Lost and Found

Mondays, with love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had not been all rainbows and butterflies. 

 

Although she never had a problem with him going to the clubs and vowed to never be the kind of girlfriend to restrict what he could or could not do, she had some inevitable doubts about the women around him who seemed to throw themselves at him every opportunity possible. The few times she showed hints of jealousy, he waved them off laughingly, “Jihyo yah, you’re the only woman who would love an ugly man like me.” She knew he was reassuring her but also knew that he was aware of his charm and increasing good looks, and that he never failed to have swarm of women chasing at his tail. Arriving back at Seoul from New York and exhausted from weeks of busy schedules, she was missing him terribly, after not having spent proper time together for some time. 

 

“Oppa, I just got back home. What are you doing tonight?” She was unpacking her suitcase and deciding on an outfit for tonight while having her boyfriend on speakerphone. 

 

“I’m going to the club tonight. What about you?” 

 

She paused in her tracks and picked up her phone, turning off the speaker mode and bringing it to her ear.

 

“Oh. You didn’t mention that when we spoke. I thought we could spend some time together since it’s been a while.” 

 

In the background, she could hear Gaeko talking loudly to some people and knew that they were probably having drinks at Pokka. “Sorry babe, I’ve already made plans. Can we take a rain check?” Jihyo would not have minded, at all. She was not the clingy type of girlfriend and they led their lives both separately and together. She would never be the kind to say no to a boys’ night out and had never made an issue of his clubbing ways. Her friends would ask, “Don’t you worry that Gary might..” She would always laugh it off, as she trusted him completely. But this time round, she was upset. To be exact, she was pissed off. 

 

“What’s so important about clubbing that you’re blowing me off? All this while I’ve been away, don’t you miss me at all?” 

 

Gary mumbled into the phone for her to hold on and heard him move to a quieter area to speak. “What’s wrong with you today? You know I always miss you. Why are you making such a big deal out of nothing?” His exasperated tone with her did not help the situation. 

 

“I’m making it a big deal?” Jihyo felt a ball of fury within her chest and raised her voice. “Have I not been understanding enough? Have I not been letting you do whatever you want? Have I not watched you flirt with other women on Running Man and kept quiet about it? How are you so ignorant!” 

 

The silence was deafening. There was nothing from his end and she could hear her own voice ringing in her head. His silence only fanned her anger. “Are you just going to keep quiet and say nothing?"

 

He broke the silence. “If you’re going to continue being this way, then let’s talk when you’ve calmed yourself down.” She did not see that coming. Jihyo thought he would have comforted her and apologized for being an insensitive prick. Her insides boiling with anger, she spat, "I can’t do this anymo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter