CHAPTER 2

The Tales of Saena
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Lina…”

Her eyes slowly opened at the sound of her name, only to be greeted by the sight of an empty throne room like the ones seen in historical dramas. The sun peering through the windows covered in thin white paper, giving light to the elegant details of the room.

“Lina…”

She turned around to see a man with a soft smile sitting on a throne. He wasn’t alone as he was surrounded by what looks like dragons. Four dragons, all of which were in different colors. They were smaller than how they were depicted in the legends. Surprisingly, she was not startled at the sight of them. She rather felt calm and comfort. She smiled at how adorable they were as they nuzzle their little head and snouts to the man; and in response the man were pet them as a reward.

“Who are you?” Lina asked the man, catching the dragons’ attention. They suddenly flew to her and gave her the same treatment they gave to the man.

“I am you,” he said. She stared at him in confusion.

 “Find us!”

She looked down at the sound of the voice, only to be greeted with the four little dragons pleading eyes.

“I want to see you!” said the red dragon.

“Me too!” said the white dragon.

She couldn’t help but smile at the sight of their eagerness.

“Find us!”

Lina suddenly jolted up at the sound of their booming voice, greeted by the sight of a different surrounding. She blinked a couple of times before looking around to see an interior of a wooden cabin with a metal pot in the middle and a small fire lit under it.

“You’re awake!”

Lina looked up to see a cheerful girl smiling at her. She blankly stared at the girl as she placed the wood sticks in her arm down near the entry she came through. The girl wore a ragged hanbok, with her long black hair in a braid.

“I’ll go tell Seulong you’re awake,” she cheerfully said as she dusted her hands on her clothes. Lina looked the girl in confusion as she left the cabin.

++++++++++

“You have to visit the priest he says. He’s up in the mountains he says. That old man couldn’t have been more specific.” Jackson complained as he and Jaebum hiked through the woods.

 “What is so important about this priest? We need to figure out how to help Jaebum, Old Man! We don’t have time to talk to some dude in the mountains!”

“For once in your life will you listen to me Jackson!” yelled an elderly man as he wacked Jackson with his wooden cane, leaving the poor boy cowering in a fetal position rubbing the area his grandfather had hit on his head. Next to Jackson cowering body was Jaebum, who was looking at his friend with a mix of worry and fright as he forgot how scary Jackson’s grandfather could be.

“How will the priest help?” asked Jaebum as he turned his attention back to Jackson’s grandfather.

“The priest has been known to predict the outcome of the kingdom,” He answered. Jaebum looked at him with confusion while Jackson grumbled, continuing to rub his head as he slowly sat back up.

“If the priest is so great, how come he doesn’t live in the palace?” Jackson asked.

“The priest had in the past,” his grandfather answered. “But because they hold the word of Heaven, people has revered him more than the King himself. Your great-great grandfather has banished them from the palace due to the support.”

The boys glanced at one another, before nodding their heads in understanding.

“Where can we find this priest?”

“At least your grandfather told us what mountain the priest is most likely living at,” Jaebum said trying to lighten the mood.

“Do you know how big a mountain is?” Jackson asked him with a glare, wondering if the boy in front of him was serious with his comment. Jackson’s demeanor quickly changed as he noticed how out of breath Jaebum was.

“Do you want to rest a little bit, Prince?” Jackson asked. Jaebum looked at him slightly out of breath and nodded. They had been traveling for a couple of days searching for the priest, but to no avail. Jaebum sat on a nearby rock while Jackson looked around the surroundings.

“We better find a place to sleep before it gets dar

Please log in to read the full chapter