My World in Yours

Perfectly Imbalanced 2

01.


Note: Set at the time before the epilogue happened. Something like that.

 

Seoul

“I don’t believe this.” Kai murmured in frustration as he stared at Sehun’s sorry state before him. “It’s like seeing a reflection of Chanyeol.” He added while sighing, keeping his legs glued on his spot while debating in his head whether to walk inside the room and help Sehun get back on his feet in time for the meeting or just leave him there and let him deal with the consequence of his recklessness and probably lose a handful of good applicants. “Why would you get drunk before an important day?” is the question.

And Chen is probably the answer.

In the end, after reminding himself that he was the better man, Kai walked inside Sehun’s room and…kicked him on the . His was displayed so beautifully at the edge of the bed that Kai couldn’t possibly ignore it. “Get up, moron. You have a meeting in 2 hours and the interns are coming today.” A grunt. “Oi, get up.” If anyone asks why he’s at Sehun and Luhan’s condo at 6 AM in the morning trying to knock Sehun out of his hangover, it’s not because he’s a devoted brother but because Luhan slept at his house last night and that could only mean one thing—Sehun went home drunk. Luhan would never get his hands dirty trying to deal with Sehun’s sorry state so whenever it happens he’ll just leave him alone and go someplace else where he wouldn’t smell Sehun’s vomit all over the place. 

“I’ve had enough of being Baekhyun’s nanny for years you are not going to impose the patriarchal paradigm on me!” is what Luhan said and that this (Sehun) and that (Baekhyun) are two entirely different things.

Kai ended up dragging Sehun into the bathroom and mercilessly turned the shower on to let the cold water do its magic. 

Sehun’s eyes widened in shock. “What the f—“

Kai was out of the room before he even got to hear the end of it.

--

“Very cruel.” Sehun said (for the 24th time) while chewing his rice. “Very, very cruel. I would never do that to a friend—let alone a relative!”

“If I didn’t force you to get a taste of water, you wouldn’t be sitting here eating good food and complaining about it.”

Sehun made a face and whispered pitifully, “Baekhyun wouldn’t do that.”

Kai glared at him. “Well Baekhyun is not here anymore.” Sehun’s face fell at the reminder and Kai can only sigh. “Don’t tell me you drank last night because you’re still sad about how you weren’t able to get them to stay here.”

“O-Of course not!”

“Look here, if they want to move overseas, we don’t have the right to oppose their decision. It’s their lives, after all. They wanted to start anew and live a more normal life so if getting away from Seoul or London is the only way then so be it.”

“I know that!”

“That said,” Kai pulled up a paper. “Why the hell did you buy the houses?”

“Where did you get that?!”

“It was lying on the floor. I thought it was trash. You keep throwing important documents like this, your company is gonna go bankrupt in no time.”

Sehun immediately snatched the paper from Kai and pouted. 

“So?”

“What?”

“What idiotic idea did you have in mind that you bought both houses? Don’t tell me you thought Baekhyun and Chanyeol would come back there?”

“It’s not that!  Anyway,it’s not important.” Sehun replied stubbornly. “Don’t you have work today?” He asked, dodging any more further questions.

Kai sighed. He knows whenever Sehun decides to drop a topic. “I have. SISTAR comeback remember?”  He answered. Luckily, he wasn’t that persistent himself.

“Oh! Can you ask for an autograph for me?”

“What? You’re a fan?”

“Nope. Luhan is. He’ll be thrilled.” Sehun answered with a proud smirk.

--

“Ah, sir! Good morning! Right on time! What a surprise!”

“Yeah thanks to him.” Sehun said monotonously.

“Oh! If it isn’t Sir Jongin!”

This girl, Sehun’s over-capable secretary, is Jimin, Yoonhye’s younger sister. When the company first started, Chanyeol endorsed her to Sehun and ended up impressing him so when she graduated four months ago, Sehun immediately hired her.

“How my brother got his hands on such a wonderful secretary, I would never understand.”

“Sir, don’t flatter me!” Jimin replied while chuckling. She then noticed the incoming crowd. “Ah, I must excuse myself. The applicants are here.”

Kai nodded and watched her go before following Sehun into his office. 

“Good morning! I am Cho Jimin, Mr. Sehun’s secretary, I’ll be leading you to a room where the manager will be interviewing each one of you. He will choose the applicants to proceed based on the interview so be sure to be ready! After that, Mr. Sehun and I will interview those who passed and he’ll decide which one of you he’ll hire. Am I clear?”

“Yes!” The applicants replied.

“Alright, please follow me.”

“Look, look! It’s Sehun!”

“And there’s Kai too!”

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I knew it, Jimin thought, most of these girls only applied because of Sehun. Well, we’ll see.

--

“Seems like you got a handful of applicants.” Kai said while looking at the line of applicants behind Jimin as she lead them towards the conference room.

“It would be weird if I didn’t, right?”

“Well, I’ll be going.”

“You’re not gonna look around? You haven’t toured around the building ever since the construction finished.”

“Why would I want to tour around this place when you’ve been blabbing about this and that that I could swear I can remember every inch of this place?”

“That’s your problem.”

“I don’t have a problem. I’m not gonna tour around your building.”

“You know if you keep saying that to people, you’re really gonna end up alone.”

Kai stared at him for a moment before he realized what Sehun was trying to tell him. “I’m not lonely.”

“That’s what lonely people say.”

“I’m not lonely!”

“You just proved my point.”

Kai let out a small grunt. “I’m going to work.”

“I know Luhan have some new friends—“

“No. No no no no. I am not going to let you set me up. I’m a grown up man!”

“If you displayed that much testosterone to people that is not me, you’d get a date.”

“I’m perfectly not lonely! You know how I am with relationships. I don’t need it.”

“I know how you were with Kyungsoo. And Baekhyun wouldn’t count because you obviously didn’t have a chance from the start. Why are you generalizing people? That’s just discriminating.”

“You’re taking this a bit too far. Me being lonely has nothing to do with the political crisis of the world!”

“A-ha! So you are lonely!”

Damn tongue.

Sehun sighed. “You know, if you were a bit more honest before, we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now and I wouldn’t have to refer to Kyungsoo in past tense.”

“Okay, we agreed to never mention you-know-who ever again.” Kai said sharply.

“Alright, sorry.” Sehun said,. “But come on,it’s been like what?”

“Five months.”

Sehun paused. He’s not actually an expert when it comes to these things. Right now, the only person he can think of that can talk to Kai about this without sprouting nonsensical arguments in the process is Baekhyun and unfortunately he’s not here anymore.

Are five months already a long time after break-up though?

--

“Hey, Luhan. Are you here to visit Sir Sehun?” Jimin asked when she spotted Luhan walking in, slightly looking lost with a box of cake on his hand.

“Yeah, is he in?”

Jimin nodded. “He’s in his office with Sir Jongin.”

Luhan let Jimin walk him through the corridor to Sehun’s office. They stopped a few meters away when they spotted the two having a heated discussion. “Must be a problem with work. I’ll wait until they finish. It’ll be rude to disturb them.”

“I’ll get you a cup of tea.”

“Thanks.”

--

“I am not bitter! Look, Sehun, I appreciate your concern but I would really appreciate it more it if you stop meddling with my personal life. I can handle myself. I’m not…emotionally imbalanced or whatever.”

“Really? You’re telling me that now after how much you’ve meddled with mine? Luhan? Chanyeol?”

“I work under Chanyeol and Luhan was my friend. It was pure coincidence.”

“Now that we’ve established that context—coincidence—there’s no reason for you to keep denying your desolation.”

“This is what I get after helping you get to work. I’m leaving.” Kai immediately walked out of the door, refusing to look back when Sehun kept calling him a series of ridiculous names. He even walked past Luhan without greeting him.

Luhan gave Sehun a look. “Something wrong with work?”

“If you consider Kai’s love life as work then yeah, something is wrong.” Sehun replied before walking back inside his office. Luhan crooked his eyebrows and followed him inside.

“Honey, I did say it’s cute whenever you try to be brotherly and all with Kai but…” Luhan trailed off as he placed the box of cake on the round table.

“But what?” Sehun said while leaning with his back against the table and his arms crossed.

“But you can’t just forcefully meddle with his problems.”

“Why? You and Baekhyun hyung do it all the time.”

Luhan flinched. “You should really stop using my relationship with Baekhyun as a basis. It was not built on brotherhood.”

“I do not—“ Luhan glowered at him. “—okay maybe I do. A bit. But come on, help me out here. I’m sure I was born an only child for a reason.”

Luhan sighed. Sehun is really adorable. He walked closer to taller and fixed his hair. It was so messy he could cry. “Just go with the flow, Sehun. You’ve done enough. At least when he finally realizes that he does have a problem, he knows who will be there.”

“Always the rational one, huh.” Sehun said and he pulled Luhan closer for a quick kiss. 

“Alright, I have to go to work.” Luhan announced as he pulled away. “You should start work too, Mr. CEO.” He added as he walked towards the door.

Sehun noticed the box of cake on the table. “Is that a peace offering for leaving me in a drunken state?”

“I love you.” Luhan said immediately, knowing very well he could get away with having to explain with just throwing the bomb. Plus, Sehun is still very naïve.

“You’re very lucky to have me, you know!” Sehun yelled as he watched Luhan at the other side of the glass walls sending a flying kiss towards him. He shook his head.


---


Luhan finally arrived at the main branch of Regalia, his now large-scale clothing company no thanks to a certain someone’s bad publicity. It took him a year to rebuild the shop’s reputation from dust after some ignorant journalist mercilessly insulted it. He also went from reseller to a full-scale clothing company (thanks to Gyuri’s support) housing at least 20 young designers handpicked by Gyuri and 30 models handpicked by him and Baekhyun. It made him happy whenever he thought about what he had to go through before he arrived at where he is now where he is perfectly content. 

He made it a habit to always start a day at work with a smile on his face thus he had to visit Sehun this morning. As lame as it sounds, Sehun does make his day seem brighter. So when he spotted his secretary hurriedly walking towards him with a panicked face, he just felt like crawling back to his car and drive away where Sehun is.

The atmosphere was tense when he got inside. 

“I don’t like the ambiance.” Luhan whispered while walking hurriedly with his secretary explaining the situation.

“Sir, Ms. Liu is waiting for you at the conference room.”

“Ms. Liu?! Wasn’t she supposed to come tomorrow?”

“Well, that’s what I said.”

Luhan opened the door to the conference room and found Megan Liu, the daughter of the CEO of another clothing company he was planning to collaborate with for the Summer collection, standing and looking out through the window glass.

“Megan!”

“Lu!”

“What a surprise!”

“Well, that’s what surprise visits are for.”

“Come, take a seat.” Luhan said while offering Megan a chair. He also ordered his secretary to bring in some drinks whom she delivered shortly thereafter. “So, what’s up? Aren’t we supposed to go through the proceedings for the contract tomorrow?”

Megan Liu’s fake smile shone from the moon and back. “Actually, about that…”


---


Sehun managed to make it two and a half hour after starting his work, going through some documents, before he finally flailed his hands on top of his desk, pushing some papers off the table in the process, and burying his head in between, groaning like a spoiled child the words, “I want to eat desserts!”

Jimin looked up from her computer screen, sighing. “It’s still 9 in the morning, sir.”

“WHAT.” Sehun said, quite surprised. “I feel like I have been here for a week!”

“Very cute, sir.”

Sehun eventually sat up straight and played with his pen. “No wonder Chanyeol is always MIA from work.” And why Luhan has constantly reminded him that Chanyeol is not a good role-model. “Oh, I know what could pull me out of this boredom. I remember there was one time when Chanyeol didn’t miss a day from work and that was when Baekhyun hyung came as Baekhee!”

Jimin gave him a weird look. “You mean, aside from the fact that Sir Chanyeol’s investors were backing out one by one and that his company was in a brink of bankruptcy? Yeah. Sure.”

Sehun glared at her. “Did Luhan tell you to say that?”

Jimin laughed at him. “Sir, it’s your first day and it’s pretty hard to pull away from your usual wild, happy-go-lucky lifestyle in just a day. I was reminded that you got pretty drunk last night. It’s not weird to be feeling that way.”

Sehun sighed and nodded. He turned his chair so he was facing the floor-to-ceiling glass window, giving him a good view of the city. Jimin went back to her work. Sehun knew he was just being overly emotional but he is the baby in the group and he expected that in everything he will accomplish, the people whom he really looked up to would be there to watch him take his first steps. 

He just misses Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He doesn’t know when it’s going to stop.

But of course he’s not gonna tell them that. That’s just embarrassing. God knows how much they’re going to pinch his cheeks if ever. Even just the thought of it is nightmare.

---

“Bye!” Luhan said, smiling so widely at Megan inside the car before it pulled away. And then he turned around with a frown. “.”

His secretary, Youngji, stifled her amusement as she followed Luhan who was stomping his way back inside his office. It was obvious he was pissed.

“What the hell was that?!” Luhan yelled once they were back inside his office. “Did she even realize that it took us approximately two months to get the negotiations done and now that we’re closer to the signing of the contract she decides to back out because her father thought it was too soon?!” He added while doing the bunny ears angrily at the last part. “Too soon?! Fancy Couture has been on the industry for 30 years! 30 YEARS! And they think it’s too soon?! I could practically list all of the collaborations they did since day one! Ugh!”

Youngji gulped before hesitatingly walking beside Luhan. “Water, sir.”

“Thanks.” Luhan murmured while snatching the water from Youngji’s hands and drinking it in one shot. “All my plans are ruined.”

“Don’t worry, sir, I’m sure something else will come up.”

“We need that Fashion Royalty deal. If we at least don’t get one of the big names to pull us up, we won’t be in their list. If it’s not that then I don’t know where this company is going.” Luhan sighed. He was silent for a moment in contrast to the noises he made earlier throwing a tantrum. “Forget it. I think I’m done for the day. I need to clear my mind for now. I’m going home.”

Youngji immediately went to his desk to grab his things. 

“Call me when something comes up. And I need the catalogue by evening today. I’ve already pushed the deadlines three times!” Luhan told Youngji while walking towards the door. “Also, tell Emily to slow it down with the sandwiches or else she is so not going to walk in the runway for our summer collection.”

“Will do, sir.” Youngji politely responded as she watched Luhan disappear behind the door. And now she can finally breathe.

---

Luhan arrived back at their condo after an hour or more, no thanks to the traffic at the highway. Not only is he mentally stressed, he’s physically drained after getting through that heavy traffic.  And it’s only 1 in the afternoon. He sighed as he made his way inside the living room when he heard noises from the kitchen.

“Sehun?” He called from the living room.

“In here!”  Sehun replied from the kitchen. 

Luhan took off his coat and walked straight towards the kitchen. There he found Sehun gulping a bottle of...milk. Yes, milk. You’d think he’d be one of those wealthy businessmen who would consume wine after wine every day due to stress from work (cough, Chanyeol, cough). Well, (smirk), in here we have Oh Sehun getting drunk from milk. “Aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

“Aren’t you?” Sehun retorted.

Luhan made a face at him for showing a bit of an attitude as he made his way to the seat across him. “Bad first day?”

Sehun nodded. “You too?”

“Not my first day but it’s still bad.”

“Is it gonna be like this everyday?”

“You don’t get to complain since you’re the CEO of your own company.”  Luhan said, laughing. “Must be nice.”

“But unlike Chanyeol who inherited his company, I made the company on my own so I can’t not complain.”

“You’re right.” Luhan smiled at him. “You two are not the same. He’s more knowledgeable with these things. His only major problem the first time was finding a wife.”

Okay, Sehun gotta say, he does idolize Park Chanyeol but to hear his exact thoughts coming from Luhan’s mouth made him boil inside. “Then maybe you should cross dress and find another wealthy businessman who’s bored in life.”

Luhan smirked. “Is that a businessman kink?” He tilted his head as he studies Sehun’s expression. “Or are you just jealous?”

“It could be a businessman kink.”

Luhan laughed. “It is not!”

“I didn’t say it is, I just said it could be.”

“Just admit you were jealous, Sehun.”

“What?” Sehun said shockingly, as if it wasn’t obvious enough by his tone of voice. “Why would I be jealous?” Oh Sehun does not get jealous!

Luhan smiled. Sometimes, Sehun doesn’t notice that whenever he pouts, he’s actually showing the truth. “Don’t worry. I’d rather have a simple love story than a complicated one. And I prefer men who are driven by their desire for success without losing theirselves in the process.” Luhan doesn’t remember when Sehun became that man but it doesn’t matter, because he started seeing him, and has never lost sight of him since. 

“You miss them.”

“Of course I do.” Luhan answered immediately and sighed. “There’s never a day when I don’t think about them. You know, Baekhyun really changed my life. He was that kind of person. He sympathized with me even when he found out his lover was cheating with me--I mean, who does that?!”

Sehun nodded, chuckling. “Yeah, that story never gets old.”

“I thought he was pretty dumb. But I later realized he just sees the good in people and that he has good judgment.” Luhan bit his lip, thinking about what ifs. “What if he didn’t talk to me that day?” That day on the restaurant, when he he saw his lover with someone else, how were his judgments not clouded? How as he able to keep his rationality and emotions in check in a predicament? “What if I we didn’t meet? Would he have dragged someone else into his world?”

“I couldn’t even imagine that happening.” Sehun told him. 

“You might be talking to a different person right now.”

Sehun laughed at  him. “You know what Baekhyun hyung would say?”

“What?”

“You watch too much Disney.”

Luhan lightly kicked his leg under the table.


--

London

When Baekhyun finally arrived at the doorway of their beautiful, beautiful, large house, there was a sound of a woman coming from the living room, echoing in the hallways. Chanyeol’s car was parked outside. It’s one in the morning. 

He made his way towards the living room and stopped at the end of the hallway where he got a perfect view of Chanyeol sitting on the couch with their maid grinding on top of him. He sighed. “Alright that’s enough.”

The maid immediately struggled off of Chanyeol’s lap once she heard Baekhyun’s voice and she looked at him with fear. “S-sir Baekhyun--this isn’t--”

Baekhyun walked closer towards her. “Save the explanation for someone who actually cares,” He said. “You....” He grabbed the maid’s hair and pulled her to the floor.

“Aw! S-sir!”

Baekhyun dragged her to the hallway, all the while pulling her hair. “Did you have a good run? How dare you display such horrendous behavior under my roof?! Didn’t I tell you first thing when Chanyeol hired you that I own this place and everything in it?!”

“N-no! S-sir! He seduced me! I didn’t--”

Baekhyun glowered down at her. “Oh? Are you pushing the blame to my husband?”

The maid’s eyes widened. “That’s not--”

“Do you really expect me to believe that he would go into the trouble of seducing someone like you?!” Baekhyun kicked the door open and then shoved the maid out into the concrete. “Leave this place, this country! Changer your name, your face, whatever! I don’t want to see any traces of you ever again or else I swear I’m gonna come and kill you myself.” That was not a threat. That was obviously an order. 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue and then slammed the door shut. “Stupid fools.” When he turned around, he saw Chanyeol waiting by the end of the hallway, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. “Did you have fun?”

“It’s always fun when you do that.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked past him. “At least you’re enjoying it.”

Chanyeol immediately hugged him from the back. “Come on. You know I’m just bored and all, especially after all that drama. Plus, I like it when you act high and mighty, it arouses me.”

“Is that age talking?”

Chanyeol paused and kissed his neck. “I hope it is.” Baekhyun chuckled at him. “Anyway, do you want something? I could cook, you know, now that it’s another maid gone.” Chanyeol said after breaking away from the hug and then walked inside the kitchen.

“Well maybe if you stopped ‘seducing’ our maids, I won’t have to drag them out of our house every time!” Baekhyun retorted while walking up the stairs, into their bedroom. “And just spaghetti for me please!” He heard Chanyeol reply as he walked straight towards their bedroom. He opened the door and reached out his hand on the wall to turn on the lights.

That’s when his whole body stopped and his eyes widened in surprise. On top of their queen-sized bed, there was a huge and expensive teddy bear sitting and covered with rose petals. He walked closer to the bed, still in awe. It wasn’t just some ordinary teddy bear. It looked like the plushie they had before, the one Brad Pitt mercilessly bit when they were packing boxes back in Seoul.  Chanyeol said, Brad Pitt was probably mad that they couldn’t take him back to England. 

But now, seeing the plushie in this form, overwhelmed him.

“Did you like it?” Chanyeol asked while leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed, watching Baekhyun and smiling proudly.

Baekhyun nodded and took a deep breath. “It’s so huge.”

Chanyeol chuckled. He walked closer to Baekhyun and hugged him from behind. “Happy Anniversary.” He whispered and kissed his neck.

“Happy Anniversary.” Baekhyun giggled and lifted his hand to caress Chanyeol’s face. “Did you order the maid to prepare all this?”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded. “Collecting petals is not my forte.”

“Aw, now I feel bad for dragging her out of the house.”

“You didn’t like her anyway.”

“You’re right. ” Baekhyun agreed immediately. “She didn’t know how to keep the bathroom floor clean. Should I hire our next helper?”

“Is it gonna be a man?”

“Yeah, I’ve seen some trying to get in my pants.”

“Fine, then, I’ll let them try.”  Chanyeol replied and  kissed Baekhyun on the cheeks before breaking away from the hug. 

“No weapons this time, okay?”

“Can’t promise you.” Chanyeol replied with a smug face. He grabbed the smaller’s hand and pulled him to the door. “Come, let’s eat.”


--

Seoul

They heard a bark and after a few minutes, Brad Pitt came strutting inside the kitchen.

“Oh, look who’s awake!”

“Hey, Brad Pitt.”

Brad Pitt went straight to Luhan.

“Wow, he still hates you.”

Sehun clicked his tongue. “He didn’t even bark back, ty dog.”

“Calling him a ty dog isn’t gonna make him like you.” Luhan stood up. “I’m gonna feed him. Come on, Brad Pitt!” 

Sehun watched as Brad Pitt happily followed Luhan out of the kitchen, snarling when the dog didn’t even turn his head to him once. The phone from the living rang and he got up to pick it up. 

“Hello, Oh Sehun speaking.”

“Sehunnie!”

“Oh, hey Gyuri.”

“Is Luhan there?”

Sehun glanced at the hallway. “He’s feeding Brad Pitt at the moment. Why? Is there a problem?”

“Oh, it’s about the Fancy Couture deal. Megan Liu seemed to have backed out the last minute.”

“What? Why? You two really worked hard for this deal.”

“Yeah, but it’s happened. Now, we need to take some precautionary measures to deal with the impending losses. Tell him to call me as soon as he can,okay? I’m booking a flight to Seoul right now so I’ll be there by tomorrow night.”

“Okay. Take care.” Sehun said before hanging up.  Luhan walked in that moment. “Hey, Gyuri called and said to call her as soon as you can.”

Luhan immediately groaned. “The Fancy Couture deal.” He dropped on the couch.

“She booked a flight and will be arriving tomorrow.”

“Did she say anything about mentioning this to Baekhyun or Chanyeol?” Luhan asked while leaning his head at the back of the couch.

“Well, she is Chanyeol’s sister so Chanyeol might already know about this, and if Chanyeol knows then Baekhyun knows.” Sehun said while imagining the trail in his head. “Why?”

“I would really love for Baekhyun to stay out of this. You know how he is with these situations.”

Sehun walked behind the couch and slightly pinched Luhan’s cheeks. “Fine. I’ll call him later.”

--

London

It has only been a week since the news of him attending Harvard’s homecoming broke out yet he felt like he was celebrity of the country all over again. There wasn’t a day whenever he visited the school for the preparations wherein nobody took pictures of him every chance they got. He was always stressed but he is indebted to the school for supporting his stand against his ty step mother, Amanda, and thus he could do them this favor of sponsoring the event apart from attending it.

But this day is different from those days. Chanyeol decided to come with him to how it all works, trying to get a glimpse of the world he lived in before they met.

“I should tell you, there are a lot of me’s in here.” 

“I won’t be surprised.” Chanyeol replied as he slowly pulled over in front of the hall. His phone rang out of the blue. “Oh.”

“I’ll wait outside.” Baekhyun said before walking out of the car. Minseok greeted him, already with his arms occupied with files. Behind him were Tao, Jennifer (the catering lady), Louis (the assistant organizer) and a few designers studying the structure of the hall outside, probably brainstorming together. “Is this some event of the year or something?” Baekhyun asked as he grabbed a few files from Minseok as a help.

“You know the board overreacts with these things. Especially now with you around. They want to make sure it’ll be up to your taste.”

“Wow, I sure do live a hell of a life.”

“Sure you do.” Louis, with that little smug face of his, interrupted. “It must be fun being Ellie and Bacon.”

Baekhyun.” Baekhyun and Minseok corrected.

“Baekhyun.”And Louis rephrased immediately. Louis is tall, around Chanyeol’s height, and has natural blond locks and baby blue eyes. He’s quite built and his voice is low and soft, like a prince’s. He looks like one of those men from fairy tales. “Well, it doesn’t matter. You are still as wonderful as ever.”

Minseok had this look in his eyes. It’s probably not obvious but Louis was Baekhyun’s lover back in college. Despite being a wild party animal, Louis was the guy who loved Baekhyun and all of his s. But it was an innocent infatuation.

Minseok cleared his throat. “Oh, you brought Chanyeol with you?” He said after noticing Chanyeol coming out of the car, putting his phone back in his pocket.

Baekhyun watched his lover walk up the stairs and he reached out his hand. Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s waist when he arrived beside the smaller. “I insisted.” Chanyeol said, doing the explaining himself, and Minseok chuckled. 

Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol and Louis glancing at each other. “Oh,right, you haven’t met him yet. This is Louis, he’s the assistant organizer. And Louis, this is Chanyeol, you already know him.”

“Nice to meet you.” Chanyeol and Louis said at the same time as they shake hands.

“And that’s Tao over there, some designers and the redhead is Jennifer, the catering lady.”

Chanyeol nodded and looked around the place. “Wow, seems like a very important event.” He said with a slight chuckle then turned to Baekhyun. “Honey, I did say I planned on staying with you here until lunch time but my sister just called and asked for a favor.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Something about Regalia and that deal with Fancy Couture? Seemed like something went wrong at the last minute. She planned on flying to Seoul yesterday but couldn’t book a flight as soon as possible so she asked me if she could borrow one of our private jets.” Chanyeol explained to a confused Baekhyun. “Don’t worry, I won’t be long.” He added and kissed Baekhyun on the forehead before walking down the stairs. 

“Okay, tell her I said hi.” Baekhyun said with a smile and then realized something. “Wait, who did they negotiate with in Fancy Couture?” 

Chanyeol was already by the door. “Me...Megan Liu?”

Baekhyun paused. 

“I’ll see you later!” Chanyeol said before getting in the car. 

Baekhyun waved at him once he drove away.

Baekhyun grabbed Minseok. “Did I hear him right?”

“Yeah, he said Megan Liu.” Minseok answered and watched closely as Baekhyun eventually smirked.

“And we all know who Megan Liu is.”

He knows her more than anyone in their circle so he couldn’t just sit back let his friends have all the fun. 

“And I know that smirk.” Minseok said and Baekhyun looked at him with a question mark. Minseok shook his head and walked away.

“What?” Baekhyun asked with a slightly high-pitched voice and then turned to Louis. “What smirk?”

Louis lightly touched his chin and smiled. “Your smirk is beautiful.”

Baekhyun stared at him and sighed. “Dammit, why did we break up again?”

“Because you said I was too perfect?”

Baekhyun thought for a second. “No, it’s because you were getting engaged.” He said and started walking.

“You still said I was too perfect.”

“You still are, honey, no need to reiterate.”

Minseok sighed as he watched Baekhyun walk inside,passing by him, when he stopped by the door. It seems like bad habits can’t easily be taken care of. He just wished Baekhyun would tone it down with the scheming. But as we all know, he’s always so reckless.

 


A/N:

/cries internally

did u miss these babies because i did ;;

((will update once a week bcos school))

- gelie