Reconciliation

Snapbacks & Ponytails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji woke up the next day a little earlier. She peeked out her doorway and checked the halls. ‘Clear.’ She ran down the hall into the bathroom, quickly locking the door. “Ugh, why do I have to hide in my own house?”

 

It’s not safe to be so far away from home at this time.

 

Jackson’s words replayed in her head like a broken record.

 

“Samchon (uncle) is the right word for you. Oppa, my .” Youngji said to her reflection, pretending Jackson was in front of her. She puffed her cheeks and began her morning routine.

 

She dabbed the towel on her face and opened the door. “Omo!”

 

Jackson was leaning on the wall next to the door, accidentally scaring her.

 

The two looked at each other for a second before looking down at their feet.

 

“Morning.” Youngji broke the silence.

 

“Good morning.” He greeted back.

 

Youngji awkwardly bowed and passed by him.

 

“Wait.”

 

Youngji bit down at her lip and turned around.

 

“I’m sorry for overreacting.”

 

Youngji put her hands behind her back, clasping them together, “I’m sorry too. I’ll let you know when I leave and I won’t forget my phone. I’ll try not to stay out too late. Especially if its far.” Youngji tried to remember what else caused Jackson to become angry.

 

Jackson crookedly smiled, “If your sorry, try saying oppa- oof!”

 

Youngji lightly hit his stomach and showed her discontent, “No.”

 

 

During the break, Naeun finally turned to talk to Youngji, “I can’t believe you went to my house.”

 

Youngji put her hands on her lap, “I just needed to make sure you were okay.”

 

Naeun let out a deep sigh, “You’re doing it again.” ‘Why does she always make me feel like the bad guy?’ she thought. “I’ve known you since kindergarten. We won’t stop being fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter