Yixing, but you can call me Lay

Bits

“Hello everyone, my name is Yixing, but you can call me Lay. I’m from China so my Korean isn’t that good. I hope you’ll help me when I make mistakes. Please take care of me.”

 

Your head is resting on your desk as you peek an eye open.

 

Tall.

Pale.

Dimples.

Cute.

 

You close your eyes and hear him shuffle to his desk. Your teacher returns to his lesson and you return to your slumber.

 

-

 

You wake up to the familiar bell signalling lunch. With a yawn, you sit up and stretch. Your classmates shove their books and pencils away and run out of the room. It’s only you and Yixing left.

 

Huh? Weird. I’m sure he would have already made lots of friends by now.

 

You shrug your shoulders and get up. The chair screeching against the floor catches his attention and the two of you make eye contact. You think it would have been brief, you hoped it would have been brief, but his stare lingers, so you linger.

If it were anyone else, you would have already looked past them, but there’s something about the way he looks at you. It was enchanting almost.

You felt something stir inside you; starting from your heart, riding through your arms and down to your wrists; your wounded wrists.

 

“Did you hurt yourself?” He asked.

“No.”

 

You break the contact and slip your arms through the straps of your bag. You walk to the exit of the classroom and look both ways before deciding to part the building altogether.

 

-

 

It’s been 2 weeks since Yixing has arrived at your school. After your little encounter on the first day, you’ve been trying to avoid him. He is strange.

 

It’s gym time. While in the change room you wait until you’re the last. When the last few girls exit the room, you pull off your uniform and slip on your under armour. You secure the arms so they hide the bandages. Soon after, you slip on your regular grey shirt and dark blue shorts. You tie up your laces and hair before walking out to join your class.

 

You frown when you realize what sport you’ll be playing.

 

Volleyball.

 

I can’t. It’ll hurt.

 

You feel your feet take a few steps back. You end up bumping into someone.

 

“Sorry!”

 

You meet eyes with Yixing and he quickly grabs a hold of your wrists. You feel the same stirring in your heart from the other day. It rides up through your body and into your arms, travelling to your wrists.

 

It all happens so fast, you don’t have time to react when Yixing lets go and merely walks past you. You take a deep breath and proceed into the gym. Your teacher calls you over and you notice Yixing is with him.

 

“The both of you are late.”

 

“Yes, I’m sorry.”

 

“The two of you will have to practice together.” He passes a ball to Yixing and he catches it with no problems. “And you.” He turns to you, “No excuses.” You nod your head and walk with Yixing to an open area.

 

“Are you ready?” Yixing asks.

 

You look down at your wrists and pray a little before nodding your head.

 

You stare as Yixing readies himself before volleying the ball towards you. You quickly form your arms into a bump position. You close your eyes and prepare for the impact but you successfully pass it back to Yixing with no pain.

 

“Daebakk!” He calls as he catches the ball. His smile is so wide and his dimples are so adorable you feel yourself smile with him.

 

“Let’s try it again!” He hollers before passing it back over to you.

 

-

 

Gym is over and you actually feel good. You never feel this good after gym class. Maybe it’s because your team won. Or maybe it’s because you actually participated. You’re not sure what it is, but it’s nice and you want to feel like this more often.

 

When you change your clothes and remove your under armour, your breathe gets caught in your throat and your eyes widen.

 

The deep wounds, once left on your arms, are now gone. Small scars remain on your wrists and you almost want to cry.

 

How… how is this possible? L-last night – I… they should have been bleeding by now.

 

You wonder if you’re dreaming.

You wonder if you are you.

 

You feel your heart race and the room starts to twirl. You feel stuffy and the walls come crashing down until you black out.

 

-

 

Your eyes flutter open. You push yourself to sit up against the bed. You take notice of your surroundings – you’re in the schools infirmary. The sun is just about to set, the natural orange hue makes you dizzy, but you slowly throw your feet over the side of the bed and stand up.

 

When you slide the door open, Yixing is leaning against the wall across from you. His arms are crossed and there’s a look of worry.

 

“What are you doing here?” You ask.

 

“You’re okay?” Yixing fixes his posture and walks to you.

 

“Sure.” You nod your head and walk away from him.

 

“Wait!” He grabs your arm but you fling him away.

 

“Stay away from me. I don’t know what you want from me, but I’m getting weird vibes from you.” You start walking away again.

 

“Look! I’m sorry! I just-I don’t really know what’s going on, but I can feel it too.”

 

You stop but don’t turn around.

 

“Can you just… help me? Please?” He pleads.

 

You look over your shoulder and see how vulnerable he looks.

 

“What do you need me to do?”

 

He walks over to you and grabs a hold of your wrists, the both of them, and he stares into your eyes. You feel that same tingling sense from earlier today. It lasts for a while before Yixing lets go.

 

“Check your wrists.”

 

You turn your wrists upward and see how smooth your skin looks. You’re stunned, so you feel them. Running and tapping your fingers against them. Yixing’s lips are curved into a smile when you look up at him.

 

“Wh-what happened?”

 

“I fixed you.”

 

Your brows furrow. “What?”

 

“I fixed you.”

 

“You didn’t fix me.”

 

“Yes I did.”

 

You laugh and nod your head. “Okay, Dr. Phil. If that’s what you say.”

 

“Why are you laughing?”

 

“Because.”

 

“Because what?”

 

“You don’t want to know.”

 

“But I do.”

 

“No.”

 

“The least you could do is tell me, after all, I did fix you.”

 

“You did not fix me! You didn’t fix the messed up situations I’ve lived through. You didn’t fix my damn memories and you sure as hell didn’t fix the ed up person inside my head. Don’t think you’re so high and mighty because you made my scars disappear.” You feel yourself crack. The tears come pouring down so you pivot and walk away, not responding to Yixing’s calls.

 

--

 

“I’m sorry.” You open your eyes. The classroom is empty. Yixing slides into the desk next to yours with his head resting dangerously close to yours. You sit upright and look away.

 

“I accept your apology. Can you move along now?”

 

“What the hell?” Yixing stands up and stares you down. “Can you act like you’ve accepted my apology?”

 

“I am!” You snap.

 

“No you’re not. You’re being rude.”

 

“Who gives a ?”

 

“Obviously I do.”

 

“Like I said, who gives a ?” You look back at him and when you meet his eyes, he staggers over, holding onto his head.

 

“Ahh!” He grunts.

 

Your eyes widen and you help him sit back down, but he’s still grasping onto his head. His knuckles turn white as he pulls his hair. “Stop! Please stop it!” He screams.

 

“Yixing! Are you okay? What’s going on?” You ask but you know you won’t get a straight answer, at least not until later.

 

You place a hand on top of his forehead – he’s burning up. “Let’s go to the nurse!” You call. You help him up. He throws an arm around your shoulder and with your petite frame, you can barely support his weight, but the both of you make it to the nurse’s office.

 

“Please help.” You cry, slamming the door open. You surprised the nurse, but she comes to your rescue, helping you carry Yixing to the bed.

 

“What happened?” She asks. “I don’t know.” You answer with a pant. “We were just talking and then he just got attacked… in the head…?” You don’t know what to say.

 

“Is he sick?”

 

“He’s burning up.”

 

The nurse reaches for Yixing’s forehead but before she can actually touch it, he sits up and stares at you. His eyes soften and he reaches to hold your hand.

 

“I’m so… so sorry.”

 

You only stare back at him.

 

“I’m sorry no one was there. I’m sorry I couldn’t have been there…” Yixing looks down. His tear drops stain the blanket. “I’m glad you’re still here though.” He sniffles and looks up to the nurse. “Can you give us a minute?” Yixing quietly asks.

 

“Yeah, sure thing. Take your time.” The nurse exits the room, giving the both of you some privacy.

 

Yixing stands up and wraps his arms around you, letting your head rest on his shoulder.

 

You don’t exactly know what he’s going on about, but you feel yourself fall apart in his arms. You hold onto him, crying into his shirt, staining it with your bottled up tears; you said you would never cry again.

 

“It’s okay. It’s all going to be okay.” He whispers, your hair.

 

After you’ve finished crying, you push away, wiping your face. You want to look at Yixing, but you feel embarrassed that you let yourself go like that.

 

--

A/N

Like I stated, it's been awhile since I've seen some of the written work I have stored on my laptop, so I was surprised to see how much I've written for this short story. I think my initial idea for this was a one shot, but then I wanted it to be a chaptered fic, but that didn't happen. Lol. 

I don't know a whole lot about cutting, but there were a whole lot of posts about cutting on my tumblr feed (during the time I was writing this), and I guess that's where my inspiration for this came.

If you're a little confused about what I've written here's the background information:

Lay has supernatural powers of healing. He can sense physical wounds. When he makes eye contact with the wounded he's able to heal them, and with a direct physical contact with the wound it will heal faster. But the problem is, once he's healed someone completely, he recieves the wounds. He gets the physical and emotional pains (if there are any emotional pains). Lay has just discovered his healing powers too, so he doesn't know a whole lot about what he's doing and what's going to happen when he heals more people. 

But yeah, that was the direction I was heading towards. I no longer have any ideas to continue this, but if any thoughts spring from this little bit, feel free to write some more :]

leewrites