~Final~

Of Stars, Cheeseballs and Cheese-ingitis

"Hyung?"

 

    He croaked out when he felt a cold space beside him then opened his eyes for a fraction. Sunlight hit his eyes making him groan. Jongdae realized that there was no response to his call a moment ago. Minseok wasn't beside him and he turned to see a fixed, empty bed except for his phone that was on top of it. His brows furrowed a bit.

 

'Maybe he woke up early as always.' he thought as he fix himself for breakfast. Kyungsoo has just finished preparing the dishes when he left his room and he heard him complaining about missing bread, milk and other stuff but still hadn’t seen any traces of the older. He checked every room in their dorm but he's nowhere to be seen.

 

"Oh good morning Jongdae-hyung, breakfast?" Kyungsoo grinned, his heart-shaped smile showing. The older nodded and grinned as he sat down for breakfast.

 

"Soo, have you, by any chance, seen Minseok hyung?" the younger shook his head.

 

"I was the first to woke up, I think. The dorm was empty an I didn't saw him leave the dorms." Kyung replied.

 

"Oh okay." he said with a small smile. He wonders where would Minseok be. 

 

   After promoting their albums, performing all around the globe , attending various events, shows and schedules, their managers decided to give them some time to rest and take a break from their tedious schedules and activities. They've been working really hard and endured every pain to make their fans happy so they need a well-deserved break to relax for a while as well as to ensure their health.

 

   Soon, the rest came for breakfast telling each other their plans for the day. Tao wanted to go shopping, much to Kris' horror and despair but he agreed to go with him because he can't resist the panda boy. And he doesn't get angry with him-not even once, according to all the members who experienced his wrath especially Jongdae. As usual, The Hunhan couple were planning to go on a bubble tea date. Jongdae swore that one day he'll find a way to get them a lifetime supply of bubble tea

 

"We'll go somewhere guys!" Chanyeol said dragging Baekhyun along.

 

"What about breakfast?" Joonmyeon asked. The two grabbed some toasts and two bottles of milk.

 

"We'll have it along the way-OUCH! Park Chanyeol! I'm not a dog! You can't pull me like one!" they heard Baekhyun yell in the hallway outside. Joonmyeon sighed and chuckled.

 

"Peace at last." Kris munched on his toast happily. The breakfast couple left going who-knows-where doing who-knows-what. When Kyungsoo said he'll be staying, Jongin also decided to stay behind. Jongdae rolled his eyes at the forever-sailing Kaisoo couple. Jongin goes where ever Kyungsoo is and only has his eyes for him. Maybe that's why their fans ship them so hard because of the countless times they caught Jongin or Kyungsoo showing affection to each other. To some people it's just fan service, to some it's 'something else' but unfortunately, they don't know the real score between these two and everybody else in the group. Joonmyeon and Yixing were planning to bike around Seoul. And him, Jongdae was feeling  alone because he woke up not knowing where Minseok is.

 

"Hey, where is Minseok-ge?" Tao asked.

 

"Yeah, I haven't seen since we eat." Jongin added. Jongdae sighed silently and finished his breakfast. Joonmyeon and Yixing exchanged glances. After breakfast, everybody went to their own business.

 

"Myeon, let's go?" The guardicorn couple stopped and stare at Jongdae, who was sitting on the couch while looking up the ceiling. Both exchanged pitied looks. They felt bad about him.

 

"Jongdae-ah." the troll king turned to him.

 

"Yes Xing-ge?"

 

"Do you want to come with us?" Joonmyeon asked while Yixing nodded. "We could go together anfhelp you find Minseok-hyung."

 

"Oh no! No need hyung!"  he immediately declined. Before any of the two could speak he went ahead of them. "I don't want to spoil your time together. It's your date. So no thank you. I'll be fine." both males blushed making the troll king smirk.

 

"But-"

 

"No buts, hyung."

 

"Well-"

 

"It's alright you two." he chuckled. They fit well together. He labeled Joonmyeon the 'appa' while Yixing the 'umma'. Both care so much for their member disregarding themselves. "Go on with your date." The two still look uncertain but they know how stubborn their troll is so they conceded.

 

"Okay, okay. But we'll message you if see him somewhere, kay?" Yixing said

 

"I know you're scared Jongdae. I am too. We don't know where hyung is right know but I know he's fine and I hope he is." Joonmyeon said. "Minseok hyung is a strong and wise person, remember that." He felt a bit lightened with what he said so he let out a small smile.  Their leader gave him an encouraging smile and patted his arm before they left. Jongdae let out a groan and buried his face in his hands.

 

'Minnie, where are you?'

 

   Hours passed and it was almost sundown and still no sign of his beloved hyung. It was bad enough to wake up without his baozi. He didn't left a message or a note. The younger misses him terribly and he spent the whole afternoon lying on the couch thinking where could Minseok be. The worst thought of him being hurt never fails to cross his mind. Nobody knows where he is and it scares Jongdae so much. He stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen to grab a drink.

 

   Jongin and Kyungsoo were in the kitchen having their own time together. The older of the two is scanning cookbooks while the younger just stare at him like a puppy. Jongdae couldn’t help smirking at the sight of his lovesick dongsaengs. The fans would surely go crazy when they see this. He saw how Jongin lovingly stares at the doe-eyed boy. How Kyungsoo's cheek would turn into different shades of pink when Jongin whispers something to him. After he finished his drink, he immediately left the kitchen to give them privacy.

 

'If the fans only knew that Kaisoo really exists.' he went back to his spot on the couch earlier and plopped down on it.

 

   All he wanted right now is Minseok. His name ring inside his head like a broken piece of vinyl record. He wanted to cuddle his baozi all day long. He wanted to mutter sweet nothings to him. He wanted to kiss him all day and express how much he love him. Jongdae heaved a sigh and went to the balcony and savor the cold night air of the city. It was already night fall. He didn't noticed because he spent the whole day sulking inside. Jongdae look up and saw the star strewn sky.

 

'If Minnie was here, he would love to watch-' a sudden thought dawned him. He was to busy sulking in the dorms that he was very stupid not to think about it. 'I think I know where he is. Please be there.' he left their dorm and rode the elevator going to the rooftop.

 

'Please be there.' he chanted like a mantra. Huge smile crept on his face when he reached the rooftop.

 

   There was Minseok who is lying on a mat with his hands under his head, smiling as he look at the stars above. The eldest really love to stargaze. Back when they were trainees, he would always go to a hidden spot in the park to stargaze. But now they're idols, he rarely does it and can't go to his 'sanctuary' without the fans chasing after them so it's not a good idea anymore. A big folded umbrella was lying beside him along with a picnic basket. A bottle of milk and two bottles of orange juice was placed beside the basket. Jongdae chuckled and quietly  made his way towards the older.

 

"So that's where the milk and bread go." Minseok look up at him with a huge smile.

 

"Hey Dae." the older greeted.

 

"Is there enough room for two?" the older nodded and patted the space beside him then Jongdae settled himself.

 

"Soo was complaining about missing bread and milk earlier. Have you been here all day long?" Minseok giggled and nodded. "Do you know how worried I am when I woke up and didn't see you there? I searched for everywhere in the dorm but you're not there. Nobody knows where you are and I'm so scared. I sulked whole day because I didn't get to spend time with you." Minseok turned to him with a guilty smile.

 

"I'm so sorry Jongdae-ah." he said. "I'm really sorry if I worried you so much. I just thought the dorm would be so loud because it's out first day of rest. I wanted to go to my sanctuary but I can't go there anymore. So I went up here and found peace. Actually, I just slept the whole day. But I'm really sorry Dae." Jongdae chuckled and laced his fingers with his.

 

"I understand hyung. At least you're safe and sound." he kissed the back of the older's hand making thousands of butterflies flutter in his stomach. "And most importantly, I'm here with you now. I am so scared to lose you, hyung." Minseok can't help chuckling at the younger's cheesiness.

 

"I won't leave you Dae. I promise you that." he smiled at him. "How did you know I am here?" The younger just smiled. Jongdae may be the forever troll king (that made Joonmyeon cry multiple times and the regular receiver of Kris' glare) but in reality, he's really caring, sweet, romantic and cheesy-especially to his baozi.

 

"Well, I knew you love to stargaze." he said. "And I have my ways of finding you." Minseok just laughed.

 

"You're cheesy, you know that?"

 

"I know." Jongdae lift their interlaced hands and kissed the back of Minseok's hand again causing the other to blush and giggle. Oh how Jongdae love the sound of Minseok's laughter and giggle.

 

"Look, Dae! That's Orion's belt. And that whole lot is Orion!." he happily pointed at the constellation in the sky. "Then there's Canis Majoris! Canis minor is somewhere out there."

 

   Jongdae chuckled and just listen to him as he point out all the constellations he could see and name each of their stars. The younger is deeply amazed at how Minseok could tell which is which and remember the names of every single star despite billions and billions of them exists.

 

   To Jongdae, Minseok's voice is a beautiful melody created from the heavens above and Minseok is the greatest masterpiece of a delicate art. Jongdae turned to him. He love the way his eyes twinkled in excitement as he look up the stars. It's like two of bright stars were trapped in his eyes. He love the way his eyes disappear when the apples of his fluffy cheeks hid them when he smiles. He love how his cherry pink lips move flawlessly as he talk.

 

"Dae?" Mineok seemed to notice that he was lost in his world so he look away quickly and stare back at the sky.

 

"Hmmm?" he hummed in response.

 

"Aren't the stars beautiful?"

 

"Yes they are." Jongdae grinned. "Until now, I'm still amazed at the fact that you could remember all the names of each constellations and each stars when countless of the exists out there!" the older laughed again.

 

"I was really active at stargazing activities in my whole high school life." he said. "I never missed any stargazing activities every year. You know my mom always tell me: 'Minseokkie, nothing is impossible so never stop reaching the stars of your dreams' For my whole life that is my motto."

 

"Is that so?" Jongdae turned to him with a grin. Minseok nodded vigorously. "If that's the case then, I already have my star."

 

"Really?" the older raised a brow at him.

 

"Yes and he's right beside me." he said. Minseok felt his cheeks warm again and let out another giggle. "You are my star, hyung. You are my dream."

 

"Oh you." Minseok inched his cheeks gently making the other laugh.

 

"And I'll always follow you hyung. Anywhere and everywhere." he said.

 

"Why?"

 

"Well, you are my dream." he smirked. "Umma always told me: 'Jongie don’t' ever stop following your dreams.'" With that, Minseok bursts into fits of giggles. Just then, a shooting star cross the sky.

 

"Oh Dae- Look! A shooting star! Make a wish!" Minseok fluttered his eyes close and smiled as he silently make his wish. When he finished, he saw his lover staring at him. "Did you make a wish?"

 

"No need Minnie, my wish has long been granted." the younger winked at him.

 

"You know, you have a bad case o cheese-ingitis." Minseok rolled his eyes at him again.

 

''There's no cure for that hyung." Minseok chuckled.

 

"I wonder where shooting stars go." the older pouted in curiosity.

 

"Well, I think shooting stars are heaven sent and they don’t disappear into nothingness, it goes to somewhere they're meant to be." Jongdae said as he stare into the sky. "You are a shooting star, hyung." Jongdae turned his head at the same time Minseok did so the tip of their noses touch each others.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because, just like shooting stars, you're heaven sent and you shoot straight to my heart where you're meant to be." Jongdae caressed his lover's face who was blushing for the nth time.

 

"You're a huge cheeseball, you know that?" the older stifled a soft chuckle.

 

"I know hyung, I'm your cheeseball" he said. "But you still love me anyways."

 

"Yes,  you cheeseball." Minseok said and rolled his eyes at him for the nth time as well. "I'll love you until the last star dies."

 

   Jongdae grinned then tilted his had and leaned in to close the space between them. They shared the sweetest and most chaste kiss under the star strewn sky.

 

"That's cheesy too." Jongdae smirked. "Who knew you could be that cheesy, hyung."

 

"I got infected by you cheese-ingitis you cheeseball." they laughed.

 

"I love you too, hyung." the troll king said wrapping his arms around him and pull him closer. Just as Minseok thought, the dorm got really loud and noisy when the rest  returned. They are happy with each other's company at the rooftop where there is peace and tranquility. The word below them and around them doesn't matter in their own word. They spent the whole night cuddling and muttering sweet nothings to each other like Jongdae wanted earlier. Jongdae was beyond happy to be with his beloved hyung and spending their precious time together under the sky full of stars.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

There you have it!
 

I know it's not that good, but thanks for reading! I appreciate your support and love <3

 

Kaisoo is my OTP but I love Xiuchen too but there's not much fics about this ship =( I'll try to write as many fics as I could ^_^ I'll be focusing in writing fics about other pairings too (like the underrated ones) ^__^

 

Love you all <3

-Paige ^^