CHAPTER 1

The Tales of Saena
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Lina! Hurry up! I’m not going to be late for class because of you!”

“Coming!” She yelled out as she quickly put on her Converse shoes and rushing out the door.

“You need to stop being so slow in the morning,” Mark commented as he lean against the hood of his car, eyeing Lina from behind while she locks her door. “I don’t get why I have to wait for you.”

“Because you love me~” she replied as she jogged toward Mark with a smile.

“Since when?” Mark retorted with a slight disgusted expression to her comment. She gave him an exaggerated pained look.

“You don’t love me Mark?” Lina questioned him as she clutched her chest. “All those years I have given you my utmost loyalty and devotion… Were they all for nothing?”

“Noona!” Lina heard someone call out from behind. Before she could respond to the familiar voice, she felt a sudden force almost tipping her over.

“Bam Bam~” she cried in joy as you returned the adorable boy’s hug. She loosens her hug and playfully glared at Mark.

“Bam. Mark just said he doesn’t love me,” she told him with her crocodile tears.

“Ehhhh no way~” Bam Bam responded in disbelief as he hugged her closely for comfort. “How can anybody not love you? Noona is cute~”

“I know~” Lina agreed as she looked at Bam Bam. “I am cute, aren’t I?”

Mark stared at the two in annoyance as her and Bam Bam both continue to talk about complete nonsense. He shook his head in disbelief and walked towards the drivers’ side of his car.

“Unless you guys want me to continue driving you to school, you guys better get in the car.” Mark said as he got into his car.

“Okay~” both Lina and Bam Bam chimed in response, quickly heading into the car and taking their respective seats. Lina giggled as she watched Bam Bam and Mark squabble at the subject of Mark not loving her during the drive to class.

“We’ll see you at 3,” Lina told Bam Bam as he exit the car with a sullen face.

“It’s no fair that I’m still in high school…” Bam Bam commented as he stares her and Mark longingly. Lina and Mark looked at one another and chuckled at his comment.

“Then do well in class Bam,” She told him. “That way you can get into our school.”

“Our school is right next to his,” Mark commented as he pointed at the university only 10 feet away. “You still get to see us Bam Bam.”

“But it’s not the same,” Bam Bam retorted. The bell chimed, indicating the students to hurry in to class before the school gate closes. Lina and Mark waved bye to Bam Bam before driving off to the university.

++++++++++

“We have to go!”

“But we can’t let my uncle get away with this!”

“We have no other choice! Your brother ordered me to protect you and that is what I’m going to do! Now let’s go!”

“Where are we going?

“Back to my tribe… It’s safe there.”

++++++++++

“Looks like it’s going to rain…”

“Seems like it is… Prepare some food Minjoo, and tell your brother to catch something big. We are going to have some guest coming.”

++++++++++

“Why do you drag me to study with you?” Mark mumbled with annoyance, sitting across from Lina. “You know I hate studying…”

“If I didn’t drag you with me,

Please log in to read the full chapter