Christmas Eve

Unexpected Love

41439735.jpg

 

 

I wouldn't be in this situation, if the person whom I trusted and love for many reasons did not left me for another man. It hurts when he hesitates to say he loves me after what I done for him.

 

What a timing! Since he chose to break up with me on the 24th of December, the day before Christmas. Leaving me alone on the middle of the street, cold and broken. How can he be so cruel, he could have chosen another day to broke up. But he refuse to explained why must be the day, he just said that he wants out on our relationship that he fell out of love. The guy must be handsome than him, he's lucky to spend his Christmas with my ex-lover.

 

I should have known that Junsu was cunning, taking advantage of my love for him. Treating me like a slave, I gave him everything he wanted. I was fooled by his sweet smile and cute eyes, that glistens on me when he wants something. Being so in love with him blinded me that I forgot to secure what's mine. I've been contented of seeing him smile and with his kisses when he got what he demands on me.

 

"Yunho-ah..I'm sorry to say this but I want out. I think we became comfortable with ourselves and I don't feel it anymore. I don't feel the sparks between us. And It would be unfair in your part if I pretend to love you when it's not anymore."

 

"What? Why now, Su? Did I do something wrong? Tell me, why do you have to do this, now!?"

 

"Please, Yun. Come down, people are staring at us."

 

"I don't care! I love you, Su..and I'm not prepared to lose you.."

 

"I'm sorry, Yun..but I have to."

 

By the time, I look up to convince him to give me a chance, I saw him walk out and run across the street. A car was waiting for him, another man went out and hug him. And my heart shattered when I saw them kissing right before my eyes. So that's it, he has another man with him and he doesn't need me anymore.

 

 

5 hours before Christmas..

 

Staring at the Christmas tree, I felt like the loneliest man in the world. I did not cry when Junsu left me, but I feel numb. Everywhere I look, everyone seems so happy..going out with their love ones and family, couples cuddling on a warm blanket, kissing under the mistletoes and giving gifts and kisses on each other. The night was bright and shining, the streets and stores are full of decors and lights that made it so wonderful. But no matter how he look at them, they seemed dull, my gloomy eyes felt bored looking at them.

 

Siting on my favorite spot on the top of the hill, throwing a bored look on the dark skies while waiting for the fireworks. I was thinking of taking Junsu in this place, a quite but breathtaking spot since he could see the whole city from here. But I realize that this kind of place will never get appreciated, I doubt if he would even like it.

 

I take out a small gift from my coat, tracing it on my hands and smiled bitterly. I wanted to proposed to him but I guess it's too late. This gift needs to go away too, lifting my hand on the air to throw it when I heard a low sniffle.

 

Cries were coming from a bench next to me, looking at the woman curiously my heart swelled. The lady was wearing a hoody so it's hard seeing her face, clearing my throat loudly to grab her attention.

 

My mouth fall as she gaze at me, correction, she was a he. His doe eyes are streaming with tears, red nose match his pouty lips. The sight makes me speechless, I thought I was the only lonely man in the top of the hill, oh hell, in the world. But seeing this guys pouring his tears on someone makes me an idiot, how could I sulk over Junsu when there are a lot of thing to enjoy, it's not like Junsu is the only beautiful man in this world.

 

I felt less lonely, the guy on my side was now staring at me cutely. His teary eyes was now, dried but he keeps sniffing. His hands move to wipe them from his sleeves.

 

Taking my handkerchief from my inner pocket, I reached to give it to him. He smiled shyly and shook his head. Looking away from me, his eyes went on below avoiding my curious look.

 

He was still looking down that he fail to see me sitting beside him.

 

"Take it." Offering my handkerchief once again.

 

"Thank you." He muttered, hesitatingly took it. I smiled when he stared at the thing. Arguing whether to use it or not, at the end, he blow his nose softly and wipe his tears dry.

 

"I'll wash this and return it to you.." His soft voice broke the silence.

 

"It's okay, you can have it." I said, grinning to myself.

 

We sit there, looking silently at the skies, I've counted the minutes passed before I took courage to speak again. "Crying doesn't suits you, you're too beautiful to cry."

 

The dim light from the post made it possible for me to see his reaction. His mouth gaped at me unbelievably. Then again, I saw tears started to fall in his eyes, he seemed to be sad about something.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Honestly speaking, you are the most gorgeous man I've seen." I added, he is way beautiful than my ex lover.

 

"No, it's okay... It's just that I'm not used to those kind of compliments."

 

"What!? What do you mean?"

 

"I..i look ugly. No one ever said like that to me..but thanks.." I can see bitterness in his eyes. Oh God! Are people around him gone blind, no one appreciates him when he got this kind rare of beauty!

 

"Oh, they must be blind. They missed how beautiful you look like." He smiled again at me. He was pleased to hear what I said.

 

Giving his hand a tight squeezed, I put the small gift on his palm. If it means that he could see those lovely smile then he can have it.

 

"What's this?"

 

"Open it."

 

His pretty hands move to unwrapped the gift. What a lovely sight! I realize everything he do was cute since his eyes was practically smiling at he opened the gift.

 

His expression changed, from happiness then to sadness. Exquisite fingers trace the ring, those lovely eyes look disappointed as he saw the carved name on the ring. Junsu

 

! I forgot it has Junsu's name carved on it.

 

"He is lucky.. I can't accept this..." He whispered, he lost confidence in his voice. His expression staggered, he cover his mouth and cry. He fell in love with this guy on first sight when there is someone in his life already. He felt pathetic thinking that he could meet a guy that would like him for what he is.

 

"Hey, why are you crying?"

 

"I don't know, I just feel sad."

 

"Well, you don't have too. The ring was suppose to be thrown away, you can have it."

 

He look at me, he was confused. "Why would you throw it? It's beautiful, you should give it to your lover."

 

"Hmm..correction, it's ex-lover. He dump a while ago.. But I don't care..I found something that's worth my attention." I smiled at him, reaching my hand to touch his face.

 

"Oh, that's sad." He said and dried his tears.

 

I look at him with intense concentration, my hands traveled to wipe the remaining tears. I don't know why he had this much tears but now I get it. He must have suppressed them when he was around those people who blindly judge him because of his looks. He might have been shedding tears alone, hiding them. I admire how strong he was, putting a hard look on his face while people insulted him and cry after when no one is around. But I would not consider it as a healthy habit, sometimes, he needs to cry on someone's shoulder. 

 

I felt him shiver when a cold wind blew on their way. "Are you cold?"

 

"A little bit." Sensing his voice tremble, I offer my hands on front of him.

 

"Take it, I feel cold, too"

 

He sighed, seems to reluctant to accept my hands. " You're really so persistent." He chuckled, gripping my hands lightly.

 

I laughed at his remarks. "Not really, it's just that I feel that you needed someone." If he just know how I easily gives up on Junsu, he might feel bad on me. But seriously, I know when's the time that I don't have a chance anymore, it feels weird to go after Junsu when I have enough of his games. He already got a man who can satisfy and give everything he wants so he dump me, he was tired on cheap things I gave him.

 

"Your hand feels so nice, I like it!" He giggled, he took the ring and inspect it once again.

 

"You can have mine.." I said and pulled off the ring on my finger and put it on his palm.

 

"Oh, your name is Yunho?" He gasp cutely, playing my name on his lips. He leaned on me, and settled his head on my shoulder.

 

It took me a minute before I realize that we haven't know each other's name. I was so comfortable with his company and conversation, chuckling at my stupidness. "Yeah, what's your name, doe-eyed beauty?"

 

"Jaejoong.. Kim Jaejoong." He said in a low voice.

 

"Nice meeting you, Jae. Wanna see the fireworks together?"

 

"Yes."

 

''Oh wait!"

 

I took the ring on his palm and grab his finger, letting me put it on. My ring fits perfectly on his finger, like it was really made for him. Putting back the other ring back to the box, I was thinking of changing the name carved on it.

 

Though it's just hours of meeting and knowing each other, it was like years since we talk like we already know each other. I could not stop laughing when he said that he likes elephant so much, and he began to pinch my cheeks and call me bear. We are so close on each other, our shoulder are touching and legs are brushing on each other, but we don't mind. It feels good to have someone close under the cold night, sharing the same thoughts.

 

We are lost in talking and teasing each other when we heard a loud boom followed by colorful fireworks that painted across the dark skies.

 

"Merry Christmas, Jae!"

 

''Merry Christmas, Yunnie!"

 

We both greeted each other at the same time, I slip my hand on his waist. Without thinking straight, I just leaned on him and pressed my lips on his mouth. Caught startled he was shocked, looking at me with disbelief.

 

Slowly he became comfortable with the warm on his mouth, Jaejoong kissed me back. Breaking the kiss, I look at him..our eyes met and we both understand each other. He threw his arms on me and I hug him tight. I locked my arms on his waist, securing him warmly on my chest. Apparently I move him into my lap since it was comfortable that way.

 

"Jaejoong, I know it's quite fast but I think I love you." I said, taking extra effort of saying it as gentle as he was, my voice almost failed because of the loud thudding of my heart.

 

"Really, I don't really care if we just met. I want to be happy, Yun and I think I can be If I'm with you." He said and give me a soft kiss on the cheek.

 

We stayed there as silent as we want to savor our moment together, staring at the colorful night sky. We have many things in common, we are not into material things and we genuinely cared to our love ones even though we have been deceived and hurt. We both adored kids, and like to dance and sing. In a simple words, Jaejoong and I are compatible with each other, holding him in my arms felt incredible and I don't want to let this moment to end.

 

I stretched my neck when it feels stiff after looking at the fireworks. "Jae?" I waited for a response but all I heard was a light snore. I tried hard not laugh as his head hung low on my shoulders, adjusting him on my arms and supporting his body close to me.

 

I watch him sleep, he was freaking cute as he mumbled incoherently on his sleep. Looking at him, I realize he was tired, he might be exhausted from along day of working for his family and emotional stress. From their talk earlier, I've learned that Jaejoong was living with his aunt that treated him badly. The family that took him from the orphanage and promised to take care of him and send him to school was a total lie. Jaejoong was made a servant to the family, though he was not beaten but he was tortured emotionally. Those people treated him like , their ugly faces and insecurities that Jaejoong was more beautiful than them made them bully him.

 

It was not a problem if Jaejoong has no place to stay, I can offer my place since it has extra rooms. Deep inside me, I don't want to see him hurt and I will do anything to protect him. It's not like I mistake my feelings for pity, it was not hard loving Jaejoong. Everything about him looks real, pure..and innocent on things that he need someone he could rely on. He looks so soft and fragile, I want to preserve those unique attitude on him.

 

Glancing at my watch, it was 2 in the morning..it's been hours since the fireworks display ended. I took a deep breath and gazed at the sky again when a small droplets of water wet my skin. It was pouring lightly and they might catch cold if they stay here longer.

 

"Hey, Jae..I hate to wake you up but It'll rain soon." Tapping his cheeks, he look at me daze but blink profusely when the rain began to wet his face.

 

I help him up from my lap, steading him I took my coat and put it on his head.

 

He yawned cutely. "Uh, I fall asleep..your arm feels cozy!"

 

Dear me! I think I just lost my sanity, he was acting all cute on me. Fixing my coat on his head, he smiled sweetly, seems to appreciate my effort. "Yah, you do know that I'm wearing hoody."

 

"Nah, still you might catch cold on those thin clothes. Come on!" I pulled him along with me as he walked down the hill. His hands move the coat, covering me also.

 

"Let's just share, I don't want you getting sick!"

 

I smiled and we ran together on the streets as we stick close. But the coat was not big enough to shed us from the rain, so we ended up getting soaked. Taking taxi, I told him that he could stay in my house. At first he refuse but being persistent and stubborn as I was, he gave in and let me lead him.

 

Running on the door way, he wiggled sticking his hair everywhere. I unlocked the door and invited him in, turning the heater on. I reached for the towels on the cabinet and passed it on him.

 

"Thank you!"

 

"Make yourself comfortable while I'll make something in the kitchen."

 

I could see him move around, looking at my place. I heat the water on the stove, and ran upstairs to get some clothes. Pulling out some of my clean shirts and pajamas, I handed it to him.

 

"Oh, it's okay..I'll just dry off on the towel."

 

"Nope, you'll get sick. The bathroom is there, try to take a hot shower and please don't stay long."

 

"Sigh, I really can't win on you. Fine, thanks for the clothes, Yun!"

 

As soon as the water boils, I pour it on the cup and make a hot choco. He went out in the bath, clean and dried..he looks refreshing as he wipe his hair dry.

 

He sat on the chair beside me and silently sip the hot drink. He moaned in relief as heat washed over his stomach. It feels good, he smiled at me and give me a V sign. I chuckled on his childish behaviour, taking the cup on my mouth to hide my face. Jaejoong never failed to amused me, at first look I thought he was really snobbish and cold but once I get to know the real him, he was amazing. He warm hearted, cute and talkative, he caught me with his jokes.

 

"Do you want to watch TV?"

 

"Yes."

 

We moved on the couch, turning on the TV, I look for an interesting channel. After flipping it and felt bored on the shows, I gave him the remote.

 

"Seriously, Yunho what kind of movie do you like? You keep flipping through channels but can't find one. This looks good!"

 

''Aren't you sleepy?"

 

"Not really."

 

He sat next to me, arms folded on his chest. He was laughing at the show, and slightly tossed his legs up, causing it to brush up on my legs as well.

 

Leaning on the right part of the couch, and lifting my feet up to feel comfortable. He looked at me meaningfully, I grab his arms and pulled him right on my lap. I wrapped my arms on his waist. "Comfy?"

 

He hummed in content and leaned on my chest. I thought about it and suddenly I think our position is much better. The show continued, and I watch him laugh, giggled and sometimes he bumped on his head on my chin. After a while, I heard no more of his whims, but just a soft sound of his snore. He slept again on me, his adorable face was facing me with innocence.

 

I was about to leaned down to put a kiss on his gorgeous lips when my phone rang loudly. Fetching it from my pocket, I was stunned to see the caller.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Yunho-ah, Merry Christmas! I just wanted to greet you, and please do love my cousin. He have been suffering ever since my aunt took him in, he was pure and kind soul, so please don't hurt him."

 

"What? How did you know? Jaejoong is your cousin? Hmm..I think you got it all wrong, I don't intend to hurt him. In fact I've promise to make him happy."

 

"Haha. Yah! You and Jaejoong passed on a cafe shop, and I quite saw both of you. Haha, thanks really, Yun. I think Jaejoong needs someone so caring and thoughtful boyfriend like you."

 

"Sigh, life is really full of surprises. Well the, thanks for reminding me! Merry Christmas!"

 

Ending up the call, I took Jaejoong's hands and pulled him lightly. He weighted like a feather, he was kind of light for a man, carrying him to my room I settled him on my warm bed.

 

I have no bitter feelings for Junsu, my heart feels happy about him. And now, my attention will be fully dedicated for this man, who save me from being alone and lonely on Christmas day. Wrapping my arms on his slim waist, I kissed his hair and lips. Before the clock strikes 4 a.m. I slept with a smile on my face, thinking of my future with Jaejoong.

 

The End!

 

Advance Merry Christmas Everyone! So happy that I'm able to write this although I'm busy..Thank you for reading my fics!