Mr. Dumpling

Mr. Dumpling

Living your dream is a thing that could probably give you one of the most unexplainable happiness. And Kyungsoo agrees in that. He had always dreamed of being a chef and now that he had put up his small business that now starts attracting customers, he cannot wish for more. His business is a restaurant that offers quality and delicious dishes at affordable prices. He also offers pastas and pastries, even dumplings if the customer asks. He enjoyed handling his business. And it's even more enjoyable when you see how good is the response of your customers.

***

 

 

Kyungsoo has three employees, it's enough for now since his business is just about to rise. There is a waiter, cashier and one helper for him, assissting in the kitchen. And by the end of the day, they clean the place together.

Unfortunately, one day, his cashier has caught a cold so he let his employee rest. He said that his health is far more important than his work and they can do the job for him. His employee thanked him and he then ended the call. He walked out of the kitchen and went to the cashier's place just as a customer arrived and was welcomed by his another employee.

 

 

"Hello, Sir. Good day. Welcome to Delectable Flavors. How can we help you sir?" Kyungsoo greeted lively to the cute customer.

 

His cheeks are so round and so so so d*mn cute! Ugh... I wanna pinch it and kiss it!!! Huh? K-kiss? Eew. No.. No.. Erase.. Erase.. I only want to pinch it. PERIOD.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head to throw his ridiculous thoughts away.

 

"Good day too."

The customer gave him a warm smile that made him shiver and have an imaginary squeak.

 

Eeeek! The smile's so bright! I'm blinded! Omo!

 

"Uh... I'm just ordering the usual."

"Huh?"

"A-ah Sir," his waiter interrupted, "he's talking about his dumplings. He's the regular customer who orders dumplings. If not everyday, then every other day."

"Ahh... Ok. I'm sorry Sir I'm not the one really in this place. I just substituted for my employee for a while since he's sick." He bowed to the customer. "Take a seat for a while Sir, and I'll prepare your order."

The cute customer just nodded and placed himself comfortaby in his chosen seat.

***

 

 

 

"Sir here's your order." A smiling waiter approached his seat and handed him the paper bag which contains his order. Xiumin thanked the waiter and he stood up to pay at the counter.

"Uh, here's my payment. By the way, are you the owner of this place?" He asked Kyungsoo while the latter is changing his money.

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Well, you said earlier that you substituted your employee since he's sick."

"Oww, right. Hehe. Uhm, here's your change. Come back again Sir. Thank you."

"Welcome. And I'll surely come back here Kyungsoo."

He then left the place with a wide grin on his face.

***

 

 

"I'll surely come back here Kyungsoo."

"I'll surely come back here Kyungsoo."

"I'll surely come back here Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo?! Kyungsooooo?!! How did he know my name? I have no name plate and my business is just new! How did that charming man know me?!

 

 

"HELLOOO?! EARTH TO BOSSSS!"

 

Kyungsoo's thoughts suddenly disappeared when he heard someone calling him. He looked to his waiter and raised his brows. "Wae?"

 

"You seem to be so perfectly present here, but your mind is not. You okay Sir? Is that how you react seeing such a cutie Sir? I couldn't blame you though. He looks good on his grey hoodie, partnered by white shirt and denim jeans. Simple outfit but oozes appeal." His bi waiter said dreamily.

 

He mentally agreed but didn't say anything. He knows he is straight and not a bi nor gay. He likes girls. He should like girls. He snorted... "I'm just shocked how did he knew my name when he is not familiar to me. I'm just curious."

 

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. That's the first step from being in love. Denial."

 

Kyungsoo glared. "I'm not denying! And I'm not gay you bish."

 

"HAHAHA. What a word Boss. XD Yo~~ a strong denial is an approval. And I didn't say you're a gay Boss, just reminding you. *wink*"

 

Kyungsoo threw a crumpled paper to his waiter and screamed, "Aaaah! Shut up freak, I don't hear you. Lalala~~~ I don't understand you... Just do your work now, or else I'll deduct your salary."

 

 

His waiter just laughed out loudly while walking away, but before he disappeared in his Boss' vision, he left his W.O.W. (Words Of Wisdom) "It's not wrong to love someone who is the same gender as you, after all, it's not the organ below that loves, it's the organ above..."

 

Kyungsoo just yelled in annoyance and throw another paper to his employee. Lucky there's no customer yet, so he can freely interact and shout to his employees whom he considered as friends too. When he was left alone in the counter, he thought of what his employee last said.

***

 

 

It's been a week since the cute man daily visited here. If he doesn't order dumplings, he'll order kimchi spaghetti or pastries. And of course, Kyungsoo's happy with it, not only because he has a daily customer but he has the chance to day by day see him. Though, he's still curious why the man know him. He wanted to ask so badly, and so now, he already made up his mind. 'No backing out! Ask him, don't be shy! Fighting Kyungie! Aja! Aja!'

 

The cute guy is walking towards the counter and so he fix himself to be presentable somehow. He is not usually in the counter, but he told his cashier the day after when he worked back, that he'll be the one to serve the man whenever he's here. His employee is curious but didn't bother to ask, while his kitchen helper is also shocked. The waiter, on the other hand is smiling like an evil after that.

 

 

"Hello Kyungsoo. " The man is smiling to him, and he felt like jumping. That's how great is the effect of the man on him. "Here's my pay."

*coughs awkwardly* "Uh, would you mind if I ask something?" Kyungsoo asked nervously.

"No.. It's ok. Just go on."

"Uh, how do you know me Mr.? Yeah, you're a valued customer, but I don't know you that much, so how come you know me? It's not bad, but I'm just curious. Hehe." Kyungsoo said without looking at the man, he just played the money in his hands.

"Hahaha. You still haven't remembered me. *sigh* I thought you'll eventually recognize me after some time." The mystery guy said that whispering on his ear which made him stiff and red. Then the man moved away and said something loud enough to be heard by his employees and other customers. "If you are that curious, then go out with me tomorrow, wait for me at the park." The man winked and went out of the place.

 

 

 

He was left blushing, dumbfounded and confused. "Remember him? Do I know him?"

"BOSS!" His three employees squealed. "He is asking you for a date!"

"Yieee! He'll propose now! Oh, I mean, he'll CONFESS now. Be sure to look very attractive in your special date tomorrow ^^ !" His waiter excitedly said and the two others just gave him an encouraging look.

***

 

 

Kyungsoo is busy preparing himself when he heard the door bell. He is now busy applying gel on his hair to look pretty good enough. "Just a minute!" He shouted to inform the one outside that he's doing something. When he finally felt presentable, he quickly made his way to the door to see the person outside, only to surprise him.

 

"Mr. Dumpling?!"

 

Kyungsoo felt shy and smaller because of his appearance. He's too plain with his dotted dark blue polo shirt with its sleeves folded elbow-level and black fitting jeans with black sneakers. While the man infront of him looks amazingly handsome even if he looks awkward.

 

"Hehehe. Yeah, it's me. Uhm, I forgot to tell you yesterday what time we'll go out, so I decided to fetch you in your house." The man scratched his nape. "Good thing you're already prepared. By the way, you look really stunning and simply gorgeous. So... let's come?"

 

Kyungsoo cannot find any words so he just nodded. He grabbed his small bag and then locked the doors. He followed Mr. Dumpling customer to his car.

 

"Go inside. Be comfortable." The man said to him when he opened the car seat for him. He just gave a "thanks" and the other just smiled. When both of them are inside the car and the man started to drove, he broke the silence.

 

"How did you know my place? And where are we going?"

 

The man just smiled without looking at him. "Just wait and see. You'll know everything later."

***

 

 

They arrived at a luxurious building and the man ushered him towards a condo. When he opened the door, the man told him to go straight the dining. The condo is much alike his house so he didn't have a hard time finding it. But he did have a hard time believing what he saw.

 

 

 

 

On the long table are dumplings forming "I <3 U KYUNGSOO". He then looked at the picture frames standing on the right side of the table. It has his pictures when he was still in the culinary school, when he graduated and up to now where he owned his business. But what caught his attention the most is the picture of him and a nerd-looking chubby boy.

 

 

"That's you and me Soo."

 

Kyungsoo turned around and he saw the man holding flowers.

 

"K-Kim Minseok? Xiuming-hyung? Woomin-hyung?!"

 

 

Xiumin nodded while smiling widely.

 

 

"Ohh... I'm *gulp* I'm sorry I didn't recognize you.. You really look entirely different and.. and.. it has been a long time.."

 

"Shh. It's ok Kyungsoo. Remember before? I'm the crying chubby nerd you helped before... You saw me at the garden alone shedding tears. We we're schoolmates and I was your sunbae right? But still, you approached me and told me not to cry. You gave me your first personally made dumplings and comforted me. You never asked why I was crying, and you told me that I'll look handsome if I stop crying. You told me to groom myself and take care of my body better, and I'll surely be confident enough to fight those who made me cry.

Ever since then, we've been friends, and ever since then, I loved your dumplings. In a short time we've became really close, unfortunately, because I'm ahead of you, I graduated first which separated us. But that didn't became a reason for me to forget you and what you told me.

You said 'You know Woomin-hyung.. I'll never put myself in a relationship unless I'd really become a chef and put up my own business. If ever that happen, I'll then let myself fall in love.'

I was shocked and disappointed by your words, but I respected it. I told myself I'll wait, 'cause I believe you can do what you really wanted. And so when I graduated, I changed myself and worked hard. I earn money, support my parents, sustain my nessecities... Yet I never forget you.. Honestly, I secretly stalked you, up until now. And when I found out that you already have your own restaurant like you've always wanted, I am really proud.. I never fail to believe you can make it come true.. I am so happy especially I also see your happiness for your achievement.. You know, I always come there hoping I could see you, unfortunately, you'are always in the kitchen.. :/

When I found out that you already moved into your own house, I hired the ones who made yours and asked them to fix this, my unit, the way they fix yours, so that I can feel I'm in the same place with you, like I am with you and you are with me, somehow.. I just, terribly miss you Kyungsoo. You made me crazy each day that passes.. I am afraid I might be late that's why I'm grabbing all the chances I could have.. Hehe. Do I freak you out?

But now Soo. Fate has permitted us to meet again and you already remembered me by now, which I'm really thankful for, I also have gathered all my guts to ask you now.. Since you are now Chef/Restau Owner Do Kyungsoo.. Will you now let yourself fall in love??" Xiumin asked full of love while handing the flowers.

 


Kyungsoo smiled. He looked straightly to Xiumin's eyes and closed the small space between them then wrapped Xiumin's hands on his waist. He put his hands behind the elder's neck and kissed him.

"I already did Mr. Dumpling Kim Minseok;) I already love you. :D"

 

 

 

 

T^T I keep on dreaming weird things. HUHU..
 
BTW.. Upvotes, subscriptions and comments are loved.. thankie :)

Check my other stories out ^^

Sangmi here <3
xoxo;)

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! :)

Before the year ends, i have a blog and if you are interested, you van read it.. ^^ this is a POV of mine this 2014 :)

 

2014 IS 2014

thanks.. :D