Every Night

Every Night

London, 2014.

 

Taeyeon was sitting on the window sill of her dorm room, writing in her diary as her roommate sauntered into the room, eyeing her weirdly.

 

"Everytime I come here, I always find you sitting on that window sill. It's weird you know." Her roommate said, sitting on her bed and Taeyeon giggled as she jumped from the window sill.

 

"There's a love story behind this window." Taeyeon replied as she stared outside the window, hugging her diary close to her chest.

 

"What kind of love story?" Her roommate queried, suddenly felt interested about the story.

Taeyeon's face darkened. She sat beside her roommate on the bed, her eyes never left the open window.

 

"It's a sad one."

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

London, many years ago.

 

It was raining hard that night. A fifteen year old Seo Joohyun was sitting by the window of her dormitory room, her chin on her palm, watching the raindrops raced down the windowpanes as her mind wandered somewhere. She was clearly bored, sighing endlessly as her face crumpled into a frown, not liking the fact that she was all alone inside her dorm room at night. She was always that one girl who afraid of the night for the night was the time when everyone is asleep and many scary things happened at night.

She sighed again. She shouldn't have said no to Yuri when she asked her to join her with the others for movie night in town.

 

Through a wet glass of the window, suddenly a tall figure of a boy appeared before her eyes, standing in the pouring rain just a few meters from her window. A sudden shiver of fear ran through her and scary thoughts started playing in her mind. Afraid that this guy was a bad person who waited to rob anything inside girls' dormitory. She closed the drapes in quick motion and ran to the middle of the room, flopping down on a sofa nearby. She then hugged her legs and closed her eyes tightly.

Just a moment later she lifted up her head and snapped her attention to the direction of the window, realizing that she was being too paranoid. This was Ashford Boarding school after all, one of the best schools in London and there was no way an intruder could sneak inside the area of the school. That boy must be the student in this school.

 

"I should stop watching horror movies." She muttered under her breath as she stepped to the window once again and slid open the drapes to see if that boy was still there. It turned out that the weird boy was still there, unmoving. She sat still and decided to take a better look of that boy by opening the window slightly since she couldn't see him clearly through the wet glass of the window.

A blast of cold air swept through the window as she opened the window and it caressed her skin that her upper body shivered but that didn't stop her from staring wonderingly at the guy outside the window. Her eyes followed him as he stretched out his hand and raindrops fell on his palm. For a split second she thought that this boy was crazy but as she continued to watch him, she realized that this boy was no crazy. He wore such an expensive looking clothes that only rich people could afford to buy.

Seohyun shrugged her shoulders as she finally closed the window and faced different direction, ignoring the boy and leaning her head against the cushion. She slowly closed her eyes and eventually fell asleep as the rain continued to fall hard outside.

 

An ear-splitting claps of thunder shook the walls of the dorm and awakened Seohyun from her deep sleep, causing her to slightly fall from her chair. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock, it had been over an hour since she fell asleep. How she wished she had fallen asleep a bit longer so that she wouldn't have to wait any longer for the sunrise.

She turned to face the window mindlessly and placed her chin on her palm once again but as she saw the view before her, her eyes widened in shock. The boy, he was still standing, still in the same position before she fell asleep. She quickly ran to take the umbrella and rushed out of the room, running to where the boy was standing.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" Seohyun asked as she held high the umbrella over his head, sheltering his body under the umbrella. But the boy seemed to be in another world, he didn't answer nor he turned his head to her, completely ignoring her.

 

"Hey, what are you doing here? You could get sick." Seohyun asked him again and this time he tilted his head to look at her. They looked at one another for a moment and Seohyun noticed the tears that fell heavily down his cheeks, he was crying silently. A mourning look was evident on his pale face and Seohyun could tell that he was in deep sadness, perhaps he had just lost the person who was very precious to him.

 

"Hey..." Seohyun was going to utter something but she stopped herself as the boy suddenly collapsed to the ground. She became panic and hurriedly got on his level frantically, unsure of what was she going to do about this boy.

 

 

 

"Where am I?"

Seohyun looked up from where she was leaning against the wall and noticed the boy was already stood up on his feet, staring at her in a weird way. Maybe he was just confused that he woke up in a strange place that was clearly didn't belong to him.

 

"Don't you remember? You were standing outside my room like lunatic under the pouring rain. I brought you here when you passed out." Seohyun explained as she walked towards him with a smile.

 

"You're so heavy, you know? I thought I could never bring you inside." Seohyun added but the boy didn't seem to listen to her at all. His vacant stare just prove it.

Seohyun felt weird at that moment for she never met that kind of person before, a person who continued to give her a vacant stare as if his mind was somewhere else.

 

"I have to go." The boy suddenly said as he ran out of the room.

 

"Hey, where..."

But the boy was already out of sight and she didn't even get the chance to ask him anything.

 

"How rude. Not even saying thank you." She mumbled irately.

 

 

The next day Seohyun found herself sitting by the window of her dorm room again with the same frown on her face. She was left alone again inside the room, only this time it wasn't raining outside but it didn't change the fact that she once again was sitting all by herself in the cold night air. 

She heard someone poking her window and quickly she opened her window, turning her head to the direction of the sound. A boy from yesterday was standing outside her window, looking at her with a smile that somehow sent warmth to the entire room and Seohyun felt slightly in joy. This stranger had a really beautiful smile that she rarely found in all her friends at school.

 

"Hey, um... I want to thank you...well, you know, about yesterday. I'm sorry I just left." The boy said as he shot her an awkward look.

 

"It's okay." Seohyun simply replied, looking at the other direction. Suddenly feeling awkward around this guy who was standing just outside her bedroom window.

A quiteness hung in the cold night air between them and the only sound that left was the sound of their breaths until Seohyun decided to break the silence by asking him something about yesterday.

 

"Um, so what happened yesterday?" Seohyun softly asked, looking at him as she narrowed her eyes slightly.

 

"Nothing. Just a family thing,...it's complicated." The boy replied with a shrug, the look of sadness still there in his eyes and Seohyun felt a bit guilty upon asking him the question that clearly was making him uneasy.

 

"Are you also attending Ashford School?" Seohyun threw another question, hoping to erase the grim expression that was now on his face. 

And it worked as his face softened with the same smile he wore when he first appeared outside her window.

 

"No, I go to another school." He replied and Seohyun gave him a puzzled look.

 

"If you're not going to this school then how do you get inside the area of Ashford School? The walls are high, it's hard to climb over them." Seohyun wondered, narrowing her eyes at him.

The boy just gave her a cheeky smile before he replied.

 

"It's a secret." 

 

 

 

One week passed and the boy had been constantly visiting Seohyun through her bedroom window. He said that he didn't have any friend and Seohyun happened to be the only person he wanted to be friend with.

Seohyun found it strange but nonetheless she didn't seem to mind about him appearing on her window every single night. She felt that he was a lonely guy and she had to be by his side when he needed her.

 

"Hey, Seohyun!" The boy suddenly appeared behind her as she tapped her shoulder, causing her to slightly jump from her seat.

 

"Gosh! Luhan! You startled me." Seohyun said, sending him a glare as she whirled around to face him.

 

"Sorry, I've been calling out for your name but you seemed so lost in that book of yours." Luhan defended himself as he pointed at a pile of books on Seohyun's study table.

 

"Well, I'm kind of really busy right now. My math teacher gave me a bunch of homeworks to do." Seohyun answered with a pout. Luhan giggled. He pulled a chair up from the other side of the room and sat down facing her. 

 

"Cool, I love math. I think can help you with your homeworks." Luhan said, grabbing a pen from Seohyun's grip. Seohyun's eyes sparkled in joy.

 

"Really? That's great!" Seohyun clapped her hands together and laughters filled her dorm room. 

 

 

 

 

"Seohyun, wake up." Luhan whispered, reaching for a cushion and threw it at her head. In an instant, Seohyun sat up on her bed and turned to him with a scowl on her face.

 

"What in the world are you doing here in the middle of the night? You should leave or I'll get into trouble if my roommate wakes up and finds me talking to a boy outside my window." She said. Though she was furious with him, she clearly trying to keep her voice down. 

 

"Grab your jacket, I want to take you to watch a midnight movie." Luhan replied with a wide smile, ignoring the furious look that Seohyun had on her face.

 

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you." Seohyun answered quickly with a frown as she reached for the window to shut it.

 

"Please, Seohyun...you're my only friend." Luhan pleaded, giving her a pleading look like a cute baby asking for milk.

 

"Don't give me those eyes." Seohyun replied, her frown deepened but soon she let out a sigh of defeat.

 

"Okay, fine. But you have to bring me back soon." She whispered, still in an angry tone but Luhan could see a very small smile curved her lips.

 

"Your wish is my command, madam." Luhan said, earning a soft giggle from Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

"Miss. Seo, this is the fourth times in this week you're sleeping in my class." Seohyun heard her teacher said in a loud voice, followed by a group of students snickered. She slowly rose up her head as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. Her teacher was already standing just right in front of her, her arms folded together, glaring at her.

And the next thing Seohyun knew, she was standing in the hallway during the entire break period as a punishment. Having been seen by almost everyone in the school was really not a good thing. It was so humiliating and this happened because of that Luhan boy who kept appearing outside her window and asking her to go to many places with him in the middle of night until the sunrise.

But strangely she didn't feel angry or upset, instead she didn't want him to stop appearing outside her window. She wondered why?

 

 

 

 

"Luhan." Seohyun called out softly and the boy quickly turned to look at her with his signature smile. They were walking side by side through the darkened compound of the school area after Luhan asked her to watch the full moon together. It was strange. Yes, it was really strange. No guy around their age wanting to see the full moon like it was the most interesting thing on earth.

 

"Yeah?" Luhan asked as he finally sat down on the grass and glued his eyes to the full moon above their heads.

Seohyun sat down beside him and followed his gaze as she started to ask him a question.

 

"Mind telling me why you only show up at night?"

He took a moment to answer her.

 

"I'm not allowed to go anywhere outside. When the night comes I just sneak out and go to see you." He said, not taking his eyes off of the full moon, a sadness was evident in his voice. 

 

"Um, why? Why are you not allowed to go outside and why you only come to see me?" Seohyun threw him another question, looking at him as she sat closer beside him.

 

"Because I'm sick." He answered in a very low tone and turned his head to face the girl beside him.

 

"And because you're my only friend." Seohyun furrowed her brows in confusion. She opened to ask him again but Luhan suddenly stood up.

 

"Lets get back to your room." He said without looking at her and spun around with his hands slipped into his pockets.

 

"But we're just arrived. You said you wanted to watch the full moon with me." Seohyun said as she chased after him and held his arm to stop him from going further.

 

"I suddenly feel sleepy." Luhan softly replied, turning his head back and stepped away from her, leaving Seohyun in deep confusion.

She realized that she didn't know anything about the guy who had been her friend for almost a month now.

 

 

 

There was a commotion that filled the room. Luhan woke up and realised that he was not in his room. The room was so bright and he could hear the loud voice of his father boomed through the room. He blinked his eyes a few times to adjust his vision to the light and it was when he found out that he was inside a hospital room. It was probably the second time in a month he found himself waking up in a hospital room. 

There was an oxygen mask strapped to his face and suddenly he felt a terrible headache that made him scream in so much agony.

 

"My son, it's okay...it's okay." His father's voice ringing in his ear, followed by a few unfamiliar voices of a group of people.

 

"Aaahhh." Luhan continued to scream, stirring hysterically on his bed. Through his blurry vision he saw two female nurses ran towards him and a male with a stethoscope

around his neck began to hold him solidly before he finally injected something on his arm.

 

It was already night when Luhan woke up in a dim hospital room. He slowly rose to his feet and changed his clothes when he noticed he was alone inside the room.

Thirty minutes later he arrived at his favourite place, a place where he would be meeting the girl who had been his friend, his only friend. The one whom he grew feelings for. For him, she was like the moon that shone brightly in the darkness of the night, the shining star that sparkled in the dark night sky. She was the one that made the night seemed lavishly amazing. 

He smiled at the thought of her and gazed around the blackness around him and thought to himself that the night didn't seem to be scary at all for he had fallen for the night. For the night reminded him of her, the girl he is in love with.

 

"Luhan!"

Luhan turned around and spotted Seohyun standing behind her open window, smiling so brightly at him that he could have sworn he was in the heaven at that moment.

 

 

Six weeks later.

 

 

Luhan swung the window open and excitedly jumped on Seohyun's bed as he noticed that his dear friend was alone in the room without her roommate. Seohyun whirled around when she heard a thud from behind her and smiled at the guy who was sitting so comfortably in her bed.

However, Luhan noticed a sadness on her face. He wondered why this girl who always smiled cheerfully at him was looking so sad as if something bad was happening to her.

 

"Why do you look so sad?" Luhan asked curiously as Seohyun sat down on a chair to face him.

 

"Today is my birthday, and it's feel so weird without my parents around. I wish I could fly to Korea and meet them." Seohyun explained with a pout. Luhan reached for her hand and gently caressed it.

 

"But you have me, Seohyun. I'm with you on your birthday." Luhan said, smiling his perfect smile that somehow sent a warm feelings that touched the deepest part of her heart, turning the sadness into a joy in an instant.

 

"Thank you, you're my angel." Seohyun said, giggling joyously and in one fluid motion she wrapped her arms around him. Luhan blinked his eyes at her sudden movement but eventually returning the embrace.

Seohyun hugged him even tighter and at that very moment, she realized that her feelings towards him had turned to be something romantic. She liked him. Alot. For several nights she found herself waiting for him by the window and the nighttime became the most exciting time for her. She had forgot about her fear of the nighttime and it was because of him. Because of the boy who came out of nowhere and made her feel the paramount happiness just by a smile that escaped from his lips. Nighttime had been so beautiful because of him.

Seohyun shyly broke the embrace and stared at him gleefully.

 

"I hope you'll be with me every year on my birthday." Seohyun happily said.

Luhan's expression faltered. A sudden emotion flashed in his eyes for a moment and Seohyun noticed that he suddenly looked sad. Just like the very first time she saw him.

 

"That would be great..." He said quietly. Seohyun frowned slightly, the boy in front of her didn't look okay. He looked...sick.

 

"Luhan, what's wrong? You look so pale." Seohyun asked him in a frantic way, holding his arm gently.

 

"I... have to go." Luhan replied, slowly getting up from the bed and moved towards the window.

 

"But you just arrived." Seohyun quickly held his arm again, hoping that he would stay a bit longer.

But he didn't listen to her. He coldly walked away from her and jumped out of the window. 

Seohyun stared at the open window forlornly after he was gone, her mind was telling her that probably he didn't like her the way she did.

 

"I knew it." She mumbled sadly and lay down on her bed.

 

"Seohyun...wake up."

Seohyun woke up instantly upon hearing Luhan's voice. She hurriedly rushed to the window and faced Luhan with a smile. He cameback. And that was enough to make her feel so happy.

 

"I have a present for you...um a birthday gift." Luhan said, moving closer to her.

 

"This present is yours and will always be yours." He added, a smile that she loves to see was forming in his lips, causing her heart to skip a beat.

 

"What is it?" Seohyun asked eagerly.

 

"Close your eyes." Luhan ordered.

Seohyun did as what he told and just a moment later, she felt something warm and moist pressing against her lips. So warm that somehow she forgot that the night was cold. She gasped and opened her eyes quickly. Her heart raced upon realizing that Luhan was kissing her. The boy she liked was kissing her tenderly and gently and she never felt so happy before. If she had wings she would just fly in so much joy.

Seohyun closed her eyes once more and placed her hands on Luhan's neck as she began to deepen the kiss. The teenagers shared their first kiss through the open window, bathed in the moonlight.

 

 

"Seohyun."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Promise me that whatever happen, you will always remember this kiss. Promise me that you will always remember the times we spent together."

 

"You're being weird, you know?"

 

"Will you promise me?"

 

"Okay, I promise..." 

 

 

 

 

"What is going on?" Seohyun asked Hyoyeon as she noticed the school principal was walking frantically with a few teachers along the school corridor.

 

"The son of a billionaire who happens to be the one who always donated to this school was rushed to hospital last night due to his deadly disease." Hyoyeon answered quickly.

 

"That's awful..." Seohyun quietly said as she hugged her books tightly.

 

"I heard he's just turned seventeen this year. He's just around our ages." Hyoyeon added and Seohyun felt so sad though she didn't even know about this guy.

 

"I hope he'll be fine."

 

 

 

It was almost midnight and Seohyun was sitting on her window sill, waiting for the boy who stole her first kiss just the night before. Yuri was gone with Hyoyeon and Jessica to some party and she didn't join them because of one reason, she wanted to see the face of the boy who had been occupying her mind and heart.

As the night went on, the cold air rushed in with so much pressure that she quickly moved inside her room and closed the window.

Seohyun sat on her study table, glancing every so often to the window but he had not yet showed up, causing her to feel slightly worry.

 

"Seohyun...hey wake up, sleepyhead."

Seohyun quickly stood up from her seat with a smile but as she noticed the person who called out to her wasn't the person she'd been waiting for, her smile instantly faded. It was just her cousin.

 

"Jongin. What are you doing inside girls' dormitory at this time?" She said to her cousin as she glanced at the clock, it had been 3 hours since she fell asleep.

 

"I just came to take my note book that you borrowed from me, but why were you sleeping on a chair? That looked so uncomfortable..." Jongin gave her a weird look.

 

"Here's your note book. Now get lost." Seohyun said, placing a note book on his hand and pushed him out of the room.

She walked to the window and stood there, gazing outside longingly.

 

"Luhan...are you okay?"

 

 

 

 

"Miss. Joohyun Seo!" A loud voice of a woman suddenly slipped through Seohyun's mind and the face of smiling Luhan faded in a flash.

She slowly turned her head to the tall female in front of her desk and gulped at the sight of the woman glowering furiously at her.

 

"Go stand in the hallway! Now!" The tall female teacher loudly said, gesturing her hand towards the door.

The classroom filled with snickers as Seohyun stood up from her seat and walked to the door with her head hung low.

 

"What's wrong with her?" Jessica whispered to Yuri, gazing at Seohyun who was stepping out of the classroom. Yuri followed Jessica's gaze and just shrugged.

 

Standing in the hallway once again, instead of feeling humilliated, she felt so much sadness upon thinking about Luhan who hadn't come to see her for almost two months now. He had left her in gloominess since he suddenly disappeared but she couldn't bring herself to hate him for leaving her like this. Her feelings towards him had become stronger since she waited for him every night by her window.

 

 

 

Seohyun quietly slid off the bed and walked to her window, opening the window slightly as she stared at the gloomy night sky above her. A thousand thoughts and questions swam through her mind like crazy, she was confused of why didn't Luhan atleast give her a call telling her why he stopped going to her window.

 

"Luhan, I'm staring at the night sky right now. Are you doing the same thing?..." She whispered sadly and was paused for several minutes before saying.

 

"It's been 72 nights since the last time you came here."

 

 

 

 

London, three years later.

 

 

"Seohyun! Hey what are you doing there? We need to hurry, our flight is in less than an hour. We need to reach the airport as soon as possible." Yuri said to her as she wore her jacket.

Seohyun jumped from the window sill and slowly closed the window for the last time. It's been three years since the last time Luhan came through that window and they shared their first kiss. Until now, she still didn't know why he stopped seeing her, leaving her in sorrow for these past three years. Perhaps she was being that stupid girl who waited for a boy for three years after just one meaningless kiss. She wished she could forget about him but everytime the night approached, she would think about him again and cried sorrowfully at the thought that he would never cameback. When the night came, she couldn't help but fell in love with him all over again.

Seohyun took one final glance at her bedroom window before she pulled her luggage and followed Yuri out of the room.

 

 

 

"Mom! Dad!" Seohyun screamed as she entered her home and hugged both of her parents joyfully. She missed them so much.

Seo residence was b with joy as the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Seo finally cameback home after years that she spent in London for school.

 

 

 

 

"Mom, we're off!" Seohyun rushed to her father's car and sat on the passenger seat just beside her father.

 

"I'll pick you up from college at 3pm, sweetheart." Mr. Seo said, starting the engine.

 

"Okay, dad." Seohyun replied before turning her head to the car window.

 

Seohyun was staring out the window when suddenly she saw a familiar figure of a guy was standing with his hands on his pockets and her heart raced instantly.

 

"Luhan..." She whispered.

 

"Dad, stop the car." Seohyun said to her father, her gaze following the guy who was now walking away.

 

"Seohyun, what's wrong?" Her father asked confusedly.

 

"Just stop the car dad." She said again and her father quickly pulled over.

Seohyun ran out of the car to the direction where she spotted the guy earlier but much to her disappointment, he was nowhere to be found. She started to think that she was seeing things but deep inside she knew that it was him. It was the boy who had a place in her heart for more than three years.

 

 

 

That night Seohyun couldn't get herself to sleep. She walked to her window and sat there, staring at the full moon gloomily. She thought about him again and cried silently. She thought that probably she would never saw him ever again. But as she continously stared at the full moon, a small smile formed on her lips, thinking that somewhere, at that very moment, he was also staring at the full moon and thinking of her. 

 

 

 

 

Six years later.

 

 

Seohyun ran outside what seemed like a huge building of a company and quickly ran to her parents' arms happily as they waited for her just beside their car.

 

"Mom, dad. I got accepted! Finally I get to work in this company!" She announced, smiling widely at her parents.

Both of her parents just nodded their heads joyously and patted her shoulders proudly.

She was about to follow her parents inside her car as she caught a glimpse of a guy who was very familiar to her. It's been years since she saw him but she could never forget his face. His handsome face who always warmth her heart.

She turned her back and started to chase after the guy.

 

"Seohyun! Where are you going?" Her mother inquired from inside the car.

 

"I'll be right back." Seohyun said as she ran back to the entrance of the building.

As the guy stopped in front of a huge glass window, Seohyun tapped on his shoulder, panting heavily from all the running.

The guy slowly turned his back and their eyes widened at the view before their eyes. Seohyun let out a smile at the sight of him, it was him, she finally able to see him again after years. 

 

"Luhan..." She softly said, stepping closer to her.

Luhan's eyes gleaming with tears as he stared at the person in front of him. 

 

"Seohyun..." He stretched out his hand to her but suddenly.

 

"Luhan! There you are, I have been looking for you."

A young woman in her twenties walking towards them with a huge smile plastered across her face. Seohyun recognized her as one of the people who sat in front of her for her job interview earlier that day. 

 

"Oh, hey. Congratulations, you're now a part of Lu Group. But wait, do you know each other?" The woman asked Seohyun with a smile, turning her head to Luhan then back to her.

 

"Yes,...we met in london when we're still in high school." Seohyun replied, but suddenly feeling uneasy as she saw how the woman's arm slipped Luhan's arm. She had a bad feeling about this.

 

"Wow, what a coincidence. Well, Ms. Seo Joohyun, I think you have to know that this man will become your boss from now on, he's the CEO of this company and I want to introduce myself. I'm Tiffany Hwang, I'm Mr. Lu Han's wife. We just got married one year ago." She said, a smile never left her face. She didn't realize the look of shock that Seohyun had on her face after her little speech about the CEO and her marriage with him.

 

"W-wife?" Seohyun stammered, in the blink of an eye everything changed for worse and she felt enormous pain inside her. The fact that the boy whom she'd been thinking of for nine years was already someone else's husband just ripped out her heart from her chest. It was really hurt. 

 

"I-I think...I-I have to leave now.  Um congrats on your wedding." Seohyun tried her best to calm her tone but it came out raspy, she couldn't help but to cry. She quickly turned around and walked away from them fastly as tears ran down heavily from her eyes.

 

"Seohyun!" Luhan screamed her name. He began to ran after her but a hand stopped him. It was his wife's hand. She gave him a questioning look as she held his arm tightly.

 

 

 

Seohyun stepped down her parents's car and without saying anything, she ran to her small house that she bought just a few months ago when she was still working in the previous company. She slammed the door shut and slowly she staggered to the sofa, letting her tears flowing down her cheeks. She tripped over something and fell down just near the sofa, crying endlessly as the memories from nine years ago suddenly playing in her mind like a sad movie. She was being such a fool for loving someone who probably never thought about her at all. She was the only one who thought that the kiss she shared with him nine years ago was real. 

 

 

 

"This is the document that you need to sign, Sir." Seohyun said, placing a document on Luhan's desk.

 

"Seohyun...how have you been?" Luhan looked up from his desk, staring at her with so much emotions.

Seohyun didn't answer him. She stepped backward, unable to look him in the eye.

 

"I missed you..." Luhan softly said as he rose from his seat.

 

"Sir, I still have so many works to do. Excuse me." Seohyun quickly replied, turning to leave.

 

"Seohyun!" Luhan ran and grabbed her wrist before she even got the chance to reach for the door.

 

"Seohyun, we need to talk." Luhan pulled her to the other side of the room and led her to sit down across from him but just several seconds later she stood up to leave. Luhan quickly grabbed her wrist again.

 

"Just listen to my explanation." Luhan said with a pleaded look that familiar to her, bringing back the memories about them together when they were still teenagers.

Seohyun was going to give up and listen to him but she quickly changed her mind as Tiffany suddenly stepped inside the office.

 

"Luhan." She called out to her husband from the doorway.

 

 

 

 

"Seohyun...hey Seohyun. Wake up."

Seohyun stirred in her sleep upon hearing a manly voice from her window. 

 

"This must be a dream." She murmured, still with her eyes closed.

 

"Seohyun." The same voice called out her name again and this time she opened her eyes quickly, snapping her head to the guy's voice.

She widened her eyes at Luhan who was standing outside her window, trying to climb up inside her room.

 

"What are you doing here?" Seohyun asked as she quickly wore her robe.

 

"You didn't want to hear my explanation so I came here to talk to you." Luhan explained calmly, jumping inside her room and walked towards her.

 

 

"Are you crazy or what? You're a married man, Mr. Lu Han. You can't just show up outside my window like this!" Seohyun yelled angrily, taking a step back as he moved closer to her.

 

"You gave me no choice." He replied, finally taking a hold of her shoulders.

 

"What do you want to explain to me? Are you going to tell me the reason why you suddenly disappeared nine years ago?" Seohyun hoarsely replied as she pushed him away from her.

 

"I hate you! I waited for you for years. I waited for you like a fool only to find out that you're already someone else's husband." She said, her tears began to find its way out to escape from her eyes.

 

"Seohyun..." Luhan slowly grabbed her arms.

 

"You know what? I shouldn't even angry at you. We were not even a couple to begin with." She harshly removed his hands away from her but in a quick motion, Luhan pulled her into a hug, holding her in his arms firmly while Seohyun made some desperate attempts to release herself from her.

Eventually she grew tired and stopped moving in his arms.

 

"Luhan...we can't do this..." Seohyun said in between her sobs, hitting his chest repeatedly.

 

"I missed you...I missed you so much." Luhan softly said and slowly he leaned to kiss her as he cupped her face with his palms but Seohyun harshly pushed him away before their lips could meet and ran out of the room.

 

"You have to leave now and I hope we won't be meeting each other again like this." Seohyun firmly said from outside her room. She was just outside her door, dropping on her knees as she put her palm against her lips, preventing her from making any crying sound from .

 

 

 

 

Luhan stared down at the envelope on his desk sadly. It was Seohyun's resignation letter. She had decided to quit her job in order to not seeing him again.

Luhan wiped the tears that was now coming down his cheeks as he crumpled the letter up into a ball and threw it on the trash bin.

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun lazily opened the front door and she was quite shocked to see the woman outside her door, smiling faintly at her.

 

"Mrs. Hwang?" Seohyun said, blinking her eyes confusedly, not expecting her to show up in her house early in the morning.

 

"Can we talk?" Tiffany said and a few minutes later they found themselves sitting across from each other in Seohyun's living room.

 

 

"I heard you resigned from the company and I know it's because of Luhan." Tiffany began, taking a sip of her coffee.

 

"What are you trying to say? Look, I'm really busy right now." Seohyun coldly said, desperately wanting to stay away from the woman in front of her.

Tiffany's face darkening. She laced her fingers around the coffee cup, looking up to meet Seohyun's eyes again.

 

"Luhan was sick." Tiffany softly said.

 

 

 

London, around nine years ago.

 

"Mom!...Dad!..." Luhan ran inside his house to the living room where his parents were sitting side by side on the sofa. He bursted into tears as he knelt down before them.

Realizing that his son had come from outside the house, Mr. Lu became slightly furious.

 

"Luhan, what were you doing outside? You should just stay in your room." He sternly said, stepping to his son who was now crying his eyes out.

 

"Mom...Dad...I don't want to die...please do everything you can to keep me alive...I don't want to die..." He said in between his tears, causing his parents to look at him in wonder.

 

"Luhan...what happened?" His mother approached him and got to his level.

 

"I met this girl...she makes me happy and I want to be with her every single day...someday I want to marry her...I want to live mom, I don't want to die...I want to be with her." Luhan added with tears heavily ran down his pale face.

 

"She's my everything to me..." He weakly said before he fell on the ground with a loud thud.

 

"Luhan...Luhan!" His mother hyterically shook his body that was now stiffened.

 

"Call the ambulance!" Mr. Lu frantically yelled to the servant as he held Luhan in his arms.

 

 

 

"He was in coma for months after the surgery and when he woke up he didn't remember anything. His parents then took him to the US for treatment and two years later he finally regained his memories. He went to London to see you but you were already left." Tiffany said, taking another sip of her coffee. Her hands were trembling for some reasons.

 

"He then went to Korea to search for you but it was really hard because he only knew your name. He search for you for years, until his parents decided to arrange a marriage between me and him. It was only for business and he doesn't have any feelings for me..." Tiffany began to cry.

 

"He is a good man, he never try to do anything to hurt my feelings but he only has you in his heart. It really hurts to share the same bed with the person who doesn't even love me..." Tiffany continued to cry silently as Seohyun stared at her with mixed feelings. She really didn't know what to respond to her at that moment.

 

"He never touched me. He never even kissed me, he said that his lips are belong to someone else and I knew that it belong to his first love...I'm sorry I didn't know it was you, if I found out sooner I wouldn't be-" Tiffany stopped as she noticed that Seohyun was already stood up and grabbed her coat.

 

 

 

Seohyun raced along the corridor to Luhan's office, tears once again running down her cheeks, only it was different. It was tears of joy.

Seohyun pushed the door open and found Luhan standing near his desk, holding a pile of documents in his hands. He stared at her faintly and dropped the documents on his desk as she ran to hug him.

 

"Luhan...I'm sorry...I should have listened to you." She cried, burrying her face on his shoulder, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

And after several minutes of crying, she broke the embrace and stared at him deep in his eyes as she said the thing that she'd been keeping for years.

 

"I love you..."

 

"I love you too...since the first moment I saw you." Luhan answered and Seohyun cried even harder. He gently touched her face and pulled her into a deep, passionate kiss. Their first passionate kiss and the very first kiss they shared in nine years.

 

 

 

 

"Tiffany and I are getting a divorce." Luhan told his parents as he stood before them with his eyes glued to his feet.

Mr. Lu raised his hand and slapped his son hardly on his cheek.

 

"Luhan! Are you insane?! No, you can't do this to us!" Mr. Lu yelled in rage, reaching for Luhan's shirt and slapped him again. His wife frantically pulled him from slapping their son and looked at Luhan in dismay.

 

"Mom, dad. I have found her, the one I've been looking for. I'm going to marry her." Luhan added, ignoring the pain on his face and the furious stares from his parents.

Mr. Lu let out a sigh as he faced his son once more.

 

"Fine, divorce Tiffany but you will not get even a penny from me!" He yelled again before he planted one last slap on Luhan's face.

 

"Pack his stuffs. Lets see if he can survive without any money." He told his wife and walked away from them angrily.

 

"Luhan, please don't do this. Forget about her and beg forgiveness from your father." Luhan's mother took Luhan's hand and gently held it with a sad look.

 

"Mom, like I told you nine years ago. She's my everything to me." Luhan swiftly replied, clearly ignoring his mother's words.

His mother slowly released his hand and touched his face tenderly.

 

"Luhan...it's not love that makes the world go round. It's money. A lot of money."

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Then what happened? Did the guy choose money over love?" Taeyeon's roommate asked eagerly.

Taeyeon glanced at her watch and bulged her eyes when she realized that the night was approaching.

 

"Oh, no. It's almost night, I haven't done my homework!" She said in a frantic way.

 

"Taeyeon! I'm dying to know the rest of the story." Her roommate scowled at her, throwing a pillow at her.

 

"Miss. Taeyeon Lu, your parents are waiting in the lobby."

They turned their heads to the doorway as they heard their dorm manager's loud voice.

 

"I'll tell you the rest of the story when I comeback." Taeyeon told her roommate before she rushed to the door.

 

 

Taeyeon raced downstairs and found her parents were standing side by side with a wide smile on their faces. Seohyun opened her arms widely and Taeyeon happily ran to her mother, hugging her like there was no tomorrow.

Luhan giggled at them and wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter gleefully. 

 

"Mom, Dad! I never thought you would come here to visit me!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

"We missed you sweetheart. And we have a good news." Luhan said with a smile, her long hair.

 

"Good news? What good news?" Taeyeon shot her parents a curious look.

 

"You will have one more brother." Seohyun answered, rubbing her tummy happily.

 

"No way! No, you can't do this to me mom. Kyungsoo and Suho are already driving me crazy. I don't want anymore brother. I want a sister." Taeyeon exclaimed with folded arms, causing Luhan and Seohyun letting out a giggle.

 

 

 

Taeyeon couldn't sleep that night. She kept stirring in her sleep as her mind filled with the thought about her parents.

She slowly sat upright on her bed and reached for her diary.

 

'Sixteen years ago my father chose love over money, he left his fortune just for the girl he loves and he never regretted his decision which is a good thing. It's very strange I guess, I almost couldn't believe that my father was actually a rich person and he left his fortune just because of his love for my mother. But he once said to me that he finds happiness everytime he wakes up and sees my mother's sleeping face. He said it is more precious than all the money in the world and I wonder how it feels like to love and to be loved by someone. Just like my parents feel towards each other.

They first met each other at night and love blossomed between them when they constantly met each other at night. I think it's one of the weirdest love story I've ever heard for the nighttime is scary. It's all about the darkness and cold air, well at least for me. I guess it wasn't the night that made them love each other. They were destined to love each other.'

 

 

Around sixteen years ago.

 

 

Luhan stepped down from a cab and took the luggage from the trunk as he stared at the small house in front of him with a joyful smile. Soon, Seohyun emerged from the house and happily ran to him, hugging him ever so tightly.

 

"You came." Seohyun softly said, looking up to face him with a smile. Luhan just nodded before he took her again in his arms, cherishing the moment that he was longed to feel since nine years ago.

As the night came, the lovers sat in the attic window, hugging each other and staring at the stars that dotted the night sky as they happily talked to each other about their lives during the nine years they were apart.

 

"Luhan, you haven't told me what kind of sickness did you have when we were teenagers." Seohyun asked all of a sudden, releasing herself from the embrace.

Luhan frowned then chuckled before saying.

 

"It's a secret." 

Seohyun gave him a look and hit him slightly on his chest.

 

"You never changed."

 

"I'll tell you. But you have to do something for me first." Luhan answered, looking at her with such a serious look and Seohyun wondered what was he going to say to her.

 

"What?" Seohyun asked, moving her face closer to his.

 

"Marry me." Luhan simply replied and Seohyun let out a very huge smile. She quickly nodded her head before pulling him into a kiss and a moment later the laughters of the lovers broke the silent of the night. They somehow felt that the night became warmer and less scary when they were together. Perhaps, because when they were together they ignored all the things around them for their heart, mind, and soul were only focused on each other. 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yay! Finally, done with this one-shot and I'm so sorry if this is not good hehe writing romance stories is really hard for me and I kept thinking about my ex bf while writing this story which is not a good thing lol but hope you guys like it and don't forget to leave some comments ^^

Oh, and I'll update 'midnight stories' and 'my grandmother's chamber' really soon, please wait a bit longer >.<  

And thanks to those who subscribed, commented and upvoted!