My first and Last Love~

My First and Last Love

~Long Chapter Up Ahead~

 

It’s been six months since he left for work. It’s always been like this. It’s like we’re not even together because of the distance between us. The only thing that keeps me going is the endless love I have for him and our two loving children, Yujin and Jaesun. Thankfully they’re both there for me as I am here for them.

Jaesun is the eldest; our 19 year old boy who would probably overthrow his father in the field where they're good at. He has my husband’s face and voice. I love it when he sings to me sometimes when his father’s not around. He’s really protective, just like his father. His grades are fine, maybe had a couple of fights at school but always learns his lessons. There was one time, during his junior year, when his girlfriend, Seulbi, called me telling me that Jaesun was beating up Yujin's former boyfriend for cheating on her. (sigh.. Kids these days...) I like his girlfriend for him. She's a great influence and really beautiful too. I trust they won’t cross the boundary of… you know that already.

Yujin is the youngest. She’s 16 and also not single. I met her current boyfriend and he seems nice but just like what I’ve said, Jaesun’s very protective towards her. He doesn't want her little sister to feel that way again that's why he always looks after her  at the same time respects his sister’s privacy. Just to be fair. I trust them to the extent of giving them the freedom to experience love. It's fine to me as long as they obey my rules. No evening dates and no skin to skin contact. Sitting beside each other and Holding hands are allowed though. Yujin’s boyfriend seems a bit off sometimes but we understand him. 

Yujin’s into art, just like me, and loves to paint and paint and paint all day. She’s very quiet but very sweet. She and Seulbi get along very well and would hang out all day if they have free time. Too bad Seulbi’s on a trip to Canada for the rest of the break. Jaesun and Yujin are stuck here with me.

“Eomma~ what are you cooking?” I heard Jaesun’s voice from behind. I smiled and showed him freshly cooked pancakes and eggs for breakfast.
“Where’s Yujin? Still sleeping?” I asked him. “She just got out of the bathroom. She’ll be here any minute now.” He said. Just when I finished cooking bacon, we heard footsteps from the stairs and saw a lovely Yujin walking towards us. “Good morning eomma.” She greeted and kissed my cheek. We noticed how unenergetic she was so I asked her “Something wrong dear?”
“nothing. Let’s eat.” She said eating the pancakes I cooked. “Well, we could talk about it you know. It’ll be less painful if you let it out. We’re all ears.” I smiled as she looked at me then at Jaesun. “Promise me you won’t freak out, especially you oppa.” She said. So something’s really wrong. “I promise.” Me and Jaeson promised. She breathed deeply before saying...

“Minho.. He broke up with me.”

Then tears ran down from her eyes. “Sorry.” She said. “It’s fine dear. Heartbreaks are a part of our lives. Why did he broke up with you anyway?” I asked. “well… he told me he doesn’t like me anymore. That he found someone new. This is all too sudden that I can't take it. What does that girl have that I don’t? Why did he fell out of love with me?” She continued to tell us more.

“One thing I know is that, she threw the most precious gem for a piece of trash. Don’t worry, you’ll find someone new in the future.” Jaesun said. “Don’t rush it honey. There’s a time and place for love. You’re young. There are billions of guys out there and one of them is for you so don’t lose hope okay? You’ll get over him sooner or later.” I said as I rubbed my hand on her back.

“How about you Eomma? Have you been hurt like this before?” She suddenly asked. “Why of course dear. I’ve been there and it was really hard for me but in the end... it went well.” I said. I could tell they were interested in my love story.

“Can you tell us about your first love? How, When and Where did you meet?” Jaesun asked. “Please eomma~ I want to know too.” Now Yujin stopped crying right after Jaesun opened up the topic. “okay okay I’ll tell you. Well, it started when me and my friends went on a two week trip to Seoul with my parents, your Halmeoni and hal-abeoji, of course. I was 19 and he was 25 at that time…”

Past

“Cheonsa-ssi! Come here! Say cheeeese!” Hanna, my best friend, shouted the moment we stepped out of our hotel. It was nice to have this kind of vacation from time to time. Eomma and Appa were resting back at the hotel room while me, Hanna and Shinhye were walking along the streets of Seoul since it’s our first time in here. “Hey! Let’s go to that sto-“ I bumped into someone who’s three or four inches taller than me, since I was walking backwards. Lesson learned. Never walk backwards when you're in a foreign place. “Mi-mianhye!” I bowed several times. “It’s fine. Just watch where you’re going next time.” Then he smiled and patted my head. When I looked up, I couldn’t believe who I just saw. It’s…

“C-can I have a selca with you?” I blurted out. That was embarrassing but totally worth it! “Mianhye. I’m in a hurry.” Was all he could say that made me feel like a mountain of ice was poured on me. He was so cold. I sighed heavily and try not to mope around here, since I’m alone as of the moment thanks to my best friends who decided to walk into a store while I was talking to…

“Mianhye… again. That was rude of me.”

Is that what I think it is?

“How about that Selca? Still want it?” I turned around and saw him smiling back at me, scratching his head. Is he embarrassed that he turned me down? “o-of course. Thank you!” I said and yes I got the Selca I want!

Present

“That’s how you met? A simple Selca? Wow! You must be really beautiful for him to go back to where you were eomma!” Yujin said, excitement written all over her face. “So what happened next?” Jaesun asked. “After the Selca, I said goodbye. He is a very busy person and I didn't want to waste his time.” I said as I placed the plates to the sink. “What?! You really let that chance pass?” Yujin said while helping me with the dishes. “Well it didn’t stop there. I uploaded it in Instagram, that’s what we called it in our time, and he liked it. He followed me and we chatted for a while after that.” I said. The truth is, I deleted and re-upload it again for every ten minutes and tagged him so he would notice me. I did it for a hundred times I guess? “So did you two meet after that?” Jaesun asked while drying the plates. “Well, three days later…”

Past

“Wanna Hang out? I know a place to eat and the food… AMAZING!” He sent me a private message. “I’d love to! Where will me meet?” I asked. “I’m at the lobby right now. Hurry before anyone recognizes me here.” He said and so I did. I took my bag, my wallet, my scarf, my phone and my jacket. I ran all the way down only to see him with a fake mustache, an oversized jacket, a pair of sun glasses and a hat. “hey. Looks good on you. Might as well wear a fake nose." I laughed only to be dragged by him towards his bike. He laughed before saying "Let’s go.” and off we go!

I thought he was some typical pop star who would take me to a five star hotel or to the most expensive restaurants where I feel out of place and would eat half of what I normally eat but no, he brought me to a restaurant where most people, OLD people, would go and have some fun. We ate Spicy rice cakes, black bean noodle and six orders of samgyeopsal, and I ate most of it.

“So, you’re not from here? Where are you from?” He asked me. “I’m from Busan. It’s my first time in here so I kind of don’t know the streets yet.” I said.

“I’ll show you then.” He said as he took my hand and lead me to many places that Seoul is famous of. He brought me to Banpo Bridge, the ferris wheel and some restaurants again. For the very first time in my life, I am really having fun. This guy is not what you would think of when you see him on TV. He is far from what he is in front of the Camera and I am thankful that he’s showing that side of him to me.

It was half-past eleven and my parents were calling me non-stop, so I decided to go back. “Thank you for tonight. I really had the best night of my life.” I said as he leaned in to kiss me on the cheek. “Consider this as a date.” A date. This was a date?! THIS WAS MY FIRST DATE?! “I assume this was your first one then. You look cute when you blush. See you around Cheonsa-ssi.” H-he just called me by my first name! I was about to say goodbye but he was already sitting on his bike, away from me and waved goodbye.

Present

“omo! That was your first date?! That was so Romantic! My first date with Minho was pretty normal. We ate at a restaurant, watched movies and went home. Remember that time? Ugh. Now we won’t be doing it anymore.” Yujin’s face fell as she gathered her important things. We’re going shopping today to cheer her up. “You’ll have more dates to come in the future and I bet it’ll be more fun than the last one.” I said. “I hope so. So! Did you two became a couple eomma?” She asked and I nodded. “how did he confess? Tell me! Tell me!” This girl. She really won’t stop till I finish my story. “Well… I was back in Busan when it happened.. maybe three months after I left Seoul…”

Past

“Have you heard from him since you left Seoul?” Hanna asked. “nope. Not even a hi.” I answered. “Maybe he’s just busy or maybe he’s having a hard time finding you.” Shinhye said. “maybe.. maybe not. We don’t know. AISH!” I suddenly stood up annoyed at the possible reasons why he wasn’t able to contact me. Maybe all of the dates we had were nothing to him? Maybe he’s not really into me? Maybe… He doesn’t like me at all.

“Cheonsa! You have a visitor!”eomma shouted. She’s currently at our family restaurant which, at this time of the day, is really packed up with so many people.

“Who is-“ I wasn’t able to complete what I have to say when I saw the man right beside my father, laughing with him while eating god knows what is it that made my eomma laugh as well. “oh look! There she is. Choensa! He came all the way to see you and to tell you something. Go on!” Appa pushed him to stand and came over to me, picking up the bouquet of flowers that was laying on the other table. He gave it to me and said “Cheonsa-ssi, I know I haven’t sent you any message the past three months mainly because I was very busy with work but... I was finding where you were at the same time. The two weeks that we’ve been together, having the best days of our lives, meant so much to me. I searched all over Seoul on your last day there for you. Now that I found you , I will never let this chance slip away again. Cheonsa. I love you.”

Present

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA~! That was so Romantic eomma!” Yujin said as we scan through dresses at the first store we went in. "He really confessed his love for you in front of halmeoni and hal-abeoji. That's really brave of him. and  rich too.How long did you two last eomma?” He asked. “yah! You’re really rude oppa, let’s focus on the happiness first. What were the greatest times that happened between the both of you eomma?” Yujin asked. “Every second that we were together. He’s a Celebrity. His doesn't have the time in the world. He’s always traveling or practicing and other times, he’s visiting his parents. That’s why every second that I’m with him is very precious.” I answered. “So have you had an argument? Like a very serious one?” Jaesun asked again. “Why are you asking that?” Yujin irritatingly asked. “That’s fine. And Yes Jaesun, we did have fights but at the end of the day, we still managed to reconcile. There's this very serious one though...” I said. They were all ears on what I have to  say and then…

“How about we eat lunch then I’ll tell you.” I said which disappointed them a bit. They’re faces are really funny.

Past

*ring!*

Me: Hello?
him: hi. It’s me. I’m on my way to your house today. They gave me the whole day to rest. How about we go somewhere?
Me: sure! I’ll go get ready.
him: Sure. I’ll pick you up in 15 minutes. Can’t wait to see you.
Me: me too. I love you.
him: I love you too!
Me: Happy 3rd anni-
*toot toot toot*
“versary.. Guess he forgot about it again. Well, time to get dressed”

I wore a simple sundress that day, a pair of black vans and a sling bag with my wallet, powder and phone in it. I waited for him for not fifteen minutes but for THREE and a half hours before he came in to my front door.

“I’m very sorry I’m late. I got stuck in traffic and our manager insisted me to go for a quick interview when we arrived at the dorm.” He said. Even though I was a bit upset, I still tried to understand him. It’s his job, I should expect that the moment I said yes to him. “It’s fine. Can’t avoid interviews. Haha! C’mon. Let’s eat. I’m starving.” I said as he lead me to his car and off we went to a restaurant with less people in it. We ate but we barely speak to each other since he’s too busy with his phone talking to either his manager or the director of his upcoming movie. I was really pissed already but I really tried to resist it.

“Is everything okay?” I asked when he ended his conversation with whoever it was. “Yeah. Everthing’s fine. So how do you like it here?” He asked. “It’s amazing. The food is-“
*RIIIIIIIIING!*

“Wait a sec. Hello? Yeah. Really? W-well, I’m kind of busy right now… what? That’s… fine.. I’m on my way. Bye.. hey uhmm.. I know I was given the day off but that was not-“ I cut him off by saying “That’s fine. I was going to buy some stuff for a project anyways. I uhhh.. I’ll be going now. Thanks for the food.” I stood up still smiling but there’s something inside me that keeps me from going out of this restaurant without telling him that I’m really upset about this day. I tried to fight it but I just can’t take it anymore. I went back to him and told him “Just so you know, today’s our third anniversary.” I said and ran outside going nowhere.  Tears started to fall down from my eyes and I ended up sitting all alone at the seashore. Good thing there weren’t any people at this time. I sat there and cried my heart out for as long as I could until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up only to see him looking at me with regret written all over his face.

“I’m really sorry. I.. I should’ve said no there. I hope it’s not too late. Happy Third Anniversary.” He gave me a box which I didn’t accept because I was really angry. I’m not the type of girl that shouts and hits anything or anyone I see whenever I’m mad. I'd rather  talk it out as calm as possible.

“Let’s break up.” I said staying calm as I could. His eyes were wide open when I told him that. “n-no. I’m really really sorry for this. I was busy and-“

“I know. That’s why we need to break up. So you could concentrate on one thing without thinking about the other."

"I'm going to make it up to you. I promise just please... don't do this." He pleaded but I already made up my mind. "It's just whenever we’re together, you’re still so distant. Like you’re not there.” I said.

“but I thought you’d understand? I thought you told me that whatever I do, you’ll support me?” He reasoned out.

“Yes. I understand and I support you. I want you to be successful and that’s why we’re breaking up. For you to do your job well. To focus on your music more without thinking about where should we go on our next date when you come back." He was speechless so I kept on talking. " I know it’ll hurt but one thing’s for sure. If we’re really meant for each other, then I believe that love will find a way for us to be together. But now, I think it’s best if we end it here..” I said as I stood up and returned the box to him. “Goodbye”.

Present

“That… That… That would hurt eomma! Why would you let go of the person you love the most?” Yujin asked as I paid the bill.

“Let's just say... It's for the best.” I said

“Then where is he now?” Jaesun asked the moment we arrived at the car. “Well, he’s doing concerts all around the world, making songs and performing as well.” I answered.

"That was unexpected. I'm tired eomma. Can we go home?" Yujin said, changing the topic.

Both of them stopped asking me about my past until we were back home.

We spend the rest of the day watching movies, eating, and telling random stories about our embarrassing moments. They're really his kids after all.

It was 8 in the evening when we had our dinner. Yujinpaused for awhile and suddenly said,

“Eomma? When will Appa come home?” I looked at her and smiled, saying “Soon. I’m hoping he’ll come home soon."

“Eomma? If you don’t mind, where’s your first love now?” Jaesun asked.

“Well, just like what I said-“

“APPAAAAA!!!” Yujin shouted when I was about to say anything. I froze and turned around only to see my one true love finally home.

“I’m back.” I stood up and hugged him so tight. I missed him. I missed him so much!

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming back?” I asked as tears fall from my eyes. Yujin and Jaesun were both smiling at us and joined the hug as well.

“I wanted to surprise you. See? Surprise. I have gifts for you. Open them.” He said as his other friends went inside to help him carry those loads of boxes he has.

“Oh my. I didn’t know you were here too. I’ll cook something. Wait here.” I said and I was about to go back to the kitchen when Yujin blurted out “eomma~ you didn’t tell us about your first love yet!” I felt my cheeks blush while their father smiled cheekily as if he wanted to tell the rest of the story. “So you were telling them that huh? Well, you're both lucky cause I know exactly who he is.” He said. Yujin, Jaesun and the rest of his friends were all ears to him. “nah, It’s better if your eomma tells you that.”

“apppaaaaaa!” Yujin complained.

“Fine fine. My first love was...”

Past

“Cheonsa-ah!” He shouted but I kept on walking away from him. I tried to run as far away from him but I was too slow or maybe he was too fast that he was able to grab my shoulder and hugged me from behind... Well don't blame me, he's one hell of an athlete.

“Please. Let me go.” I said but he didn’t, though that was not what I meant.

“Listen to me. No matter how far I am from you, no matter how busy I am and no matter how many anniversaries I forget, I will never stop loving you. Someday, I will marry you, have kids and give you a warm and happy family. I won’t guarantee that I won’t be away from you after that but I will do my best to love you and care for you no matter how far we are apart. I will always love you Cheonsa. Wait for me. I’ll come back for you.” He said and then he went on his way back to where he should be. Call me stupid, a fool or any other names you could come up with but I believed in him. I waited days, months and even years for him to find me and come back to me, and so he did.

Present

“Don’t tell me…” Yujin said smiling widely when she figured out who my first and last love was.

“Did your eomma told you she stalked me every day and every night in instagram? She won’t stop tagging and untagging me on our pictures together until I liked it. Your eomma’s a fan girl.” I elbowed his stomach telling him to shut up. That was once! I never stalked him again… Well maybe after the 5th.. or maybe 50th time I used it as my Throwback Picture. (ehe!)

“It was appa all along!” She shouted. “and how did you propose to eomma?” She asked.

Past

“Come on! Let’s ride the ferris wheel once again. I’ll pay.” He said as he excitedly dragged me towards the said ride. “fine fine. But just this once okay?” I said. He smiled and guided me as we slowly went inside the spinning wheel of doom as what I call it because just like any other ordinary girl, I am afraid of heights.

The wheel spun at I think five rounds when all of a sudden, it stopped at the very top. I panicked as my insides started to twist and turn in its own.

“Right after this, I swear… I won’t ride another one of these no matter how small they are!” I said still grabbing on to something so hard.

“Want me to help you calm down? Count from 5 to 1 then look down. I promise you, you’ll feel better.” He said and because I trust him so much, that’s what I did.

“okay… I’ll try. 5… 4… 3… 2…1…” I blinked hard after saying one and slowly opened my eyes only to see sparkling lights that says “Will You Marry Me?”

He was wrong. It didn’t feel good, it felt extremely Amazing! He was proposing and I couldn’t believe he did all of this for me. I felt the floor shaking, which draws me back to reality, only to see him kneeling on one knee while opening a box containing a ring that has a bright and beautiful diamond at the center. I felt tears, happy tears fall from my eyes as he said the words “Will you marry me?”. I was too excited that I suddenly jumped causing me to fall on top of him.

“YES! Of course! I would love to!” I said as I kissed him right then and there not minding the physical pain we both felt when we fell.

Present

“Wow. You’re so amazing appa. I wish someone would do that for me too.” Yujin said.

“How about you marrying my son Yujin. He’s handsome, smart and rich. He’s good for you.” Kris said. My husband, being the protective father he is, gave him a friendly punch on the arm, which I think would still hurt, and said “yah. They're too young to discuss that sort of thing.” He said. “Then how about my son. You two look amazing together.” Minseok said receiving yet another “friendly” punch on his arm from my husband. “Aish. She’s just 16. Let’s discuss this again when she’s like 30 or something.”

“appa! That’s too old. Besides (I like Minseok oppa’s son more).” Yujin whispered to me. “I heard that” Kris said which made me and Yujin giggle.

“You’ll find him sooner or later Yujin, just don’t rush it. Be patient and maybe he will find you first before you could. I'm positive that there will be that one guy who will love you the way your appa loves me. Okay? Cheer up.” I said and hugged her tightly. “Gomawo eomma. You really cheered me up.” She said. “I think I’m going to bed now. It's been a long day. Good night appa, eomma, appa’s friends (so many), Jaesun oppa.” She said and went upstairs. Jaesun decided to go up too so he caught up with her.

“So we have to get going as well. Our wives don’t have the slightest clue that we’re going home tonight as well. Good night to the both of you.” We said our goodnights and we were left alone in the living room.

“I really thought you won’t be home till next month. I was really surprised.” I said as he kissed my temple and hugged me. I really miss every single bit of him.

“I missed you.” He said.

“I miised you too.” I answered.

“by the way. Why did you tell them about our story?” He asked.

“Yujin wasn’t really feeling well a while ago. I just wanted her to understand about love and relationships and I think she understood it too well.” I said.

“To think she didn’t think I was your first and only love, that kind of hurt.” I laughed and kissed him on the cheek while wrapping my arms around his torso.

“Well, you’re too beautiful to only have one boyfriend your whole life. That’s why I love you My Cheonsa.” He said as he kissed the tip of my nose, which is very ticklish and he knows that.

“I love you too..

My Luhannie~”

 

~The End~