Ji Ji Bae Bae

Frozen Fear

JiYong stood at his window and dug one fingernail viciously into the timber windowsill.   Smoke arose in a thin, indignant spiral and JiYong smiled tightly as he dragged his fingernail into a pattern through the wood.  Behind him an advisor cleared his throat politely.  JiYong looked up, a frown beginning to etch into his forehead. 

 

“Your majesty, the trade minister for Daeughaj is here about the new agreement you spoke to him about...”

 

“I don’t want to talk to him.”  Said JiYong impatiently.

 

“Sir, he was told he would be given audience with the king.  It would be seen as an offence to his country if you do not see him personally.”

 

The advisor jumped back as his young king turned furiously, sending a sheet of flame across the floor. 

“Speak to him yourself! Fix it, throw him out! I don’t care!” 

 

The advisor left and JiYong swung abruptly back to the window.  His gaze finally came into focus on the pattern he had burnt into the sill.  It was a snowflake.  Sighing in defeat JiYong leant against the timber upright and clenched his hand over the snowflake.  He could feel his fingers searing through the timber and took bitter satisfaction in the damage he was causing. 

 

“Hey.” 

 

JiYong started to swing around for the second time.  Flames were already dancing on his fingertips ready to send at anyone who had dared to interrupt him so casually.  He halted as a smallish ball of golden fire rolled through his legs and up the wall beside him.  The golden ball had already rolled back down the wall and back across the floor where it leaped onto an outstretched hand and disappeared. The flames on JiYong’s fingertips died as he strode after the golden fire to hug the man who had sent it.  JiYong’s army general returned the hug solidly then pushed the king back and looked at him.  “Why are you drawing snowflakes Jiyongie?”

 

“Don’t call me that.”

 

Taeyang squinted at him thoughtfully then stepped forward again to sling one arm over the smaller man.  He had remained JiYong’s closest friend and the only person JiYong had never felt anger towards.  “Still missing her aye?”

 

“Oh shut up.”  Said the king tiredly then tipped one eyebrow at his best friend.  “At least I have someone to miss.  Have you ever had a girlfriend?”

 

“You should know the answer to that.”  Replied TaeYang with feigned offence.

 

“Ever liked a girl?”  Persisted JiYong who would rather tease his friend then talk about himself just then.  TaeYang looked at him, the pretence falling out of his eyes.

 

“Yes.”

 

JiYong stared at him.  He had never known that TaeYang, quiet TaeYang with the good humoured eyes and a true soldier’s body had ever thought much about girlfriends.  But the look in his friend’s face told JiYong that TaeYang still liked this unknown girl.  TaeYang glanced down at the ground and cleared his throat. 

“Your army is on the point of revolt JiYong.  Why?”

 

JiYong hesitated, blowing his breath out slowly through his nostrils.  TaeYang was his most trusted friend.  “I don’t know.”  He muttered at the floor.  TaeYang eyed him thoughtfully, once again fully at ease.

                “ You’re a mess Ji.”

 

The king of Seoulician sighed again, defencelessness flickering orange under his skin.  “I have been a mess since I burned her.”

 

Greetings everybody :D I wasn't going to update this again yet because I've gone back and rewritten parts so I'll have to re-update it later. Then... I signed in and had... *counts under breath* six new subscribers and I got so happy that a rainbow started spreading spontaneously over the wall behind my computer so.... here I am.
Thank you guys so much for subscribing to my wittle story!!!! :') :')  I had so much fun writing this and still writing it and... I kind of really hoped people would like it so... yeah.  Anyway...
I was wondering, does anyone have any favourite Frozen quotes?  cause... if you want to comment them to me, I can try to work them in and hopefully it'd be fun for all parties concerned :)
OH! did anyone notice the Seungri nod in the title of this chapter?  even though.... I'm not using YoungBae's real name in this story....