Curiosity (Part 2)

Shyly Yours

 

Byoungjoo whistled, "Whoa... You've got quite the room Hansol, or more quite the bed I guess."

 

Hansol blushed and nodded, almost embarrassed at the state his room was in. He hadn't really planned on having anyone over, like ever, so his room wasn't exactly the tidiest place on the planet. His blankets were haphazardly folded over themselves on his bed with the occasional article of clothing lying on top of it all.

 

His usually neat assortments of black and white pillows were still in the right area of the bed, except they were scattered in a strange pattern that Hansol couldn't remember how the heck they became like that. 'Oh riiiight... I think I had a nightmare and I guess flung my pillows and stuff everywhere... That'd make sense.'

 

Hansol winced as Byoungjoo walked over to his desk that was surprisingly neat compared to the rest of his room and ran his fingers over the papers splayed across its surface.

 

"Forgotten homework?"

 

Hansol shook his head and walked over to pile up the paper and set it aside. "No, I'm not actually really sure... I'm a good student so they're probably just... I don't know they're just there."

 

Byoungjoo chuckled and nodded in agreement, "Yeahhhh, I get that. Sometimes I wonder what all the crap I have on my floor is even from. I'll even find a random flyer from some restaurant I went to once just chilling on my floor for no reason."

 

"You could think about cleaning your room you know, every century or so," Hansol replied sarcastically, giggling as Byoungjoo gasped dramatically and put a hand over his heart, pretending to be wounded.

 

"Ah! How rude coming from someone who doesn't even make their huge bed! Seriously what do you do on here other than sleep? Do you practically live on your bed or something?!"

 

"I wish."

 

"Yeah you do cause you totally could. I bet you could like—I don’t know— install freaking machine arms to pull back your covers and say 'Good morning master' in like a monotone voice and they could-"

 

"Byoungjoo."

 

The brunette looked up to meet Hansol's almost pitying and annoyed gaze.

 

"Stop and let's do something more productive instead of making it sound like I can actually build a freaking robot from underneath my bed.”

 

Hansol sighed and shook his head in wonderment at the other's ridiculous ideas as he walked over and sat on his bed, bouncing up and down on the squishy mattress, staring at the idiot with and equally idiotic smile plastered on his face. He bit back a smile as he muttered,

 

"As if... There's no way there's enough space under there! I'd have to like, drill into the wood to fit the parts and stuff. Did you think of that?"

 

Byoungjoo almost skipped over and jumped to sit next to Hansol, his eyes bright with childish curiosity as he rested his chin on his hands.

 

"Yeah, I guess there isn't really... But why do you have such a big bed and not a lot of space for like, I dunno, living?"

 

Hansol nibbled on his lower lip as he stared at his bed, "Well... I don't do a lot here, so I figured I should have a comfy resting place?"

 

Byoungjoo rolled his eyes and laughed at Hansol's uncertainty as he heaved his backpack onto the fluffy expanse. He pulled out a few miscellaneous books and laid them out around him, glancing up as the bed dipped on the same side as Hansol stood up to stretch and sit down again next to him.

 

Byoungjoo groaned and ruffled his hair as he stared at his textbooks.

 

"Wow, it's kind of amazing how little motivation I have to do any of this stuff."

 

"Yeah, incredible. Why are you complaining so much? From the looks of it you only really have Math and something for Science…….... Crap, I have Science too."

 

 

 

The two boys proceeded to at least try doing their work as they chatted about it to keep them from getting too bored and unfocused—not that talking while they were doing it was helping them focus in the first place. Had they simply done all their work in silence, they wouldn't have finally finished all their work at one in the morning, completely exhausted to the point of not even being able to properly get ready for bed.

 

Hansol fell forward onto his book the instant he closed his Science textbook and fell asleep, Byoungjoo swiftly following, only to groan in annoyance five hours later to hear an alarm blare, in what seemed like a massive distance away. Slowly, Hansol sat up from leaning forward onto his book and yawned expansively, rubbing his eyes and squinted, scanning around the room to find the source of the alarm.

 

He sighed tiredly as he d around his space on the bed and silenced the alarm on his phone and fell on his back onto the bed, mumbling "Hmm...... So," he yawned before continuing, "We should get up.... For the bus."

 

Byoungjoo cracked his eyes open to narrow slits, staring at Hansol inquisitively. "Bus?"

 

Hansol nodded and heaved himself onto his feet, slowly sliding his books into his backpack and cleaning up his space. "Yeah, I catch a bus in the mornings to get to school on time."

 

Byoungjoo blinked twice before slurring stupidly, "But you walked home... And said you walk home that one time... Don't you like... Walk to school too?"

 

Hansol chuckled quietly at his slow morning behavior, noting that Byoungjoo wasn't an early morning person. 'He's so cute...'

 

"It's only six... Why are you so drowsy still?"

 

"Because I get up at like seven-ish then WALK to school, not wake up before the freaking sun rises and take a bus ride... When does the bus leave?"

 

"Eight."

 

"…………… WHAT?! Eight?! But that's when school starts—"

 

Hansol laughed at the look of pure horror on Byoungjoo's face and sat back down on the bed, poking at the fluffy cover.

 

"I'm just kidding Byoungjoo~ Sheesh. That sure seemed to wake you up~" Hansol teased.

 

Byoungjoo rolled his eyes and huffed indignantly, putting his books away as he continued further with his questioning, "Yeah, well you know that our Science teacher is done taking our late excuses, so naturally like any good student I was worried...... So when does the new bus leave? Why did you get a new one anyway? What was wrong with the old one?"

 

Hansol stared incredulously at Byoungjoo as he fired question after question at him as he nonchalantly packed his belongings away. "You sure ask a lot of questions for someone who just woke up..."

 

Byoungjoo shrugged carelessly, zipping up his bag as he replied "Well, once I'm up, I'm up, you know?"

 

Hansol shook his head and dismissed the topic, "Yeah I sort of get that...... Sort of. Anyway I'm—"

 

"Hold up SIR. Who allowed you to move on to a different topic without answerin my damn questions? Hm?" Byoungjoo cut in sassily, raising an eyebrow and glaring at Hansol playfully. Hansol closed his mouth abruptly, suddenly forgetting whatever the heck he was going to say before Byoungjoo cut him off and replied with an equally feisty "Leaves at 7:15 sharp. Old one was too run down and rickety so it had to be replaced. The rides were always super bumpy and annoying and everyone, excluding me of course, complained."

 

He tilted his head to the side and eyes Byoungjoo coyly, a smirk slowly appearing on his face as he questioned "Happy?"

 

Byoungjoo pursed his lips and nodded professionally, waving his hand in the air for Hansol to continue speaking; the latter begrudgingly complied.

 

"As I was saying, I'm going to go change into something else and wash my face. I'll be right back."

 

And by that, he meant quite literally ‘right back’ since he snatched up an outfit from around his room and nipped into the bathroom attached to his bedroom for a mere few minutes before popping out again, looking freshly clean and smart. Byoungjoo whistled, "Wow, you weren't kidding. But... How come you always insist on changing in another room?"

 

Hansol tried to hide his blush as he tossed his previous outfit into a basket and busied himself with tidying up his room, hoping to ignore and avoid Byoungjoo's question. Unfortunately for him, even with Hansol's back turned to him, the latter persisted.

 

"Hansoollll... I mean, I get that if you’re self-conscious about your body or something—"

 

"Whoa, okay! That's not– Well, I just don't like changing around other people, is that such a bad thing?"

 

Byoungjoo sighed and shook his head; a smile gradually appearing on his face as he finally heaved himself onto his feet and half tackled Hansol with a massive bear hug from behind. Despite the fact that Hansol's face blossomed into a bright red blush, he tried to chide Byoungjoo.

 

"Wha- Byoungjoo, what are you doing? We have to get ready for school!"

 

Byoungjoo grinned and quickly pecked Hansol's cheek before releasing him from his embrace to sprint around the room, avoiding Hansol's embarrassed wrath.

 

"Wh-What the heck?! You can't just kiss me without me saying it's okay, you thief!"

 

Had Hansol been actually angry and not a bright red tomato, Byoungjoo might have been a bit scared. But having a stuttering, tripping, embarrassed Hansol chase him around a relatively small space was just a game to him, one which he was fully enjoying and hoping to 'lose'.

 

The two were on opposite sides of the huge bed, Hansol trying to think of a way to catch Byoungjoo and (punish) beat him up for being so mean, but all he could do for now was glare at Byoungjoo as the other playfully.

 

"Mwahaha~ But I'm the iest thief ever right?!"

 

"HAH. y?! You aren't y."

 

"What?! Rude. Why— How do you like me if I'm not y?!"

 

Hansol rolled his eyes and lunged across the space separating himself from his target, squeaking out in dismay as he fell a few centimeters short of grasping at Byoungjoo and simply fell across the bed. He tried to hide his face in the messed up bed sheets as Byoungjoo squatted down to look Hansol in the eyes, a huge goofy grin slapped onto his face.

 

“So… The whole ‘chasing me until you caught me’ didn’t really work out so well, did it? And I guess you’re a bit short on getting to me, if you know what I mean.”

 

Byoungjoo grinned at his own clever pun as Hansol yelled out in annoyance into the blanket, successfully muffling the sound as he flailed his arms around, trying to grab at Byoungjoo but freezing immediately when his hand brushed against Byoungjoo’s and exploded in goosebumps and tingles. Hansol yanked his arms underneath him and laid still, his face fully flushed with a bright red blush. He still wasn’t used to touching anyone and especially with Byoungjoo, mostly cause, you know, they had just confessed to each other and all.

 

Hansol winced as he heard Byoungjoo pause momentarily before chuckling quietly.

 

“You’ve known me for a little while now and yet you’re still not used to that… Are you still shy because of yesterday?”

 

Hansol’s head snapped up to glare at Byoungjoo,

 

“UGH! You’re pretty insensitive you know… I mean I just…”

 

Byoungjoo sat on the bed next to Hansol and patted his back gently, smiling as Hansol turned his neck at an awkward angle to glare at Byoungjoo before he heaved himself off of the bed and sat on his knees, staring down at his fingers as they tangled into the bed sheets and tugged at them as he mumbled shyly,

 

“I just…. I just…. R-really like you…… And stuff…… But y-you doing all this stuff—” Hansol paused to glance quickly over at Byoungjoo then back at his hands, blushing madly as he continued “Y-you always… do these weird things like hug me and stuff and I’m just, confused I guess... and stuff…”

 

Byoungjoo bit back a smile and nodded understandingly as he fought the massive urge to hug and pinch Hansol’s cheeks since he was being so cute, but then thought that based on what Hansol had been saying he’d just get more confused. ‘I guess another explanation is in order…? But how is he confused when I already…’

 

“Okay, but why are you confused?”

 

“Wh-…. What? I’m confused because you’re still so cryptic! Honestly… I t-totally confessed to you and you’re response wasn’t very clear so…. I’m just… not sure—”

 

“Okay. I guess you’re right… But to be honest, I’m not really all too sure myself… On how I feel for you, but… Frankly, I think I understand now. Um…” Byoungjoo nibbled on the bottom of his lip before tapping Hansol on the shoulder, smiling sheepishly as the other looked over at him with round, curious eyes.

 

“H-honestly it won’t be the same if you don’t look at me and it won’t like convey my words right if you don-“

 

“Byoungjoo.”

 

Hansol sighed as a small smile appeared on his face as he shook his head. “Just say it.”

 

“S-sorry… What I’m trying to say is that yeah, it was only last night that I said I wasn’t sure how I felt about you, but I knew I felt something. A-and well, frankly I thought about it a lot last night and during this morning, kind of… And well… I think I kind of well… Like you too……. B-BUT I’m not trying to sound really superficial or anything and sound like I’ve only thought about it for a little while when you’ve probably thought about it for a whole lot longer than I have and you probably really don-“

 

Hansol decided right then and there that the only way to get Byoungjoo to shut up was to make him stop talking by various ways of doing that and such but mostly by kissing him, so he sighed and rolled his eyes as he leaned forward and kiss Byoungjoo on the lips, lingering for a few seconds to let Byoungjoo register his surprise and kiss back before pulling away. Byoungjoo blushed lightly as he blinked blankly at Hansol, raising an eyebrow in confusion as a small smirk tugged at the corners of his lips.

 

“What was-“

 

“Well frankly I figured you wouldn’t shut up unless I did that, so I figured to end your endless torrent of words and my boredom I’d kiss you. You know, pure logic right here.”

 

“Well, I don’t really mind your pure logic, so feel free to use it whenever you feel it’s needed.”

 

Byoungjoo wiggled his eyebrows to emphasize his point, earning a well-aimed punch to his shoulder by Hansol who promptly flopped off the bed and stumbled out of his room, squeaking over his shoulder “Well you know what ert?! Maybe that’ll never happen again! Maybe you just ruined any chance of you getting anything like that from me, like, ever!”

 

Byoungjoo giggled and winced as he massaged his beaten up arm and crawled off the bed to pick up both of their backpacks to follow Hansol out the door of his bedroom. He walked into the small living space to see Hansol standing with his arms crossed in front of him and a blush painted onto his cheeks as he glared at Byoungjoo.

 

“You ruin all these freaking moments and act like it’s nothing! You know how frustrating that is?!”

 

Byoungjoo dropped the bags onto the ground as gently as he could and massaged his bruising arm, commenting coolly “Well, I think you’re just too serious about it all.  How about you loosen up a little and have some fun?”

 

“I can have fun but not when you make me shy! Do you know how hard it is for me to be around you and not like internally combust from all the feelings I have? It’s actually quite a struggle, liking you and all.”

 

“Oh ho, now look who’s gotten all confident. And actually, no, I do understand how you feel ‘because just hanging out with you makes me waana hug you all day! But you’d probably shoot me straight away if I did that, so I’ll restrain myself. You’re welcome.”    

 

Hansol sighed and walked out the door, holding it open for Byoungjoo and him to put on their shoes and exit before locking it behind them. They had been fooling around so much in the morning that both boys had to run up to the bus stop in order to catch it in time, Byoungjoo wheezing for breath under the weight of both backpacks as the two slid into a couple seats on the bus. Hansol smiled apologetically as he grabbed his bag from Byoungjoo and put it in his lap, whispering “Sorry, I kinda forgot you were carrying them.” Byoungjoo simply waved him off as he caught his breath, being silent for the rest of the trip as both boys were deep in their own thoughts, as per usual.

 

The bus pulled up in front of its stop near their school, allowing the two teenagers to exit the bus and walk through the gates just as the first bell rung. Hansol and Byoungjoo looked at each other before speed walking to their first class, waving off Jiho’s questions on the way as they were too busy for him but mostly since neither wanted to explain what had happened yet. They both arrived to class a few minutes before the final bell rung, earning a cold, approving glare by their teacher as she checked them off on the attendance list.

 

“You two seem to be joined at the hip now-a-days. Any particular reason for this?”

 

Hansol looked down at the floor and shook his head as Byoungjoo smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

 

“Yes, well we’ve had quite a few projects recently so we’ve spent the night a couple times in order to get our work done.”

 

The teacher nodded, totally disinterested as she waved them off to their seats. Hansol whacked Byoungjoo on the arm again as they sat down and gave him a disapproving glare, muttering sternly “Why are you just blabbing to our teacher like that?! I’d think you would catch a clue and see she doesn’t like us that much anymore.” Byoungjoo shrugged and simply replied with “Well you can’t kill fire with fire.”

 

Their day went by fairly slow from that point on. Each class period seemed to drag on to the next and Hansol was gradually feeling more and more shy as he sat next to Byoungjoo during their classes together. He started to notice little details about Byoungjoo that he never saw before, like how when he was bored he would lay his head on his arm and flick his pencil up and down the desk or table, or how he’d tap his fingers in a rhythmic pattern when he was thinking hard about something, or when he’d bit his lower lip when he was solving a difficult math problem.

 

All these little things seemed to draw Hansol in and capture his attention to the point at which Byoungjoo would catch him staring every now and again and would grin mischievously and mouth “Enjoying the view?” every time, and subsequently earn another punch each time. But unbeknownst to him, Byoungjoo loved every second of it, even if it hurt a little. He felt comforted by the fact that Hansol literally couldn’t take his eyes off of him and whenever he could he stole a glance or two Hansol’s way every now and then.

 

But of course, everything went to crap once the two lovebirds in disguise walked into lunch and got mobbed by Jiho and surprisingly enough Hojoon as well with questions, but it was mostly Jiho; Hojoon was just standing a couple feet away and watching the show in front of him.

 

“So? What’s up with you two, hm? Youuu guys seem extra close today… Did something happen? Did you guys kiss already?”

 

JIHO!”

 

Hansol stared blankly at Jiho, totally astonished at his blunt comment and blushed furiously, surprising both Jiho and Byoungjoo and himself by hiding his face in Byoungjoo’s shoulder, nuzzling into his jacket. Byoungjoo pasted on a hasty smile and awkwardly wrapped an arm around Hansol’s shoulder and patted him robotically.

 

“We’re fine Jiho, but I don’t know why you’d assume that so sudden—”

 

“Oh paaah-lease! You guys have love written allllll over your face and you know it! Really, you think I wouldn’t notice? Me out of all people?”

 

Hansol looked up from his embarrassed pout and glared at Jiho.

 

“We aren’t hiding anything, Jiho. You just want something to happen, apparently, so you’re just assuming something did happen…”

 

Jiho clicked his tongue in disappointment.
 

“Tsk tsk, so very redundant Hansol. But I.get.it, you guys aren’t ready to tell anyone yet. Don’t worry, I’ll wait~ But in the meantime-“

 

“Jiho, let’s give them some space, plus I need to talk to you.”

 

Jiho looked up from his evil plotting face to stare up at Hojoon standing next to him with a dark look on his face, but his smile adding a certain creepy aspect to his otherwise dark expression. Jiho gulped and nodded, following Hojoon out of the lunchroom and left the boys to themselves.

 

 

 

A/N: Holy poo, this chapter though XD OTL

Oh, I thought that I should mention a tiny important detail: I haven’t actually had a lot of hands on experience with love which isn’t really something anyone should admit but hey who actually cares cause I don’t have any pride anyway DX, so writing stuff like this is… Well, very fictional XD

So if it’s super farfetched and cheesy—HEY. I SEE YOU BARFING RAINBOWS BACK THERE. STAHP.

Anyway, it it’s too much, please bear with me as I’m not good at this ;A; //many apologies

Yeah, that’s about it…

Oh and feel free to comment what ya thought about this and perhaps gimme some ideas cause I’m totally not running out of them or anything and don’t know how long this fic will be so let me know?????