FINAL

X.O (Baby Love Me Lights Out)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     With all the hate his petite body could muster, Baekhyun glares at the current object of his unusually sour mood. The colorful horses that make kids go frenzy with, gave him a full loaded headache.  He frowns once more at the sight of the offending object across from where he is currently sitting at.

Now to clear everything up, no he doesn’t loathe the carousel ride or something near with. It’s just that his cousins who are supposed to be with him are currently on the said ride, laughing like there’s no tomorrow with their dates.

Would you believe it? Those idiots, who are unfortunately related to him, didn’t have the slight ounce of audacity to at least inform him that they were supposed to bring dates. For goodness sake, the least thing he wants to be is to become the biggest third –in this case, seventh- wheel in the world.

No, just no.

And guess what. When he voiced this concern out to the eldest of the cousins, Minseok, he just laughed at him and told him, ‘Baek, it’s the last day of the year. It’s obvious we’re all going to welcome the New Year and dates are important’, then walk away but not before winking. Wow, his cousins are the best. Mind the sarcasm there.

Not that it would really do anything if he’s well informed either because one, he doesn’t have anyone to invite as his date and two, because surely, he’d just downright refuse the offer of this ‘bonding day’ (this was the exact word Jongin used to coaxed him into joining them) immediately if that was case. Certainly, he does not fancy being left alone on a bench beside the poor excuse of a dancing water fountain that does nothing but sprinkles him water every ing time it shoots straight up in the air.  Damn it! Can someone turn the ing thing off?

He lets out an annoyed gruff and shoots glare-like dagger once more to his cousins, hoping it would burn them.  He’s extremely grumpy and dangerous at the moment that you can practically melt just by standing in a 20 foot radius near him.

He could be in his house lazing the day out. It may be the last day of the year but at least he won’t be a loner like he is right now. He could be in the comforts of his bed but his cousins just have to appear so suddenly the day before to invite –more like forced– him to go to the nearby carnival and celebrate the New Year with them.

 

‘It would be fun Baekhyun’

‘You’ll enjoy it. Promise’

‘The rides are awesome’

‘You won’t regret it’

 

Now where is the fun they promise? Did it magically vanish into thin air because surely, Baekhyun’s not feeling anything. Not even a bit of a percentage.

es.

Yes, he does have the option to just go home to sulk and ditch his cousins but the consequences that are accompanying the action aren’t really his ideal way to start the New Year. Getting teased by his cousin for leaving ‘because he’s being bitter of not having a date’ is a big no no for him. He shivers at the thought.

Baekhyun’s not really being bitter of being alone while his cousins got their own dates. No. Call him a love nazi or anything related to that but he isn’t really a fan of love or dating or relationships. He’d rather watch a sappy drama alone with his favorite rocky road flavored ice cream than do those nasty things (like kissing and holding hands) couples do.  

Gross.

Yes, in his eighteen year of existence, he never once dated and no, he doesn’t regret not doing so either; because he is not thirsty. If true love does exist then he’d just wait for it.

So yeah, there goes the argument of him being bitter.

He returns his attention back to the carousel ride and wonders how long the ing thing will go on and oh god, Jongdae’s face is so ugly smiling, it’s blinding me. He groans for umpteenth time of that day and it’s only 6:00 in the afternoon. He still has six hours before he can finally go home and forget that this day ever happen. You can do this Baekhyun, he mentally encouraged himself. But alas, it wasn’t working because he found himself groaning once more. I deserve better.

 

“You don’t look like you’re enjoying the day.” A deep voice interrupted his thoughts and Baekhyun look up shock to see a tall guy blocking his view of the damn carousel. He scoffed in annoyance but replied anyway.

“No Sherlock.”

“Grumpy. I see…” The guy laughed heartily and Baekhyun’s eyes turned into slits before hissing a venomous ‘ off’ towards the guy. Much to his displeasure, the guy sat beside him, uninvited.

“I’m Chanyeol by the way, Park Chanyeol.” The guy or Chanyeol as he said his name was, said casually.

“What do you want?” Baekhyun asked irritation apparent on his tone.

Chanyeol shrugged letting himself comfortable on the wooded bench before answering. “Nothing much really, just bored like you.”

“Then go the home.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and Chanyeol, once again, chuckles. Baekhyun noted how this time around, the other’s laugh sounds like a lullaby to his ears. He quickly dismissed the thought as he realized what it’s about.

“My family is here so technically I can’t go home even if I want.”

“Same.” Baekhyun said nonchalantly. It wouldn’t hurt to have some company anyway. “My cousins dragged me here but they completely ditched me to be with their dates.” He added.

“Oh. That .”

“Yeah...”

A comfortable silence surrounds them for a brief moment before Chanyeol spoke again offering Baekhyun a canned hot cocoa. He eyed the drink suspiciously before transferring them to the tall guy himself. “Are you sure you’re not a or ert or something like that?”

“Do I look like one?” Chanyeol asked seriously and only then Baekhyun made the move to look at the other’s face carefully.

The tall guy is wearing a pair of nerdy glasses that flaunt his perfect pointed nose and a snapback is casually thrown into his messily-styled hair; making him looks like a model with a boy-next-door image. But what stands out the most for Baekhyun, is the other’s adorably big ears. It reminds him of Yoda from the Star Wars movie. Yep, without a doubt, this guy is impeccably handsome.

“So…?” Chanyeol clears his throat. “Are you done checking me out?” He grins at Baekhyun and the latter is quick to avert his gaze.

“Don’t be too full on yourself.” Baekhyun scoffed crossing his arms over his chest and leaning his back on the bench. Chanyeol laughed again and Baekhyun hated how he loves the sound of it.

“You still haven’t answered the question though.”

“What?”

“Do I look like a ert or something?”

Baekhyun stared intently once more at the tall guy but only to add a dramatic effect to his answer. “Yeah, you do.”

Chanyeol smiles at him as he’s quick to defend himself. “I’m really not. I swear.”

“I’m just kidding.” It is now Baekhyun’s turn to laugh.

“Then take it.” Chanyeol offered the drink once more and Baekhyun took it.

“But just so you know, I am in knowledge of Hapkido.” Baekhyun said casually before popping the opening of canned cocoa and taking a sip from it. It’s surprisingly tastes normal so he sips again one more time and he suddenly felt getting warm again. He looks at Chanyeol and for the first time that day, he lets out a genuine smile. “Thanks by the way.”

“No problem.” Chanyeol grins at him. “So where are your cousins by the way?”

“There.” Baekhyun’s face scrunched up in disgust then used his free hand to point at the carousel ride.

“Ahhh. That’s why you’re glaring at the ride before.” Chanyeol chuckles whole-heartedly.

“There’s nothing funny about it.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes but not really annoyed. For some reason his sour mood is starting to dissipate. “Those idiots told me I’d have fun today.”

“Then why don’t you?” Chanyeol stared at him expectantly. For a few seconds, Baekhyun was a little baffled but quickly figured out the meaning underlining those four words.

“Are you asking me out?” He asked bluntly.

“Well if you want to put it that way. I mean I don’t think you fancy being left alone for the rest of the day.”

Baekhyun thought it out for a moment before concluding that yes indeed, Chanyeol has a point. He doesn’t usually go to this kind of place so might as well enjoy it.

“Fine.” He agreed to the giant’s preposition. “Again, I’m reminding you, if you do something inappropriate you’ll be good as hell.” He added before standing up. The tall guy next to him did the same thing as he replied with ‘noted’.

Baekhyun observed how ing small he looks beside the giant. He unknowingly cursed his parent’s genes that moment.

“But wait…” Chanyeol tilted his head to look Baekhyun. “I still didn’t get your name.” He said matter-of-factly.

Baekhyun snorted before mumbling a ‘Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun’ then walks away.

⁞₪⁞

Their first stop is the bump cars. Baekhyun couldn’t remember the last time he had been in one but he sure knows that he at it. He argued for a bit with Chanyeol because the latter wanted to be in the same car with him while he, of course, wanted a separate one. They’d go on for forever if not for a couple behind who told them to just ride in the same car and hurry up because ‘they don’t have all day’.

Naturally, Baekhyun did not, in any way, appreciate the attitude. So he sent them a glare with twice the hate he was giving his cousins earlier. If looks could kill, these bastards’ family would be mourning right now.

His glare is put on a halt when he was shoved unwillingly in one of the bump cars by Chanyeol. He turns his boiling annoyance towards the tall guy who sat readily on the same car as him.

“I told yo—” He was cut off by a finger on his lips and he stares at Chanyeol in disbelief because no one silence the great Byun Baekhyun. Ever.

“Relax.” Chanyeol said uninhibited. “If you really wanted revenge then why don’t you use this car?” He smiled evilly and Baekhyun noted how he like this boy’s way of thinking.

So for the rest of their ride time, Baekhyun targeted the poor couple and he didn’t miss the scared and relieved look the girl gave him when the ride ended. Serves you right, he evilly thought. He looks at Chanyeol and saw a proud look from the latter. Hell yeah, Baekhyun immensely enjoyed the ride.

 

Their next stop is supposed to be the Ferris wheel, but seeing how long the line is, Baekhyun told Chanyeol that they could just comeback later and for them to find another sort of thing to do. And that’s how they ended up in front of ‘toss ring’ game.

Baekhyun went it first and asked Chanyeol to pay. When the latter asked why he just shrugged and told him he’s the one who asked him out in the first place. ‘Good point’, Chanyeol laughed as he handed money to the poker-faced guy manning the booth.

Not even a minute to the game, Chanyeol found himself laughing really hard because Baekhyun already finished all the rings without getting even one. Baekhyun frowns at him and punched him half-heartedly before telling him, ‘Prince, if you have the audacity to laugh at me then why don’t you try it?

Chanyeol gave the guy at the booth the money in exchanged for the rings. He cracked his shoulders for a bit of a dramatic effect before tossing his first ring. It went it. And so are the other nine. He look at Baekhyun, smirking. “Go on and pick your price, Princess.”

Baekhyun scowled at him for a bit before turning his head to displays of plushies and he immediately lit up. He scanned the shelves and pouted because all the plushies are incredibly cute. There’s one thatcaught his attention though. It’s a Chopper wearing a doctor suit plushie.

He asked for it and the poker-faced guy went to get it. When he came back the guy gave the item to Baekhyun and although devoid of any emotions  spared him a ‘congratulations’ before walking away to attend to his others customers.

Baekhyun squeezed the plushie before continuing on his way leavin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter