Final Chapter

My Present, Her Past

Chapter 3

Ever since that incident with Sooyoung, Jessica hasn’t got any proper meal. She locked herself down on her room. He doesn’t want to talk to anyone. Her mother was worried sick, she had to call Yuri to help her. Mrs. Jung always known that her daughter has a soft spot on Yuri. At least her mother knew she could help.

“How is she?” Yuri asked as soon as she arrived at the house.

“She’s getting worse.” Mrs. Jung sighed and looked at Yuri, begging to do something about it.

“I’ll talk to her.” She made her way to Jessica’s door and knocked three times.

“Jessica? It’s Yuri.”

“Go away. I don’t need you.” Yuri noticed Jessica’s hoarse voice, obviously from crying too much.

“Please Jessica, don’t do this. Open the door.” She pleaded but to avail, the door is still closed. Yuri sat down on the floor and stared blankly at the door.

“You’re not supposed to be this way.” She mumbled softly but louder for Jessica to hear.

“Ever since I came to your life, I’ve always thought that I’m the one. Hell, you even told me once that you like me.” Yuri chuckled bitterly as their memories came flashing right before her eyes.

 

“Sica, where are you going? Yah! We’ll be late for our class!” Yuri yelled while stopping Jessica from running away.

“Hahaha! I don’t want to attend Mathematics! You can’t make me!” Jessica stuck her tongue out at her playfully while dashing out of the school premises.

“Aish! This kid, really.” Yuri shook her head as she, also, started running, following Jessica from behind.

“I knew it! You didn’t want to attend it, right?” Jessica smiled sheepishly while dragging along Yuri to the market.

“I’m only here because I care about you.” Yuri mumbled but Jessica heard it clearly and smiled at her.

“Yieee! Yuri likes me! Hahaha!” Jessica that caused her to feel more embarrassed on her sudden confession.

“Yah!” Yuri was about to hit her head but Jessica’s smile made her froze at that time.

“Don’t worry, I like you too.”

 

“Since then, I always proved to you that I’m the only one you need. You don’t have to look at others because you got me. But that one thing made me doubt myself.” Yuri closed her eyes as she let another memory flow freely her mind.

 

“Jessica! Can you be my Valentine?” Yuri joined Jessica as she sat beside her, stretching out the bouquet of roses she got for her. Jessica, on the other hand, seem to be lost in her own thoughts. Yuri had to stare at her before deciding to wake her up.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Yuri stared at her worriedly.

“Huh? What are you talking about? I’m perfectly fine.” Jessica said nonchalantly.

“You don’t look like fine to me. What’s bothering you?” Yuri just handed her the flowers. She thought that the surprise is not that successful anymore as the latter was spacing out.

“Oh, thank you. Nothing, really. I guess it’s just the projects. You know, it’s getting on my nerves.” Jessica sighed and forced out a smile. Yuri thought she’d let it go for now and just shrugged her shoulders off.

“Hey, can you wait for me? I’m just going to the bathroom.” Jessica stood up hurriedly walked away from Yuri, who just nodded as a response.

While waiting for her, she heard a beep and she searched where it could be, just to find out it’s from Jessica’s phone. She knew that it’s not her business, but curiosity kicks in and she looked who it from was.

“Sooyoung?” She mumbled softly before unlocking the device and going through the message. And so she read:

                Sooyoung: Hey, Sica! Happy Valentine’s Day! Keke! Yah!

                Are you still alive? I miss you, really. Reply to me, ne?

Yuri noticed that Jessica was walking back to her and she immediately deleted the message. She put the phone back and smiled at Jessica as if nothing happened.

 

“I’m sorry, Jessica.” Yuri bowed her head down, feeling guilty about what she did. The thing is, that was not the first time she did that, every time she’s with Jessica, she would constantly borrow her phone, and whenever Sooyoung sends a text message, she will immediately delete it and acted like nothing happened.

“I thought I could be enough for you. I’m sorry that I didn’t notice that I never owned you. I never owned your heart. No one. No one, but Sooyoung.” Yuri stood up and went closer to the door.

“I know now where I stand Jessica. I want you to be happy, and I know that, Sooyoung is the only one who can give you that happiness.” And by that, Yuri dashed out of the house and went to go somewhere else.

***

Tiffany noticed that Sooyoung’s mood has changed ever since she met her cousin. One day she’s really happy, the other she’s just sighing a lot. She approached her and asked what’s wrong.

“Nothing, really.” Tiffany shook her head and looked intently at her eyes.

“You’re lying, Choi Sooyoung.” Tiffany said firmly, obviously not having any signs of ending their conversation just like that. Sooyoung sighed and dropped her head in her armchair.

“Yah! Don’t hurt yourself! What’s going on?” Tiffany asked while soothing her head.

“I’m just the biggest jerk you could ever call.” Sooyoung closed her eyes as she reminisce what happened the last time she was with Jessica.

“Hmmm…”

“I just threw a gold at the river.” Tiffany had a hard time figuring out what her friend really meant.

“Okay? Why did you threw it away?” Tiffany asked as she was not getting the conversation at all.

“Because that gold won’t make me any better.”

“What makes you think that?” Tiffany had no idea at all as to where this conversation is going to.

“Because …” Sooyoung lost the trail of her sentence. Tiffany sighed in frustration and gritted her teeth.

“Look, can we start this over again? I’m not getting anything that comes out from your mouth. I’m not a genius Sooyoung, okay? Don’t rub that off my face.” Tiffany looked at her seriously and Sooyoung could only shook his head.

“You won’t even understand it anyway. Why bother explaining?” Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders off and Tiffany was furious about it.

“Yah! I’m being a friend here, okay? Do you want to die? Just talk, okay?” Tiffany sighed at the nth time making Sooyoung gulped out of fear.

“Geez, you really are scary.” Sooyoung mumbled and looked at her. She thought of a way that the older girl could understand her situation right now.

“How are you and Taeyeon?” Sooyoung suddenly brought out the latter’s “past.” Tiffany was caught off guard but answered with a calm expression.

“This isn’t about us.”

“I know, but I just want to know.” Tiffany starred at her and thought about it. Sooyoung is a really good friend to her, what’s the point in keeping it from her.

“We’re okay but we’re not that okay.”

“Okay?”

“Yah! Be serious!” Tiffany smacked her head.

“Arraseo!” Sooyoung held her head, soothing it from the pain.

“We’re friends. Still. But I don’t think history is going to repeat itself again. I don’t think we’re ever gonna get back the way we used to be.” Tiffany sighed sadly. Sooyoung felt sorry for her friend, suddenly she regretted bringing out the topic.

“But what if, what if she made an effort to work things out between the two of you? Will you give her chance?” Tiffany chuckled bitterly.

“That is far from reality. You know she would never do that.” Tiffany shook her head.

“But, you know, what if? Will you welcome her again? Despite of all the pain you’ve been through because of her. Will you still give her a chance?” Tiffany smiled at her.

“I’ll let my heart decide what to do.” Sooyoung chuckled unconvinced, that’s not what she wanted to hear.

“But you know, putting your heart in charge, will hurt you more, right?” Sooyoung couldn’t believe that the girl was just relying on her heart.

“Sooyoung, why do you think we have a heart? If we can just rely everything in our brain, then why did He bother giving us a heart?” Sooyoung thought about it and was rendered speechless.

“If your brain can’t take it all, with thinking on how to solve this and that, just let your heart decide. And I can assure you that no matter how hard it could take, you will be able to endure it, because it’s what you really love.” Tiffany caressed Sooyoung’s cheek before smiling and going back to her own chair, as their professor just got inside their classroom. Sooyoung considered what Tiffany said and thought about it the whole class.

“I guess, I do make mistakes.”

***

Sooyoung received a message from Yuri that she wanted to talk to her. She thought about it and decided to go. Whatever happens in this meeting, will be the basis of my decision. Sooyoung thought.

“Hey.” Sooyoung turned around.

“What happened?” Sooyoung asked. Honestly, she doesn’t know why Yuri wanted to call her in the first place, but she can assure it’s about Jessica.

“I’m sorry.” Yuri started. Sooyoung chuckled.

“What are you sorry for?”

“Everything.” Yuri sighed as she went beside Sooyoung. They both shared the majestic view of the sunset in the Han River.

“I’m not getting you.” Sooyoung started to get more confused.

“I’m the reason why…”

“What?” Sooyoung’s tension increases as the second passes.

“Jessica never really stopped thinking of you.” Yuri looked Sooyoung and saw how her expression changed upon hearing the girl’s name.

“Jessica never really stopped. I was the one to blame.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m a jerk, Soo. I’m the reason why Sica never replied to you.” Yuri held Sooyoung’s hand, who didn’t pull away.

“Why?” Sooyoung whispered.

“I never knew it was you, Soo. I thought I’m good enough for her, but I know now that I’m just fooling myself.” Sooyoung removed Yuri’s hand and hit her straight in her jaw. Yuri cried in pain.

“You’re my cousin, Yuri. How could you?” Sooyoung asked as she felt guilty. She hated Jessica for something she never did.

“I’m sorry. I deserve this, Soo. But that’s why I’m here, to make things right.” Yuri hugged Sooyoung.

“I’m sorry, kiddo. I do love Jessica, and I want her to be happy. But I know I’m not the person who can give her what she deserves. It’s you, buddy. Please, go to her, she needs you.” Sooyoung hugged her back as she felt her tears starting to fall out of her eyes.

“She’s the best thing that ever happened to me, you jerk.” Both laughed as Sooyoung hit her playfully. Yuri released the hug and tap Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“I know. Now, go to her. Make her happy. I trust you kiddo!” Yuri pushed Sooyoung away. The latter could only smile.

“Thank you, Yuri-ah.” Sooyoung smiled genuinely before running out of the place.

“Now, I will make things right.” Sooyoung told herself and smiled.

 


I think, every author has that blind spot he/she can't get through.

As for me, Jessica is my blind spot.

I can't penetrate her. She's just so mysterious for me.

I don't know how to end this, yet. I'm sorry. I still have to deal with my hell week! Yeah! Heard that right! I have to deal with my examination week. So, I don't think if I can make the ending soon, but I'll try! Okay? Maybe on first week of February? Or right after my exams. I don't know. Hahaha, sorry, really.

Anyway! Thank you for supporting this fiction. Thank you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting! I kinda miss this, you know.

As for my other story, My Only One I will finish it, no matter what! Okay? I never go back on my words, that's my ninja way. Hahaha, just be patient, okay?

#SOOSICFOREVER Let's keep sailing! ne? :)