Summing Up

Her Personal Stalker

Summing Up

BGM : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIWmaZaThGQ

 

Anxious.. Yonghwa is feeling anxious but giddy enough to share the story with the public. The public that once threatened their relationship.

“There is one point where we can’t see through our relationship anymore but everything about it is something so oddly beautiful. Since we’ve been through a lot, I think that’s what makes us treasure what we have even more so than before. All that matters are that we end up together and I’m a happy man.”

 

It all started with a tip given from anonymous to Dispatch on regard of Seunggi’s dating life. After three years of failure, they hesitate on pursuing the clean cut guy again but luck was on their side. He’s dating alright and none other with the very ideal girl next door, Im Yoona.

Thus, it began.

SNSD dating hunt.  

“Can I talk?” Yonghwa knocks on her door with a goofy grin on his face. That smile of his always get her heart goes wild at the mere sight of it. It’s a killer charm that only Jung Yong Hwa possessed. He opens his arm ready to be embraced by her… with no hesitance, she runs over him.

Truth to be told, he and Seohyun has been pretty cozy with each other lately. She even initiates hug whenever she sees him after a long time and it’s no ordinary hug. It lingers, it melts you away, it sends you into the moon. It tells you a million of reasons to prolong the hug which he did and she shows no sign of wanting to ever get out of it too.

He snuggles into the crook of her neck. He is tired. Tired is an understatement and Seohyun knowing fully well what he feels, tighten the hug. He kicks the door close, lean in to whisper to her. “I miss you so badly.”

Only they, themselves know how their hearts goes out of control whenever they spend and do things that meaningful to the other person. Dependence

***

“Oppa, we will never get caught right?”

“If we do things right which we are, we won’t”

“Our hideouts are known, that’s why I’m nervous.”

Never ending is what Seohyun could describe about the constant camera zooming on her. They were never closed to her but she feels their presence and truthfully, she feels rather overwhelm by the attention though it’s nothing that she can’t handle. She manages to live out rather peacefully in this business for a good ole 8 years after all. Media doesn’t scare her out.

Once, her Sunny unnie was about to go to her normal routine but then the after effect of the enormous reaction gained by the public made them the target of every single gossip column. Sunny unnie was pissed and said that she doesn’t have it in her to stay silent about it. So, she voiced it out. She wasn’t dating anyone so stay the heck away from her.

It doesn’t stop, there.. Naturally, they followed her but somehow they are following her even more so than the others. What more can they dig from her? She has been rather secretive about her private life and doesn’t even show some crack of possibility for them to gain anything.

And now she is sitting by the window at the coffee shop fully aware of the lenses directed to her. She fumes to herself, do they think she is stupid or something to be out like this in the open with anyone that can cause a scandal.

She dials his number.

“Oppa, they are following me.” She smiles. Yes, she is smiling but they don’t know how many terrible words are forming inside her brain right now.

“Do they think you’re that stupid to be caught dating, like that?” Yonghwa laughs, pulling over his duvet in his comfy home.

“Will they stop?”

“What do you think?”

“They will.”

“Exactly.”

“I feel bad though.”

“For secretly laughing how they are wasting their time following you? I bet you did.” Yonghwa grins, shoving her mother homemade food into his mouth. “Can’t you comeback earlier I have a song that you would love.”

“Really?” Seohyun shrieks. Her face shows an evident happiness.

“Ne. If you’re late I bet you won’t be the first person to listen to it.”

“W-wait. Oppa… so unfair.”

“See you at my house later. I’m looking forward to your reaction.”

***

It’s night of his birthday, she asks him whether they have celebrated his birthday which he replied yes to..

They can’t be long he said, and it’s the most painful night of her life. The thought of not being able to spend it with him. She feels guilty for being in the industry, all the more reason on not being able to spend it normally with him.

She goes back to Korea wearing her glamorous shades as a disguise over her swollen eyes. She spares no time to hesitate on meeting one of her closest sunbaes, SES Bada.

“What are you with Yonghwa that you’re going to cry that way for him?”

“What do you mean?”

“What exactly are you guys?”

“I can’t explain it.”

“Seo Joohyun if you can’t explain it then you guys are nothing.”

She sits there, digesting the words that Bada said to her. She looks at her sunbae reluctantly, her eyes are b with unshed tears. “We can’t define our relationship for obvious reasons.”

“Are you sticking for your career or you guys planning on getting married right away?”

Seohyun nearly jumps off her seat. She never thought of that.

“You guys are getting too serious and I know you have your set of principles but you’re bound to break it soon. Love can’t be controlled or calculated Seohyun.”

“T-then?”

“Choose.”

She gathers back her composure, trying to even back her breath.

“Why?”

“They are here again.”

Bada nods, understanding her statement.

It’s the paparazzi again. She always thought they already given up on her but it seems they keep coming back to her.

They were her exclusive stalker.

Dispatch were.

***

Seohyun barges into the door, she is panting… her eyes roaming the entire living room seeking for the presence of her unniedul.

“Unnie, it’s your anniversary.. You’re not going out?” Seohyun slightly scream due to immerse frustration at the older unnie, Tiffany.  Mainly, because the 2PM members kept on bothering her about the said couple just because she acted as her Fany unnie wingman previously.

“Hmm.. Nah. Chicken foot is the best.” Tiffany waves her hand drunkenly, the bloody chicken feet sauce smudge is seen on .

“You’re not going to drag her?” Seohyun eyes widen at Taeyeon unnie.

“Me? I cause a scene Hyunnie. I won’t risk it again.”

“Yoona unnie, not you too.”

“Going out.. SNS nothing of that will help you. This..” Yoona slams the wooden floor of their dorm. “This is the best place for us.”

“It’s our fault.” Sooyoung hits her chest wailing out of sudden.

She contemplates whether to follow them in their pity party of endless drunk activities with their own disco but decides against it. She tells the only sober person there, shockingly it’s Hyoyeon that she’s going to go back.

Hyoyeo notices the constant following her maknae has garners throughout the year and she sighs before muttering “I’m sorry.”

“Waeyo unnie?”

“I know it’s hard for you to move lately. You can barely breathe. It’s not just them aside from our fandom you gain another fandom taking a glimpse of you.”

“It’s fine. I’m fine.”

She goes back to her house that night, staring through the window down to the guy holding the lens hidden at the bushes with her binocular.

Yes, it’s not just Sones or some crazy dating media trying to catch her… it’s Boice and even to some degree gogumas. Apparently Boice are just too busy trying to take pictures of CNBLUE members but found her instead.

Seohyun can’t think straight. Too many voices of weariness ringing through her head. She’s growing anxious and even annoyed.

She doesn’t answer Yonghwa’s phone call that night. She falls asleep on the floor.

“I’m moving out.” Yonghwa says, determine.

“You don’t need to.”

“It doesn’t matter even if I don’t. We’re too busy to even meet. Not being here, they will stop bothering you. My fans too. Living here has always been a temporary plan.” They sit at the opposite side, silence are enveloping them. “This is the next step Seohyun. We can’t be here forever.”

She stays silent, her heart unwilling to let go.

“I know you’re suffering, so I’ve decided to do this. I’ve watched my sunbaes, and you’ve seen it too. The craving they have for stage is still there. It’s insatiable. I’m going to pursue this as long as I can, hopefully I will still find you at the end of the road. Hopefully, I’m still a worthy man for your love.”

Yonghwa kiss her forehead, down to her nosetips, and let his lips lingers longer on her lips. His lips brushing against hers longer… longer… she has hope for him to touch it for real but he pulls it away.

The next week after she comes back from China, she walks through the hallway. One by one CNBLUE members has gone and so does he.

Media? Relationship? Man?

She didn’t need it.

She’s going full throttle on one thing, her career and he does too. It is the look in his eyes that tell her that. It’s the promise only they know.

Yonghwa groaned feeling the idea not coming over him. He was not inspired… and the dead line wasn’t helpful. He took a break and glanced at his back. She was slightly snoring…

He smiled cheekily.. if anyone saw him they would say he’s a fool in love.

He closed his eyes.. fearing the thought of not having this kind of moment anymore.

He wrote there.. He wrote in his lyrics.. his needs for her.

When things die down..

Maybe, they can.

***

She feels somehow incline to have that Ice Coffee instead of her regular Green Tea. “Hmm. One Ice Coffee please.” She grabs her drink and walks pass by the bystanders, ignoring the amazed look they have on their face knowing fully well that she’s bare from any kind of disguise. No mask.. no hoody.. no shades..

Today she’s here as Joohyun. No schedule for once. It’s time she takes a break.. she’s of that age too. An age that is more eligible to settle down.

She pulls the chair, smiling. Some can say that she looks stupid smiling at the Ice Coffee. She shakes out her thought, withdraws her book and flips it to the next page.

Just like that, she lost the track of time..

Her reading spree is put into a stop once a creepy ert suddenly hold her hair… she feels that person sniffing her hair. She stiffens.., this is a private spot, how can this creep enter? She’s about to scream.. when that voice.. that voice that can bring out various reaction from an uptight girl like her.

“You still smell the same. I’m glad.” He laughs merrily.

‘What’s so funny?’ Is what she wants to ask but she stays silent, glancing at the newly arrive Jung Yonghwa who is taking a seat at the table behind her.

He purposely pulls the chair until it touches with hers. He leans backwards, feeling the support of her back. She’s somewhat happy that Yonghwa couldn’t see how she is smiling secretly feeling their back touching each other. She feels supported. A figure that she can depends on for once. A tree to her fragile self.

Yonghwa takes the initiation to break the ice..

“You know, whenever I encounter you over at some events.. the first thing I seek is your smell. You must think I’m a creepy stalker… but do you remember? I told you that I like it… so I’m glad you still smell that way because I don’t feel like I’m losing you. Years pass by, and we are still here..”

“We are..”

“Are you still at the same spot as before?”

“No.. not really.”

“You have a change of heart?”

“Why are you here?”

“I want my coffee.. which apparently seated on your table. Do you want me to be honest?”

“Ne.”

“I follow you.”

“Why are you sitting on some other table then?”

“Do I still belong there with you? On the same table? On the same spot?”

“Definitely.”

Yonghwa’s smile can even reach his ears as he bites his lower lips, feeling the tingling sensation. He’s almost running over her table, sit there and just stared at her lovingly. His palm supporting his chin as he teases her with a smile which she avoids on seeing, not wanting the blush to creep by her face. She starts on playing with her fingers, looking at the floor instead of him.

“What so handsome about the floor Seo Joohyun?”

“For starters, it’s not you.” Seohyun giggles. “Welcome back Jung Yonghwa.” Her eyes finally meeting his. “It seems like we really still meet each other at the end of the journey.”

“Welcome back Seo Joohyun. You did well.” He brings his hand to touch her hand on the table.

“And oh welcome back to your personal fansite.” Yonghwa points at a black car located far from the café, a few blocks from the building. “They are really loyal you know.”

“Let them be. It’s time after all.” Seohyun and Yonghwa exchange a coded smile that only they know what it means.

Secretely, Yonghwa feels around his pocket for a box.

***

She stands there, 2014 has long gone by now. She’s wearing the ring… and she’s on stage. She’s at the exact right end of the stage while he’s at left end of the stage. She takes a short glance at his spot, he is grinning the whole time waiting for her eyes to seek his.

‘It’s a brand New Year Seo Joohyun.’

He winks at her.

He’s her personal stalker now. No more Dispatch.

 

Do you remember that day?
Although time passes by,
It won’t change my promise to you.

-Urban Zakapa-

 

 

Author’s Note

Like I’ve said, short.. and straight forward. Just because I saw a lot of Yongseo dating rumors hopeful I’m sorry to say this but keep your hope low. Dispatch doesn’t even say anything. Remain optimist of our couple but let’s keep it low too, you might get sad when it didn’t occur the way you want it to.

Do leave feedbacks for this story in the form of comments, upvotes and subscribe(?). Since I wrote it in a short time, I’m even more anxious for this one shot. I gave away some intricate details or small details that imply something about their future. Like Yonghwa feeling his pocket for a little box.

If anyone notice, applause for you. ;)