Loss

12.19.2011
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Loss

 

         “ON THE COUNT OF THREE PUSH!!!” my dad ordered us. We braced ourselves as we pushed the screen door open. We were all crying now if the door doesn’t open would all drown in here if the water rose higher!!! With all our strength we pushed but the door wouldn’t bulge.

            “AGAIN!” My dad ordered. I was saying a prayer or more like yelling a prayer to God. We pushed at the door again and finally it opened. As soon as the door opened a little my brother and my dad pushed it open so we could go out.

            “UP THE ROOF!!” My dad yelled amidst the difficulty. We all of us were out of the house my dad let go of the door.

            The water current was too strong and we could barely move. My mom with her small body pushed us forward while my brother climbed up the covered swing up into the roof. First he pulled Hayeon up then me since I was capable of pulling Jessica up. I pulled Jessica up while my brother pulled up my mom and lastly my dad climbed up.

            We were on the roof and it was freezing cold. The wind blew harshly against us and it was so dark around us. We were shivering. I pulled Jessica closer to me while she hugged Hayeon who wouldn’t stop crying. We sat there for a while listening to the endless echoes of the people screaming for help, struggling with their lives but there was nothing we could do.

            It was horrifying but it does not end there. The water rose up again and it was reaching the roof. My mom started to panic and I did also. I stared at the dark waters and fear engulfed me. I couldn’t SWIM! There was no way for me to get off the roof. My parents began screaming for help and someone answered. My mom’s bestfriend was on top of the roof of her two story house and she answered our call.

            “Mike swim towards us!!” they shouted towards us we heard them loud and clear through the roaring winds and torrential rain.

            The water was rising higher and my dad needed to decide.

            “Alright everyone hold hands! We are going in the water if we stay here we will all die!” My dad shouted amidst the noise of the storm. I wanted to shout that I can’t swim but stopped myself when Jessica gripped my hand tighter. I knew she was telling me she’s got my back. Jessica was an excellent swimmer but I knew that the rapids were too strong and she might not be able to carry us both.

            My dad pulled us forward and I knew that there was nothing we could do but to go into the waters if we want to survive. I gripped Jessica’s hands while my brother held Hayeon’s and my dad held my moms. We all held hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter