002

Hopeless Romantic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Chapter edited. Enjoy reading.

My goodness, sometimes best friends can be such killjoys. Chorong was certainly getting in the way of my budding relationship with Taehyung. She spotted us chatting and immedietly asked what he thought he was doing.

"I asked for your friend's number. I hope that's okay with you?" Taehyung said.

"You are not giving your number to him, Eunji!" Chorong wouldn't budge and gave me the evil eye as she tried to ward him off. 

"I-I just want to be friends with her," Taehyung replied, almost stuttering. Whoa, was he scared of Chorong?

"Last time I checked you have a girlfriend."

"We're no longer together," Taehyung explained. But Chorong overprotective tendencies have been fully awakened. She even threatened to hurt him should he break my heart or such thing.

"You don't need to worry, Noona. I have no intention on hurting Eunji. I just wanna be friends." Noona? his so dead

"Did you just call me a Noona? Do you really think I'm that old?! and for you information we're not that close either!" Chorong strongly budge. god please save me 

"Your older than me so," Taehyung said

"What?! It's only around 4 months! we're not close!" Chorong glared 

"But still," 

"Argghh! Fine, fine. You win, But remember that if you hurt Eunji, I won't think twice getting back at you," Chorong said. thank god I faked a laugh and apologize to Taehyung for Chorong's hostility. I guess she was affected by my heartbreaks than I had ever been.

Taehyung smiled and nodded in understanding, but looked a bit forced. Was he seriously scared of Chorong?

When Taehyung left, I asked Chorong what she wanted to talk to me about but she brushed me off and said she'd tell me later. I guess I made her a bit angry?

 

In class, I found out that Kei was my classmate. She was the ringleader of the group of five of the most popular girls in school, namely Wendy, Namjoo, Jieun, Woori and of course Kei.

I secretly called them witches in my head. Then, Mr. Gorgeous arrived. Like a shark sighting prey, Kei spotted him and moved in for the kill. She went straight to him, introduced herself charmingly, and invited him to sit with her. 

To my surprise, instead of acting like the jerk he was earlier, he graciously accepted her invitation. They even ended sitting in front of me, like I was the designated witness to all the things they would get up in the coming year. 

I tried to tell myself that I wasn't jealous of Kei. Sure, she was pretty and popular but I was pretty too, and people liked me. I tried to be happy all the time and I was still in proud possession of my V-card―something I don't think Kei would be able to admit without lying.

The teacher arrived and introductions were made, Min Yoongi. That's the name of Mr.Gorgeous, but he suggested that we should call him Suga instead. When the teacher asked him why he transferred schools when he was already in his fourth year, he said he has his reasons and that they are private. A tortured soul then? Lovely! He didn't seem pleased about the teacher's prying. Even if he tried to mask it with politeness, I totally see through him.

 

First day of school went on as usual: officers, club schedules, and reminders, and then, because we were only in session for half-a-day today, it was time to go home. I was heading out when I recieved a message from Taehyung.

From: 76432217895
Hi, Ej! This is Taehyung!

To: Taehyung
Hi!

From: Taehyung
Can I walk you home tomorrow after class? 
I have something to tell you.

To: Taehyung
Sure!

I asked him what time and suggested we meet at the front gate. And then, just like that, my phone died. I stared at the blank screen incredulously for a moment before letting out an agonized howl. Why now at all times? 

I tried to borrow Chorong's phone charger but she wasn't being very helpful. She said she was texting Suho, her boyfriend and Naeun's cousin.

Naeun happens to be our shy friend who has been forever in love with Kai, but has never acted on it. Ever.

I think Chorong must have sensed my distress because with a roll of her eyes, she finally allowed me to charge my phone. When I turned it on again, Taehyung's reply was the first message I checked.

From: Taehyung 
Sure! :*

Oh my! Really I coudn't be any happier, I thought to myself, a large grin drawing on my face.

Too bad I had an awkward encounter with Suga the next day. I went to school really early the next day and saw that I wasn't the first one to arrive. Suga was already in class, sleeping head pillowed against his arms. I was staring at him a bit when suddenly, his eyes opened and caught me ogling him. Ugh! I averted my eyes, but too late, he already knew I had been staring.

"If you keep staring at me, I might melt," he said. That was a stupid thing to say really, a bit clichè.

"I wasn't looking at you."

"No, you weren't looking," he agreed. "You were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter