Chapter 1

Layers (The New Guy)

“Meeting in 10!” Yongguk called out to the small group of people.

Daehyun, who had just gotten in and set down his things, let out a sigh.  It’s not that meetings were a bore, they were usually pretty entertaining considering how much Yongguk and Himchan bickered, but he was tired.  Really tired.  Like, only had a couple hours of sleep because he was watching TV and eating cheesecake tired—if that was even a thing.

“Daehyun, what’s wrong?  You love meetings,” Jongup, a fellow coworker and friend, offered his input.  The young man sat across from Daehyun and constantly had a smile on his face.  It was really nice to see in the mornings, but today it looked disgusting.  Yeah, he was definitely tired and grouchy.

“Oh, Jongup, how can you be smiling on a dreary morning like this?”  Daehyun questioned, letting out a dreamy sigh as he flopped into his desk chair.

“What are you talking about?  It’s a really nice and warm day for winter.”

“That’s not what I mean, you twit.  I’m sleepy and tired and—”

“That’s the same thing.”

Daehyun groaned, “Will you just be quiet.  I’m older than you anyways; you should treat me with respect.”  The tan boy waited for a response, but when he didn’t get one, he decided to continue.  “As I was saying, I did not get much sleep last night, and due to that, I believe I might just sleep at my desk all day.”

“Yongguk won’t like that,” Jongup explained.

“I know, but the question is: do I care?”  Daehyun asked.

“No, I doubt you do.”

“Exactly,” Daehyun pointed his finger at Jongup before slumping his head onto his desk and closing his eyes.

“Dae, we still have the meeting—”

“Shh, we still have, like, 5 more minutes.”

“Okay,” Jongup said, defeated.  He’d just wake Daehyun up when they had to go.

When Jongup did wake Daehyun, it turned out that the older boy hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep.  “You type so loudly,” He had complained as he trailed after Jongup and into the conference room.

“Sorry, Dae.”

Both boys sat down in their usual spots and waited for everyone else to file in so Yongguk could begin talking.

“Alright, so we have a couple things to deal with, but first I might as well get this out of the way—”

“What are you getting out of the way?”

“Himchan, I was just going to say it.”  Yongguk responded, looking over at the smiling man.  God, he was too  oblivious for his own good.  Which one?  Both of them.

“Oh,” Himchan smiled, “Then go ahead.”

Yongguk sighed and held the bridge of his nose for a moment before looking up with a smile on his face.  So happy and calm.  Daehyun found himself disgusted and jealous at the same time.  “We are going to be making a website so I’ve hired someone to do that.  He’s starting today—”

“You what?  Yongguk how could you not consult me about this?”  Himchan interrupted . . . again.

“I’m your boss I don’t have to.”

Himchan pouted and crossed his arms, leaning back into the chair.  He looked like a child, a very cute, but annoying child.  “Fine.”

Yongguk stared at the child for a few moments before shaking his head and looking back up at all his employees.  “Anyways, his name is Yoo Youngjae and unlike most of us, he’ll be the only one in his section.  So, if he comes to say, sales,” Yongguk looked at Daehyun and Jongup, along with the other sales people, “Asking where something is, or for a favor, I expect you to oblige with a smile.”

“That won’t be an issue for Jongup,” Daehyun commented, slouched in his chair like Himchan was except instead of pouting he was attempting not to doze off.

“Yeah, why don’t you just assign Jongup to watch after him?”  Another worker who Daehyun didn’t know the name of called out.  A touch of anger hit Daehyun when someone he didn’t even know added onto his joke.  It wasn’t really agonizing, but it was rude.

“Because,” The boss began, “It’ll be a way for him to get to know everybody.  That’s it for now, but we’ll be having a meeting in another hour that the new guy will be running.  He’ll be asking about the company and what would appeal to costumers.  Meaning that everyone has to be on their best behavior.”  Yongguk sent a glare towards everyone.  Well, it wasn’t really so much of a glare as it was just his normal face.  Terrifying.

“I thought you said we had a couple things to deal with?” Himchan spoke up before anyone had a chance to start leaving.

“I changed my mind,” Yongguk said before fleeting into his office, Himchan chasing after him.

Jongup laughed at the scene before Junhong commented, “It wouldn’t be very funny if he sat across from you and did this all the time.”

“The hermit speaks,” Daehyun replied before standing up, not in the mood to converse.  He was a nice guy, honest, just not today.

“Sorry about him, he’s really grumpy and tired,” He heard Jongup apologize before he was out of ear range.

Daehyun made his way to his chair, ignoring anyone he passed on his way, sat at his desk and immediately slammed his end on the desk in hopes of sleeping.  Sadly, he didn’t even get close to sleeping because when the newbie came in, Himchan found it his duty to yell out, “New guy’s here!”

Daehyun groaned, lifting his head to look at the boy standing awkwardly near the reception desk.  The first thought popping into Daehyun’s head besides what the hell Himchan, be quiet was how ridiculously attractive Youngjae was.  It really was ludicrous that Daehyun found him hot.  His eyes were covered by big round glasses, making him look like an Asian Harry Potter.  He wore a white buttoned in shirt with one of those ties that was supposed to be silly, but looked horrible.  Daehyun could tell however that the new guy loved those types of ties.  He didn’t even look that great.

Daehyun’s eyes fluttered around the boy’s body, looking at how the shirt fit Youngjae in the best way possible and how his pants highlighted his thighs.  His hair was black and styled simply and neatly.  The only thing about him that didn’t seem professional was his earrings that hung closely to his earlobes.  His lips were prominent as if being pushed out and wanting to be looked at.  God, he’d like to bite those.  Daehyun’s eyes fled next to the boy’s neck, his thoughts becoming more as he imagined the hickeys that he could leave there and how Youngjae would try to cover them up, but end up failing.

A smirk found its way onto Daehyun’s lips and he stood up, ready to greet the new worker and leave a rather y impression.

“Daehyun, come to my office, please?”  Yongguk called from a few feet away before turning and walking back into his office.  Daehyun groaned, slightly aggravated about his plans being postponed.

“Yeah, boss?”  Daehyun asked once into the room.  He sat down on one of the chairs and waited for Yongguk to speak.

“You know you have a record for sleeping with employees, right?  You’re most famous for one-night stands,” Yongguk spoke.

“So?  What’s wrong with having fun?  Daehyun asked.

Yongguk sighed, “Nothing, but when you do it with coworkers and leave them infatuated with you, it becomes a problem.  They don’t work, instead, they dream of you sweeping them off their feet.  If they confess, you reject them and they quit.  It’s annoying.”

“Your point is?” Daehyun asked, wanting to leave and make his way to Youngjae who was currently chatting shyly with Himchan and Jongup.  How cute.

“My point is that you aren’t allowed to sleep with Youngjae.  I don’t care what kind of magical you have, but you can’t sleep with him.”

Daehyun’s head whipped from the window to Yongguk, “What?”

“No sleeping with him.  In fact, if you could be an to him that would be even better,” Yongguk explained.

“You can’t expect me to do that, right?  He complained, sounding vaguely similar to Himchan.  “He looks like he’d be such a sub though, what a nice fuc—”

“Don’t,” Yongguk held up his hand.  “My word is final and you can’t and/or flirt with him.  Basically anything that could make him like you.”

“But what if I just talk to him and he likes me?  I’m pretty hot, you know?”

“Then refuse his advances.  I need him, he’s one of the top programmers for computers and I want him to stay here.

Daehyun sighed, “Fine.”  He walked out of the office with a frown, but it turned into a smirk once he left Yongguk’s office.  He didn’t have to do what Yongguk said, it wasn’t his fault all those people fell at his feet him.

Daehyun sat down at his desk, forming a plan to get to spend time with the new guy out of the office so Yongguk wouldn’t interfere.

“. . . And here’s your desk!”  Himchan cheered, to which Daehyun looked up.  The empty desk that lined up with Daehyun’s and Jongup’s was empty, but it seemed like it wouldn’t be for long.  Daehyun looked up and Youngjae and smiled.  Perfect.

“O-okay,” Youngjae fumbled with his words while looking at Daehyun.  Even better.

“We can transfer anything you need here, but we didn’t know what a smarty like you would want so we left it alone for now,” Himchan spoke, oblivious to the staring contest Daehyun and Youngjae were currently having.  He looked at Youngjae, however, when the boy didn’t respond.  He followed his eyes to Daehyun and perked up even more.  “How rude of me!  Youngjae, this is Daehyun, but most people call him Dae.  Dae, this is the newbie, Youngjae.”

“I-it’s a pleasure,” Youngjae stuttered, holding out his hand for Daehyun to shake it.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Daehyun spoke, gently holding Youngjae’s hand and lifting it to his lips, giving the backside of it a risky and small kiss.  The boy’s cheeks heated up instantly as he pulled his hand away quickly.

“Okay . . .” Himchan spoke, wishing he wasn’t here for this situation.  “I’ll just leave you to get settled.  You have the presentation in an hour.  I hope that’s enough for prep.”

Youngjae nodded, “Thank you.”

“No problem,” Himchan smiled before leaving the two alone.  Suddenly, Daehyun was very glad Jongup was on his break.

“Welcome to the office,” Daehyun said, the smirk on his face only becoming smugger.

“Yeah, thanks,” Youngjae before taking a few glances around before spotting what he remembered to be the conference room.  “I should go prep.  See ya.”  Youngjae gave a small wave before fleeing to the conference room, bag and posters in hand.

Daehyun starred, bewildered as Youngjae left and quickly closed the conference room door.  He then shut every single blind in the room.  What the hell?

“Looks like I won’t have to worry about Youngjae falling for you, huh?” Yongguk commented, his usual smile being turned into something comical and sinister.

We’ll see about that, Yongguk.

~

Daehyun made sure to sit in the center of the front row during Youngjae’s meeting.  It was about the format of the website and what fellow workers thought would be needed to interest more people to buy our products.  Daehyun, who was intently listening to the newbie, found it his need to constantly raise his hand, forcing Youngjae to call on him.  Every time he added something about what should be on the website or asked a question about how something else would go, he could swear he saw Youngjae’s eye twitch.  Either way, he always had a glint in his eyes and smirk on his lips.  Surprisingly enough, his coworkers tended to agree with him by nodding and mumbling something about how it was a smart idea.

Daehyun realized throughout the meeting that Youngjae had quite a nice voice to listen to.  It wasn’t really deep, but it was masculine and calming.  Daehyun ended up wondering what it would sound like if it was out Daehyun’s name.  Maybe it’d become a high-pitched whine, or would Youngjae be more of the groaning type?  Yet, the employee had to sadly push that thought away in hopes that he wouldn’t get a during work.  He ridded himself of the trance Youngjae’s voice seemed to have put him in and then began focusing on what everyone was actually discussing.

“. . . So I want to put up an extra page with short profiles of all of you.  Of course, we will need your consent, but it would make buyers feel more welcome and personal with the person they are talking to.  It will just be short, for instance, a picture of you, your name, and position.  Maybe even for certain cases we can add even more for relating to customers.  Are you a family-man, things like that?  That way, customers can talk to someone they can compare to.”

Daehyun, who had to admit that this idea was fantastic, was in awe at what was in front of him.  The previously shy boy who had greeted him had turned into a confident man who knew exactly what was going on.  No stuttering, no blushing, just courage.  Now, it had taken a while for Daehyun to realize that Youngjae was, in fact, confident and brave, but Daehyun quickly took note and hoped to use it to his advantage.  Maybe he’d dwindle the brave man down into a blushing mess, maybe not?

A smile grew on his face and he began drowning out Youngjae again before deciding that listening to Youngjae talk about what he did for a living could be useful.  He was going to be working next to Youngjae, anyways.  It would be a crime if he didn’t talk to the newbie about what he was doing.  A crime.

“Well, right now, these are just basic ideas though I have a good idea at what you would all want,” A small smile grew on Youngjae’s face, the indented lines from his smile reaching far up and making his rosy cheeks even more prominent, “I hope I can accommodate for all of you and I will try to have a sample finished to show you all before seeing if this is what’s best.  You can all leave,” Youngjae finished, the smile disappearing as he grabbed his posters and bag, immediately leaving.

Daehyun, who seemed to be the only one to notice Youngjae’s facial change, followed after him, ignoring how the boy didn’t even spare a glance at Daehyun unless it was needed the whole time.  Why wasn’t he the center of attention?  Why wasn’t Youngjae sparing glances at him?

“So, what was that?”  Daehyun asked when he had caught up to the employee.  He shoved his hands in his pockets, warming them.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun with a surprised face, not expecting someone to follow him, before shaking his head and pulling out an aggravated demeanor.  It was the same he had when he was leaving the meeting.  “What was what?”  He asked, though the curiosity in his voice was missing.

“The angry face you have on.  What’s wrong?”  Daehyun followed Youngjae out of the building, his brain beginning to wonder where they were going.

Youngjae stopped for a moment and turned around.  “If you must know, I am the best at what I do.  Having workers who sell, count money, and help customers criticize me is embarrassing and disrespectful.  What do they know about computers, most of them probably can’t even count to ten?  I can do my job and do it perfectly; the only thing they are supposed to tell me is what will make people buy your product, not that they think the color scheme isn’t good.” Youngjae whipped his head back around and fled to the elevator, Daehyun right on his tail.  He pressed the button and huffed out a sigh when Daehyun stood next to him.

In all instance though, Daehyun was at a loss.  He only provided useful information, but he couldn’t help, but feel guilty.  How could he make Youngjae feel better?  He didn’t need the guy angry when he was trying to screw him.  You know, unless Youngjae was into angry .  Daehyun saved the thought in the back of his mind, hoping to explore with it later.  The older boy didn’t speak until they were already out of the elevator and heading to Youngjae’s car.  He grabbed the boy’s arms to stop him.  He was obviously angry and it seemed that he walked incredibly fast when he was like this.

“What?”

“So you’re saying those people are dumb, right?”  Daehyun questioned.

“Yeah, their stupid,” Youngjae confirmed.

Daehyun hid the surprise on his face, Youngjae was much more confident and to-the-point than he previously thought.  “Then let me help you with something.  Our customers are dumb too, and I have to spend around six hours trying to talk to them every day so I would know.  That means, if a dumb employee notices something that a smart guy like you doesn’t even care about it would end up being to your advantage, because that means the dumb customers will catch it too.  So, while you couldn’t care less if the background is blue or purple the dumb customers and workers will.  Who knows?  Maybe it’ll influence them to buy or not?  We do need all the money we can get.”  Daehyun shrugged and sheepishly smiled, hoping Youngjae would calm down.  Though please don’t think of him as caring, he just wanted to Youngjae.  And, to do that, he needs to be on the guy’s good side.

Youngjae frowned, though it looked a little bit like a pout, “People are dumb.”  Cute.  He turned around, slower this time, and walked to what Daehyun assumed was his car.  He unlocked the car and opened the back doors, putting his posters inside.

“Don’t you need those?”

“No, they’re all up here,” Youngjae tapped his head.  “And if I forget,” He leaned into his car and pulled out a laptop, “I have this.”

Daehyun nodded before following Youngjae back into the building, into the elevator and back into their company office.  The two did this all in silence, including when they walked to their desks and sat down, beginning to work.  Daehyun finally his measly computer, but as he waited, the tiredness he had previously felt came back in a crashing wave.  He laid his head onto the desk; lying to himself by saying he would only be resting his eyes while his computer started up.

Next thing he knew, however, his eyes were closing and he was finally getting some sleep.  It was a long fight of tiredness, but hopefully, the outcome would be all that greater.

He must have slept for a couple hours because Jongup was kneeling at his side, face to face.  “Daehyun, you’ve been asleep for a while and I don’t want Yongguk to catch you, so can you get up?”

Daehyun, who had planned on nodding and pushing himself back up, instead groaned and mumbled something about the dream he was having.  It was something about bears jumping on a bouncy road.  He always had weird dreams at work.

“Dae, I really need you to get up.”

“Five more minutes . . .”

“You’ve been asleep for 3 hours,” Jongup pleaded.

Daehyun risked opening his eyes again, but immediately squinted due to the light.  “Jongup, I’m tired.”

“I know, Dae, but you need to get up now.  Okay?  You can’t get fired,” Jongup explained, hoping that Daehyun would just wake up already.

“Mhm,” Daehyun mumbled before getting up and blinking repeatedly to adjust to the fluorescent bulbs above his head.  He looked over at Youngjae while stretching and couldn’t help but smile when he saw how hard the newbie was working.  His eyebrows were furrowed and hidden under his glasses, he was leaning in close to his computer while furiously clicking on things, his eyes were twitching from left to right as if noticing everything at a faster speed, and his left hand’s fingers were slowly kneading his lower lip.  It seemed like the boy didn’t know he was mushing the soft lips, but Daehyun found it incredibly attractive so he wasn’t about to point it out.

Daehyun yawned and rotated his spine back into its normal position.  He took in a deep breath before turning on his computer’s monitor and hooking up to the program for keeping track of his sales.  There were none for today so far and the day was already half over.  The tanned boy pulled up a list of people he could call, rubbed his eyes, picked up his phone and began dialing the first number.  His brain ran through his lines as the phone rang, waiting for someone to pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Hello M’am, I’m Jung Daehyun of . . .”

~

Needless to say, it wasn’t hard for Daehyun to fall back asleep when he got home.  He slept through the whole night, only getting up twice to grab the nearest food he could see and go to the bathroom.  His alarm rang at six AM and Daehyun dragged himself out of bed and into the shower.  No, he wasn’t going to be as tired as yesterday, this was just morning grogginess.  The worker went through his daily routine of showering, washing his face and applying multiple cosmetics to it, changing into a simple suit, grabbing something to eat (like a bagel and coffee), grabbing his things and heading out the door, ready for another day of work.  Today would be different though.  He was awake, flirty, and ready to get Youngjae to love him.

Daehyun arrived at work before Youngjae and trailed to his desk, setting up everything he needed for the day.  “Good morning,” He said to Jongup, looking up at the younger who had just arrived.

“Morning, Dae, you more awake?”

“Yeah,” He smiled, his grumpiness from yesterday easily vanishing and being replaced with his usual charming self.

“Good, because Yongguk saw you sleeping yesterday and you are going to need all your energy for that,” Jongup sighed before turning back to his computer.

As if right on time, Yongguk called Daehyun into his office for the second time this week.  Daehyun turned his head to look at Yongguk before turning back to Jongup.  He sighed and got up from his desk, making his way to his boss’s office.

“Yes?”  Daehyun asked as he walked inside the room and closed the door.  He sat down in one of the chairs before putting his right leg over his left and clasping his hands.

“First, I saw you sleeping.  Don’t ever do that again,” Yongguk began, “Second, I saw you flirting with Youngjae.”

“Flirting?”  Daehyun asked, obviously playing dumb.

“You kissed his hand and followed him out to his car.”  , Daehyun didn’t know anyone had seen that.  “I don’t know what you were talking about out there, but I want you to stop it.  Ignore him.”

Daehyun scoffed.  “You already saw how he ignored me to go set up for his presentation yesterday.  I doubt he’ll change just from one conversation.”

“But he will from multiple, charming conversations.  So, I’ll say this one last time: do not flirt with Youngjae.  You got it?”

“Yes sir,” Daehyun joked, saluting his boss.  The younger flashed a smile before standing up and walking out of the office, not even waiting to be dismissed.

His smile grew into a smirk as he exited the office and noticed Youngjae already setting up his things.  Yesterday, he sent a list to Himchan of the things he would need and they just arrived.  Daehyun watched as the boy fluidly set-up all electronics as if he already knew what everything did and where it would go.  Though, he probably did because of his job.  The tanned boy came to his desk and sat down, sparing occasional glances at Youngjae who was organizing everything perfectly.  He was a clean freak.

“Good morning, Youngjae,” Daehyun finally spoke when he noticed how focused the boy was.

Youngjae looked up from his desk with a surprised face.  “Morning,” He said before pushing his head right back down to what he was looking at.

Daehyun sighed and looked over at Jongup.  “Hey, I was thinking we could take the newbie out for drinks to welcome him.”

“I’m not new to this town,” Youngjae commented while continuously working.  How could he do that?  Daehyun could barely manage focusing on work in general let alone hold a conversation.

“So?  It’d be like a bonding time for you and a couple other workers.  Jongup, Junhong, Himchan, me, and you.  What do you guys think?”

Jongup looked up with the usual smile on his face.  “I think it could be fun.  Maybe we should just go to dinner though.  Junhong and I don’t drink very much.”

“Cool,” Daehyun said, just happy that Jongup agreed so then it would sound like he wasn’t very desperate.  “We can go to T.G.I Friday’s sometime.  What would be most convenient for you, Youngjae?”

“Not going,” He mumbled.

Jongup laughed at that, “Come on, it’ll be a good break and we can bond.  How about Friday?  Around eight?”  Daehyun sighed in relief when Jongup entered in on the push to get Youngjae to go out.

“My car is getting fixed,” Youngjae explained, still not looking up from his work.

“I can drive you,” Daehyun immediately volunteered, not giving Jongup a chance to offer.

“I don’t know if I can though—”

“Nonsense, Youngjae!  I promise you won’t regret it,” Daehyun pressured, refusing to give up on a chance to see Youngjae without Yongguk.

Jongup nodded, “Yeah, I’m not taking no for an answer.  You two exchange info for driving, I’ll go tell Himchan and Junhong.”  Jongup stood and walked away, leaving Daehyun happily, alone with Youngjae.

“I know what you’re doing.” Youngjae immediately said once Jongup was gone.

Daehyun tilted his head, “What do you mean?”

“Cut the crap, sleaze-bag.  I can tell you’re trying to get in my pants, and it’s not gonna happen,” Youngjae practically growled before turning back to his computer and typing something in to it.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Youngjae.  I’m just trying to be kind,” Daehyun argued, hoping the lie was only clear to him.

Youngjae just scoffed at the comment, deciding to ignore Daehyun.  Yet, Daehyun refused to ignore the younger.  The curveball just thrown at him could ruin his whole game.  Youngjae wasn’t interested right away, but Daehyun had to find out a way to make him interested.  Flirting was definitely not working, so Daehyun and Youngjae would have to get close.  Really close.  Daehyun was going to have to learn everything about Youngjae.  What makes him happy, sad, angry, giggly, bashful?  Daehyun was going to have to know Youngjae like the back of his hand, and he was absolutely ready for it.

When Jongup came back, the smile on his face was still plastered there and he immediately said that both Junhong and Himchan were up for dinner on Friday at eight.  He told both Youngjae and Daehyun that Himchan would be driving him and Junhong so Daehyun didn’t have to worry about driving anyone else.  A smile, similar to Jongup’s, found its way onto Daehyun’s face as he nodded an okay.

Around lunch, Jongup grabbed Daehyun by the hand and dragged him out of the company office, claiming that he was craving a sandwich.  When they got into Daehyun’s car and onto the road, Jongup began talking.

“I expect you to be on your best behavior on Friday,” He commented while looking at himself in the mirror.

“What do you mean?”  Daehyun asked, squinting his eyes to read the name of a street.  He should get new contacts.  Man, Daehyun hoped Youngjae never got contacts, his glasses were too cute.

“I’m talking about how you are going to be alone with Youngjae.  I don’t want you ing it up with him and have him be terrified of you.  I want to be his friend, but I’m already sadly associated with you,” Jongup spoke, his voice become sterner that usual.

“I’m still older than you, you can’t tell me what to do.  What ever happened to respect your elders?”

“And what ever happened to ual harassment?”

Daehyun sent Jongup a glare before pulling into a parking place.  “Alright, I won’t it up with Youngjae, whatever that means,” Daehyun promised.

“Good,” Jongup ended before opening the door and getting out of the car.

~

Throughout the rest of the week, Daehyun subdued his advances on Youngjae and instead settled for asking him small questions and being friendly.  Now, the questions were quite idiotic and useless to most, but Daehyun took note of every answer.  He remembered that Youngjae really liked chocolate and meat, he listened as Youngjae groaned and ranted about how dumb some of the requests about website pages were, and he even noted how Youngjae could be really loud and playful when he was in a good mood.  One of Daehyun’s most favorable quirks Youngjae had though, was how he always held his bottom lip in between his left point finger and thumb, kneading the pink skin when he was most concentrated.  Overall, Daehyun realized that Youngjae hid a lot of his real personality while at work.  He wanted to uncover it, he wanted to uncover every little part of Youngjae until he was left with someone who depended on him not to share all his secrets and loves.  He wanted Youngjae in the palm of his hand, and then hopefully in his bed.

Luckily enough, Daehyun wasn’t called back into Yongguk’s office for talking with Youngjae, meaning that Yongguk thought they were only having small talk.  Along with that, Jongup and everyone else didn’t seem to notice when he made small flirtatious comments at Youngjae that made him blush and look down at his desk.  They were usually along the lines of complimenting him or commenting about something he was doing that Daehyun remembered he had liked.  The younger usually ended up blushing at those, realizing that he only mentioned in small times that he liked those things.  His face always screamed How do you know that? before he’d blush at how well Daehyun was getting to know him.

After work on Friday, Daehyun leaned up close to Youngjae and asked him for his address.  “So, where do you live?”  He practically whispered in the boy’s ear.

Youngjae flinched at the action before blushing and pulling out a sticky note.  He quickly scribbled down his address and handed it to Daehyun.  “Here.”

Daehyun smiled and starred deeply into Youngjae’s eyes.  “I’ll come get you at 7:40,” He explained before glancing down at the paper and back up at Youngjae.  “See you soon.”

“Y-yeah, see you soon.”

Daehyun turned and left the younger boy, the smile on his face turning into something more wickedly.  There was that stutter Daehyun missed so much.  He just figured out what made Youngjae stutter.  The kiss on his hand, the whispering in his ear.  Seemed like Youngjae enjoyed close contact, and Daehyun was sure he could easily give him that tonight.  It’s not like he would mind getting close to Youngjae, even cuddling sounded pleasurable when it would be with Youngjae.

When Daehyun got home, he trailed into the kitchen and grabbed something to eat; he then flopped onto the couch and the TV, thinking he could watch a show before he’d have to get ready.  When the show finished, Daehyun dragged himself into the bathroom, fixing everything that looked bad to him.  He swooped his hair perfectly again, re-applied a few more cosmetics, and spent the next 20 minutes perfecting eyeliner.  At work, he rarely put on the dark make-up, but tonight was an exception.  He wanted to look so good that Youngjae would be in awe at his appearance.  Daehyun changed into some casual clothes that he wore outside of work.  He put on some black, skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt before searching around for some more clothes.  He eventually found a plaid, button-up and pleather jacket that he put on.  Finally, he finished the outfit with a maroon scarf and white van shoes.  He smiled at his appearance in the mirror before grabbing his phone and wallet.  Daehyun trailed off to his computer, Youngjae’s address in hand.  He entered the address in his computer and searched around the map that came up.  Daehyun didn’t notice the smile that grew on his lips when he saw how close Youngjae lived to him; it was just a few apartment complexes over in fact.  Daehyun closed the tab and headed out to his car, starting the ignition and driving the short 5 minutes to Youngjae’s house.  The tanned man parked in front of the building and buzzed where Youngjae said his room was: 4G.

“Hello?”  Daehyun could hear Youngjae ask over the crappy speaker.  It didn’t even sound similar to his real, silky voice.

“Hey, it’s Daehyun, I’m here to get you,” He replied.

“You’re early, wait in your car.  I’ll be down soon,” Youngjae said, Daehyun finally noticing that his voice was a little panicked.  Daehyun looked down at his watch and noticed he was 15 minutes early.  Oops.

“Awe, but it’s cold.  Come on, just let me in!”  Daehyun whined, wishing Youngjae could see the cute pout on his face.

“Ugh, fine,” Youngjae groaned before Daehyun heard another buzz and the front door click open.

“Thanks,” Daehyun spoke before leaving to enter the warm apartment complex.  He walked into the elevator and rode up the fourth floor.  Daehyun then exited and wandered around to find Youngjae’s room.  When he knocked, the door was immediately opened and left by an anxious Youngjae.  Daehyun stepped inside and looked around, taking in the warm feeling of Youngjae’s apartment.  Not only was it warm, but it looked so family friendly that Daehyun could puke.  His house was basic where as Youngjae’s was cluttered with pictures and paintings littering the walls and blanket and pillows on couches.  It was smaller than Daehyun’s place, yet it felt better, like it would cost more.  It was probably just the décor that made that effect though.

“Just sit and wait, okay?”  Youngjae said, interrupting Daehyun’s trance on the house.

Daehyun nodded and sat down as Youngjae rushed into the bedroom.  “Why are you in such a hurry?”  Daehyun asked, raising his voice so Youngjae could hear him.

“I fell asleep on the couch and woke up only 15 minutes ago,” Youngjae explained.  “I had to shower and do a couple other things so I’m running late.”

“Don’t worry,” Daehyun assured him.  “The restaurant is 15 minutes from here so you have 20 minutes and then it’s not a big deal if we’re a little late.  They’d probably just blame it on me because they assume I’m such a fashion diva.”

Youngjae popped his head out of the bedroom.  “Thanks,” He said with furrowed eyebrows.

“No problem,” Daehyun said, giving a smile in Youngjae’s directions.

Youngjae went back into his room and rummaged around for a bit before coming out with an outfit on.  He came out in a polka-dot button up and letterman jacket along with skinny jeans.  Daehyun admitted that it did look nice, but it was too much.  “How’s this?”  Youngjae asked, rotated for Daehyun to get a good look.

“Eh,” Daehyun responded, standing up from his seat and inviting himself into Youngjae’s bedroom.

“What are you doing?”  Youngjae asked as he watched Daehyun rummage through his closet.

“Finding you a better outfit,” He explained, looking through the various items, hoping to find one that would make Youngjae look as good as Daehyun thought he had potential for.  As he searched through the multiple items, Daehyun could feel Youngjae’s eyes roaming over him as if seeing to make sure he would be a good stylist.

“You are wearing eyeliner,” Youngjae finally commented.

Daehyun turned his head to him and smiled, “Yeah, I am.  I like it, but I usually don’t put it on for work.  Do you like it?”  Daehyun leaned in closer to Youngjae to give him a better view.

Youngjae backed away and blushed at their close proximity, “It looks really good,” Youngjae practically whispered.

“y, right?”  Daehyun asked while turning back to the clothes to spend a long time looking at a sweater.

“Y-yah, be quiet and just pick an outfit.  I don’t need you flirting with me,” Youngjae defended.

Daehyun laughed at the comment and pulled out the sweater he had been looking at.  “Wear this with those jeans,” He said before trailing into Youngjae’s bathroom and looking through all his things.

“What are you doing?” Youngjae repeated like before, while he took off his clothes and put on the sweater.  He walked to the bathroom to see Daehyun fidgeting with his hair gel.

“Ugh, hair gel,” He mumbled before turning to Youngjae, “I think you’d look good with sea salt spray.”

“What?”  Youngjae questioned, now understanding why the other guys called Daehyun a fashion diva.

“This should do though.  I’ll buy you some sea salt spray, you’ll love it.”  Daehyun then grabbed Youngjae’s hair dryer and messily dried his hair, not caring which way it ended up.  His hands combed through the boy’s hair, pushing the hair to the sides he wanted.  Daehyun then putt some gel in his hands and mushed Youngjae’s hair around to get it all to stay in place and increase its volume.  Daehyun smiled at his handy work and washed his hands while Youngjae admired himself in the mirror.  He really did look great.

Daehyun turned around and took in all of Youngjae; he leaned over and adjusted the sweater so part of it settled just above Youngjae’s belt.  Because of that interaction, when he looked up, Youngjae was blushing and immediately walked away, hoping Daehyun didn’t see.  But he did, he sure did.

“You ready to go?”  Daehyun asked, walking up to Youngjae who was admiring himself in the mirror.  Daehyun had a smirk on his face as he settled his hand on Youngjae’s shoulder.

Youngjae span around to look at Daehyun, “Y-yeah,” He mumbled.

“Cool,” Daehyun said before turning and making his way out of the apartment.  Youngjae followed behind him as if he didn’t know where to go, as if he hadn’t lived in this apartment for the past year.  His mind was clouded with thoughts of how kind Daehyun was being, along with how flirty he was also being.  Youngjae couldn’t focus on anything, so he settled for trailing behind Daehyun and hoping the thoughts would go away soon.

Daehyun had opened the car door for Youngjae which made the boy even more quizzical and caused him to look down and avoid Daehyun’s gaze.  Daehyun closed the door once Youngjae was inside and made his way into the car, starting it and pulling out to head to the restaurant.  During the drive, Daehyun tried to make conversation with asking Youngjae about himself.

“What’s your favorite color?”

“Blue.”

“Oh, what college did you go to?”

“I went out of country, you wouldn’t know it.”

Daehyun smiled at Youngjae, refusing to acknowledge how he was answering every question with short responses.  He just continued down the road, asking Youngjae more questions, hoping to get to know the younger.

Youngjae, on the other hand was debating whether to throw Daehyun out the car or himself.  For one, the tanned boy was annoying Youngjae so much that all Youngjae wanted to do was push him away, but the small, stupid questions also forced Youngjae’s heart to flutter.  Despicable, right?  Due to the constant, rapid, beating of Youngjae’s heart, Youngjae’s found himself wanting to escape this torture by jumping out of the car and running back to his house, ready to move.  No, he would not deal with these dumb emotions.  Stupid Daehyun.

“Youngjae, we’re here,” Daehyun spoke as he waved his hand in front of Youngjae’s face, smiling like the dork he was.  It wasn’t cute, it wasn’t cute at all.

Both men got out of the car and made their way to the restaurant, Daehyun rambling on about how much he loves this place and Youngjae wishing that the cold air didn’t make his cheeks even pinker than usual.  He didn’t want Daehyun to think he was blushing, of course!  Which he wasn’t doing, no, definitely, not.

“Jae-Jae,” Daehyun teased, “What’s with you today?  You’re so out of it!”

When Youngjae’s brain finally focused again, he was staring at a smiley Daehyun and an open door.  “Thanks,” Youngjae mumbled as he walked into the room, being immediately greeted by warm air and three excited boys.  How flustered he was didn’t even give him time to tell Daehyun not to call him Jae-Jae.

“Youngjae!  I hope Dae treated you okay,” Himchan greeted, taking Youngjae’s hands in his and checking for what Youngjae assumed to be hickeys.

Daehyun, who was still standing behind Youngjae smiled, “Don’t worry.  I didn’t give Youngjae hickeys.”  Daehyun looked at Youngjae and winked, “I don’t think he’d let me anyways.”

“Damn right he wouldn’t,” Jongup laughed from next to Junhong.

Youngjae, frozen from how weird this situation was, looked at all the people in front of him.  He took in their out-of-office outfits and how they were all smiling as if they had been long lost friends.  They didn’t seem like such great friends during work, if anything it was just Jongup and Daehyun who were friends.  Though Youngjae did have to admit that he only really saw Daehyun and Jongup interact because he sat right next to them, he only ever talked to Himchan on his first day and when he said hello while passing the older man on his way to his desk.

Wow, he really didn’t know anyone here except for Daehyun, and that wasn’t something he was too proud of.

Suddenly, the boy found himself being pushed towards their booth.  Youngjae, flustered from being distracted again, immediately sat down and scooted in towards the middle, not even noticing that the only person left to sit was Daehyun and that the two would have to sit next to each other all night.  Perfect.

Youngjae hid his head in between in menu and began looking at the food, hoping that tonight might go by faster.  Daehyun, who had been watching the boy with a smile, decided to start one of his plans.

“What are you getting?”  Daehyun asked Youngjae, pulling the menu down to see the younger boy’s face as he leaned in closer.  Automatically, a blush grew on Youngjae’s face as he looked between the menu and Daehyun.

“I-I don’t know,” He finally sputtered out, his eyes cautiously settling on Daehyun’s.

“Have you ever been here before?”  Daehyun then asked, looking down at Youngjae’s menu before back up at the person in front of him.

Youngjae nodded slowly, as if taking in everything around him, especially Daehyun.

“What do you usually get?”

“The C-California Sub, no Tomatoes,” Youngjae mumbled, in a trance by how calm Daehyun was.  It was as if flirting was a second nature for him.  In reality, it probably was.

Daehyun scooted in closer, “That sounds good, you should get it.”  Daehyun giggled.  Yes, giggled.  “Then you should give me a bite.”

“W-what?”

“Oh, come on, I’ll share with you too!  I’m getting the steak.  So, what do you say?  Wanna share?”

“Don’t do it,” Jongup finally interrupted.  “Daehyun just really likes food.  He’ll take your’s, but then won’t share with you.”

“Jongup!  Stop ruining my plan,” Daehyun joked, smiling at how his friends took his obvious flirting as him just trying to get Youngjae’s food.

Youngjae, for one, was absolutely confused.  He wasn’t flirting?  He just wanted food?  The boy found himself staring back down at his menu, ignoring everyone and looking for something to eat.

“Look what you did,” Daehyun complained, “Now he’s never gonna share food with me!”

“He was never going to share with you,” Junhong spoke up, “You were just going to eat it all.”  To that, Himchan and Jongup began laughing.  It even surfaced a little scoff from Youngjae.  Daehyun, opposed to the others, was not laughing.

Instead, he pouted, “Fine, bully me, whatever.”  Daehyun crossed his arms and hit his back on the booth like a child.  Everyone began laughing, including Youngjae, until Daehyun leaned his head on Youngjae’s shoulder.  This caused the boy’s beautiful laughs to cease, and instead, a blush grew on his cheeks.

At that moment, their waiter finally came and caused everyone to stop laughing and luckily, Daehyun sat up.  The waiter asked what they wanted to drink, everyone either ordering soda or water.  Soon after, the waiter left when Himchan told him that the group needed more time to pick food.  After the waiter was gone, Daehyun went back to Youngjae’s shoulder and smiled.  “So, what are you getting?”

“I guess the California sub,” Youngjae responded, successfully not stuttering, though he was pretty sure his blush was quite evident.

“Good choice,” Daehyun said before closing his eyes and snuggling into Youngjae’s shoulder.

The younger boy just sat still, too shocked to move and push Daehyun off him.  God, he really wanted to push him, but then again, he didn’t want to be the reason they got kicked out of the restaurant. When their waiter came back with drinks, he also took everyone’s order, taking a little longer to look at Daehyun, who was still snuggling with Youngjae.

Why wasn’t anyone else commenting on this?  Why were they just letting this happen?

“Alright, coming right up,” The waiter finished before walking away and leaving the group to themselves.  Himchan, Junhong, and Jongup continued to talk about this and that as Youngjae found himself staring at the sleepy Daehyun.

“What are you doing?”  Youngjae finally asked after building up enough courage.

“Hm,” Daehyun hummed as he slowly opened his eyes and smiled.  “Imagining what snuggling with you will be like after I screw you all night.”

At that statement, Youngjae immediately backed up into Himchan, the blush on his face growing even redder.  Daehyun’s head hit Youngjae’s thigh and he got up with a groan.

“That hurt,” He pouted as he looked at Youngjae who was still clinging to Himchan.

“What is going on?”  Himchan asked as he watched the boys.  Daehyun looked at Youngjae with a cute face that was just begging to be squished while Youngjae looked like he was about to piss himself.

“Can I trade seats with you?”  Youngjae asked, detaching himself from Himchan.

“No,” Himchan said, “I don’t want my food stolen, that’s why we made sure to have you two sit together, because you didn’t know about how he loves eating.”

Daehyun laughed at the comment before pulling Youngjae closer to him, “Guess you’re stuck with me.”  Youngjae looked up at Daehyun just in time to see Daehyun wink at him and a smirk grow on his face.

By the time their food had come, Youngjae was back to being ignored by everyone, but Daehyun as the tanner boy tried his best to flirt with Youngjae.  The worst was probably when he began whispering what he wanted to do to Youngjae in the boy’s ear.

“I’m not going to get a , .”

“Hm, but I can try,” Daehyun sensually breathed into Youngjae’s ear.

When the food was placed in front of everyone, the group immediately dug in, silencing their conversation for a moment as they all hummed about how good their food was. Youngjae carefully grabbed his sandwich as he watched Daehyun cut his steak.  If Daehyun was known for taking people’s food, Youngjae did not want to be a victim.  Sadly, when Youngjae took a bite of the all too big sandwich, he had to close his eyes, giving Daehyun the perfect chance to steal a fry.

“Stop it!”  Youngjae exclaimed as he slapped Daehyun’s hand away when he noticed that the tanned boy was taking his food.

“I just wanted a fry,” Daehyun explained, rubbing his hand.

“You took like 5 and you already have fries!”

“But I want your fries!”

“That makes no sense,” Youngjae sighed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose, though only Youngjae would know that it is actually called a glabella.  As Youngjae did such, Daehyun reach over again and stole another fry, eating in front of Youngjae with a smiled.

“Stop that!”  Youngjae repeated as he, instead, slapped Daehyun on the shoulder.

Daehyun pouted, something he found himselfdoing quite often around Youngjae, and went back to his food.  He’d just have to order dessert tonight, man, he hoped they had cheesecake.

When the waiter came by again, asking if anyone wanted to see the dessert menu, Daehyun shot out his hand and exclaimed, “Me!”

The waiter handed him the small menu and spoke before leaving, “I’ll be back in a few minutes to see your decision.”

Daehyun scanned over the options and smiled even bigger when he saw what he was looking for, “They have cheesecake!”

Junhong and Jongup groaned and Himchan said a, “Just order it will you?  So we can leave faster?”

Daehyun smiled and looked at Youngjae, “Do you want anything?”

Youngjae looked at the menu and then back up at Daehyun’s kind face.  God, he looked really nice right now.  “I-I don’t know,” He found himself stuttering.

“Don’t worry,” Daehyun said, “We’ll just get two pieces of cheesecake for us and the Molten Lava Chocolate Cake for them.”

Youngjae looked at the group of three who were lying on top of each other, ready to sleep.  The boy looked back at Daehyun and mumbled out, “Do you guys do this a lot?”

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah, at least once a month, though sometimes we go to different places, but today was a special occasion for the newbie.  Usually Yongguk comes too, but we didn’t know how you’d feel about the boss coming.”  More like, Daehyun couldn’t have Yongguk come and ruin his plans to flirt with Youngjae.

“Oh,” Youngjae said, finally catching on to Himchan’s and Daehyun’s previous comments.  He looked back at the practically asleep people and smiled, they all looked so cute.  Soon enough, Youngjae was brought into another trance as he stared at Junhong clinging to Jongup and Himchan leaning his forehead on the table.  What pulled Youngjae out of the trance was Daehyun grabbing his hand, but Youngjae chose to ignore the advance.  In all honesty, he liked how Daehyun’s hand felt with his, but he didn’t want to let the older know that.  So instead, he pretended to still be intoxicated with the other three as he waited for the waiter to come.

When the waiter did come, Daehyun ordered the food as Youngjae slipped his hand from Daehyun’s knowing that he couldn’t get away with holding Daehyun’s warm hand for long.  Surely, Daehyun would .  Everyone still stayed in silence, however, Daehyun never commenting on their hand holding.  Eventually, their dessert came and Himchan, Junhong, and Jongup dug right in as if they weren’t practically sleeping seconds before.  Youngjae then spared a glance at Daehyun who had his eyes closed as he soaked in his first bite of cheesecake.  Man, did his guy like his desserts.

A smile grew on Youngjae’s face as he thought of a tactic for revenge against Daehyun for taking his food.  He quietly swept his fork onto Daehyun’s plate at grabbed some of the cake before popping it in his mouth as he saw Daehyun’s eyes opening.  When Daehyun looked at his plate, which was missing quite a big bite out of it, his mouth opened and he looked at three awe-struck boys and a trying-to-hide-his-smile Youngjae.

“You thief!”  He exclaimed.

To that, Youngjae just smiled wider and took the fork from his mouth, cheesecake in his stomach.  “You stole my food earlier!”

“But cheesecake is my favorite food!”

Youngjae shrugged as a smirk grew on his face, “So?”

Daehyun smiled after a moment and leapt to grab some of Youngjae’s cheesecake as well.  Sadly, Youngjae knew what would happen and grabbed his plate before Daehyun even had a chance to get close to it.  In a rush of adrenaline, Youngjae stuffed the small slice into his mouth, leaving nothing on the plate.  In reality, it felt horrible and he probably looked ridiculous, but his brain wasn’t thinking straight.  Daehyun’s mouth opened wide in surprise again before he noticed how much difficulty Youngjae was having swallowing the food.  On a whim, Daehyun reached over and began tickling the younger, hoping that he could make the boy spit his food.

Luckily enough for Youngjae, however, he could refrain from laughing long enough to painfully swallow the food and began smacking Daehyun’s hands away.  “Stop that before I eat all your cheesecake too!”  Youngjae threatened.

To that, Daehyun immediately shut up and faced his cake, slowly taking another bite.  Youngjae smiled in accomplishment and finally noticed the rest of the group who had been staring at him.

“How did you eat Daehyun’s cheesecake and not get your arm ripped off?”  Jongup asked, pointing between Youngjae and Daehyun—who was already distracted by his cake.

Youngjae shrugged, his smile still prominent, “Dunno.”

All boys continued to gawk and Youngjae took it as his chance to lean over and grab some of their dessert too.  Tonight was kinda fun.  Kinda.

When everyone was saying their goodbyes, Daehyun found himself over anticipating the ride to Youngjae’s house.  It wasn’t that he had some special plan to get the boy to suddenly fall at his feet, but he was just excited for the boy’s company.  Yet, once the two were in the car, Daehyun had no idea what they could talk about.  And again, he was left asking the boy dumb questions, like he had been doing previously.  Daehyun made sure to note how Youngjae’s answers now we more detailed and the smile on his face didn’t fade the whole time they were together.

Before Youngjae got out of the car, Daehyun insisted on them exchanging numbers and luckily, Youngjae complied.  Once the two were done, they handed back their phones and waved goodbye.

When Daehyun got back to his apartment he immediately sent a text to Youngjae asking if he got back safe.  It’s not like he had a long way to go, but Daehyun still wanted to make sure he was okay.  He sighed and sat on his couch before turning on the television and preparing to watch all the shows he’d recorded this week and had yet to watch.  When he tuned on one of the shows his phone lit up with a response from Youngjae.

I got home fine, ya dork.  Thanks for asking tho.  Night!

Daehyun found himself smiling—yes a real smile—and rereading the message over and over again until he figured out what he was doing and frowned.  God, he was screwed.  All night Youngjae had made Daehyun’s heart flutter in random ways and by the end of it, Daehyun hoped he’d be able to get off clean, with a weekend to get everything straight.  But that text broke him, and Daehyun knew he was screwed because he did not think he’d actually start liking the newbie.  Yeah, screwed wasn’t the word, more like love-struck.

As Daehyun fell asleep to various shows, he ignored his phone that lit up with texts from Himchan and Jongup—and one very special text from Yongguk.

~

When Daehyun walked into work on Monday he was anticipating the worst.  He trailed across the building, glad that Himchan had yet to arrive so the boy couldn’t bother him, sat down at his desk and started working.  Today was going to be dreary.

“Daehyun!”

The called person turned around and sighed when he saw it was Yongguk calling.  He slowly and reluctantly stood from his desk and made his way inside his boss’ office again.  He sat down on the usual chair and waited for Yongguk to speak.  In reality, his brain didn’t want to work.  He was screwed in all types of ways and it looked like Youngjae wasn’t going to be.  If you catch his drift.

“How was your Friday?”  Yongguk teased, taking a sip of his coffee afterwards.

“Fine, I went out to dinner with Jongup, Junhong, and Himchan to welcome the newbie.  It was like our usual outings, but we didn’t invite you because we didn’t know how the newbie would feel.”  Daehyun shut himself up after that, his innocent face leaving as he obviously over-explained and made it seem like he knew what was happening.  Well, he did, but that didn’t mean he would tell Yongguk he knew.

“How kind,” Yongguk spoke and his thumbs flickered across his phone.  “You know, Himchan sent me texts about the dinner.  He said that you were quite cuddly and extremely cute with a very red Youngjae.  Sounds to me like you were flirting with Youngjae, even after I specifically told you not to.”

“I call it being friendly,” Daehyun retorted.

“Don’t bull me,” Yongguk laughed.  “You’re just lucky I vented to Himchan before ripping your balls out—”

“W-what?”

“Himchan told me that you two were being really cute together,” Yongguk began, “Like, couple cute.  As in, both of you were flirting and acting like a couple.”

Daehyun gulped, his infatuation for Youngjae increasing with someone reminding him of it.

“So, because I’m so nice and I can tell when even my grossest of friends likes someone, I’ll condemn what I said before and allow you to be all cutesy with Youngjae.”  A smile started growing on Daehyun’s face before his mind could fully register what Yongguk was saying.  It couldn’t be good because his heart was fluttering and it only did that for cheesecake and Youngjae.  He doubted that Yongguk was giving him a cheesecake.  “But, if I hear from anyone that you and him had a once night stand and he still likes you, I will not resist to rip your balls off.  And trust me . . . that would be a pleasure.

Daehyun nodded and exited the room before anyone could say anything else.  When he got back to his desk, Youngjae was already there and he smiled at Daehyun before looking back at his work.  God, Daehyun wanted to slap himself, that smile was too good-looking.  Instead, the tanned boy sat down and picked up the phone to call someone, he needed to take his mind off of Youngjae.

As Daehyun stuttered to a customer about what great values his company had to offer, Yongguk walked over to Youngjae and began talking to him.

“You all set for your meeting today?”

“Yeah,” Youngjae said, smiling again.  Oh no.

“Good, it’ll start after lunch.”

When Yongguk left, Daehyun looked back down at his desk and tried to focus on the call.

“Sir, sir, are you still there?”

“Y-yes, I am.”

“Well, you totally out.  Listen, I don’t have time for a nervous newbie to call me and tell me this, so have someone better call me back.”

They hung up.

Newbie?  Daehyun wasn’t a newbie!  He had worked here longer than Jongup so technically, Jongup would be the newbie in the sales department.  Not him.  He was one of the bests!  Oh God, what ever happened to Daehyun’s dream of becoming a singer?  Though, when Daehyun thought that, a little voice in his head told him that he would have never met Youngjae if he didn’t do this job.  Daehyun sighed and hit his head on the desk.  It was liked he was whipped, but he wasn’t even dating the guy!

But maybe, just maybe he could date Youngjae?

No, no, that’s dumb.  He just wants to sleep with Youngjae.  Nothing more, at all.  He doesn’t want to date Youngjae.  He doesn’t want to see Youngjae smile at him, or eat his cheesecake, or hold Youngjae’s hand from across their desk, or see Youngjae blush when Daehyun would tell him cheesy pick-up lines.  No, he didn’t want any of that.  He never did, never will.  But then again, it did sound fun, and—why was his heart beating so fast?

Daehyun pulled out a small mirror and looked at his face.  Pink, it was all pink.  He was blushing!  No, this never happened to Daehyun.  He didn’t blush, he flirted!  He had one night stands.  He did not think about cuddling and watching movies.  So why was he?

Daehyun slammed his head back on the desk; this was going to be a long day.

Around lunch time, Daehyun looked up at Jongup with a smile, “Want to go get lunch?”  He asked, hoping to get away from work, or more specifically, Youngjae.

Jongup looked up and sighed, “Sorry, but I can’t.  I already agreed to go with Junhong to a place you don’t like.”

“Oh,” Daehyun put on a fake smile, “That’s okay.”

“I’ll go get lunch with you,” Youngjae spoke, looking up from his work and flashing another incredible smile.

“Okay, perfect.  Wanna go now?”  Daehyun asked, internally screaming from how opposite his plan ended out.

“Sure,” Youngjae said before standing up and grabbing his bag.  “My car is fixed so we can take mine if you want,” He offered.

“Sure,” Daehyun responded, believing that if he drove, he’d end up crashing the car from how nervous he was.  His palms were sweaty; his knees weak, and arms heavy.

Youngjae looked behind him at Daehyun to make sure he was following before turning back and leading the two into the parking lot.  When they got in, Youngjae put in the keys, but didn’t start the car, “Where do you want to go?”

Daehyun shrugged, “Round Table has this buffet thing on weekdays at this time for not that much.”

“Oh, yeah, I heard about that.  Let’s go,” Youngjae responded and then started the car and backed out of the company lot.  The ride there was quieter than usual as Daehyun was too nervous to speak and Youngjae wasn’t used to this silence.  “Are you alright?”  Youngjae finally asked.

Daehyun looked up from his lap with a surprised face, “Huh?  Oh, yeah, I’m fine.”  He looked back down at his lap.

“Really?  Because usually you’d love this chance to flirt with me and ask me dumb questions,” Youngjae suggested, sneaking a hint at Daehyun.  Was that a blush he saw?

“Do you want me to?”  Daehyun asked, giving Youngjae a doubtful look.

“Dunno,” Youngjae shrugged.  “Maybe,” He winked at Daehyun.  “You’ll just have to test it and find out.”  Daehyun perked up for a second and was about to say something else until Youngjae interrupted him.  “We’re here.”  Daehyun’s attention then fixed on the pizza place and he quickly got out of the car and made sure to open the door to the inside for Youngjae.  Is this what he wanted?  When Youngjae walked in, he flashed Daehyun a flirtatious smile and said, “Thanks.”

Daehyun trailed after Youngjae like a lost puppy and snuck ahead of him in line, making sure to order and pay for the both of them.

“You didn’t have to do that,” Youngjae explained as he carried his plate towards the pizza.

“I wanted to,” Daehyun smirked as he grabbed a couple slices of pizza.  As he walked towards a booth, Daehyun couldn’t help, but smile at the blush he saw making its way onto Youngjae’s face.

For the rest of the meal, Daehyun found it his need to make silly, random comments to Youngjae that would make the blush on his face grow even stronger.  Daehyun smirked.  Well, this is what he wanted.  Youngjae looked down at his plate and took another bite of his pizza, only on his second piece while Daehyun had already made it to his fourth.  He looked up and chewed his bite as he watched Daehyun take another large bite.  Some sauce had gotten onto his face and the tanned boy didn’t notice as he kept eat more and more.  Perfect.

Youngjae smiled and grabbed a napkin before leaning across the table.  Daehyun stopped before he took another bite and stared at Youngjae.  “You missed something,” The younger boy said as he wiped away the sauce and smiled before leaning back into booth.

Daehyun continued to look at Youngjae as a blush slowly grew on his face, to which Youngjae could only smile in joy.  “Y-you did that on purpose,” He stuttered, dropping his pizza and looking down at his lap.

“What?”  Youngjae laughed, “I put sauce on your face on purpose?”

“Yeah . . .”

“That impossible!”

“I know, but you did it,” Daehyun said, blushing even harder.  Youngjae broke out into a laugh at the scene, causing Daehyun to look up with a shocked face.  “What?”  He asked.

“You are such a dork,” Youngjae sighed, wiping a fake tear from his eye.  “You flirt with me all the time, but the few times I do it back,” He laughed again, “You get all flustered and can barely talk.  It’s cute.”

“I know it’s cute when people get flustered, that’s why I do it to you,” Daehyun responded before he could think.

Youngjae stopped dead in his tracks and grinned, “You think I’m cute?”

Daehyun scoffed and looked around the room, “What?  No!”

Youngjae cheered and practically jumped from his seat, “You do!  Awe, little Dae has a heart.”

“Shut up.”

“Awe, you’re blushing again.”

“Stop.”

“So cute!”

You’re cute,” Daehyun responded, the only insult that could come to his head.  If it was even an insult.

“I know, you’ve told me.”

“Be quiet!”

Youngjae laughed again before leaning over and pinching the small cheeks that Daehyun had.  “You are really adorable when you’re acting like a gentleman and not trying to get me to you.”

Daehyun smacked Youngjae’s hand away and turned so he wouldn’t be facing the younger.  “I still want to you,” He harrumphed.

“I know, but now you want more than that too.  I could tell last night,” Youngjae responded.  His voice was fruity as he laughed and Daehyun was entranced by it, hoping that the boy would never stop talk.  Yet, he did and left Daehyun to respond.

“So?”  Daehyun said, turning and taking a bite of his fifth piece of pizza.

“I’m just saying,” Youngjae began, “That if you keep acting nice, you might have a chance.”

“What?”  Daehyun questioned, sitting up straighter in his seat like an excited boy.

“We should head back to work,” Youngjae got up.

“But what about what you just said?”

“I don’t want to be late.  We can see about us later,” Youngjae turned and began walking before Daehyun had even gotten up.

“Us?”  Youngjae didn’t respond.  “Youngjae!” Daehyun called, dashing from his seat and towards the younger boy.  Okay, Daehyun would admit it; he really, really liked Youngjae, and let’s just say he didn’t stop smiling during Youngjae’s presentation.  Luckily enough, Youngjae didn’t stop staring at him either.


A/N: This is what it is so far!  Over 11,000 words of Daejae.  This isn't the end though . . . there's more fluff to some ;)

I hope you enjoy this as much as Daehyun's enjoys cheesecake!