The Wedding

These little things

In darkness, he slips quietly onto his designated seat, his eyes concentrating only on that bright, beaming face at the podium. The loud cheers and wolf whistles from all around the ballroom add to the already boisterous and celebratory atmosphere. He could feel the unparalleled happiness radiating from the babyish face decked out in black and he feels a slight tug at his heartstrings. Then he sees her for the first time, dressed in a pure white wedding gown, looking every inch like a princess with a gentle smile. As he sees him grasping her hand tightly while exchanging a knowing look between them, he knows that he is in good hands and that this is really what he wants. He looks on wistfully as the couple give their touching thank you speech on stage. How he sometimes wishes...If only.

 

When he first came to them of the impending news, he was shocked for he had not seen it coming. Then came envy and bubbling jealousy on his part which he kept well-hidden from the rest. He tried not to think about it, often slinking away when the topic came up or feign ignorance. And then they just kept coming, hurtling at him at full speed, right smack onto his face: the public announcement, the wedding invitation cards, the photo shoot. Things that he could never experience. Not like them...so unlike them.

 

Their eyes meet when he is walking along the aisle with his bride. He smiles back at the two of them and wishes them everlasting happiness from the bottom of of his heart. He deserves to be happy. He has fought for his love...preferring to withstand all scrutiny and accept unkind words. Theirs, what they have, shrouded in secrecy, never tell, never show.

 

But you cannot help who you fall in love with, can you?

 

Sighing inwardly, he leans backwards to meet the strong dependable chest, seeking warmth as he inhales deeply, catching the manly musky scent he loves to death. Only in the darkness, can they afford these little subtle touches and intimacy. Their fingertips lightly touching, before their pinkies curl, pale skin on tanned.

 

"I am sorry, Kyu," the other apologizes in a whisper, knowing why he is feeling that way. He always does, by a glance at his facial expression.

 

"But I will never exchange this, for what we have," he replies back resolutely, this he knows for sure, certain.

 

He turns, bright brown orbs meeting those black, black eyes. Only you can make me feel this way.

 

"You too?" he gasps, when the handsome man holds up his left hand with a mischievous smile, "We are too bold to be wearing this tonight. Manager will probably ask us to take it off later."

 

The other's dimpled smile lights up his entire face as he sneaks a kiss on their interlaced hands, their promise to each other for eternity glinting proudly on their fourth finger respectively.