell you what they decided?”

“Nah,” He shook his head, “And I didn’t want to prod because they have always been weird with classifying things.  They left on a good note though.”

Youngjae nodded, “That’s good.  I’m kind of glad, but also nostalgic because they aren’t going to argue anymore.”

Daehyun scoffed, “They’re still going to argue.  That’s just who they are.  I mean, they’ve never hated each other or gotten into a big fight.  They just bicker, but it might diminish now that they’re probably ing.”

Youngjae ended up snorting and coughing enough to spit out his coffee on the table.  While he tried to calm himself down, Daehyun made quick work in cleaning up the table and sighing in relief that none of it got onto their food.  “Sorry,” Youngjae said in between laughs.

“It’s fine, babe.  Your laugh is pretty cute too,” Daehyun responded before bending down and pecking Youngjae really quickly.  One constant in their relationship that is still the same and possibly never going to change was Daehyun’s love and ability to make Youngjae blush.  Even the simplest of acts could make Youngjae a red hot mess, pecking being one of Daehyun’s favorites to perform.  His absolute favorite, however, were compliments.  Not only did Youngjae love them, but Daehyun loved seeing him blush when he was told that he looked really nice.  The combination of a compliment and a peck was deadly and so Youngjae quickly excused himself and ran to the bathroom, Daehyun’s chuckle ringing in his ears.

Youngjae slammed the door, albeit still gentle enough so that the door didn’t damage.  He leaned against it and took a few breaths.  To be honest, he probably could have easily just hit Daehyun on the arm and hide his face, but everything in that moment had gotten to him.  The sweet smile Daehyun splayed as he cleaned up the mess and then proceed to assure Youngjae that he had a cute laugh and then he kissed Youngjae.  Who does that?  The emotions Youngjae felt were overwhelming and so fleeing to the bathroom seemed reasonable enough.  What emotions were plaguing him?  Well love and all the horrible feelings that followed before he could admit them.  His stomach churned and he wanted to scream to the world about his love for Daehyun, but he couldn’t even whisper it to the latter.

It was astounding to feel this way and was on the verge of indescribable.  How could someone explain?  It felt like his organs were being tugged on and though it hurt it felt great.  It felt like there were butterflies in his stomach, tickling him with each flutter of their wings.  He felt weak in the knees and the only thing he wanted was for Daehyun to catch him when he fell.  He also wanted to giggle and squeal and jump up and down because holy Daehyun is so gorgeous and he loves Youngjae.  And Youngjae loves him.  Youngjae loves his laugh and how his eyes crinkle.  He loves how badly of a cook Daehyun is even though he loves food.  He loves how much Daehyun’s loves to touch him.  Even when they are at work, Daehyun likes to hold his hand even if it’s a reach.  He loves how tan Daehyun is and how takes care of Youngjae and makes sure he puts sunscreen on.  He loves all the compliments he gets and how at least once a day he’s told by Daehyun that he looks incredible.  He ing loves Daehyun.

But he chickened out and ran to the kitchen and Daehyun has no clue why.  Daehyun deserved so much more, but Youngjae didn’t mean someone else.  He meant that Daehyun deserved to be loved and massaged and told how amazing he is.  Daehyun deserved the world and Youngjae was determined to give it to him, but it might take some time.

~

All week, Youngjae had treated Daehyun with care.  It started when he asked Daehyun if he wanted to spend a few days at his house.  From there, he left lingering touches on him at work and cuddled him at home.  He kissed and complimented Daehyun and did a multitude of pleasurable things for his boyfriend.  Let’s just say that the older had a bit of a voyeurism kink which included getting s at work.

On Friday, Youngjae planned to have their weekly dinner cancelled.  Himchan said that he and Yongguk had a date and Jongup and Junhong backed out a little later, Jongup saying he didn’t feel well and Junhong talking about visiting family.  Youngjae assumed the two would order in food and play video games instead.

“Do you still wanna go out?”  Daehyun asked as he drove both of them back to Youngjae’s place.

“Mmm, not really,” Youngjae whined, “I’m tired.  Do you mind if we just order in and watch movies?  Maybe cuddle?”

Daehyun smiled, “Of course, Jae Jae.”

Youngjae beamed at the response and his eyes glimmered.  Though this was all a plan to lead up to a confession of love, he also knew that Daehyun already loved him with all his heart.  It seemed that recently, it wasn’t just compliments that could make Youngjae shy.  It was much more.  Even now, when Daehyun simply agreed to what Youngjae wanted, he could feel his heart swell with pride.  He has someone who loves him so much and after tonight, Daehyun would know he had the same.  Youngjae was willing to scream from the rooftops if that’s what Daehyun wanted.

Youngjae would do anything for him, because the smile on his boyfriend’s face is what made him feel ethereal, day after day.  Because when Daehyun grabbed his hand and soothed him when he began thinking too much, Youngjae knew that everything would be okay.  Because the feeling of nails raking across his scalp on lazy mornings made him see Daehyun as the warm sun on a rainy day, soaking up sadness and replacing it with warmth.

Today was the day, today was the day that Youngjae would tell Daehyun his feelings.  Today was the day that Youngjae would gather all his courage and open up. He’d dive into the ocean of affection Daehyun had made and drown himself in the kisses and cuddles.  Insecurities and long nights.

The night progressed as any usual date the two had.  They ordered take-out and stuffed their faces, not thinking about how the grease could make them break out.  They watched movie after movie, some drawing laughs, others drawing tears.  It was around midnight when their cuddling turned into something more.  At first, Daehyun leaned his head onto Youngjae’s shoulder and the younger thought that maybe he would be getting tired.  However, deep sighs turned into lingered pecks and in no time, Youngjae was back on Daehyun’s lap, suffocating in a kiss.

When Daehyun’s hands began wandering up Youngjae’s back, tickling his skin, Youngjae pulled away and looked his boyfriend in the eyes.  His dark, glorious eyes.  “Dae . . .” He breathlessly spoke, grabbing the others attention.

Daehyun looked worried, but then Youngjae wrapped his arms around his neck and he relaxed a little.  “Yeah?”

“I want you to know that I love you, that I really love you.”

There.  It was done.  It was out there.  He couldn’t take it back and fortunately, he didn’t want to. He felt relieved.  Not relieved like when you finally tell someone a big secret or lie, but relieved that he took the large step.  It would be easier now and he knew it. He felt relieved that Daehyun no longer wondered if he shared the same unrequited love.  Daehyun’s eyes glistened and his hold on Youngjae got tighter.

“I love you too, baby.”  Daehyun kissed Youngjae once more, softer this time.  The feverous kisses had become calming and lazy.  Both still contained lust, however.  It took some time for the kissing to pick back up fully because anytime either of them pulled away, they’d mumbled about their love for each other again; neither of them minded.

~

In all honesty, one could admit that the Daehyun-Youngjae relationship moved quite fast.  Even faster when considering that they had decided to go slow.  But one can also say that the Daehyun-Youngjae relationship was a surprise.  Who could assume that these two would get together?  Who could assume that they would make each other better people day by day?

In all honesty, their relationship was an enigma that not even God could predict, but because their very different paths met, they managed to fall in love.  Maybe you could say it was Yongguk hiring Youngjae that did it.  Or Daehyun’s persistence.  Maybe it was even Youngjae willingness to break free of his bubble, if only for a moment.

Whatever it was, it caused a ripple effect in their relationship that shook and tore down walls with earthquakes.  Or you could take the earthquakes as the rapid beat of their hearts when the other was around.  Whichever way you take it, however, Daehyun and Youngjae did end up together.  Their relationship did go fast and last long, but not even they could predict the stuns their brains and hearts gave.

They didn’t go slow.  They set their own pace and to this day, they will occasionally wonder that if they went any slower would they still be here?  Would they had ever had the courage to kiss?  Would Youngjae had ever been able to have confessed his love?

Those thoughts didn’t matter though because they were together and so in love now that even risking the thought of ending up any different was horrid.


A/N:  Ahh!!!  I'm done!!  This isn't proof-read so please forgive mistakes.

I hope you guys enjoyed this and I think this is my most popular story so far so yay!  Writing on AFF and especially this specific fic has helped my writing so much. I want to thank you all for the support you gave.  Please give me feedback, okay?  Comments are appreciated and upvotes are super appreciated!  I'm just really excited.